HPU:Applegate

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Marine Fox

Re: HPU:Applegate

Post by Marine Fox »

Duke continued on his way down the sidewalk, not skipping a beat after his little encounter with the pet and his blind human. Staying quiet and generally to himself he noticed a few eyes peering at him as he walked but nothing out of the ordinary, no human or other pet spoke to him or approached him; just how he liked it. At his walking pace it did take a few minutes to reach the turn and a mere moment before he made another turn back towards the book store, feeling refreshed and friendly once again not like how he felt when he was cooped up inside there. He just hoped they hadn't moved along while he was gone lest he need to follow a trail again but as he neared he could catch no scent leaving the store, but actually a concentrated one inside. Smiling and expecting more shenanigans Duke opened the door with a little ding and was welcomed with the sight of near chaos. The larger fox stepped up to Lyn who seemed to be hurt and cradling his arm in a sling, Duke just took a moment to take it all in before kneeling down before the two felines. "Broken arm? What happened?"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"No, I couldn't bec-" Lydia said, cut off by Hazyl coming back. "Is he going to be okay?" Hazyl asked, worried.

Lyn purred softly as Mickey rubbed his back. He jumped back a bit when Duke came up to them. "I-I uh, b-broke m-my arm by f-falling off t-the bookcase...." he said, shaking.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"It's mah fault. Ah had climbed the bookcase to tell off the ghost that's been scaring everybody, which Ah did out of anger. Ah should have known better. Ah supposed to mark a new peace! Not create a rivalry."

Mickey looked up at the sky.

"Hey, if you can hear meh, Ah'm awfully sorry."
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Ah, there you are. Sorry to be a bother but I need your assistance in a few things. Pretty sure I made the right call scaring Lyn after watching his behavior. Miles thought to Hubert. Then he mind played the event to Hubert from his point of view.
He's young and healthy. He'll be a bit nervous tomorrow but hopefully he's learned his lesson. Did I go to far? Or was it just enough? Secondly, I accidentally scared another cat JUST by tapping on her head. Which caused Mickey to climb up a shelf after me. Lyn followed, falling and breaking his arm as you can see. Now I KNOW it's not too much to ask but as it's partly my fault. Could you do anything for his arm? Accelerate the healing? Ease the pain? I know it's a bit of a stretch to ask for an outright healing but. Miles thought to Hubert.
<You are correct: unnatural healing would trigger more distress at this point, or worse, create undue expectations. I can, however, do something to ease the pain." Hubert snapped his tiny clawed fingers. <There. Now the pain and the shock are gone for now, they will ascribe to adrenaline. Did your mortal friends arrange for medical assistance?>
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Rena leans forward and sniffs the kneeling fox. "There you are, Duke," she says, standing back up straight and lightly bumping his shoulder. "C'mon, let's get those stitches out of your leg and give them a bit of space. They've done all but take him to the vet at this point," Rena says, heading back over for the door. "And ah'd like your friend to join us upstairs. Still wanna head up with us, Ray?" she asks out for the cat, though in an actual inquiry as opposed to when she'd asked Serenade to talk outside.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

With the ferrets attending to lyn, buster just kind of stays out of everyone's way until things are dealt with, Not sure what else she can do.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Civilization wrote:Eon managed to run to bookstore door and opened it. "Ion, what happened?" Eon was panting a little. Ion looked at Eon, "Well, he broke his arm." Eon quickly made his way over to the cat along with Ion. "Looks like we have two options, either we can put these braces on you now or we can go to the vets." Eon ran out of breath. "It's your call."
"Y-you can p-put the b-braces on n-now..." Lyn said, shaking a bit.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Eon and Ion kneeled down on opposite sides of Lyn. Ion was on the side of the broken arm with the elbow brace and arm sling, Eon was on the other side with the arm brace. Ion put his paws lightly on the upper part of the broken arm to hold it in place, "Mickey, as soon as he says he's ready for this part, can you remove your handkerchiefs." Eon had the arm brace ready to side into place and was awaiting the go ahead.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mickey nodded and hovered her paw above the knot in the sling, ready to carefully but quickly yank off the garments when told to.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I-I'm r-ready." Lyn said, a little scared.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mickey quickly and snatched away the handkerchiefs.
My characters!
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Eon quickly slide the arm brace under the broken arm, he strapped it into place around the wrist and down the arm. Once it was secured Eon lightly held the arm in place. Ion let go of the arm and slide the elbow brace into place and strapped in into place above and below the elbow. Ion then grabbed the arm sling and slide it over the arm. Eon moved it over the arm while Ion made sure it stayed tight over the shoulder. Once it was done they both sat back, "Okay, how does that feel?"
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

My friend Hubert is doing something about Lyn's pain. Miles thought to Ray.

Hey it's okay. We live and learn. But the most important thing is to live. Miles thought to Mickey.

I'm pretty sure that's next. So. About Hazyl/Lydia? ARE there two entities there?
Miles thought to Hubert.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ah, good. Wait, is he another ghost? How many are there here in Applegate? Ray is comforted by the news though, believing that the ghosts and the paramedics will have the situation under control. Just as Rena addresses him Ray notices that Serenade is looking uncomfortable.
"Sure, Rena. Erm, just a moment though..." Ray crosses to the fox and after making sure everyone's attention is on the injured cat he discretely addresses her.
"Erm, Serenade... I don't mean to pry but... Is everything okay? You were looking a bit uncomfortable just now."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"It feels fine. Thanks." Lyn said, poking the arm band.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Eon remembered the $40 dollars pressing into the side of his neck. He pulled it out, he looked around and noticed the small pile of books on the floor. He got up and grabbed the books, he looked at Nettie, "I believe we still owe you $40." He handed the $40 dollars to Nettie. Ion still sat my Lyn, "Okay then, don't mess with it. You can go to the vets to get some medicine for the pain and any swelling, and in a few weeks we can take that off."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Erm, Serenade... I don't mean to pry but... Is everything okay? You were looking a bit uncomfortable just now."
Preoccupied with her own thoughts , Serenade almost jumped to the ceiling when Ray called her , so much that aside from the obvious jumped she had , someone who's sensitive to the more.....spiritual side of thing might have felt something like a small wave swept quickly through them , like the ripple from a small stone falling into the water.........
"Oh , er , Ray , I erm , I'm ok , thanks for asking" she replied , still quite a bit nervous , even after she saw that Duke came back .
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"Ya'll did great."

Mickey nuzzles Lyn before putting the red handkerchief back on. She stuffed the green one back in her pocket, wondering where it came from.

I've always had it as a little kitten, but never could figure out why. Maybe it has something do with that mouse that appears in my dreams, the one that says I'm the being of peace. The handkerchief and the pants color on the mouse are the same. What does 'being of peace' mean? Does it have to do with how I'm-

Mickey could practically hear her thought bubble pop.

Ghost could probably hear me.
My characters!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Okay. I appreciate it." Lyn said, smiling a bit. He purred and nuzzled Mickey back. "I appreciate your help Mickey." he said, hugging her.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Duke listened to the cat and halfway through her explanation he knew exactly who it was; a smile almost creased his muzzle had he not clenched his jaw and shut out the near laughter. Under his breath he simply muttered "Nice going Miles" and that was that, he would have offered to help get him to a vet but it seemed the pets had other plans. Before he could do anything the two ferrets rushed over and quickly got his arm into a sturdier sling, at least something to help him for now. He could only assume they would deal with the pain later or Hubert might be around to deal with that on Miles' behalf.
Standing back to give the others some room to work a familiar voice caught the fox's attention, turning to face the shiba he was met with Rena sniffing at him and giving him a little bump on the shoulder "Oh! Heh yes of course. I had actually forgot about that" Duke followed Rena over to the door just as Ray held them up to speak with Serenade, the fox wondered what exactly had transpired while he was gone, whether something big had happened other than the arm incident. Duke gave a little smile and nod to Rena before following after Ray, coming up a few steps behind him as the vixen responded after her scare. Duke flashed a warm friendly smile to her and stepped up beside her, placing a gentle paw on her shoulder in hopes to ease her tension.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Marine Fox wrote: Standing back to give the others some room to work a familiar voice caught the fox's attention, turning to face the shiba he was met with Rena sniffing at him and giving him a little bump on the shoulder "Oh! Heh yes of course. I had actually forgot about that" Duke followed Rena over to the door just as Ray held them up to speak with Serenade, the fox wondered what exactly had transpired while he was gone, whether something big had happened other than the arm incident. Duke gave a little smile and nod to Rena before following after Ray, coming up a few steps behind him as the vixen responded after her scare. Duke flashed a warm friendly smile to her and stepped up beside her, placing a gentle paw on her shoulder in hopes to ease her tension.
"oh , Dukes" Serenade muttered , giving the other fox a nervous , yet assuring smile "you're back !"
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

hypernovatic wrote:"Okay. I appreciate it." Lyn said, smiling a bit. He purred and nuzzled Mickey back. "I appreciate your help Mickey." he said, hugging her.
Mickey hugged back before swapping her handkerchiefs. She tied the red one around her wrist. She didn't live on the farm anymore, so why wear it like she still collected strawberries? She touched the garment around her neck and smiled.

The green one suddenly felt more comfortable around her neck.
My characters!
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

More of a powerful undead spirit dragon thing. And yeah. There's quite a bit more ghosts here I think. Miles thought to Ray.

Nope! I can only hear what you directly think to me. Ever read a book about human's shape shifting into animals from alien technology? Kinda like that. Miles thought to Mickey.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Wow. And to think that this morning I didn't even believe that ghosts existed! Wait, dragon??? Do... Do other mythological creatures also exist then?
Watching Serenade's response to his query, Ray decides it's best not to press her so he files it away as something to ponder and possibly bring up again later.
"Okay. If you're sure." he replies. "I'm ready now. Let's go, Rena." With that the cat follows the small dog.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Wow. And to think that this morning I didn't even believe that ghosts existed! Wait, dragon??? Do... Do other mythological creatures also exist then?
Watching Serenade's response to his query, Ray decides it's best not to press her so he files it away as something to ponder and possibly bring up again later.
"Okay. If you're sure." he replies. "I'm ready now. Let's go, Rena." With that the cat follows the small dog.
The tiny spirit appeared on Ray's shoulder this time. "We do exist, indeed. we just...belong to a different order of existence nowadays. I have evolved long time ago to the current state. Very pleased to meet you all, mortals. I am...Hubert."
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mickey smiled and to the front of the group, leading and singing to herself. She progressively got louder and more upbeat as she went on, singing "Animal Jam" from "Cats Don't Dance". Even with her accent, the words came out clear.

"Ah've got rhythm! In mah feet! Ah've got rhythm, in mah heart and soul! Ah've got rhythm! Hot and sweet! Sometimes rhythm makes me lose control!"

Mickey pulled some sweet dance moves as she sang, "Ha-chata-chata-cha!", ending it by hanging upside down from the top of the bookcase by her tail. She slid down and skid on her knees a bit as she sang.

"Ah~, want everyone, to have all the fun! That Ah have! Ah've got rhythm! So do you!" She gestured to everyone. "Let's turn it on and show what we can do!"

Mickey once again began to dance like she was stage. She knew there was a large chance no one would dance with her, but she danced anyway.
My characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ray jumps in surprise as the glowing blue dragon appears on his shoulder. "You're smaller than I expected!" he blurts and then immediately blushes, although it's not visible under his thick fur.
"I-I mean... Sorry... It's a pleasure to meet you too! Erm, you'll pardon my saying but you're not quit what I pictured when Miles said 'dragon'. May I ask though, what do you mean by 'a different order of existence'?"
He looks over at Mickey as she sings, itching to join in. He refrains though as his interest is piqued by the dragon and he doesn't want to shake him from his shoulder. He can't prevent his paw tapping and his tail swinging as he hears the full orchestral score in his head though. He wonders in passing if Hubert will hear the song from his mind and if there's any way to protect his thoughts from these beings but with so many things to think about at once the thought soon gets lost in the myriad of notions passing through his head that forms his inner monologue.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Hubert may find his next words interrupted by a fuzzy white finger trying to poke him, it's owner trying to see if he's solid.
Buster seems to have drifted over towards Ray at some point.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Ray jumps in surprise as the glowing blue dragon appears on his shoulder. "You're smaller than I expected!" he blurts and then immediately blushes, although it's not visible under his thick fur.
"I-I mean... Sorry... It's a pleasure to meet you too! Erm, you'll pardon my saying but you're not quit what I pictured when Miles said 'dragon'. May I ask though, what do you mean by 'a different order of existence'?"
He looks over at Mickey as she sings, itching to join in. He refrains though as his interest is piqued by the dragon and he doesn't want to shake him from his shoulder. He can't prevent his paw tapping and his tail swinging as he hears the full orchestral score in his head though. He wonders in passing if Hubert will hear the song from his mind and if there's any way to protect his thoughts from these beings but with so many things to think about at once the thought soon gets lost in the myriad of notions passing through his head that forms his inner monologue.
"It just means that, through the mastery of celestial forces, I trascended my mortal existence. I am much alive, like you are, but I can not be called...mortal."
---
xhunterko wrote:I'm pretty sure that's next. So. About Hazyl/Lydia? ARE there two entities there? Miles thought to Hubert.
<No, I do not perceive another spiritual entity. This can be a genuine case of split personality.>
---
Buster wrote:Hubert may find his next words interrupted by a fuzzy white finger trying to poke him, it's owner trying to see if he's solid.
Buster seems to have drifted over towards Ray at some point.
The finger passed through the spiritual entity, causing tiny sparks to dance around the finger in the point where the contact had happened. "I could make myself solid, if you wished so. But I prefer to avoid wasting energies."
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Duke chuckled softly at her sudden exclamation, a big warm smile creeping upon his muzzle and his tail swishing from side to side happily. However while he displayed a look of happiness and being content he did spot her slightly nervous smile, he heard her mutter and wondered what was the matter. He wanted to ask but he knew this was not the place to do so, not with so many others around and with Rena having waited patiently for some time to get his stitches out this was not the time either. He dropped it and awaited a more appropriate time to ask about this response, in the meantime however he stayed joyful and moved his paw around to her should away from him, pulling her closer to him in a caring and mild embrace. The fox gave Serenade a gentle squeeze in comfort and relaxed, looking just slightly down right to her eyes; that smile still planted on his muzzle "Yep! Just needed some fresh air for a little bit"
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Eon stood there holding the books, Ion looked at the tiny dragon, then at Eon. "Er... Hi?" Ion continued to look shocked at him. Eon shrugged, Ion got up and headed over to Eon, "Are we going crazy." He whispered into his brother's ear, Eon shrugged again.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Rena shakes herself a bit, then opens the door to the bookstore. "C'mon, it's not even a minute's walk," she says as she steps out, blatantly ignoring the spirit dragon. She walks around the the bottom of the stairs up to the bookstore's second floor, ears folded back.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
valerio

Post by valerio »

Civilization wrote:Eon stood there holding the books, Ion looked at the tiny dragon, then at Eon. "Er... Hi?" Ion continued to look shocked at him. Eon shrugged, Ion got up and headed over to Eon, "Are we going crazy." He whispered into his brother's ear, Eon shrugged again.
"Greetings, mortal. And no, you are quite sound of mind."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Just how many ghosties does this neighborhood have?" Buster wondered aloud.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

"Only 3 regulars," Tara said, then looked at Hazyl. "Or, I guess 4 now counting Lydia."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Actual split personality huh? So pretty much, treat it as it were. Miles thought to Hubert.

Yep! Dragon dragon! Miles thought to Ray.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hlaoroo wrote:Ray jumps in surprise as the glowing blue dragon appears on his shoulder. "You're smaller than I expected!" he blurts and then immediately blushes, although it's not visible under his thick fur.
Mickey smirks and jumps over to Ray, grabbing his paw. She yanked into a dance with her, noticing the little dragon on his shoulder.

"Well, hey there!"
My characters!
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Eon watches as Mickey grabs Ray, he hands the books to Ion, "Maybe we are crazy." He smiles at his brother and runs over to the two cats to join in the dance. Ion looked down at the books, Well, if we're crazy. He sat down and tried to read.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Marine Fox wrote:Duke chuckled softly at her sudden exclamation, a big warm smile creeping upon his muzzle and his tail swishing from side to side happily. However while he displayed a look of happiness and being content he did spot her slightly nervous smile, he heard her mutter and wondered what was the matter. He wanted to ask but he knew this was not the place to do so, not with so many others around and with Rena having waited patiently for some time to get his stitches out this was not the time either. He dropped it and awaited a more appropriate time to ask about this response, in the meantime however he stayed joyful and moved his paw around to her should away from him, pulling her closer to him in a caring and mild embrace. The fox gave Serenade a gentle squeeze in comfort and relaxed, looking just slightly down right to her eyes; that smile still planted on his muzzle "Yep! Just needed some fresh air for a little bit"
Letting out a sigh of relief , Serenade allowed herself to fall into Duke's embrace , giving him a shy smile as if to say "thank you" . Seeing him back was actually more calming than one would expected , but after the whole Lyn's accident , Rena's reaction to her , and well.....it's just feel better this way , to say the least .
Leafolawl wrote:Rena shakes herself a bit, then opens the door to the bookstore. "C'mon, it's not even a minute's walk," she says as she steps out, blatantly ignoring the spirit dragon. She walks around the the bottom of the stairs up to the bookstore's second floor, ears folded back.
"erm...." hearing Rena's call , the vixen snapped out of her little moment , and , with a hesitant look toward Duke , then the stairs, asked
"perhaps we should , well erm , maybe you should follow her ?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ray yowls in surprise and allows Mickey to spin him around a few times. Laughing, he forces himself to pull away.
"Sorry, Mickey, I'd love to stay but I have a prior engagement. We can totally dance later though!" The cat steps towards the door with the dragon still on his shoulder.
"You coming or staying, Hubert?" he asks, thinking that the dragon did a good job to cling to his shoulder throughout the spinning. He wonders why Rena appeared so determined to ignore the dragon but decides it's best not to question that as he follows the small dog out the door.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters