SRP: Lounging around

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Buster
Game Master

SRP: Lounging around

Post by Buster »

(The S stands for 'silly')

Everything was set up, the building had been laid out mostly the same as he remembered, maybe a few new additions here and there...

The last remaining piece of Universe 404, at least that he knew of, was back up and running.

It still wasn't quite the same without Moxie, Euphie, and the rest of the gang... but he had the photos in the wall behind the counter to remember those days by. who knows, when he got the door up and running this place might not be empty any more.

"Aaand... There. Done." the ferret commented, to himself, the little tricorder-like tool he had been using away and turning the door on.
Last edited by Buster on Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Deske

Re: SRP: Lounging around

Post by Deske »

The door knob rotated and opened with a light click, a head poking in "This is the place right? The extra dimensional lounge I've heard about?" The dog stepped in, letting his eyes roam the room, "Nice place." He said, find a seat for himself. He moved to sit before turned around to the ferret behind the bar, "I didn't introduce myself, how rude of me. Barging in here. My name is Sirius Nielsson."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Once again, the door knob turned and the door opened up. A tall wolf-like woman with snow white fur that ended in translucent ice-blue tips stood in the doorway. She stood a little over six feet tall, making her taller than even most human men. Her right arm was missing at the elbow and covered in an arm sock. She carried a backpack that was almost as tall as she was and wore a utility belt wrapped around her torso. She wore simple jeans and a t-shirt. "Woah... Ok, this is definitely NOT my room..." She walked up to the ferret. "'scuse me? What is this place?" She asked.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Sure is, though I haven't a clue how you heard about it before I got the door up and running. Someone must have caused a paradox later." the grinning ferret comments with a shrug and a quick laugh. Ten seconds in and the timeline is already bent into a knot, just like old times. It felt good to be somewhere that was like that again. "I'm remnant. Nice t' meetcha."

Noticing the other newcomer, the ferret grins even wider, tilting his head backwards till he's looking at her upsidedown rather than turn around. shrugging and saying, "A lounge, or what I think a lounge is anyway. Used to be a bar. Also technically nowhere, but also everywhere. That's what makes it fun." he spouts cryptically, looking forward again, and heading over to the counter.
Last edited by Buster on Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Sirius stood still, hands still resting on the chair in front of him. He frowned in thought before shrugging, "You're probably right. I think... Well anyway-" He stopped as the door opened and a rather tall wolf creature thing stepped in. He gave her a small wave, "I hope future or past me sorts it out." He thought for a couple seconds more about how that would turn out before turning around and walking over to the bar. "I wonder how that's going to pan out. Anyway, what've-" He was interrupted yet again as the door flew open and a rather familiar, albeit younger, husky burst in through the door. "Got to drink? Root Beer. Ask for root beer. Don't question yourself, you'll thank me later." Sirius groaned and rubbed the bridge of his nose, opening his mouth to speak. "Future actually. Look I know the rules. 'Don't talk to your past self.' But this is kind of an exception. Because you're not really my past self." "How-" "Many more are going to show up? Probably none if I do this right." "Will-" "I stop? No, I won't. Come on, you and I both know that we've always wanted to do this. Anyway, times up and I've got to go. I have a timeline to fix. Also, Markuss says Hi. Seeya!" The door shut with a firm click and that was the end of that. Sirius looked at the ferret with a smile on his face, "Did you have to be right," he joked. "Well, guess I'll have the root beer if you've got it."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Rem can't help but laugh at the encounter.

"Sure thing." the ferret states, walking over to what looks to be a normal 3'x3'x7' fridge, opening it up and walking in. you can hear him walk at least twenty paces before he stops, fiddles with something that makes a clinking sound, then comes back out holding a medium size chilled glass bottle of rootbeer. "here you go. anything else?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

The wolf creature also laughed at the encounter. "Haha! This might not be where I'm staying, but it definitely feels like my home. Lot's of weird things happen there." She offered her left hand to shake Rem's. "My name is Eira. What's yours?"
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

"Thank you. Y'know, I'm sure someone would question why you seemed to take an actual walk into the fridge, but I'm pretty sure I've been past that point for a while. Still," He took a sip of his root beer while Eira introduced herself, surprised at how good the drink tasted. "Mm, future past me was right," he said to himself.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

the door once again opened and in walked a fedora wearing black cat with a white fur patch on his chest. "Alright, Mom, I'm going to bed now.
Love you,
" he said closing the door. "My favorite meal ticket," he added in a much less sweet manner before turning around and noticing this wasn't his room. "oh not this interdimensional **** again." he sighed in resignation, putting his paw to his face. this was the second...third?... time he's wound up in some strange place. "Where the **** am I this time? and is anything goingt to try and kill me?" he asked the nearby group of... residents?
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Eira turned to the new arrival. "No one is going to try to kill you. Especially not while I'm here." She walked up to the black cat, whom she towered over. "I'm Eira. Also known as Arctos the Ice Wolf. I'm a superhero." She smiled and offered a hand to shake.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Eh, refurbishing a nonfunctional TARDIS as a fridge isn't THAT weird... is it?" Rem asks.
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Nobody's gonna hurt you." He replied to the cat. "Ahh, a superhero? Same here. Sirius Nielsson. Don't have a superhero name though, always liked my own name well enough." He turned to Rem after he'd introduced himself to the cat, "Honestly, it's not. At least not for any of us. I think it's pretty cool. Used to be, okay, still into Doctor Who, but I haven't caught up on them all yet. I still need to swing back and get the original run of it." He looked at the clock on the wall then at his watch, "Hm, I have to go, give me a second." He stood and headed towards the door. When he had left and closed it behind him he was back in his chair, "Sorry about that. There's a specific time frame in which things need to occur. I told myself a minute ago that I would need to leave at a specific time. I also let myself know about this place just in case I missed it. Which is why past-current me knew about it when I shouldn't have.
So now I'm future-current me to past-current me and future-past me was right. It was really fun interrupting past-current me."
He spun around on the stool and leaned back against the bar, "That should be all of the looping that needs to be done for now though. Again, sorry about that, it's why I left and came back, because you seem to be the universe owner and I don't want to mess with time frames not inside my own universe. The deities there don't seem to really mind."
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Once again the door flung open and the sound of stomping signified the entrance of the dark purple, mechanical looking feline figure, a Cheshire grin covering the bottom of the helmet. Tatiana stopped in her movement as she noticed the really different environment she had expected to see. She turned back to see the door closed before looking forward again, "Well. That's the first time I've had a door malfunction on me." She spoke in a synthetic, but convincing voice. She stood still, waiting for the reaction of the others, though mainly out of confusion.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Eira turned to the new arrival. "Yep. This feels just like home." She walked up to Tatiana and was about to greet her when the door began to open again and two very familiar voices could be heard from the other side.

"Well... that was a busy day."
"And it's just going to get busier... We should call Eira. Check in on... wait, what?"

In the doorway stood two individuals. One was a woman in sleek armor of various blue colors and a hurricane emblem on her shoulder plate. Her hair, once jet-black, showed signs of greying and her face had a number of small scars. The other was a massive, dark, and intimidating, wolf-like creature. He stood nearly seven feet tall, had a mouth full of viciously sharp fangs that flashed white when he spoke.

"That's... not right... Wait... EIRA?!?!?!" the beast yelled when he noticed the ice wolf.
"Eira? EIRA!" The woman exclaimed. The two of them charged toward her.
"MOM! DAD!" Eira exclaimed as she ran past Tatiana, "Sorry. Excuse me." She said. She ran up to The Lycan and Tempest, arms open and they collided in a massive hug between the three of them.
-Champion Motto

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

CyberDragon wrote:Eira turned to the new arrival. "No one is going to try to kill you. Especially not while I'm here." She walked up to the black cat, whom she towered over. "I'm Eira. Also known as Arctos the Ice Wolf. I'm a superhero." She smiled and offered a hand to shake.
"super hero? really?" FLynn asked. he'd be reluctant to agree but he's personally met gods and used magic, so that's not much of a stretch. "like the save the world type that has more important things to do than deal with small time criminals?" he had to make sure he wouldn't get arrested for swindling anyone here... or worse.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Hold that thought..." Rem comments to Sirius, eyes momentarily flickering from blue to red then back again, looking over at Tatiana "Excuse me, If that suit of yours has any internal weaponry, mind removing and leaving em in the basket by the door? Sorry, but I can't get a decent scan through armor, and you move like you usually 'carry'. Otherwise, welcome to the lounge."

Turning back to Sirius he answers with "Oh, that's nothing. a friend I used to know liked to play poker with himself. we never did figure out where the winnings went when one of the past versions won since he was memory wiping himself to avoid cheating..."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Rain lashed down as he sludged through the forest, pulling his bindle with him on his way to the small hole underneath the exposed roots of the tree ahead of him. It wasn't much of a shelter but it would have to suffice and he pushed himself into the strangely dark hole...

...and he entered through the door of the lounge. He looked around, his brain not quite working out the things around here. His jaw drooped as his bindle dropped to the ground. "Beth yw'r uffern," he breathed before sticking his head back outside. Yep, it was still throwing it down. He pulled his head back in again. Strange noises, strange beasts with lots of teeth, Vermin and seemingly no-one advancing. Were those crossbows in that basket? They had trigger...things but where were the bolts? "Um..," he repeated, not sure of what else to say as his arms decided they wanted to just hang...

((Beth yw'r uffern? = What the heck?* *Not actually heck. Heck doesn't translate.))
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana watched as the icy wolf embraced with her boss and his wife, "Perplexing." She turned to what she could only guess to be the host of the weird place as he asked about her weaponry, "Heh, no weapons in this hollow shell. Not unless you count naturally born abilities. But really, forgive me. As I am still processing this weirdness." She turned at the door opening again before turning back to the host, jabbing her thumb at the bewildered newcomer, "Kinda like that yeah. You must have loads of patience if this is gonna become a common recurrence for ya."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"super hero? really?" FLynn asked. he'd be reluctant to agree but he's personally met gods and used magic, so that's not much of a stretch. "like the save the world type that has more important things to do than deal with small time criminals?" he had to make sure he wouldn't get arrested for swindling anyone here... or worse.
Eira and The Lycan broke off from their hug. They could sense in his voice that it was more than just a rhetorical question, so they decided to mess with him. "Well, mostly we go after the more important things. Sometimes though I get a little hungry and decide to just grab a robber or con artist for a snack." Eira said, grinning and showing her dagger-like fangs.
"Mob bosses are my favorite." The Lycan said, playing along. "Their fear is the greatest. It makes an excellent seasoning."

Morgan was standing by, shaking her head, but didn't say anything about it.
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana watched as the icy wolf embraced with her boss and his wife, "Perplexing."
She walked up to the armored shell. "Tatiana? Heh. Long time no see. What's it been, ten minutes?" She smiled. "Have you met our daughter, Eira?" She asked.
Last edited by CyberDragon on Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain felt he had to move. Or just keep dripping on the floor. He shook his head free of a few cobwebs and squelched across the floor, dragging his bindle behind him as his arms refused to lift it and the contents within. He pulled a coin from what remained of his trousers and clanked it on the counter top as he listened to the others to see if he knew the language. "Ale, tavrn'r," he said on recognising the language used to the east of the Marcherlands.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Nah, those are fine. Just meant hardware. Welcome, anything you'd like?" Rem answered, addressing Tatiania at first but opening the question up to the rest.

"Brown ale, Pale ale, India Pale Ale, Golden ale, Scotch ales, Mild ale, Belgian ales or Kali-fal?" The ferret behind the counter asks to the newcomer, not sure what to get him with such a broad request.

(That last one is the untranslated name for Romulan Ale.)

Meanwhile, a certain sneaky merc canine has slipped in the door, snuck over to one of the card tables, and sat down like she was always there. Oddly, still dressed like the guard from the incident the first day.

That was NOT the door to the kitchen... Where did that fox go...
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

O2ain blinked as the vermin read out the list. There seemed to be a large number of choices here. More than a simple beast could count anyhow. Not to mention a lot of odd races too. "I'll try Brown," he sai d,having made a decision. "and, um, where the 'Eck am I?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"A good choice. I'm calling it 'The Lounge' for now, haven't really thought up a proper name yet. I've only even had the doors open for about five minutes." Rem explains, as he retrieves a mug and sticks it just under the lip of the counter. There's the telltale beep of digital controls and the sound of the mug filling from a tap before he pulls it out and sets it on the counter in front of Owain.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana chuckled as she addressed Tempest, "'Met' but not yet introduced, you guys sorta upstaged my entering this weird place. Sudden, yet so far non malicious, though this place just exudes a strangeness unmatched by any planet I've been on personally. Oh, before my head gets beyond me." She turned and gave a small bow to Eira, "Tatiana Esfir Anastasia at your service." Lights lit up on her helmets visor, making two eyes to compliment the helmets smile for a moment before disappearing once more.
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Not 5 minutes and we've already got a bunch of people here," He took another drink of his root beer, "Dumb question, I know but, how long have you been here," he asked Rem. "I like to get a feel for the age of wherever I am. Helps with the planning and such."

--------

The door knob turned, "Good night, Noah," the wolf said as he turned to enter what should have been his own room. He stopped once he had turned around, a little stunned at what clearly wasn't his room. "Hvað?" He muttered to himself, scanning the area to try and make sense of what he was seeing. He took a step in once he saw Eira, somewhat relieved to see a familiar face. "Eira? What... What is this place?" He closed the door behind him.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain heard the beeps and his ears pricked up even before he heard the conversations of the others. "Wha' was that,
then,
" he asked of the beeps. "An' 'ow did I get yere? I duck unner a tree f'r dryness an.... yere with people wi' weird weapons an' armour...."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

CyberDragon wrote:Eira and The Lycan broke off from their hug. They could sense in his voice that it was more than just a rhetorical question, so they decided to mess with him. "Well, mostly we go after the more important things. Sometimes though I get a little hungry and decide to just grab a robber or con artist for a snack." Eira said, grinning and showing her dagger-like fangs.
"Mob bosses are my favorite." The Lycan said, playing along. "Their fear is the greatest. It makes an excellent seasoning."
"well, it's good I'm simply an enterprising business cat with a travelling one game casino," Flynn replied. "Those con artists should be taken off the streets. No crime too small, I always say. Flynn Framm, at your service," he offered his paw to the werewolves.
---------
and once again, the magic doorknob turned. "alright, Dad, g'night," Chris called as he stepped into the room. it took a second to realize he wasn't in his room. welp, this seems like a good time for an alter-ego. he thought as he quickly pulled his blue hoodie out of his backpack and pulled it over his head, the hood extending a bit to obscure the top half of his face. he also put his weaponized knitting needles into the holster's he'd sewn into it. better safe than sorry.
"So... where am I? I feel like I'm not in Comet City anymore." then he realized he'd kind of depleted his powers a bit and needed a recharge. "and, uuh... where can I eat around here?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"well, it's good I'm simply an enterprising business cat with a travelling one game casino," Flynn replied. "Those con artists should be taken off the streets. No crime too small, I always say. Flynn Framm, at your service," he offered his paw to the werewolves.
"That's good to hear." Eira said, still showing those sharp teeth. She wasn't really buying it though. She accepted the handshake cautiously with her left arm. Flynn would notice she has an incredibly strong grip, and she wasn't hesitating to show it off. She leaned in closer until it was apparent. She could smell him. She whispered "Then why do you smell like fear I wonder?"
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana chuckled as she addressed Tempest, "'Met' but not yet introduced, you guys sorta upstaged my entering this weird place. Sudden, yet so far non malicious, though this place just exudes a strangeness unmatched by any planet I've been on personally. Oh, before my head gets beyond me." She turned and gave a small bow to Eira, "Tatiana Esfir Anastasia at your service." Lights lit up on her helmets visor, making two eyes to compliment the helmets smile for a moment before disappearing once more.
Eira and Randy left Flynn and walked up to Tatiana, snickering to themselves when they knew he couldn't see them. Eira waved in response to Tatiana's bow. "Eira Steele. Pleased to meet you." She reached out with her intact left arm to shake Tatiana's. "How do you know my parents?"
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Oh, yeah, i kinda loaded an old game sound-pack into the controls. sorry if that startled you." Rem answers apologetically, unaware he didn't actually answer anything. "as for arriving here, I never did get a chance to ask Moxie where she got it, but that old door goes any time any place..." he explains, his tone turning somber at the end as he adds, "well, Mostly..."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

CyberDragon wrote:"That's good to hear." Eira said, still showing those sharp teeth. She wasn't really buying it though. She accepted the handshake cautiously with her left arm. Flynn would notice she has an incredibly strong grip, and she wasn't hesitating to show it off. She leaned in closer until it was apparent. She could smell him. She whispered "Then why do you smell like fear I wonder?"
"wouldn't anyone be scared if they suddenly found themselves in a strange place with no clue how they got there or how to get back?" Flynn asked.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ydw," Owain said in reply to Flynn. "Mean yes. Any beast'd worry but it's rainin' 'ard out there so shet'r's shet'r e'ev if'n makes no sense."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

[quote="Deske"]"Not 5 minutes and we've already got a bunch of people here," He took another drink of his root beer, "Dumb question, I know but, how long have you been here," he asked Rem. "I like to get a feel for the age of wherever I am. Helps with the planning and such."

(Sorry Deske I completely missed this one.) "Um... I'm not really sure. time is wonky when you're in a dead universe without any stars or natural gravity wells." rem answered back, his tone and words kinda meandering.

Across the room the stranger has decided that there's nothing here that has any relevance to her mission and she's going to head back.

a few seconds after she's out the door, a wolf cub enters, and goes slack-jawed.

What the... This wierd place again? I thought this was part of city hall, how is this place in my closet?!

distracted she promptly walks straight into Chris.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana gave a small shrug as she shook hands with Eira, "Recent recruit of the Champions! Although it's been a bit overwhelming. The zombiess and the giant mech not long after, whew. They're running me ragged! Though the team ain't bad, just need ta get to know them better."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana gave a small shrug as she shook hands with Eira, "Recent recruit of the Champions! Although it's been a bit overwhelming. The zombiess and the giant mech not long after, whew. They're running me ragged! Though the team ain't bad, just need ta get to know them better."
Eira's jaw dropped. "Zombies? A giant Mech? AND I MISSED IT?!?!" She got a hugely disappointed look on her face. "Aw, come on! I haven't been gone that long! How do I miss so much actually don't answer that, I know how weird life on the Beacon gets."

Randy laughed at how similar this was to the time when they told Morgan about the zombies. "You can see who she takes after."
Deske wrote:The door knob turned, "Good night, Noah," the wolf said as he turned to enter what should have been his own room. He stopped once he had turned around, a little stunned at what clearly wasn't his room. "Hvað?" He muttered to himself, scanning the area to try and make sense of what he was seeing. He took a step in once he saw Eira, somewhat relieved to see a familiar face. "Eira? What... What is this place?" He closed the door behind him.
(XP Sorry, Deske. I missed it too. My bad.)
Randy turned around to see the new wolf enter. "Is he a friend of yours Eira?"

Eira and Morgan turned around as well. Eira would probably look a lot different, as without the universal restrictions of the other universe, she was six feet tall even in wolf form.
"Rig! Hi! I don't know what this place is, but these are my parents." She gestured to Randy and Morgan.

The massive seven-foot-tall beast of a (not)werewolf shook Rig's hand. "Randy Steele. Pleased to meet you."

Morgan also stepped up to greet him. "Morgan Steele. I'm Eira's mother. How do you know my daughter?"
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain took his drink on a short wander around the room, walking around the green felt tables with the miniature suns above them and into the corner where a jukebox was flashing lights in sequence. He knelt by the machine and began looking to see how it worked. "Wa' is this thin'?" he asked no-one in particular.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig forced a smile on to his face as the gigantic wolf man stood before him. It wasn't quite fear that was keeping his ears pinned back against his head, more of a feeling of imminent danger that he just couldn't shake. "Good to meet you," he said as he shook Randy's hand. He visibly relaxed when confronted with Eira's mother who put off a much less threatening aura, "Your daughter teleported into the back yard of a friend's home. I think I remember her saying something about a vacation."

------------

Sirius nodded and took another sip of his drink, "Better not test it then. Though I'm sure nothing would happen, I'd rather not push my luck." He noticed the ferrets tone, "You've got fond memories of this place, don't you?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Randy noticed Rig tense up, then relax when he shook hands with Morgan. This amused him for some reason. A sense of irony covered the whole thing. Randy, who has the least threatening name in the world and has the ability to turn into a human is the one that inspires the most fear whereas Morgan could literally plunge a planet into an endless storm with her mind, yet nobody recoils on sight of her. He supposed that his joking about eating criminals doesn't help his case. It's funny, though, to see sketchy people react when he tells them that. It reveals a lot about them sometimes.

His thoughts were interrupted when Eira dope-slapped him lightly on the back of the head. "Yeah, Dad. Nice aim with that portal."

His senses raced back to the present situation. "Ah..." He looked at Morgan, who was frowning at him. "Well, yes... That was my fault, I suspect. My math was probably a... bit off..."

"A bit off?!" Morgan said to him, sternly. "'A bit off' could have landed her in space!"

"Well, no. Not really. It would have landed her planet-side, but far from the intended city." he turned to Eira and asked. "What city did you end up in?"

"Radients Vineyard. A small city surrounded by farms."

"Okay." Randy breathed a sigh of relief. "So it was only at most a few miles off. That's within the safe parameters. It probably resulted from running a few minutes late."

Eira and Morgan shook their heads, and didn't continue the subject. Randy was the technology guy of the three of them. "So like me, my parents are superheroes. Mom controls water, and Dad is a Lycan, like me." Eira said to Rig.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain, being relatively close by, couldn't help but hear what the huge Vermin... whatever it was as it weren't Vulpine talked to its' offspring about being heroes as some had called him on occasion and he heard a word that made him headbutt the jukebox. "Lyc'n," he said haltingly, after cursing in Marcher. "'Eard tha' word 'fore." Still rubbing his head, he looked around the pair. "Story by Bramblestok'r th' bard." He still looked closer, almost daring himself to get as close as possible to the male. "Talk'd 'v two beasts wearin' one skin. Right 'orrible story it were. 'E swore it true though... Were a V'rmin could change t' summat 'airless an' vicious. 'E nev'r got to th' end. Villag'rs didn't like th' story..." Suddenly recalling his manners, he snapped upright, sending the last bit of damp flying from his brow as he let loose a smile to Tempest. "P'rd'n. Owain Ap Daffyd, trav'll'r an' wheelwright, at th' service."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Randy and Eira looked at each other while Morgan frowned slightly at Owain. It was one thing for people to be afraid of her husband and daughter, but it sounded like this mouse person just called them vermin. Calm down, Morgan. It may just mean something else to him...

Randy and Eira, on the other hand, both broke out in big grins. The opportunity was just too good to pass up. They both looked at Owain, smiling innocently.

"Change into something hairless?"
"You mean..."

The two of them strained and went tense as if they were clenching every muscle in their bodies. The thick fur coating them started to move, and their coats became shorter and shorter as the fur was pulled back into the skin by thousands of tiny muscles. They clenched their jaws as their muzzles shrunk. Their ears likewise began to shrink and become more rounded. Their tails got shorter and shorter until they disappeared completely. Pretty soon, two smug looking humanoids were standing there. They didn't look exactly human, as they kept their canine eyes and their mouths were still filled with sharp carnivore teeth, though they weren't visible at the moment. Their claws remained on their hands, though they didn't extend so far out past the fingertip.

"Like this?"
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Deske wrote:Sirius nodded and took another sip of his drink, "Better not test it then. Though I'm sure nothing would happen, I'd rather not push my luck." He noticed the ferrets tone, "You've got fond memories of this place, don't you?"
"The place I based this on... It was the closest thing I ever had to a home." The ferret states, glancing back behind himself at the wall where the pictures were, his eyes lingering on a few in particular. a hovering man in a superman shirt, what appears to be a fae and a vampire posing together, a strange man and a young girl in green cloaks, and a dark haired red shirted over muscled mountain of a man holding what looks like an ODST in desert camo with materia stuck in his arm guards around the neck from behind. "It's the people I miss more th-."

he pauses a moment, scowling at the wall behind the counter.

"I forgot the fish tank."