HPU: Blue Peak Shore

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

The Game

Re: Pet Friendly - Blue Peak Shore

Post by The Game »

Eyes watering from coughing so hard, Celeste eagerly accepted the bottle and took a few sips. "That's better, thank you. And I'm not upset about earlier, I was just curious about what you were running to," Celeste explained. "Oh, and I'm Celeste Hughes, though, sadly, I'm not here to study anything." She sighed, almost wistfully. "Why are you interested in the wolves here?"
valerio

Post by valerio »

lightwolf21 wrote:Reese jumped when the fox shouted out his greeting. The cat turned quickly to face him looking up at his parents who were no longer there but had left him behind and were now busy consorting with the receptionist at the other end of the room. He turned back toward the Streaker. "Uh...yeah..." he replied as he backed up a bit from the advancing fox. "Space!" he called out holding his paws up in front of him and leaning away from the fox.
The fox's outstreched arm went up as if an invisible cable had pulled it up brusquely. "Whoa! I stand corrected: you look like you need a shot of tranq! What makes you so jumpy? Please don't tell me you fall into the ol' 'scaredy cat' specist joke! I think I've got my share already, since when my parents decided for my name."
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

valerio wrote:The fox's outstreched arm went up as if an invisible cable had pulled it up brusquely. "Whoa! I stand corrected: you look like you need a shot of tranq! What makes you so jumpy? Please don't tell me you fall into the ol' 'scaredy cat' specist joke! I think I've got my share already, since when my parents decided for my name."
After the fox pulled his paw away, Reese calmed down a bit and looked at the animal that had approached him. He seemed to talk quite a bit. The cat looked down at the ground when he thought the fox was teasing him, calling him a scaredy cat. "Wait...you're a house pet?" he asked Streaker looking at him with a suspicious look after hearing the fox mention parents. The cat's natural curiosity suddenly overwrote his normally anti-social behavior.
Heh. Look at that... I started an actual Housepets! fan-fic.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 70#p131370
Also:
valerio

Post by valerio »

Streaker put on his best 'model' pose, wrapping his fluffy tail around his waist. He batted his eyes at the cat. "And the prettiest of the bunch here, I daresay. So, you never saw a domesticated fox? Are you from Kansas? I am from the Big Apple, myself."
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

The Game wrote:Eyes watering from coughing so hard, Celeste eagerly accepted the bottle and took a few sips. "That's better, thank you. And I'm not upset about earlier, I was just curious about what you were running to," Celeste explained. "Oh, and I'm Celeste Hughes, though, sadly, I'm not here to study anything." She sighed, almost wistfully. "Why are you interested in the wolves here?"
"Oh, I'll be here for a while all right!" Roxanne smiled at Ulysses. "The research teams are rotated every eight months." She turned back to Celeste as she finally caught her breath. "Well the interest in the wolves is because their population is small and they live in isolation. Their tribe is on the verge of extinction." As the cat straightened after drinking, she noticed her tag. "Say, is that the London Eye, love? And your accent..." She gasped with excitement, raising a paw to her muzzle. "Are you from London too?!"
"I watch ponies now! Ponies are cool!"

Darien Shephard - SP - S-4 P-9 E-3 C-8 I-10 A-2 L-6
Dusk Roscoe - YF - S-4 P-7 E-7 C-5 I-5 A-8 L-6
Roxanne Cooper - BPS - S-4 P-6 E-4 C-7 I-8 A-7 L-6
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Colin had been meandering aimlessly around the area for quite some time now. The source of the voices he'd originally heard must have moved on to somewhere else, leaving him in need of someone else to talk to. Finally, an opportunity presented itself, in the form of a cat and some kind of... Silvery-lookin' wolf-cat thing? He shrugged. Huh. Might as well go find out. He put his shoulders back and strode purposefully toward the pair. ""Ello, there! Name's Colin Baxter o'Salisgrave, welcome to da island 'n such." He offered an exaggerated bow to them both, then turned to Streaker. "Now, if ya don' mind me askin', the heck're you supposed ta be?"
valerio

Post by valerio »

"I'm a fox, babe. Next best-looking thing on this emerald pearl you call 'island'. Say, Colin, I've heard the local gals are really friendly. Would you kindly help a love-starved pet to find his best half?"
The Game

Post by The Game »

"Yes, it is the Eye; and yes, I am!" Celeste smiled. "I was about to ask you the same thing!" Another Brit; she hadn't been expecting that. Although, she did welcome the surprise. "I didn't know anyone else from London would be here! Usually my mum can find them from a mile away."
Last edited by The Game on Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Gian puffed his chest out as his dad laughed, and he stalked around like he was made of muscle and struggled to move and bend because they were so large. He laughed as he relaxed and regained his normal composure. "Boars are notin'... I get ta' go huntin' wit' the village members from time'o time. Though I never got ta' get one myself... I kno' how ta' get 'em." He watched as Roxanne and this new girl suddenly start talking like old friends. This made him smile, he loved seeing people be friendly with one another. It was a great thing, peace. His tail wagged as he waited patiently, listening to the older people talk as he looked around. He almost felt like this was another one of the elders meetings.
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

valerio wrote:"I'm a fox, babe. Next best-looking thing on this emerald pearl you call 'island'. Say, Colin, I've heard the local gals are really friendly. Would you kindly help a love-starved pet to find his best half?"
Colin raised an eyebrow. "Bein' pretty bold an' up front about it, eh?" He looked the fox up and down, nodding to himself, before finally cracking a grin and clapping one paw on Streaker's shoulder. "Some o' the girls migh' like tha'. Ah'll see if I could lend ya a paw."
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Oh, dear, i wouldn't like nothing more,nothing less! In fact, I begged Dad to spend a couple of weeks here just for that... Oh, yes, and also because he really needs some room away from Wall Street. So, Colin o'Salisgrave, where do I find the mate of my life?"
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

The Game wrote:"Yes, it is the Eye; and yes, I am!" Celeste smiled. "I was about to ask you the same thing!" Another Brit; she hadn't been expecting that. Although, she did welcome the surprise. "I didn't know anyone else from London would be here! Usually my mum can find them from a mile away."
"Oh, this is fantastic!" The collie bounced on her heels overcome with joy. "I was so sad that I wouldn't get to see my mates from home for months! Well, you know what they say about the world being small... So, you're a tourist? I mean, I pretty much know everyone in the science team, and I haven't met you there, so you must be here on vacation." She glanced at the german shepherd, then back at Celeste, and she lowered her voice. "Say, I remember you two talking back in the hotel lobby. Are you here... together?" She asked with a sly grin.

The Game

Post by The Game »

Celeste couldn't help but smile at Roxanne's excitement. "It's not exactly vacation...I'm kind of here against my wishes," she explained. Then, when the collie made the suggestion, she shook her head furiously. Celeste wasn't really a blushing type of person, but the slightest bit of red touched her cheeks. "Absolutely not! We've just met each other!" she said. "And I'm not interested in a love life. Or, well, not now." Then, deciding to throw the ball back at Roxanne, she smiled equally as sly and asked, "Do you have your eye on him? Hoping I wouldn't steal him from you?"
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

valerio wrote:"Oh, dear, i wouldn't like nothing more,nothing less! In fact, I begged Dad to spend a couple of weeks here just for that... Oh, yes, and also because he really needs some room away from Wall Street. So, Colin o'Salisgrave, where do I find the mate of my life?"
"Yer da'?" Colin furrowed his brow, then relaxed when he realized what the fox had meant. "Wai', ya mean yer human? Righ', righ'..." Colin thought about asking him what exactly he'd meant by "Wall Street", but he got the feeling that would just complicate matters. Maybe some otha' time. "Right! Les' head back up t'ward the village. Ah'll show ya 'round, an' who knows..." He started back up the path, glancing back at Streaker with a cockeyed grin and a raised eyebrow. "Maybe one o' the female'll take a fancy to ya."
valerio

Post by valerio »

Streaker put on a pouty face. "Hmpf...'Perhaps'! And 'perhaps' I'm going to steal more attention than you, pretty boy, since it's obvious no one saw a stud like *moi* in this place"
Zander wrote:The German shepherd saluted. "Yes sir!"
"Good. Now, that was for the easy parts of your job. But there are four places that require special attention, when it comes to human, and that is why the boss asked for dogs with special training, boy. Because if someone falsified your certification, lives could be lost. And we don't want to lose lives of tourists or scientists, right?"
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

The Game wrote:Celeste couldn't help but smile at Roxanne's excitement. "It's not exactly vacation...I'm kind of here against my wishes," she explained. Then, when the collie made the suggestion, she shook her head furiously. Celeste wasn't really a blushing type of person, but the slightest bit of red touched her cheeks. "Absolutely not! We've just met each other!" she said. "And I'm not interested in a love life. Or, well, not now." Then, deciding to throw the ball back at Roxanne, she smiled equally as sly and asked, "Do you have your eye on him? Hoping I wouldn't steal him from you?"
Roxanne watched with delight as Celeste blushed ever so sligthly at her suggestion, but the cat found a clever way to turn the question around! "Oh no, I'm not thinking about anything like that!" the collie laughed. She hoped they weren't making Adel uncomfortable by talking about him like that. "I was actually hoping to get away from dating for a while here..." She paused as she said that, her eyes becoming distant and unfocused for a split second before she smiled again. "But I would love to get to know you two, all those months would be awfully boring without friends! We could have dinner tonight together, all of us?" She looked back at Gian and Ulysses as she said that, then she leaned closer to Celeste. "Piece of advice from a girl to another: you might not be looking for romance on this island, but you should be prepared. The natives are very *friendly*, if you know what I mean... Trust me, I've met them already." She winked at the cat. "Right now Gian here wants to show us a part of the island. Adel, Celeste, would you like to come with us?" She looked at Gian and Ulysses, as if expecting their approval to take the pair with them.

Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Adel was beginning to wonder what the two girls were talking about when he was asked if he wanted to come along. "Ah, ja, zat vould be vunderbar!"
The Game

Post by The Game »

"I'd love to go with you!" Celeste said, nodding eagerly. When the natives were mentioned, Celeste groaned quietly. "Oh, I know, it's terrible! Three of them were harassing poor Adel earlier." She tsked and shook her head. "But, I can deal with them." She turned to Gian. "I hope you don't mind us tagging along! But please, do lead the way."
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Valerio wrote:Streaker put on a pouty face. "Hmpf...'Perhaps'! And 'perhaps' I'm going to steal more attention than you, pretty boy, since it's obvious no one saw a stud like *moi* in this place"
"Oy!" Colin turned around and marched back over to Streaker. "Ah'm not sure Ah like yer a'itude, bub. And 'sides," Colin rolled back his shoulders, puffed out his chest, and leaned in close to the fox. "Who're you callin' 'pretty boy'?"
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Gian blinked as Celeste asked if he would mind them tagging along. His ears lowered a little, and he looked to his dad. "Can we trus' 'em? I'm takin' ya' to my special place after ol'... not one other person kno's about it besides me." He looked back at Celeste, smiling lightly. "Promise not'a tell anyone about it, an' ya' can come."
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Mareks wrote:Gian blinked as Celeste asked if he would mind them tagging along. His ears lowered a little, and he looked to his dad. "Can we trus' 'em? I'm takin' ya' to my special place after ol'... not one other person kno's about it besides me." He looked back at Celeste, smiling lightly. "Promise not'a tell anyone about it, an' ya' can come."
Adel wagged his tail and held up his paw. "I promise not to tell about your little secret." he said sincerely.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Mareks wrote:Gian blinked as Celeste asked if he would mind them tagging along. His ears lowered a little, and he looked to his dad. "Can we trus' 'em? I'm takin' ya' to my special place after ol'... not one other person kno's about it besides me." He looked back at Celeste, smiling lightly. "Promise not'a tell anyone about it, an' ya' can come."
Ulysses put his paws around the two newcomers. "let's put it this way, son: if someone makes fun of your honor, I'll make fun with their bones." He showed a teethy smile that seemed to belong more to a wolf than a labrador!
---
"Oy!" Colin turned around and marched back over to Streaker. "Ah'm not sure Ah like yer a'itude, bub. And 'sides," Colin rolled back his shoulders, puffed out his chest, and leaned in close to the fox. "Who're you callin' 'pretty boy'?"
Streaker looked at the German Lycaon with puzzlement. "Why? You ain't a pretty boy? C'mon, don't stall: I wanna meet them pretty ladies!" he actually started bouncing.
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Gian blinked, tilting his head to the side. He was raised by the Salisgraves, and they weren't exactly a violent people so he didn't really understand what his father meant by that. His expression was a little intimidating, but Gian was no scaredy hound! His chest puffed out, and he tried to give his own toothy, scarey grin. With his extra bit of tongue though, it looked like he had eaten something that didn't suit his taste buds. He frowned as he couldn't make a scarey face, but smiled and jumped up, twisting in the air and marching forwards. "Okay! Let's go!"
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Roxanne laughed as Gian tried top imitate his father by baring his teeth. The poor cub looked absolutely adorable grimacing like that, something that was probably the complete opposite of what he was going for. She quickly fell in step behind him as they started walking again. "How far are we, Gian?" She asked the wolf mix, then she turned back to the pair of tag-alongs. "So Adel, where are you from? I'm guessing you're here on a vacation as well... Or are you here against your will as Celeste? By the way, how did you mean that?" The collie directed the last question at Celeste.

Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

valerio wrote:Streaker looked at the German Lycaon with puzzlement. "Why? You ain't a pretty boy? C'mon, don't stall: I wanna meet them pretty ladies!" he actually started bouncing.
"Well, I guess, but... I thought ya meant..." Colin shook his head slowly. Eh. Tourists. What're ya gonna do. Besides, Streaker's enthusiasm was infectious. "Alrigh', c'mon then!" He started back up the trail to the village. "So, where'd ya say yer from?"
valerio

Post by valerio »

"I'm from Newy York. The Big Apple. Heart of the World. The City that Never Sleeps. But the girls are so *snotty*, there. I need to walk the ways of the purest, untainted love in the uncharted territories of Eden!"
Zander

Post by Zander »

valerio wrote:"Good. Now, that was for the easy parts of your job. But there are four places that require special attention, when it comes to human, and that is why the boss asked for dogs with special training, boy. Because if someone falsified your certification, lives could be lost. And we don't want to lose lives of tourists or scientists, right?"
he kept the tone good. "no, SIR!"
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

valerio wrote:"I'm from Newy York. The Big Apple. Heart of the World. The City that Never Sleeps. But the girls are so *snotty*, there. I need to walk the ways of the purest, untainted love in the uncharted territories of Eden!"
"Huh." Colin didn't much care for Streaker's flowery speech, but he had heard about the city from some of the other tourists. "Sounds incredible. I'in't there some buildin' there that's even bigger 'n the cruise ship?"
valerio

Post by valerio »

Coatl_Ruu wrote:"Huh." Colin didn't much care for Streaker's flowery speech, but he had heard about the city from some of the other tourists. "Sounds incredible. I'in't there some buildin' there that's even bigger 'n the cruise ship?"
"Oh, yes! Tourists will just end up knocking their heads on the lampposts for spending so much time trying to see the roofs of our buildings! But it's not the size, that matters, my friend! It's the life! Anywhere, anytime in the Apple, you'll find something fun or useful to do, whether you're a pet or a human. Adventure everyday!"

---
Zander wrote:he kept the tone good. "no, SIR!"
"Excellent. The Ruins of Atlantis, on the other side of the islands, are regularly visited by the archaeologists. it's like a candy shop for them. You must have at least one of your dogs with them. The natives volunteer their services, but a fire weapon can turn useful, although we had never problems that required the use of one, so far.
"The Jules Verne Caves are to be avoided, no matter what. Got me? Nevermind the jibberish about the 'Dwellers-in-darkness' or whatever their name is, who are told to be lurking inside the caves. What really matters is that the territory near the entrance to the caves is infested by the Titan Boa. You know what a Titan Boa is?"
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

The Broken Fox wrote:Roxanne laughed as Gian tried top imitate his father by baring his teeth. The poor cub looked absolutely adorable grimacing like that, something that was probably the complete opposite of what he was going for. She quickly fell in step behind him as they started walking again. "How far are we, Gian?" She asked the wolf mix, then she turned back to the pair of tag-alongs. "So Adel, where are you from? I'm guessing you're here on a vacation as well... Or are you here against your will as Celeste? By the way, how did you mean that?" The collie directed the last question at Celeste.
"Ah... ja, I am from Germany. My parents forced me to come here to help me forget... someone."
Zander

Post by Zander »

valerio wrote:"Excellent. The Ruins of Atlantis, on the other side of the islands, are regularly visited by the archaeologists. it's like a candy shop for them. You must have at least one of your dogs with them. The natives volunteer their services, but a fire weapon can turn useful, although we had never problems that required the use of one, so far.
"The Jules Verne Caves are to be avoided, no matter what. Got me? Nevermind the jibberish about the 'Dwellers-in-darkness' or whatever their name is, who are told to be lurking inside the caves. What really matters is that the territory near the entrance to the caves is infested by the Titan Boa. You know what a Titan Boa is?"
He stays still, recalling from memory of past studies and, interestingly enough, dinosaur studies. "Titan boa, also known as the titanoboa, was a large species of snake which lived, erm.. A very long time ago. Thought to be extinct.."
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Gian continued marching forwards, though slowed down as the bush got thicker. He glanced over his shoulder at Roxanne, and smiled. "Depends on de time o' day. Sun isn't high righ' now... so, should go smooth. Lots o' bugs on this path a' noon, they get in de way, make de path sticky." He looked back ahead, seeming more cautious now. He'd leaned down and picked up a stick and was striking bushes gently on either side of the path as he went. And it was soon found out why.

Striking a larger bush, a medium snake fell out and hurried across the path towards the rest of the group. Gian poked it with the stick, and hooked it upwards, tossing it further into the trees. "An how many o' those we fine'..." He smiled softly, watching a couple spiders and other insects which had fallen out with the snake scurry back into the brush. The village elders taught him how to hit the tree's to find things that might cause a problem.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Zander wrote:He stays still, recalling from memory of past studies and, interestingly enough, dinosaur studies. "Titan boa, also known as the titanoboa, was a large species of snake which lived, erm.. A very long time ago. Thought to be extinct.."
Well, they live among us, instead. They're alive and mean 15 meters, 1 ton of muscles. You'd be a juicy snack for one of them. The zoologists drool over them like cubs over the real Santa, and only the natives know how to jelp them keep a safe distance. Have you ever heard of the 'Thriller Package'?"
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Roxanne took a step back as Gian shook a snake out from a bush. "Please, don't agitate them love! I don't want to be eaten by the local fauna on my first day on the island!" She said, half serious, half laughing. "Wow, it seems both of you were taken here in protest..." She turned back to Celeste and Adel. "Have you thought about just trying to make the best of it, now that you're here? I mean, you are on a nice, island resort after all. Not everyone gets to come to places like this!"

Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

valerio wrote:"Oh, yes! Tourists will just end up knocking their heads on the lampposts for spending so much time trying to see the roofs of our buildings! But it's not the size, that matters, my friend! It's the life! Anywhere, anytime in the Apple, you'll find something fun or useful to do, whether you're a pet or a human. Adventure everyday!"
"Wow. Soun's like a blast." He flashed Streaker a lopsided grin. "I'll hafta come visit sometime."

"Aren't ya s'pposed ta be workin', ya little mutt?" A female Lycaon who was almost six inches taller than Colin stepped out onto the path. Colin rolled his eyes good-naturedly. "Just greetin' some o' the tourists, Kathryn." Colin tilted his head in Streaker's direction. "Ma buddy here says he's int'rested in meetin' a new female. Like what ya see?"

Kathryn looked at Streaker with a raised eyebrow. "E's a bit small, but I s'ppose that ain't everything." To Streaker she said, "Alright, lover-fox. Impress me."
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Adel fought the urge to roll his eyes. "Ja, my parents insist zat I have fun vhile I am here. I vill try." Can not anyvone understand zat I only vant to grieve for a vhile?
valerio

Post by valerio »

Coatl_Ruu wrote:"Wow. Soun's like a blast." He flashed Streaker a lopsided grin. "I'll hafta come visit sometime."

"Aren't ya s'pposed ta be workin', ya little mutt?" A female Lycaon who was almost six inches taller than Colin stepped out onto the path. Colin rolled his eyes good-naturedly. "Just greetin' some o' the tourists, Kathryn." Colin tilted his head in Streaker's direction. "Ma buddy here says he's int'rested in meetin' a new female. Like what ya see?"

Kathryn looked at Streaker with a raised eyebrow. "E's a bit small, but I s'ppose that ain't everything." To Streaker she said, "Alright, lover-fox. Impress me."
Streaker approached the female. He then took her paws in his own. "Kathryn...I won't waste time flattering you, as I know you must be very self-conscious when it comes to femininity. So tell me, will you accept the kiss of a stranger without hesitation, without fears of the unknown? Will you teach me the ways of your affection? One try is all I ask, then you'll be free to reject me and make me suffer for my impudence."
The Game

Post by The Game »

"I know. I'm going to make this trip worth my time." Celeste pounded her fist with a determined look on her face. The expression quickly melted though; one, she felt silly, and two, she suddenly felt the weight of her anklet increase. It would be hard to have a good time when someone you loved more then anyone else in the world...Celeste coughed into her hand. She noticed the snake, for what seemed the first time. "Uhm, Gian, I think you should be staying ahead of us. To uhm," she gulped. "Keep the current residents at bay."
valerio

Post by valerio »

Tha Housedog wrote:Adel fought the urge to roll his eyes. "Ja, my parents insist zat I have fun vhile I am here. I vill try." Can not anyvone understand zat I only vant to grieve for a vhile?
Ulysses, who had stood silently apart while listening, almost whispered in Adel's ears, "i know that gaze, boy. Care to share some of the grief with a ol' hound?"
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Roxanne kept her eyes trained on the forest path, not looking back at her companions as they answered. "That's the spirit! I hope you two will have a good time here on the island! Be sure to relax for me too, since I'll be working around the clock." she laughed. "It seems like I'll have a lot on my paws, especially if the wolves prove hard to communicate with." She looked at Gian leading the way. "Not that you were a particularly though nut to crack, pup!"