HPU: Blue Peak Shore

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: HPU: Blue Peak Shore

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ilya looks outraged as he responds to the nurse in slightly broken English.
"Nyet!* I vill not vatch on robot! Zis is mine wife and she is having mine baby! I vill stay viz her! You vant clean? Zen I vill vear mask and glove but I not going! I stay vis her!" He glares at the nurse, challenging her to defy him.

*No!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Ilya looks outraged as he responds to the nurse in slightly broken English.
"Nyet!* I vill not vatch on robot! Zis is mine wife and she is having mine baby! I vill stay viz her! You vant clean? Zen I vill vear mask and glove but I not going! I stay vis her!" He glares at the nurse, challenging her to defy him.
The nurse stood there, as immobile as the Chinese Great Wall. "You shall *not* pass. This is not one of those primitive facilities on the continent, young man."
Spencers, surprised by Ilya's strength surge, tried again to act as diplomatically as possible. <Please, trust my staff. not even under my direct order could they allow me inside that place. And, really, the sensorial experience will be just...complete, touch and all. I don't have time to give you the full explanation, but you should really give a try. Also because we just won't be allowed in there."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

valerio wrote:At that moment, a bird came hurriedly and landed on the log. "hey, you cat! You the Dreamwalker, right? We have a human giving birth and Spencers asked for a shaman pronto: Can you bring one?"
"Sure, just tell me where to go..." the cat started before realizing something important. "just as soon as I figure out where a shaman is." he was still inexperienced, he didn't know how to dreamwalk right to someone or somewhere he didn't know. he looked around a second and asked the nearby lycaons, "where's the nearest Shaman?"
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

"I do have an intrest myself in starting a family one day, just.....havent found someone yet is all"Anubis said smiling at the idea

"though im unsure of what Kritaros thinks at times, im sure he would want the same now that he is indeed physical again"
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
valerio

Post by valerio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Sure, just tell me where to go..." the cat started before realizing something important. "just as soon as I figure out where a shaman is." he was still inexperienced, he didn't know how to dreamwalk right to someone or somewhere he didn't know. he looked around a second and asked the nearby lycaons, "where's the nearest Shaman?"
The old lycaon who had just given the two animals the task to cut the wood stood up. "I guesse I can do. I have worked for a long time with human motherse, this shoul' be no dif'rent. And ah guess yer not a real experte in dreamwalkin' eh?"
---
Hotep the psychic wrote:"I do have an intrest myself in starting a family one day, just.....havent found someone yet is all"Anubis said smiling at the idea
"though im unsure of what Kritaros thinks at times, im sure he would want the same now that he is indeed physical again"
Donau sighed happily. "What with our curse, my people can't reproduce, and we are getting ourselves more and more lost in our paranoia and hatred. It's a miracle the surface dwellers still retain a glimpse of what we used to be...So, forgive this incurable ol' romantic. Are you planning same sex or not? Same species or something more...exotic? Soon we'll be having a lot of new blood, sure, but I'm sure many one lycaon girl would consider you suitable mates. Heh."
Hotep the psychic

"im looking for a female mate Donau, not same sex even if exotic and interesting.heheheh your curiousity still holds no bounds. though i look for a vixen i still plan on finding a female to have a family with, ive never really considered the lycoans upon that note. though, i have found some exotic animals quite attractive, ermines being one, they have quite a gentleness to them for being the size of dogs and fierce as badgers." Anubis chuckles blushing slightly at Donaus curious self for the more intimate and sexual details about Anubis's love life.
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ilya is the unstoppable force to the nurse's immovable object.
"You shall *not* keep me from mine wife and baby!" he growls. He glances briefly at Spencers as he talks.
"Is not about trust! I have to be zere for her and to hold zee baby!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hotep the psychic wrote:"im looking for a female mate Donau, not same sex even if exotic and interesting.heheheh your curiousity still holds no bounds. though i look for a vixen i still plan on finding a female to have a family with, ive never really considered the lycoans upon that note. though, i have found some exotic animals quite attractive, ermines being one, they have quite a gentleness to them for being the size of dogs and fierce as badgers." Anubis chuckles blushing slightly at Donaus curious self for the more intimate and sexual details about Anubis's love life.
Another of those sighs. Donau patted the fox's shoulder. "The curse of living as long, my friend...and remembering. I literally gave up the chances for love of my own people, but I do not regret one moment of that decision. Just promise me you two will lead a long and fruitful relationship. And that I will be the godfather of your kits, adopted or coinceived be them."
---
Hlaoroo wrote:Ilya is the unstoppable force to the nurse's immovable object.
"You shall *not* keep me from mine wife and baby!" he growls. He glances briefly at Spencers as he talks.
"Is not about trust! I have to be zere for her and to hold zee baby!"
At that point, Spencers' grasp on the russian's shoulder became a vise. And his gaze matched Ilya's in intensity, though Meriweather island's president kept a low tone. "It *is* a question of trust. Nanotechnology at this stage cannot be interfered, period. In case of *any* complication, you won't be able to do more than being a useless presence, while my staff has the training and the means to work through the labor. Also, much as I understand your position, and believe me you're not the first to react like this, you are offending *me* now. Just come and watch, while you stop making yourself and your wife worried over nothing. You'll hold your baby very soon Nurse," he added.
The woman nodded, retreated into the room and the door closed.
Hotep the psychic

Anubis laughed and hugged Donau close "of course Donau, your family too" ANubis said before letting the rabbit go and standing with a small yawn
ImageImageImage
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:The old lycaon who had just given the two animals the task to cut the wood stood up. "I guesse I can do. I have worked for a long time with human motherse, this shoul' be no dif'rent. And ah guess yer not a real experte in dreamwalkin' eh?"
"Yeah, it's only been a couple days," Levi explained, nervously rubbing the back of his neck. "Someone was supposed to train me but... our schedules didn't line up?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Nyet! Is not about trust! And you do not understanding!" Ilya roars, unconsciously switching back into Russian in his anger and effortlessly shrugging off Spencer's hand. He's no stranger to shows of aggression or strength having grown up in a rough area of Moscow, and isn't intimidated by the president in the slightest.
<<"This is my wife and child! My family! You will never understand until you have a wife and child, a family, of your own! Does family mean nothing to you? This isn't about trust! It's not about being useless! It's about being there to hold my wife and help her through the birth and to hold my child the moment he or she is born! It can't be done through some robot! I have to be there with her! The only one not trusting here is you and your nurse! We trusted you enough to have the birth here instead of staying in Rossiya*! Why do you not trust me not to interfere with the technology in there? I have to be with my wife and child!">>

Behind Spencers the two cats step back a little and glance at each other, unaccustomed to this kind of behaviour from their father.

*Rossiya = Russian for "Russia"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hotep the psychic wrote:Anubis laughed and hugged Donau close "of course Donau, your family too" ANubis said before letting the rabbit go and standing with a small yawn
"Well, I won't be keeping you any longer then. Sleep tight, tomorrow's big day."
---
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Yeah, it's only been a couple days," Levi explained, nervously rubbing the back of his neck. "Someone was supposed to train me but... our schedules didn't line up?"
"If ye survived so far, it'll do. I know where da maternity warde is, can ye link with mah minde?"
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Nyet! Is not about trust! And you do not understanding!" Ilya roars, unconsciously switching back into Russian in his anger and effortlessly shrugging off Spencer's hand. He's no stranger to shows of aggression or strength having grown up in a rough area of Moscow, and isn't intimidated by the president in the slightest.
<<"This is my wife and child! My family! You will never understand until you have a wife and child, a family, of your own! Does family mean nothing to you? This isn't about trust! It's not about being useless! It's about being there to hold my wife and help her through the birth and to hold my child the moment he or she is born! It can't be done through some robot! I have to be there with her! The only one not trusting here is you and your nurse! We trusted you enough to have the birth here instead of staying in Rossiya*! Why do you not trust me not to interfere with the technology in there? I have to be with my wife and child!">>
Behind Spencers the two cats step back a little and glance at each other, unaccustomed to this kind of behaviour from their father.
Spencers kept himself calm as he explained, "I *do* have a family, and it is composed by every, single inhabitant of this island. Every single day I have to supervise a many lot of activites that can affect the lives and the future of people I care for, and not as President or Resort Manager. So, yes, family means a lot to me.
"Second, if you will allow me to show you, you will see why you cannot be physically present in that room.
"Third, your wife is surely asking for you, your presence, although via remote, will be far more appreciated than you banging at the walls.
"And finally, please, calm down: you are scaring the cats. They don't deserve to see you this way. Now, can I have your cooperation?"

---
Meanwhile, in the maternity ward, the white-coated staff was buzzing around the mother-to-be. Transparent masks were applied to their faces, giving them a funny look as they spoke.
An Asian young man bent over the woman as she was put onto a bed that immediately adapted to her own shape. he spoke in a fluent Russian. <Good evening, Arina. I am Doctor Maki. I will be making sure everything goes well. The reason you are feeling more pain than usual is that the child is in reverse position. But you are lucky, we can move him in full safety. Do you understand what I am saying? Would you like to speak with your husband?>
Hotep the psychic

Anubis nodded and and slowly made his way out of Donaus room before taking a small walk around the temple. All the master would have been in their rooms by now giving the fox some time alone. The glow of the four pillars seemed even livelier now and the wall stood proud and strong as four gaurds walked along its top while glowing bats full about early.

Anubis smiled at it all as he reached his room, A circular door that opened into a near full house. Kritaros was already asleep on the floor. Anubis could only stifle a laugh before carrying the fennec to his room and sigh as he moved to his own bed. His mind saying silent prayers while his body relaxed and he fell into trance then into a deeper sleep.
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ilya calms down a little, if only for the sake of the cats.
"Nyet." he says again. <<"That's not the same as your own child, your own flesh and blood. And my wife would more appreciate me being in there with her, holding her hand!">>

~~~~~~~~
"Da." Arina replies. <<"I would like my husband in here with me.">> she replies, wincing and crying out as another contraction wracks her body.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Ilya calms down a little, if only for the sake of the cats.
"Nyet." he says again. <<"That's not the same as your own child, your own flesh and blood. And my wife would more appreciate me being in there with her, holding her hand!">>
Spencers nodded. <Good. And since you are too nervous to use the remote droids, I will open a channel with your wife. You will be seeing everything."
~~~~~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote:"Da." Arina replies. <<"I would like my husband in here with me.">> she replies, wincing and crying out as another contraction wracks her body.
The doctor nodded and a moment later, a whole wall became transparent.
"So, doctor Maki," Spencers said, "Is everything all right?"
"Podalic position, Sir. Just like Ms. Horton. We are going to prepare the nanobot bath." To the woman, she said, <Now, Arina, look at that tub. See that fluid that looks like quicksilver? It won't harm you: it will shut down your pain receptors and help your body to relax while we manually reposition the baby. Can you understand me?>
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:"If ye survived so far, it'll do. I know where da maternity warde is, can ye link with mah minde?"
"I don't think I've done it before, but I'm a quick learner," Levi answered. "How does this work?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ilya throws up his hands in exasperation.
<<"I am not nervous! I want to be with my wife! I have a right to be with her!">>

~~~~~~~~
<<"Da. What is "nanobot"? I heard you say it in English... And why can't I have my husband here? And why is the President watching? I don't want him or the cats watching. That's inappropriate.">>
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
valerio wrote:"If ye survived so far, it'll do. I know where da maternity warde is, can ye link with mah minde?"
"I don't think I've done it before, but I'm a quick learner," Levi answered. "How does this work?"
"Like thise," said the elder creature, touching Levi's white spot on his brow. In a moment, Levi could see exactly what was happening inside the maternity ward, in that moment, as if he was there...or not. There was like a shimmering veil in front of his vision. "Ole Spencers won't take it nice if we go interrupte aythin', but at th'righte moment, ye'll stepe in an' I with ya."
---
Hlaoroo wrote:Ilya throws up his hands in exasperation.
<<"I am not nervous! I want to be with my wife! I have a right to be with her!">>
Spencers wanted so hard to roll his eyes, sigh in exasperation and tell the man THEY had insisted on working the birth at the hospital instead of with the lycaons...But it was also true he hadn't had the time to explain them this procedure...
<<You do. But not right now: With a bit more time, we could've had the bots programmed to recognize you as part of the biological presences in the maternity ward. As it is, *everyone* else but the medical staff and the mother and the baby are allowed. Look, the baby is due in a few minutes, I saw this happen already: if you want to be there when it is delivered, put those goggles on. It will be like standing physically there. Touch, smell, everything. Just for the time it takes to finish with the procedure. Please, Ilya. Do you think I'd have *any* intentions to cause harm?>>
---
<<"Da. What is "nanobot"? I heard you say it in English... And why can't I have my husband here? And why is the President watching? I don't want him or the cats watching. That's inappropriate.">>[/quote]
The doctor said, "Screen off," and the wall was opaque again.
<<Now, nanobots are robots. tiny, tiny robots as large as molecules. They will work hard to strenghten your circulatory system in the womb area while we reposition the baby, keep your body chemicals balanced to stabilize your body, and literally suppress all pain receptors for the time being." The anatomical gurney was brought near the bath tub. The 'liquid' waited, smooth like glass. "Unfortunately, these tiny, tiny robots are programmed to recognize only you and us as biological presences. We didn't have the time to program them to recognize your husband as well. That is why he's being kept out>>
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ilya suddenly looks confused.
<<"Wait... This is not the delivery? What is happening then?">> he demands of the president.

~~~~~~~~
Arina nods, understanding.
<<"So how will the baby be repositioned?">> she asks.
<<"Also, what would happen if- Oof!">> She pauses for a moment to wait out another contraction. "If Ilya came in here and he wasn't programmed into them? And can I have something to hold so I don't squeeze my fists so hard please?">> she asks, looking at the little dents in her palms caused by her nails digging in.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Ilya suddenly looks confused.
<<"Wait... This is not the delivery? What is happening then?">> he demands of the president.
Calm, keep calm and patient... <This is the delivery, Ilya. It's just that in that room we follow certain...procedures that, due to an unfortunate lack of time, cannot involve anyone but your wife and the medical staff. Simple as that.>
~~~~~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote:Arina nods, understanding.
<<"So how will the baby be repositioned?">> she asks.
<<"Also, what would happen if- Oof!">> She pauses for a moment to wait out another contraction. "If Ilya came in here and he wasn't programmed into them? And can I have something to hold so I don't squeeze my fists so hard please?">> she asks, looking at the little dents in her palms caused by her nails digging in.
<We'll reposition the baby the old fashioned way, once the nanobots strengthen your body. And if Ilya comes in here during the delivery, the nanobots will react to him as if he were a threat. And *that* would be quite dangerous...to him. Please don't ask me about details, you don't need more stress right now.
<Now wait for a few moments more. Once the nanobot are in action, you won'd be needing to squeeze your fists until it's over.>
The Japanese obstetrician motioned to his staff, and Arina's bed was brought over the silvery bath, then slowly lovered into it.
<You won't feel a temperature difference. Other mothers said it is like being tickled by crispy paper, at first. And heere you go.> Arina's body was immersed until her belly was all covered. Then the bed repositioned itself so that she was in position.
<Now I can use my bare hands because the bots will keep them clean while I can fully feel for your baby.>
---
Spencers handed Ilya the goggles. <Please, use these. Though through another body, you'll be feeling everything and you will be there to hold your wife's hand. Don't miss this moment.>
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

After a few minutes of deliberately slow work and perusing the crowd, Flint's eyes lit up on a certain individual in the crowd. Strong, tall, with a good set of muscles to top it off. Along with a soft face and a friendly smile that reminded him of Reginald? "Perfect!" The canine smirked, his ears pricking up as he watched the strong dog carried a giant sack of what appeared to be fish over to one of the many cooks that were around, and setting it down like it was a feather.

By the time this particular lycaon was finished making casual conversation the snow-furred canine was already on track to intercept the brawny dog.
"Ex...Excuse me sir!" Flint called out over the crowd, making the canine turn its head.
Short on breath. Leaning on his ax. Lightheaded? The picture of a worn out, hardworking dog, Flint paused a moment to 'catch his breath' before speaking.
"If you don't mind me asking, but could you... please lend a hand over by the log pile? I was cutting logs with a friend but... he got too tired... took a break so I tried to.. finish it by myself..."

As Flint continued to plead his case the strong figure shared a glanced with another lycaon who shrugged, both having a glimmer of a smile on their muzzles.
"All righ' thas enough beggin ya poor thing." The canine grinned widely before taking the ax from Flint's hands and walking off toward the logs. "Les' see if we can't make a dent ou' ah des yet!" And lumbered off without another word.

"You're too kind good sir!" Flint hollered back as he picked himself up off the ground, having been leaning on that very ax a moment before. He brushed himself off as he glanced over at the other lycaon, who was shaking their head.
"Nice guy." Flint quipped with a nervous laugh.
"Faye's a hard worker, don' go usin tha' on em too much hmm? Besi'es, not that ah care much but. Shouldn' you town dogs kno bet'er than to address a lay'deh like that?"
"..!-wait what?"
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:"Like thise," said the elder creature, touching Levi's white spot on his brow. In a moment, Levi could see exactly what was happening inside the maternity ward, in that moment, as if he was there...or not. There was like a shimmering veil in front of his vision. "Ole Spencers won't take it nice if we go interrupte aythin', but at th'righte moment, ye'll stepe in an' I with ya."
"well, that's not something you see everyday," Levi commented on the remote viewing. "Or I suppose it might be, but it's not something I see everyday. alright, I'm ready whenever"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ilya glares at Spencers a moment longer and then snatches the goggles, defeated.
<<"Fine. But it's not the same. And I had better be let in there as soon as the baby is born.">>

~~~~~~~~
<<"Huh... It's not like being wet. It's like... When you pull off a woollen jumped and your hair all stands up from the static. It kind of tickles.">> Arina observes before looking a little uneasily at the doctor.
<<"Er... Are you sure? I think I would feel more comfortable if you wore gloves...">>
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Ilya glares at Spencers a moment longer and then snatches the goggles, defeated.
<<"Fine. But it's not the same. And I had better be let in there as soon as the baby is born.">>

~~~~~~~~
<<"Huh... It's not like being wet. It's like... When you pull off a woollen jumped and your hair all stands up from the static. It kind of tickles.">> Arina observes before looking a little uneasily at the doctor.
<<"Er... Are you sure? I think I would feel more comfortable if you wore gloves...">>
The man nodded. He gestured to a nurse, who brought a couple of latex gloves. He put them on. <Good. Now let's proceed. You may relax, from now on you will feel no pain...Oh,> his eyes smiled as a dog anidroid walked into the room. <Looks like your husband decided to join us at last. Welcome, Sir. Please, you may approach the tub. It is perfectly safe for you.> and before Arina asked, he added, <Our researchers discovered that patients tend to react well to the presence of a pet, sometimes even better than to a relative's. That is why we chose this interface. And fear not, every physical feeling is coinveyed to your husband as if he were here.>
---
Spencers nodded to the Russian. <Soon as the bots have done their job and the baby is born, you will be immediately allowed in. I was trying to tell you that as well. Now, just relax, and visualize yourself walking, moving. Your brain will adapt to the system. Do not worry if, by reflex, you move your hands here, it's just a reflex. What the droid sees will be projected to your eyes and brain, so you won't be seeing or hearing me.> While talking, his voice was turning more and more soothing, like a hypnotist's... You will be there, near your wife. In three...two...one...>
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Arina still isn't quite sure of the normal way to rotate a child but braces herself for anything.
<<"Oh. Ilya is controlling this robot?">> Arina looks into the face of the dog.
<<"It's cute but I still think I'd prefer the real Ilya.">> she smiles.
<<"Trust me. I would prefer to be here properly too.">> says the robot. <<"So what's happening, doctor? I heard you say something about a position before. Is everything okay with the baby?">> he asks, taking up his position next to his wife.

~~~~~~~~
In the other room, Sasha produces a pack of cards and invites Spencers and Dinara to play a game to pass the time.
"So, you are having lot of babies born here zen, Mister Spencers?" he queries, curious.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Arina still isn't quite sure of the normal way to rotate a child but braces herself for anything.
<<"Oh. Ilya is controlling this robot?">> Arina looks into the face of the dog.
<<"It's cute but I still think I'd prefer the real Ilya.">> she smiles.
<<"Trust me. I would prefer to be here properly too.">> says the robot. <<"So what's happening, doctor? I heard you say something about a position before. Is everything okay with the baby?">> he asks, taking up his position next to his wife.
The Japanese man nodded, his eyes smiling and his voice reassuring. "Well, the problem is that the baby was positioned feet first, which would be dangerous to the mother, but fear not: just give me another moment and...ah! There he is: Perfect position. You can't feel the pain, madame, but you can surely feel the contraptions, so now it's time to push."
~~~~~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote:In the other room, Sasha produces a pack of cards and invites Spencers and Dinara to play a game to pass the time.
"So, you are having lot of babies born here zen, Mister Spencers?" he queries, curious.
Spencers nodded, accepting the cards handed to him. "Seven babies, so far. Perfect deliveries, one podal like yours. Though I must admit, all of those families were fully informed beforehand, and they were part of the Lunar Circle. That helped a lot to calm down some anxiety issues. Your humans are the first to experiment this method without full information, but I have full trust in my staff. So, what game shall it be?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Vhat is podal, sir? And vhen vill lycaeons getting here?" Dinara queries as Sasha removes the cards two through five from the deck before shuffling the remainder.
"You are knowing Durak, Mister Spencers?" he queries, naming one of the most popular card games in Russia.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Vhat is podal, sir? And vhen vill lycaeons getting here?" Dinara queries as Sasha removes the cards two through five from the deck before shuffling the remainder.
"You are knowing Durak, Mister Spencers?" he queries, naming one of the most popular card games.
Spencers smiled. "Heh. 'Win the game and take me for a fool', as an old friend of mine used to say. Yes, I know it. Let's see if I'm not *too* rusty. And 'podal' means that the baby is positioned feet first. This can lead to damage to the mother and soffucation of the baby...but it is being dealt with, this will be no problem at all."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"... Okay. If you say so. I trust you." Dinara nods, taking the cards that Sasha passes to her and Spencers.
"Do the lycaeons living far from here?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"... Okay. If you say so. I trust you." Dinara nods, taking the cards that Sasha passes to her and Spencers.
"Do the lycaeons living far from here?"
Spencers examined his cards. Of course, he had to start with a bad hand, just his luck... "Salisgrave is the nearest village, just a few minutes' walk from here...Though it's gonna end up a ghost village soon. The lycaons, every island native, is already moving toward Zilnawa. They'll be sending some skeleton crew back to their old homes to keep them neat and standing, just in case. But the city is going to be the new center of the native life
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ghost town. Skeleton crew. Is sounding spooky!" Sasha quips. "Hmm. Are zere real ghosts on zis island, Mr Spencers?" he queries as Dinara plays a card.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

"Aaand here it is," said the ostetrician. "Perfect expulsion, the baby is as healthy as they come." Actually, the baby came out covered with a thin layer or silver mixed with the natural fluids. But that silver fell off quick enough, dragging the rest of the fluids wit it, leaving only a perfectly cleaned skin behind.
The baby started crying.
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Ghost town. Skeleton crew. Is sounding spooky!" Sasha quips. "Hmm. Are zere real ghosts on zis island, Mr Spencers?" he queries as Dinara plays a card.
"Plenty of them, far as I know. This island has also its own deity, it's a true place of magic--" A green blinking light attracted his attention. "Ah. I think it's safe for you to go in, if you want. The baby is born, congratulations
---
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"well, that's not something you see everyday," Levi commented on the remote viewing. "Or I suppose it might be, but it's not something I see everyday. alright, I'm ready whenever"
"Da time hase come," the old lycaon said. This time, when he touched Levi's brow, the scenery changed to a nice hospital room, all ready but with no one inside. "Dat our destination. Just walk in, I'll follow."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Vhat is deity?" Sasha asks before the light flashes.
"Ve can go in?" Dinara asks, jumping to her paws excitedly before pausing. "Er... Maybe ve should vait for zem to come out first to make sure. Vould be more polite."
"Da, I sink so. Is normal for parents to have time togezzer and zen bring baby out to family, I sink. Zat is vhat I have seen in movies anyway." Aleksandr shrugs.

~~~~~~~~
Ilya looks thrilled to pieces and the mother looks exhausted yet happy as she holds her arms out for the baby wrapped in a blanket. Neither parent has seen enough yet to answer an important question though.
<<"Is it a boy or a girl?">> Ilya queries.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Vhat is deity?" Sasha asks before the light flashes.
"Ve can go in?" Dinara asks, jumping to her paws excitedly before pausing. "Er... Maybe ve should vait for zem to come out first to make sure. Vould be more polite."
"Da, I sink so. Is normal for parents to have time togezzer and zen bring baby out to family, I sink. Zat is vhat I have seen in movies anyway." Aleksandr shrugs.
Spencers shrugged. "The room is safe, far as security goes. If you want to join your humans in this happy moment, there are no rules against it. Quite the contrary, in fact."
~~~~~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote:Ilya looks thrilled to pieces and the mother looks exhausted yet happy as she holds her arms out for the baby wrapped in a blanket. Neither parent has seen enough yet to answer an important question though.
<<"Is it a boy or a girl?">> Ilya queries.
<It's a healthy, beautiful boy. If you want to name him already, we'll record your choice right now.>
In the meantime, having served its purpose, the dog droid walked back into the slot it had come from
Last edited by valerio on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

<<"We have already decided on names.">> smiles Arina, tiredly stroking her son's face as Ilya looks on.
<<"Da. His name is Feliks. Feliks Ilyich Melnikov.">> Феликс Ильич Мельников, in Russian. <<"Will he be listed as a Russian citizen, or a citizen of this island or both? It was a bit confusing in the paperwork I read...">> Suddenly, in the other room, Ilya blinks and takes off the helmet as the machine automatically disconnects him and lets him know he's free to enter the room in person. He looks dazed for a moment as he recollects where he is and then he dashes into the room with his wife and new child, kissing the former and gently cradling the latter.
<<"I am a father! I have a son!">> he smiles, feeling his cheeks grow damp.

~~~~~~~~
"Nyet. Ve vill vait until zey are ready to introduce us." Dinara decides for both of them as Ilya removes his helmet and runs from the room.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"well, that's not something you see everyday," Levi commented on the remote viewing. "Or I suppose it might be, but it's not something I see everyday. alright, I'm ready whenever"
"Da time hase come," the old lycaon said. This time, when he touched Levi's brow, the scenery changed to a nice hospital room, all ready but with no one inside. "Dat our destination. Just walk in, I'll follow."
and Levi immediately stepped into the room, no hesitation. no telling what would happen if he doubted he'd actually go where he meant to.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

A few minutes later Flint was back at the log pile, watching in quiet lycaon made quick work of the wood, striking down each block with the ax like it was a hot knife through butter.
"Wow, you really have an arm." The commented, holding a small stack of chopped wood as Faye finished up the rest. The larger canine smiled as she gather what would she could.
"Exercise, helping out around the village. Things dat were hard are not as difficult now. I help the village and it helps me back in a way." She turned around nodding in a direction away from the tents, away from the food... "We'll drop dis off at dah new location."
"Right, but y'know I think I should really stay around-"
"We finish the job!"
"Yes ma'am."
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:<<"We have already decided on names.">> smiles Arina, tiredly stroking her son's face as Ilya looks on.
<<"Da. His name is Feliks. Feliks Ilyich Melnokov.">> Феликс Ильич Мельников, in Russian. <<"Will he be listed as a Russian citizen, or a citizen of this island or both? It was a bit confusing in the paperwork I read...">> Suddenly, in the other room, Ilya blinks and takes off the helmet as the machine automatically disconnects him and lets him know he's free to enter the room in person. He looks dazed for a moment as he recollects where he is and then he dashes into the room with his wife and new child, kissing the former and gently cradling the latter.
<<"I am a father! I have a son!">> he smiles, feeling his cheeks grow damp.

~~~~~~~~
"Nyet. Ve vill vait until zey are ready to introduce us." Dinara decides for both of them as Ilya removes his helmet and runs from the room.
Spencers gave the cards back to the cat. "Guess we're going all to be pretty busy for a while...not to mention that it's time for a good night's sleep. Much as they're joyous, these events also are quite tiresome, especially for the mother. Her room is fixed so that all of you can sleep with her, if you so wish."

Inside the nursery, the staff started taking care of the mother, helping her out of the tub, placing her on a wheelchair. "Everything went perfect," said the ostetric. "All stats show the baby is healthy as it comes. We'll run a batch of tests tomorrow when you all are properly rested. Thank you for your patience, I know it was a...stressful experience." The Japanese doctor bowed in apology.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

<<"What sort of tests? Is everything okay?">> Arina asks tiredly. Meanwhile, Ilya has slipped out of the room, baby in arms, and he enters the observation room just as Spencers finishes speaking.
"Sasha, Dinara, Mister Spencers, sir. I vould like introduce you mine son. Feliks Ilyich Melnikov." he smiles, squatting so the cats can see the small face peeking out of the bundle of blankets, sleeping peacefully and sucking his thumb. Immediately Dinara begins cooing over the baby, babbling at how adorable he is.
"How is Mamma?" Sasha asks.
"She is tired but she is fine." Ilya replies. "Everysing vent fine."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:<<"What sort of tests? Is everything okay?">> Arina asks tiredly. Meanwhile, Ilya has slipped out of the room, baby in arms, and he enters the observation room just as Spencers finishes speaking.
"Sasha, Dinara, Mister Spencers, sir. I vould like introduce you mine son. Feliks Ilyich Melnikov." he smiles, squatting so the cats can see the small face peeking out of the bundle of blankets, sleeping peacefully and sucking his thumb. Immediately Dinara begins cooing over the baby, babbling at how adorable he is.
"How is Mamma?" Sasha asks.
"She is tired but she is fine." Ilya replies. "Everysing vent fine."
"Just all tests required to check out that the baby is perfectly fine, from DNA to blood...Nothing invasive, I can assure you. Just standard procedure," the doctor said. "Consider it a certificate of health. All data will be saved to the benefit of healthcares worldwide. This way you can be sure to avoid time-consuming analysis in other moments. We'll also check for any allergies as soon as possible, so that there are no adverse reaction to vaccinations. And we'll also immunize him against tooth decay, so that his teeth will be healthy and strong."
---
Is there anything you need to relieve some of the earlier stress?" Spencers asked Ilya. "Though I guess you have your own medicine handy already, eh?"