HPU: Blue Peak Shore

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

valerio

HPU: Blue Peak Shore

Post by valerio »

DAY 1

The cruise ship’s name, SEA DRAGON, was emblazoned in blue over the white bow. The mythical creature’s serpentine body was entwined around the letters, its head proudly pointing ahead with the ship itself.
Two large column of pure white smoke came from the twin chimneys, which towered over a small floating city.
The Sea Dragon, a nuclear Royal Caribbean-class ship, 360mts x 72mts, 230,000 tons, was supposed to carry comfortably its 5,000 passengers making them feel at home, and even better than that.
But only a handful of them was supposed to leave the majestic ship, while this was approaching a large island set in the middle of nowhere, under a blue sky…

Captain Oswald E. Smith, age 50, not a single gray hair in the black that showed under his beret, watched with a smile at the growing shape of the island. His left hand went to head of the black Labrador female who had accompanied him throughout his career with the Sea Dragon, and caressed it behind her ears, drawing a moan of pleasure from her.
Everything was perfect. He was a happy man.
“Bring her to land, Mister Stern,” he said to the second officer, who was standing next to him.
William Stern started giving out instructions. Captain Smith activated the mike at his head. “Attention, ladies and gentlemen. This is Captain Oswald Edward Smith talking: We are thirty minutes from entering Meriweather Island. All passengers that have booked a vacation in Blue Peak Shore get ready to disembark. The other passengers are kindly asked to stay onboard for the duration of the operations. Thank you.” He turned off the mike, then said to the dog, “Marina, will you be so kind such as give out a call to our friends on the island?”
Marina wore a customized officer jacket, a beret, and a blue collar with the Sea Dragon’s logo as tag. At the Captain’s words, she proudly saluted. “Aye aye Sir!” Then, from a pocket in the jacket, she drew a golden whistle. She put it to her lips, drew a breath and blew!

The horn’s sound made smile the man sitting in a jeep at the beginning of Pier A. “Marina, I’d recognize your enthusiastic touch anywhere,” he said to himself, before turning to the sturdy human at the wheel. “Mister Grimm, once the ship has docked, we’ll wait here for our new head of the security staff. I’ve been told that the dog, in particular, is born with the DNA of a leader, so please make sure he learns our rules, especially when it comes to the relationship with the natives.”
David ‘Davy’ Grimm looked like he had been carved in oak. His face was steadier than a Vulcanian’s. His mouth let out only an atonic “Yessir.”
Richard Spencers, age 60, owner of Meriweather Island, CEO of Dragon Cruising and manager of the resort known as Blue Peak Shore, patted cheerfully the man’s back, again to no avail. “No pressure, eh?”

“TOOOOOURRRIIIISSSTS!!!”
The call was followed by a long, excited howl, to which another, in another point of the large island followed…and so on, until it looked like the biggest wolf pack in the world had gathered at Meriweather Island.
The canine creature that answered to the name of Victor Wendell o’Salisgrave ran to the beach, barking excitedly. “Lukat! C’mon!! We gat our firste tourists o’ de year! Look!!”
The female, white-furred rabbit could have easily outrun the excited, spearbearing canine, but she was still so nervous for being in the open, so close to him…
Once she had reached William, the female, shielding her eyes with a hand, looked at the incoming ship. It was a sight! Humans and their technological wonders never ceased to amaze her. “Heh, I’ll bet that Marina blew the horn again…Victor!” She shouted the moment he gave her a peck on her check.
But if she was blushing furiously and looking at him with a scolding look, he was happily wagging, as if he was a young pup. “Wut?”
Lukat-la a’Myadron cleared her throat. “We are supposed to be part of the welcome committee, as representatives of the two major species of this island. Try act like a diplomat, not like your usual self.”
The canine looked like a strange mix of a robust German Shepherd and an African Wild Dog, of which he had taken the rounded ears and the fur pattern. He leant his elbow on the femal’s shoulder and flashed her a mischievous grin. “Mah ‘usual self’ is exactly wut drew your ‘beautiful self’ t’me, lady of mah dreams. We still gat half an houre, before de tourists arrive. Wanna spend it in a more…constructive way?”
In return, she slapped him on his cheek! “Owchie!”
Lukat turned and walked in the direction of the Piers. “We’ll use that time to go meet our guests. And try to check your language, as well. First impression and all, remember?”
Victor followed her, still rubbing his burning check. Female or not, she was far from weak, unlike her peers… And that was another thing he so loved of her. “Check language, got it,” he said, forcing himself into a decent English.
Last edited by valerio on Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
lightwolf21

Re: Pet Friendly - Blue Peak Shore

Post by lightwolf21 »

Reese was sitting at the desk in the comfortable sized bedroom aboard the Sea Dragon, his paws gripping his head. He hadn't wanted to leave home. He wasn't sure what would happen if he spent another two weeks away from it. Having spent one week on the ship already, and another week at Blue Peak Shore and a whole other week on the return cruise. He was driven near his breaking point. He just hoped he could convince his parents that he was relaxed enough after a week at the resort before they upgraded it to a month. He was certain he couldn't handle that.

His dad entered the room to double check their luggage for departure. "Ready to go, sport?" Mr. Twisp said to Reese as he placed his hand on the cat's shoulder.

Reese just shrugged his dad's hand off and sighed before getting off of the chair. He followed his dad out of the room and frowned as he shut the door behind them and jiggled the handle three times.
Heh. Look at that... I started an actual Housepets! fan-fic.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 70#p131370
Also:
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

The large cruise ship was teeming with life, men and women, kids and pets of all ages were busy enjoying their trip on the ocean. One collie in particular, was standing on the deck of the Sea Dragon, leaning on the railing and quietly observing the sea. She watched as the waves parted in front of the large ship, the gigantic metal structure cutting a path among them, defiant to the never-ending attacks of the ocean.

She raised her eyes from the water and she suddenly spotted a speck of green among the endless blue in the distance. Meriweather Island! The collie wagged her tail happily, as tourist began to gather on the deck and started murmuring and snapping pictures. For most of them, this meant a few hours of excitement, as the ship made a stop before sailing away. For a handful of them, this meant that their real vacation would be starting soon. For her however, it meant that the vacation of the trip was over, and 8 months of work was about to begin. She couldn't be happier.

Roxanne Cooper, rough collie born in England; resident of the Powell Estate, South London; beloved pet and assistant of Dr Matthew Cooper, zoologist; member of the WWF research group for the next 8 months. She listened intently to the captain speak on the intercom, and by the time the horn blew she was already running through the corridors of the ship, ducking between the crowd trying to make it to the observation deck. She finally arrived at their door and burst into the cabin tail wagging furiously. Dr Cooper was a man in his fifties, but time and genes were less forgiving on his features. His hair was showing some grays, and he wore thick glasses. He was dressed in a simple shirt and gray slacks. "Now love, what's got you so exited?" he asked, as he saw Roxanne enter the room with a big smile and blur of a tail. "We're here, dad! Look!" She pointed outside the cabin window, where Meriweather Island was now visible, and a lot closer. Matthew chuckled. "I heard the captain speak too, you know. Blimey, I haven't seen you this exited since your first Christmas!" He stroked Roxanne's head gently. "Let's get ready to go then, shall we?"
"I watch ponies now! Ponies are cool!"

Darien Shephard - SP - S-4 P-9 E-3 C-8 I-10 A-2 L-6
Dusk Roscoe - YF - S-4 P-7 E-7 C-5 I-5 A-8 L-6
Roxanne Cooper - BPS - S-4 P-6 E-4 C-7 I-8 A-7 L-6
valerio

Post by valerio »

During the dark days of the WWII's Atlantic War, the ships to and from United States, the ships that carried the precious cargo for the United Kingdom while the Crown resisted, alone, against the might of the Third Reich, came to Meriweather Island to refuel and mainteinance.
What is now called Pier A, the largest of the three piers of Blue Peak Shore, used to be a veritable dockyard, covered, protected against torpedoes and bombs.
The ship entered smoothly the vast artificial cave, illuminated by an efficient network of mirrors. Everyone and everything was ready to accomodate the Sea Dragon and her passengers. Flashing yellow lights on the vehicles' rooftops blipped everywhere, minuscule from the deck of the massive Dragon.
The horn blew one last time before the maneuver was completed and the anchors were dropped with loud splashes.

On the deck, the elevators that ran along the flank were turned on, ready to disembark the passengers. On the other side, bridges were extended from the lower levels so to allow the operation of loading and unloading of baggages, mail and other items useful to the personnel of the island.
Zander

Post by Zander »

The repetitive loud thumps of the pair of massive pitch black steel blades pounded at Achilles chest as the dark helicopter descended. It's graceful movements provided a comfortable ride, and considering the interior was designed for dropping military paratroopers, was rather spacious in accommodating it's small cargo. 3 grown men were sitting on the left side of the vehicle, chatting away like little children gossiping about the new kid in school. A small grumbled escaped the large canine, which sat on the opposing side to the men. The black plastic seats were made to provide cushioning for the occasional bumps which came along with the ride, which it did to a point.
All light which emanated inside the small enclosed space was artificial, considering no windows or other vantage points were visible inside the chopper. The only thing they could rely on is the not-so-soothing voice of their captain as it radiated over the Intercom. And that it did.
"arrival time estimated at ten minutes, get together your supplies and pack up your barbies, kids. Were landing."
This announcement sparked joyous sounds from the three men, but caused no reaction from the canine that were really noticeable. Considering all they training he's been through, and all the nut jobs that call themselves k9 units, you'd think that the Island would have at least one sane dog in the force.
The helicopter jarred a little as the pads on the bottom landed with a clang which rattled the inside and caused some of the lights to shake. In a split second the lights turned off, causing it to be pitch black in the already dark room. A loud rumble of mechanics working and gears turning filled the room with dull vibrations. A large whir started and the whole back floor behind the passengers seats began to simply drop like a trapdoor. The German shepherd was already standing up straight, hands clasped behind his back, and chest out forward in a noble stance. The other men were struggling to get their stuff together in the darkness.
The light rays started at the canines feet, then, as the door opened wider and wider, they traveled up the muscled body and eventually ended as the door caused the whole helicopter to jar again as it impacted the ground. All the canine could see was white down below the ramp, but he kept his stance.
He took a step onto the ramp, then another, the soft layering of his feet was the only sound he could hear, but, as he descended down, the other sounds became louder, and the brightness seemed to fade away. And as he took his first step off the metal ramp and onto the blank white concrete that was the helipad, it took his eyes a second to adjust.
A row of officers, all standing at attention faded into view on his left, when on his right were a row of dogs, ranging all the way from other German shepherds to chihuahuas.
As Achilles walked down the row of dogs, each one saluting in a rather professional manner. Surprising. He walked back to the scented, and saluted them, bringing his paw down from his face, the others mimicked in unison.
"Alright ya babies, let's get this show on the road.. Back to your stations."
All the dogs shouted, again in unison. "sir, yes sir." and then they were all off just like that, walking to the entrance of the trail which led back to the main village. The human others stayed behind, receiving a stern lecture from the one in charge.
They began to walk in and orderly line, 2 by 2 as they entered the trail. Because the helicopter pad was So far away from the village, considering they don't want to wake any tourists up in the middle of the night with the rhythmic thumping of helicopter blades, the hike back was about a mile, enough for the new commander to see how the 'troops' behave under wild conditions. They walked through the woods slowly and uneasy, I mean, if they walked to the helipad without trouble, then obviously there shouldn't be any trouble getting back,
right?
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
valerio

Post by valerio »

Sir," Grimm said, holding his earpiece I've been just informed that Achilles Ryker has landed at the elipad."
Richard raised an eyebrow. "Oh. So he doesn't like mingling with common mortals...or perhaps he wanted to make sure that the weapons cargo was safe." The man got out of the military jeep. "Go greet our fearless leader, then. I'll take care of my good guests!"
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

By the time the cruise ship entered the dock Roxanne and Matthew were walking towards the exits. They were carrying a backpack and a briefcase respectively, they were told by the ship's crew that the rest of their baggage would be delivered to their quarters by the staff. They both had their WWF ID tags out and visible to identify them as the members of the scientific team, Matthew had it clipped to his shirt pocket, while Roxanne had hers on her collar.
As they passed by a large window, the collie looked out and down at the dock in awe. "Look at all the people and the lorries dad, they're so small down there!" As they got closer to the elevators, more and more tourists and other team members were heading in the same direction. Dr Cooper frowned. "Of course there has to be a queue at the lifts!" he muttered. "I wonder if there'll be a welcoming committee, or some kind of orientation..." Roxanne mused quietly, as they were waiting for the elevator to return.

valerio

Post by valerio »

When the elevator came down, Victor and Lukat noticed the two passengers wearing the WWF tag.
"There. And remember what I told you about language...lover," the rabbit whispered with a threatening tone.
The couple made their way through the crowd of tourists. They both drew the humans' attention, and a lot of picture-snapping -first of all, no one had still seen a canine of that breed, outside of documentaries and book illustrations. Second, no one had seen such a tall rabbit! She walked like royalty among the commoners, and her red body paint made a very unusual show...
The rabbit stopped in front of the human and his dog. "Matthew and Roxanne Cooper?" She bowed in a gracious manner, paw held to her belly. "I am Lukat-La a'Myadron. I am in charge of greeting you on behalf of the rabbit poupulation of Ayzonor, that your kind calls Meriweather Island."
The canine, instead, held out his paw as if seeing an old friend! "Charm! I'm Victor Wendell o'Salisgrave. The German Lycaons greet ya and yar cute daughtah! Welcome t'Paradise! Where are yar workmates?"
Lukat mentally facepwalmed. She knew *exactly* how she would punish him, later....
The Game

Post by The Game »

Celeste didn't look happy. At all. From the small window in their room, she glared down at the water, wishing she'd never been forced on the ship. She sighed heavily though, obeying the captain's orders and putting her things together. Next to her, Rebecca Hughes (her mother) helped her pull their suitcases together. "Don't look so put out, darling," she said to the cat, pausing to rub her ears affectionately. Celeste stiffened at the touch, but didn't recoil. "I'm not put out, Mum, I just...don't want to be here," Celeste replied. Before her mother could give an answer, her father, Joel Hughes, swung her up into his arms. "Come now you two. Let's each grab a suitcase and get down; we're at the dock." Squirming out of his grasp, Celeste nodded and grabbed her small suitcase.
The three left the room, balancing their items as best as they could.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Zander wrote:The repetitive loud thumps of the pair of massive pitch black steel blades pounded at Achilles chest as the dark helicopter descended. It's graceful movements provided a comfortable ride, and considering the interior was designed for dropping military paratroopers, was rather spacious in accommodating it's small cargo. 3 grown men were sitting on the left side of the vehicle, chatting away like little children gossiping about the new kid in school. A small grumbled escaped the large canine, which sat on the opposing side to the men. The black plastic seats were made to provide cushioning for the occasional bumps which came along with the ride, which it did to a point.
All light which emanated inside the small enclosed space was artificial, considering no windows or other vantage points were visible inside the chopper. The only thing they could rely on is the not-so-soothing voice of their captain as it radiated over the Intercom. And that it did.
"arrival time estimated at ten minutes, get together your supplies and pack up your barbies, kids. Were landing."
This announcement sparked joyous sounds from the three men, but caused no reaction from the canine that were really noticeable. Considering all they training he's been through, and all the nut jobs that call themselves k9 units, you'd think that the Island would have at least one sane dog in the force.
The helicopter jarred a little as the pads on the bottom landed with a clang which rattled the inside and caused some of the lights to shake. In a split second the lights turned off, causing it to be pitch black in the already dark room. A loud rumble of mechanics working and gears turning filled the room with dull vibrations. A large whir started and the whole back floor behind the passengers seats began to simply drop like a trapdoor. The German shepherd was already standing up straight, hands clasped behind his back, and chest out forward in a noble stance. The other men were struggling to get their stuff together in the darkness.
The light rays started at the canines feet, then, as the door opened wider and wider, they traveled up the muscled body and eventually ended as the door caused the whole helicopter to jar again as it impacted the ground. All the canine could see was white down below the ramp, but he kept his stance.
He took a step onto the ramp, then another, the soft layering of his feet was the only sound he could hear, but, as he descended down, the other sounds became louder, and the brightness seemed to fade away. And as he took his first step off the metal ramp and onto the blank white concrete that was the helipad, it took his eyes a second to adjust.
A row of officers, all standing at attention faded into view on his left, when on his right were a row of dogs, ranging all the way from other German shepherds to chihuahuas.
As Achilles walked down the row of dogs, each one saluting in a rather professional manner. Surprising. He walked back to the scented, and saluted them, bringing his paw down from his face, the others mimicked in unison.
"Alright ya babies, let's get this show on the road.. Back to your stations."
All the dogs shouted, again in unison. "sir, yes sir." and then they were all off just like that, walking to the entrance of the trail which led back to the main village. The human others stayed behind, receiving a stern lecture from the one in charge.
They began to walk in and orderly line, 2 by 2 as they entered the trail. Because the helicopter pad was So far away from the village, considering they don't want to wake any tourists up in the middle of the night with the rhythmic thumping of helicopter blades, the hike back was about a mile, enough for the new commander to see how the 'troops' behave under wild conditions. They walked through the woods slowly and uneasy, I mean, if they walked to the helipad without trouble, then obviously there shouldn't be any trouble getting back,
right?
The sound of the car announced the coming of a jeep: A veritable, olive-green US Willys MB! It even displayed the white circle-and-star of the US Army!
The man at the wheel stopped the car in front of the line of security dogs. For how much Achilles was a powerful creature, perhaps the only one who could seriously look in the eye one of the canine natives, he was put to a shame by the human giant. The security suit looked painted on his body.
When he spoke, his voice sounded as if coming from a piece of rock...if rocks could talk. "Achilles Ryker?" He asked to the German Shepherd while walking to him. "My name is David Grimm. I'm head of security, here. Mr. Spencers was expecting you at the Pier." He didn't add else. He didn't sound threatening or furious or upset, and the Ray-Ban hid perfectly his eyes.
But he had a way to make it clear that the wrong answer would've caused troubles...
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

valerio wrote:When the elevator came down, Victor and Lukat noticed the two passengers wearing the WWF tag.
"There. And remember what I told you about language...lover," the rabbit whispered with a threatening tone.
The couple made their way through the crowd of tourists. They both drew the humans' attention, and a lot of picture-snapping -first of all, no one had still seen a canine of that breed, outside of documentaries and book illustrations. Second, no one had seen such a tall rabbit! She walked like royalty among the commoners, and her red body paint made a very unusual show...
The rabbit stopped in front of the human and his dog. "Matthew and Roxanne Cooper?" She bowed in a gracious manner, paw held to her belly. "I am Lukat-La a'Myadron. I am in charge of greeting you on behalf of the rabbit poupulation of Ayzonor, that your kind calls Meriweather Island."
The canine, instead, held out his paw as if seeing an old friend! "Charm! I'm Victor Wendell o'Salisgrave. The German Lycaons greet ya and yar cute daughtah! Welcome t'Paradise! Where are yar workmates?"
Lukat mentally facepwalmed. She knew *exactly* how she would punish him, later....
Matthew smiled at the pair of natives. "Pleased to meet you, Lukat-La and Victor! I must admit I wasn't expecting a personal greeting, but it's a pleasant surprize. I'm Dr Cooper, but I guess you knew that already. I believe my collegues are getting off the ship as we speak. We'll meet them soon, I hope." He shook Victor's paw. "But for now, this is my daughter *and* assistant, Roxanne." He said as he put a hand on Roxanne's shoulder.
But the collie was just standing there, wide eyed, her mouth open a little. A walking, talking German Lycaon was standing in front of her! The descendant of a long extinct species! She looked him up and down slowly, trying to take in all the details of his fur pattern and physique, as if this was her only chance, and a moment later the creature would turn and run, never to be seen again.

valerio

Post by valerio »

Victor bent down and reached out to pet her head. "Now, pretty creature *and* assistant of Doc Cooper, Ah don' bite. In facte, I'm very honored t'meet ya! An' if you want, I'll bring ya t'meet mah family at Salisgrave. Mah village, y'know. There's a lot of us like me self." And then he gave her a squeeze, a honest-to-god hug! As if it was the most normal thing in the world!
Lukat cleared her throat. "The honor is all ours, Doctor, Roxanne. Although my people is not very friendly toward strangers, unlike the Lycaons, I am here to promise you that no one will interfere with your work. When you'll all be settled, we will show you the island's most dangerous areas and instruct you regarding our customs."
Zander

Post by Zander »

The large German shepherd looked ever so slightly up at the officer, saluting. "Yes sir" He said formally, standing up straight.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
valerio

Post by valerio »

Zander wrote:The large German shepherd looked ever so slightly up at the officer, saluting. "Yes sir" He said formally, standing up straight.
Still keeping up the stone mask, Grimm asked, "Did you want to make sure that the weapons cargo was safe? Get to know your underlings?"
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

valerio wrote:Victor bent down and reached out to pet her head. "Now, pretty creature *and* assistant of Doc Cooper, Ah don' bite. In facte, I'm very honored t'meet ya! An' if you want, I'll bring ya t'meet mah family at Salisgrave. Mah village, y'know. There's a lot of us like me self." And then he gave her a squeeze, a honest-to-god hug! As if it was the most normal thing in the world!
Lukat cleared her throat. "The honor is all ours, Doctor, Roxanne. Although my people is not very friendly toward strangers, unlike the Lycaons, I am here to promise you that no one will interfere with your work. When you'll all be settled, we will show you the island's most dangerous areas and instruct you regarding our customs."
The lycaon's hug brought Roxanne out of her little trance. So it's true what they say about the natives, they are very friendly! "Oh, I'm so sorry, where are my manners... I'm happy to meet you too!" she said quickly after she was put down by Victor. "I've seen pictures in the files about your kind, but I've never seen a lycaon in real life!"
"Thank you!" Matthew told Lukat. "We appreciate any help you can offer. And I'm sure Roxanne would like to meet your people Victor. After all, that's what we're here for!" he chuckled. "But all in due time! We'll start working in earnest tomorrow, for today I was hoping we could just settle in at the research base, our home for the next eight months. And I was hoping to meet Mr Spencers as well, if I have a chance. Since he's our host, I thought it would be proper to introduce myself."

valerio

Post by valerio »

"Did someone speak of the Devil? You got a deal, Doc!" The man had a very cheerful and happy, booming voice -just as it would be expected from a middle-aged man weighing about 260 lbs!
Richard Spencers was wearing a business suit, a *white* business suit, which included an old-fashioned hat and white, shiny shoes. His hair were a mane of silver grey, his eyes two pale blue pearls. "I see you met our finest ambassadors, here, and learnt something of their friendly culture." He extended a hand to Cooper, then to Roxanne. "Welcome on Meriweather, I'll personally lead you to your quarters. What with all the eggheads doing their scientific thingumajics, here, you'd end up working for the USGS, or the Archaeos, instead. So, follow me and don't give me that bullocks about being tired. My cruise guests can get tired only if shot down. Oh, and by the way, first things first and that stuff..." Richard squeezed gently Roxanne's shoulder, "Here on Meriweather it's equal rights, literally. No leashes, no restricted areas, possibility to file complains, restroom... Every square inch of this resort is dedicated to them just like to humans. If you want, think you have a kid with you instead of this cute fuzzy ball."
Zander

Post by Zander »

The canine put his hand down nodding. "Sir, the supplies are located at the helipad, and should be transported by the officers. Sir."

-Robert Louis Stevenson
valerio

Post by valerio »

Grimm nodded. "Very good, officer Ryker," he said, despite not looking pleased...but, again, he seemed immune to ANY feeling at all. "They trained you well, and you show initiative. Mr. Spencers hoped this was the answer." He turned and went back to the jeep. "When you're settled in your quarters, come to Mr. Spencers office, he wants to meet you." He didn't ask the dog if he knew where said office was located, or if he knew where the quarters were. He confided that Achilles had studied the map before coming here. He must show the other members of security that the boss trusted and respected their superior officer.
Grimm sat in the jeep, turned on the engine and went away.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

As the Sea Dragon arrived in the port, time found itself almost at a halt for one dog. Inside his cabin with his family, Adel was sitting on the side of his bed, his footpaws dangling off, sighing. He didn't want to be on this boat. He hated that his parents had decided for him that he was going to live somewhere else, giving him no say. Adel was always an early riser, so he had been awake for a few hours before everyone else had woken.

At the calls and warnings, his parents sat up in their bed. "Adelheid, why not get some fresh air und talk to some of ze other passengers, maybe even explore ze island? Your mozher und I vill take care of ze luggage." his dad requested, hoping that seeing some new faces might help Adel.

Adel huffed. "Javol, dad," he said as he got off of his bed and left the room, off to start exploring. He started to make his way off of the boat.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Achilles nodded. "yes sir"

-Robert Louis Stevenson
valerio

Post by valerio »

After the jeep had left, a figure...no, two figures...
three...
four...
The area surrounding the security forces became alive with rabbits! Grey- and black-furred figures, weaing body paints, at least a dozen of them.
And they had the K9 unit surrounded.
"Well, well, well..." Said one of them, a male more robust than the others, as he approached Achilles. "Looks like the mutts have a new head... At least, they chose someone who doesn't look like some pitiful pup. Welcome to 'paradise', head mutt."
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

valerio wrote:"Did someone speak of the Devil? You got a deal, Doc!" The man had a very cheerful and happy, booming voice -just as it would be expected from a middle-aged man weighing about 260 lbs!
Richard Spencers was wearing a business suit, a *white* business suit, which included an old-fashioned hat and white, shiny shoes. His hair were a mane of silver grey, his eyes two pale blue pearls. "I see you met our finest ambassadors, here, and learnt something of their friendly culture." He extended a hand to Cooper, then to Roxanne. "Welcome on Meriweather, I'll personally lead you to your quarters. What with all the eggheads doing their scientific thingumajics, here, you'd end up working for the USGS, or the Archaeos, instead. So, follow me and don't give me that bullocks about being tired. My cruise guests can get tired only if shot down. Oh, and by the way, first things first and that stuff..." Richard squeezed gently Roxanne's shoulder, "Here on Meriweather it's equal rights, literally. No leashes, no restricted areas, possibility to file complains, restroom... Every square inch of this resort is dedicated to them just like to humans. If you want, think you have a kid with you instead of this cute fuzzy ball."
The Coopers shook Richard's hand in turn. "Mr Spencer, you do realize that even though my subjects are living beings I'm a scientist as well, and I am perfectly capable of that 'magic mumbo-jumbo' myself?" Matthew laughed. "And don't worry, Roxy is like a child to me." He stroked the collie's head with a smile. "I'm not planning on dragging her around on a lead while we're here! She's free to roam on her own, if for example, she would like to explore the place with Lukat and Victor while I go with you to our quarters..."
Roxanne started wagging. "That would be great Dad!" She looked at the lycaon and rabbit with puppy dog eyes. "Would you show me around?" She was so happy, every moment she could spend with these creatures and learn about them, would be greatly treasured!

Zander

Post by Zander »

valerio wrote:After the jeep had left, a figure...no, two figures...
three...
four...
The area surrounding the security forces became alive with rabbits! Grey- and black-furred figures, weaing body paints, at least a dozen of them.
And they had the K9 unit surrounded.
"Well, well, well..." Said one of them, a male more robust than the others, as he approached Achilles. "Looks like the mutts have a new head... At least, they chose someone who doesn't look like some pitiful pup. Welcome to 'paradise', head mutt."

Achilles almost laughed at the rabbit, the troops behind him looking around frantically and talking among themselves. "I'd have to say that this is the worst welcome committee I've ever seen. Just pitiful." he said in almost a mocking tone.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
valerio

Post by valerio »

The Broken Fox wrote:The Coopers shook Richard's hand in turn. "Mr Spencer, you do realize that even though my subjects are living beings I'm a scientist as well, and I am perfectly capable of that 'magic mumbo-jumbo' myself?" Matthew laughed. "And don't worry, Roxy is like a child to me." He stroked the collie's head with a smile. "I'm not planning on dragging her around on a lead while we're here! She's free to roam on her own, if for example, she would like to explore the place with Lukat and Victor while I go with you to our quarters..."
Roxanne started wagging. "That would be great Dad!" She looked at the lycaon and rabbit with puppy dog eyes. "Would you show me around?" She was so happy, every moment she could spend with these creatures and learn about them, would be greatly treasured!
Richard nodded to the man. "Excellent! Since your colleagues are reunited, I see..." he moved his gaze to the group of men and women wearing the WWF tags "Well, just let me escort you to your bus. You'll have time to do your exercises, believe me. The resort occupies only a minimum fraction of this island, everywhere else is just made for exploration, hiking and stuff. Ambassadors, I trust you with the safety of this special guest." He bowed gallantly toward Lukat and Victor.
The Lycaon nodded. "No harm will be done to her, Sir," he said in a flawless English. Then he turned to Roxanne. "I'll gladly bring ya to mah village! Since ya know us only through pictures, it's time ya see de real thing! But we'll be walkin' and ya must be strong to reach there! Think ya ken do it? Ya look so skinny... We'll have to feed ya, so our boys can courte ya." He winked at the collie.
Lukat sighed, both resigned and amused. "I'm going back to my village. The Chieftain will be glad to be of help with your studies, professor," she said to the man, "provided you give us a reasonable forewarning. We don't like random visits. Sorry, old habits of a prey species."

---
Achilles almost laughed at the rabbit, the troops behind him looking around frantically and talking among themselves. "I'd have to say that this is the worst welcome committee I've ever seen. Just pitiful." he said in almost a mocking tone.
The rabbit didn't say nothing. Instead, his foot seemed to fly against the Sheperd's stomach in a lightning motion!
Zander

Post by Zander »

The large canine stepped back in recoil, after a moment standing up straight again. chuckling. "Sir, i going to have to ask you to step back.." his hands made it to his side-arm, but did not disengage it from the holster.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Adel made his way to the exit of the ship. He looked out at the sea one last time as he took his leave of the ship.

(Sorry for the bleh post but I'm beyond confused right now. >_<)
valerio

Post by valerio »

Zander wrote:The large canine stepped back in recoil, after a moment standing up straight again. chuckling. "Sir, i going to have to ask you to step back.." his hands made it to his side-arm, but did not disengage it from the holster.
The rabbits got closer. "You...and what army? And don't try to use one of your toys...coward! If you want to, fight like a real--" Then the creature seemed to better notice Achilles' features. He had seen other German Sheperds, they were almost venerated by those lousy crossbreeds... But this one looked really different... "You a purebreed, dog?"
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

valerio wrote:Richard nodded to the man. "Excellent! Since your colleagues are reunited, I see..." he moved his gaze to the group of men and women wearing the WWF tags "Well, just let me escort you to your bus. You'll have time to do your exercises, believe me. The resort occupies only a minimum fraction of this island, everywhere else is just made for exploration, hiking and stuff. Ambassadors, I trust you with the safety of this special guest." He bowed gallantly toward Lukat and Victor.
The Lycaon nodded. "No harm will be done to her, Sir," he said in a flawless English. Then he turned to Roxanne. "I'll gladly bring ya to mah village! Since ya know us only through pictures, it's time ya see de real thing! But we'll be walkin' and ya must be strong to reach there! Think ya ken do it? Ya look so skinny... We'll have to feed ya, so our boys can courte ya." He winked at the collie.
Lukat sighed, both resigned and amused. "I'm going back to my village. The Chieftain will be glad to be of help with your studies, professor," she said to the man, "provided you give us a reasonable forewarning. We don't like random visits. Sorry, old habits of a prey species."
"I'll keep that in mind, Lukat." Matthew said to the rabbit, then he turned around. "Excuse me for a moment." he told Richard, and addressed the group of WWF members. "Alright everyone! Listen up!" The murmurs of the group died down quickly. "Mr Spencers will accompany us to our quarters himself, so everyone get on the coach." The group started to pick up their luggage and move. Dr Cooper turned back to Richard. "Lead the way, Gov'ner!"

Roxanne laughed at the lycaon's comment. "Oh love, I've had enough blokes chasing after my tail back in Britain, I was hoping I could get away from that for a while!" She pouted with mock hurt. "And what is this about me being skinny? It's called a great figure, you know." She swished her tail and did a little pirouette to show it off. She looked at the lycaon and cocked an eyebrow. "Why did you mention it anyway? Victor Wendell o'Salisgrave! Should I expect you to make a move on me in the forest when we're alone?" she said jokingly.

Zander

Post by Zander »

valerio wrote:
Zander wrote:The large canine stepped back in recoil, after a moment standing up straight again. chuckling. "Sir, i going to have to ask you to step back.." his hands made it to his side-arm, but did not disengage it from the holster.
The rabbits got closer. "You...and what army? And don't try to use one of your toys...coward! If you want to, fight like a real--" Then the creature seemed to better notice Achilles' features. He had seen other German Sheperds, they were almost venerated by those lousy crossbreeds... But this one looked really different... "You a purebreed, dog?"
"he kept his hand over the gun in case. "You bet your long ears i am.."

-Robert Louis Stevenson
valerio

Post by valerio »

While the human started leaving, Victor said to Roxanne, "Y'see, we were on de verge of extinction, decades ago, when humans came with their dogs. And mixing our breeds led to what ye see now!" The Lycaon indicated his own figure from head to toes. "Since then, we never lose de occasion to search for another breed to mix our blood wid. Ya may be not much in flesh, but ya're graceful and intelligent. Good blood. Our boys will fawn ovah ya like so many butterflies..." Again he rubbed at her head. "So? Shall we move? Wanna give a laste greetin' t'yar father?"
"he kept his hand over the gun in case. "You bet your long ears i am.."
The rabbit examined again the male in front of him...Then he made a gesture at the other rodents. One by one, they ran into the forest, disappearing quickly from sight. Only the faint rustling from the vegetation told the dogs of their passage.
The last rabbit said, "One suggestion: Don't push your luck, next time, pure." And he ran away even faster, almost without so much of a rustle...
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

As Adel started to step off of the ship, he heard his father yell "Adelheid! Vait for us!" He turned around and waited for his parents, who were loaded down with luggage, to catch up.

"Ah, dad, I vill carry somezing." He took a couple of suitcases to carry to lighten his parents' loads.

His dad nodded. "Zank you, son. Now ve must go enjoy our vacation here. Zis island looks to be a nice place, ja?"

Adel nodded. "I guess so, fazha." With that, he and his parents set off of the ship and headed for the resort.
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

valerio wrote:While the human started leaving, Victor said to Roxanne, "Y'see, we were on de verge of extinction, decades ago, when humans came with their dogs. And mixing our breeds led to what ye see now!" The Lycaon indicated his own figure from head to toes. "Since then, we never lose de occasion to search for another breed to mix our blood wid. Ya may be not much in flesh, but ya're graceful and intelligent. Good blood. Our boys will fawn ovah ya like so many butterflies..." Again he rubbed at her head. "So? Shall we move? Wanna give a laste greetin' t'yar father?"
"You're right." Roxanne ran to Matthew and they hugged, and the man gave her a few items before he finally headed towards the bus with a wave. Roxanne stuffed the small devices into her backpack and ran back to Victor and Lukat. "I'm ready to go!" she announced. As they started walking she turned to the lycaon. "You see Victor, this is exactly the kind of thing I'm here to see. We know about your genetic ancestry and all that, but those are just facts! We know so much less about your culture, your society, the way the different species interact on the island. Studying those things is a part of why the WWF is here."

Zander

Post by Zander »

The canine was just as confused as the others behind him. After a short wait they continued onward, like nothing happened.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
valerio

Post by valerio »

"You're right." Roxanne ran to Matthew and they hugged, and the man gave her a few items before he finally headed towards the bus with a wave. Roxanne stuffed the small devices into her backpack and ran back to Victor and Lukat. "I'm ready to go!" she announced. As they started walking she turned to the lycaon. "You see Victor, this is exactly the kind of thing I'm here to see. We know about your genetic ancestry and all that, but those are just facts! We know so much less about your culture, your society, the way the different species interact on the island. Studying those things is a part of why the WWF is here."
The two natives led Roxanne out of the docking area.
"Humans have spoken of dese...genes thing," Victor looked puzzled. "We only know dat de right mating produces de right offspring. We are very careful, we look out for strong and healthy breeds. Many of ye housedogs may look fine but y're only pretty, not good for living in de open. We wante to make sure that new breeds are born in this beauriful country. Rabbits are so silly, instead." He chuckled.
Lukat sighed. "Rabbits reproduce a lot, and faster than dogs. Only the Lycaons keep down our number, or we would've overrun the isalnd and destroyed her ecosystem. But thanks to the culling, our pool has never been at risk. That is the reason for which our tribes have never waged war against our predators, despite us being more numerous. In return, the Lycaons control the sea and live off its fruits.
"Alas, too many rabbits still believe that we could live without the culling, that our existence isn't really endangered. They value genetic purity, they would never have anything to do with the Lycaon tribes."

"We live a constant series of skirmishes," said Victor, more somber. "But the Chieftains and the Shamans have the fnal word. They too must accept that there's an order to things. We can coexist, predators and preys, but there's a price to pay."
"We rabbits don't like to mix with strangers," said Lukat, to divert from the grim subject. "We are content with our distance from the visitors, from...everyone else. Soon we'll also bring you to the Green Ring Forest. There, live a population of Red Wolves, who are at risk of extinction due to inbreeding."
"Too much serious stuff!" said Victor, going back to his thick accent. "De ledy deserves t'know de joys and thrills of de best village in de islande! Care t'join us, Ambassador?"
Lukat smiled and shook her head. "Thank you but no. At my village, they will be thinking that I'm deserting, by now." She bowed to the collie. "It's been a honor, young Roxanne Cooper. We'll surely meet again, soon." And on those words, she turned and ran fast like lightning toward the forest.
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

The loud squabbles of a large mass wrestling together came from a hut in the center of the village, it was drawing the eye's of the other village members. In a moment, a group of younger village members stumbled through the hanging cloth, grabbing at the only one still standing. A black mix breed, covered in green tribal paint, the fur on the top of his head was thoroughly coated so many times; even if the paint washed out, there was still a tint of the green paint left behind.
Breaking free of everyone's hold, he laughed as he ran off; his friends following close behind, as some of the elders came fourth from the huts in a panic, yelling and telling him to come back. But it was too late, he was already gone.

Now running through the tree's, he made his way towards the tourists location. It wasn't long at the pace he'd went for him t reach the closest opening to the area, and wander into it. He gasped, coming to a halt as a rabbit whizzed by him at a lightening fast pace. All his friends collided with him, and they tumbled to the ground near Victor. Raven laughed, and pushed his friends off, who waved, to go back home. They really had no intention of being here with him, only wanted to make sure he got to the tourist location safely. Wiping himself off, he laughed hardheartedly at the numbers of newcomers coming in from the docks. "Look'a dat. So many people...oh?" He glanced to the side, seeing Victor finally. He laughed nervously at the fact that he and the people Victor was leading around must have seen his little fall there, and he just barely could make out the bus's that were nearby also. His cheeks reddened at the thought, he becoming embarrassed. "T-tell meh ya' did na' see dat..."
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Ack! Roxanne felt like she should be taking notes as the pair of natives began to talk. It was a good thing she had a well trained memory, but she would write down all of this at the first opportunity she got. She liked to keep a journal anyway, it was good to be able to go back and read her personal notes when she was analyzing her findings.
As Lukat left Roxanne waved after her. "You know Victor, I was actually going to ask you about the wolves. If there is a species on the island we know the least about it's them. They live in such isolation... I know it might be a hard task, but one of the goals of the WWF team is to at least establish some sort of communication with the wolves during our stay..." she explained. And just at that word, like it was a miracle sent from above, a black figure stumbled out of the woods right in front of them.
The collie was speechless once again. It was a wolf! A young wolf, by the looks of it, just around adolescence... But his features were different from a red wolf's. He was black, and he was less built... "Hi..." Roxanne managed finally. Oh this was a joyous day!

valerio

Post by valerio »

Victor giggled. "Well, it's another way to introduce oneself, I guess. Roxanne, meet Gian Wulf o'Salisgrave. He's the first successful fruit of mixing a Red Wolf of de Green Forest with a dog of yar WWF pack."
valerio

Post by valerio »

Tha Housedog wrote:As Adel started to step off of the ship, he heard his father yell "Adelheid! Vait for us!" He turned around and waited for his parents, who were loaded down with luggage, to catch up.

"Ah, dad, I vill carry somezing." He took a couple of suitcases to carry to lighten his parents' loads.

His dad nodded. "Zank you, son. Now ve must go enjoy our vacation here. Zis island looks to be a nice place, ja?"

Adel nodded. "I guess so, fazha." With that, he and his parents set off of the ship and headed for the resort.
The German Shepherd was halfway from his destination, when someone giggled.
From behind him.
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Gian laughed a little, getting an introduction from Victor. This was completely unintentional, but he guessed it must of been okay since the girl with Victor didn't seem to mind him. He smiled at her, and tried to remember how the people in his village said the tourists should be greeted. What was it? A paw shake or something? Oh! He couldn't remember, so he figured he'd have to just do something. "First successful an' I ain't likin' it." He crossed his arms and his tongue stuck out a little from his attempt to speak English a little better. "Ol' de elders want ta' keep me inside, only lettin' me out to see de folk in de long white sheets..." He nose scrunched up as he tried to pronounce what his elders called them. "Scion tests?"
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

"Scientists." Roxanne said with a smile. She was really happy about the opportunity to meet a wolf crossbreed. Wait until Dad hears about this! "I'm Roxanne Cooper." She held out a paw to Gain. "I might not have lab coat, but I'm actually one of them. I just arrived with the WWF team. Nice to meet you, Gain! Victor's taking me to your village, will you come with us?"