HPU: Blue Peak Shore

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: HPU: Blue Peak Shore

Post by Hlaoroo »

<<"Tooth decay? I thought the only vaccine for tooth decay was a toothbrush?">> Arina asks, only half joking. Now that she's out of the tub and no longer under the influence of the nanobots she's beginning to feel rather sore and exhaustion is showing more heavily on her face.

~~~~~~~~
<<"Vell, I vould like drink." Ilya grins. "Er, for purpose of celebration, of course."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:<<"Tooth decay? I thought the only vaccine for tooth decay was a toothbrush?">> Arina asks, only half joking. Now that she's out of the tub and no longer under the influence of the nanobots she's beginning to feel rather sore and exhaustion is showing more heavily on her face.

~~~~~~~~
<<"Vell, I vould like drink." Ilya grins. "Er, for purpose of celebration, of course."
<<We will be taking care of all explanations and therapies at the right moment, ma'm. Right now, off to rest.>> Already a nurse was helping Arina sitting on a wheelchair.

"You'll find a nice drink waiting for you in your room. I'm going back to take care of my business. Congratulations again, Sir." Spencers offered his hand to the new father
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Sank you! Er... Somevone vill show us vay back to ze room, da? I did not vatching when ve came here..."

~~~~~~~~
Arina has no objections to resting and allows herslf to be bundled into the wheelchair.
"Can ve calling you if ve are needing somesing or if zere are any problems later?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Sank you! Er... Somevone vill show us vay back to ze room, da? I did not vatching when ve came here..."

~~~~~~~~
Arina has no objections to resting and allows herslf to be bundled into the wheelchair.
"Can ve calling you if ve are needing somesing or if zere are any problems later?"
As the chair was being pushed out of the delivery room, Spencers said, "Just follow the chair."
The nurse pushing the chair out of the delivery room smiled. "Mr. Spencers will be making personally sure of every need, you may rest assured. Now off we go, there's a nice family room waiting for all of you."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The cats hug Arina and then the entire family thanks Spencers and follows the chair.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:The cats hug Arina and then the entire family thanks Spencers and follows the chair.
...And when the family at last entered their room -a small apartment, to be honest-, the first thing they noticed was the presence of...a black cat, a male, and a female elder lycaon.
"Here at laste, good friends." The canine bowed respectfully. "Ah see you have brought joy to this worlde."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

valerio wrote:...And when the family at last entered their room -a small apartment, to be honest-, the first thing they noticed was the presence of...a black cat, a male, and a female elder lycaon.
"Here at laste, good friends." The canine bowed respectfully. "Ah see you have brought joy to this worlde."
"I guess congratulations is in order," Levi said, "I'm your shaman delivery cat."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Sank you." Ilya smiles, speaking for the family. "Ve vere sinking you vould coming for zee birs but it took us bit by surprise. But sank you for coming. Mine name is Ilya and ziss is mine family: Arina, Aleksandr, Dinara and Feliks." The lady and cats wave as they're introduced but the baby says nothing, sleeping peacefully in Ilya's arms.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Sank you." Ilya smiles, speaking for the family. "Ve vere sinking you vould coming for zee birs but it took us bit by surprise. But sank you for coming. Mine name is Ilya and ziss is mine family: Arina, Aleksandr, Dinara and Feliks." The lady and cats wave as they're introduced but the baby says nothing, sleeping peacefully in Ilya's arms.
"A fine piece of life, this wee one," the elder lycaon said. "But now it's time for some blessing. Please, ma'm, you go to bed now. You don't need to stand up for what's goin' t'happen. Sorry for the accent."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Vhat vill you do?" Ilya asks as Dinara and Sasha step forwards to introduce themselves to the other cat properly.

"Do ve calling 1-800 SHAMAN for magic on demand?" Sasha quips, offering his paw to the cat. "I am Sasha and zis is mine sister, Dinara." Dinara also offers a paw as she's introduced.
"Is nice for meeting you." He glances at his sister as she says something in Russian.
"To. Is nice TO meeting you." he smiles.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:"Do ve calling 1-800 SHAMAN for magic on demand?" Sasha quips, offering his paw to the cat. "I am Sasha and zis is mine sister, Dinara." Dinara also offers a paw as she's introduced.
"Is nice for meeting you." He glances at his sister as she says something in Russian.
"To. Is nice TO meeting you." he smiles.
"Mr Spencers sent for shaman and I happened to be in the village to get one here fast," Levi said, offering his paw in return. "Levi Drake, Dreamwalker and all around nice guy. Nice to meet you too."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

"The ritual is quite simple," the lycaon said. "It is intended to protect the baby from all harm of spiritual nature throughout his life. Not that happens often, mind ol' me, but humans are known for pretend toying with otherworldly forces from time to time. And when they actually come to tap into one, well, the results can be quite...extravagant, heh."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Khun grinned watching Flint's accent.

Poor thing. He thought with a grin. He then walked over to the lycaon that handed Reggie bread earlier.

"Have ALL the young people gone?" Khun asked, "I was kinda hoping to meet a younger bread seller I met earlier. Sigh. Anything this old dog can do to help after a loaf of bread?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monique watched Anubis go from atop Donau's head and sighed.

"Ya know though, if he's wanting a mate he can't be ALL duty ya know?" Monique said, "Ya have to go out and about SOMETIME. And not JUST for 'work'. I hope he makes time for that."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Vhat is a dreamvalker?" Dinara queries.
"So, you are living on zis island zen? Do you working for Mister Spencers?"

~~~~~~~~
"Okay. So... Vhat vill you do vis Feliks? Vhat do you needing me to do?" Ilya asks. He glances down at his son and can't help but smile at the peacefully sleeping face of his child. He's not entirely sure that he believes in a spiritual world or spiritual entities or forces but wants to be polite for the lycaon anyway since he made the journey to the hotel after all.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:"Vhat is a dreamvalker?" Dinara queries.
"So, you are living on zis island zen? Do you working for Mister Spencers?"
"oh, that means I can take shortcuts through the spirit world to get places faster," Levi explained. "and my parents work for him, I'm sort of a free agent. but yes, I do live on the island now."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Monique watched Anubis go from atop Donau's head and sighed.
"Ya know though, if he's wanting a mate he can't be ALL duty ya know?" Monique said, "Ya have to go out and about SOMETIME. And not JUST for 'work'. I hope he makes time for that."
"I'm sure he will. But fear not, the lycaons can make for a nice...company, indeed. Say, have you tried to link with our new soul-friends here?"
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Okay. So... Vhat vill you do vis Feliks? Vhat do you needing me to do?" Ilya asks. He glances down at his son and can't help but smile at the peacefully sleeping face of his child. He's not entirely sure that he believes in a spiritual world or spiritual entities or forces but wants to be polite for the lycaon anyway since he made the journey to the hotel after all.
"Nothin' complicated. Y'all, humans an' pets alike, da whole of da child's family, will give me a drop of yer blood. Ah will enchant it so that them Forces of Life will keep this young'un strong against evil, should necessity arise. Of course, that won't make him a sorcerer or anythin', that requires an extensive training with a true magic-dweller. Again, it will just protect him with your love." He produced a needle made of bone, white and shiny. "Yer hands please."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"No, I've been catching up with family and the local mortals," Monique said, "Say speaking of which. Before one like yourself should be going to bed, rather than showing me around the local Elysium, can you tell me the easiest way to get to where YOUR kind dwells? I'd like to see what they are up to."
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"No, I've been catching up with family and the local mortals," Monique said, "Say speaking of which. Before one like yourself should be going to bed, rather than showing me around the local Elysium, can you tell me the easiest way to get to where YOUR kind dwells? I'd like to see what they are up to."
The rabbit's expression turned grim. "You're a ghost, yet you're far more bound to the mortal plane than you think, if you ask me that.
"Just open your true inner eye, stop thinking like a mortal. At that moment, you'll see it. The whole area will appear to you as if tainted with a sick, greenish light. As if all that is virulent in a spirit is coalesced in one place by hundreds, no thousands of resentful souls. Just fly up and watch. You'll see. And you'll know...But beware, my 'brethrens' can feed up on spiritual energies like yours as well."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"You assume a lot you know?" Monique says to the shaman.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Like magic? You are making joke, right?" Dinara grins, not about to play the fool.
"Vell, I suppose ve shall seeing more of each ozzer. Ve vill be vorking for circus." Sasha smiles, pleased that there's another cat on the island.

"Er... Okay. You are sure zis is hygienic?" Ilya asks the shaman. He carefully places Feliks into a crib and holds out his hand to the lycaon.
"By zee vay, vhat is your name?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:"Like magic? You are making joke, right?" Dinara grins, not about to play the fool.
"Vell, I suppose ve shall seeing more of each ozzer. Ve vill be vorking for circus." Sasha smiles, pleased that there's another cat on the island.
"yeah, it's pretty much magic," Levi explained. "and it's no joke, ask Spencers, I helped save the resort with it a few days ago. and I hope I see you around, I kinda spend my time all around the island."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"You assume a lot you know?" Monique says to the shaman.
The rabbit grinned. "heh, comes with living for several centuries, you know. you get to learn...things. But I'm curious: how come a spiritual creature such as you seems to have barely experience of your own plane of existence?"
---
The lycaon tried again to consciously keep his accent in check. "My name is Asbro. And yes, this procedure is hygienic enough. Perhaps you can't understand, or you know but pay no attention, but as it is you are carrying all the life of your own bacteria all over your bodies. In your hair, your mouth...our bodies are teeming with life, which is good. Even your own clothes carry the small life, and as we speak and walk around the newborn, we're sharing that life with him so that his system adapts and tells good from threat. I am just adding...another layer. Now, hold still.
It was fast: humans and pets barely felt the prick, and just a tiny speck of red was left to testify that it had happened at all. "Now I'll be needing your help, Levi. Please let us just step into the dreamworld. And don't worry, for the others left here it will be the blink of an eye. Ready?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:It was fast: humans and pets barely felt the prick, and just a tiny speck of red was left to testify that it had happened at all. "Now I'll be needing your help, Levi. Please let us just step into the dreamworld. And don't worry, for the others left here it will be the blink of an eye. Ready?"
"ready," Levi replied, readying an entrance to the dreamworld.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Assuming again," Monique said, "I died in the Philippines and flew my way here. Experimented a bit and didn't like what I saw. It was impossible to get a good sense of direction. Besides, there's a lot less color than what some festivals would like you to believe. I guess that's why they do that. I suppose. It's also a small miracle, that you are not closer to the realm yourself!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Khun sighed, and made his way over to Flint's wood pile. Grabbing a log or two to hand over to be chopped.

"Many hands make lite work ya know?" He said smiling.
valerio

Post by valerio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"ready," Levi replied, readying an entrance to the dreamworld.
Both cat and canine walked in.
It was...just like in a dream. There had been no sense of stepping out of the room.
In fact, as a matter of fact Levi and Asbro hadn't left the room...weren't for the fact that everyone else was...motionless. Like frozen in time. Light was more...colored, different, as if tinted with pastel shades
And the baby was...shining, for lack of better words. His own colors were intense, vivids, they radiated from him like an aura.
Just like the pin in Asbro's paw was shining.
The lycaon was smiling tenderly. "New life is always wonderful, so pure, regardless of the species. if only this place wasn't so innaturally sterile, you could see how rich life is in the air...But let us proceed." He bent over the baby, and used the bloody tip to...scratch his brow -no not 'scratch'. He was actually drawing runes, ancient words with that blood. It was amazing how much so few drops could generate...
"This is the life-giving blood of those who love you." the shaman was speaking was outmost seriousness, now. His voice was echoing with power, his mouth was shining as he spoke. "This is the sacrifice they offered to you, without hesitation, out of their own will. And by the power of this sacrifice, thou art now sealed. I give thee thy new name, and by such name no harm will the astral beings cause to you.
"Always keep thy eyes open to the world behind the world, little one. Never lose the power to dream beyond the dream. But thread carefully, always and with wisdom. For the evil that lurks outside can not now touch you, the evil in you will always be there. Be strong, grow wise. May the Divinity be with thee."
And with that, the pin/quill was retreated. The baby's runes were shining a bright emerald.
"You can get us back, my friend," Asbro said to Levi
---
xhunterko wrote:"Assuming again," Monique said, "I died in the Philippines and flew my way here. Experimented a bit and didn't like what I saw. It was impossible to get a good sense of direction. Besides, there's a lot less color than what some festivals would like you to believe. I guess that's why they do that. I suppose. It's also a small miracle, that you are not closer to the realm yourself!"
To that, Donau just...touched the bat. His finger just found the spot where her fur used to be in life.
and they were UP. Up in the air, over the island. The air was still, no sounds were heard.
because every living being was still, motionless.
"I am *always* close to the realm, myself, my friend," the rabbit, now in his 'Vizzerdrix' form, said. "Look. Can you see it?" It was hard to miss: as Donau had said earlier, a portion of the forest looked as if a sick greenish-white light had been cast like a haze everywhere. That was a mockery of the colors of life. "Animals are wary going there. Humans feel ill at ease when they step inside that zone. And the few who dared exploring the nether regions suffered a much gruesom fate. Even the spirits themselves do not set their presence there. Such is our curse, Monique, that we are the guardian spirits of ourselves."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:He bent over the baby, and used the bloody tip to...scratch his brow -no not 'scratch'. He was actually drawing runes, ancient words with that blood. It was amazing how much so few drops could generate...
kinda reminds me of Lion King, Levi thought.
valerio wrote:"You can get us back, my friend," Asbro said to Levi
"coming right up," the cat replied, opening the exit.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Monique looked at him tilting her head in sorrow.

"Do you ever sleep?" She asked, genuinely concerned.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Monique looked at him tilting her head in sorrow.
"Do you ever sleep?" She asked, genuinely concerned.
"I can induce a trance, in memory of what it was like, when I still could. But technically no, we never sleep anymore. The curse won't set us free from the burden of our memories, not for a single moment."
---
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
valerio wrote:He bent over the baby, and used the bloody tip to...scratch his brow -no not 'scratch'. He was actually drawing runes, ancient words with that blood. It was amazing how much so few drops could generate...
kinda reminds me of Lion King, Levi thought.
valerio wrote:"You can get us back, my friend," Asbro said to Levi
"coming right up," the cat replied, opening the exit.
And it was done.
To whomever wasn't involved in the ritual...well, nothing had happened at all. And yet the shaman just bowed to the family and said, "It is done. Thank you for your cooperation."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ilya is puzzled at the seeming inactivity but doesn't want to be rude or insult the shaman.
"No, sank you for zee blessing."
Over on the bed Arina has already fallen asleep, clad still in her hospital gown.

The cats are equally confused but also don't want to be offensive.
"Vell zat vas more fast zan I have expected." Sasha comments cautiously.
"Is it possible to learn zis magic, Levi, or is it somesing zat just happens?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Asbro patted the cat's head. "Ahh, but a good shaman doesn't just teaches his own tricks like this, my friend. Also, it is a little late to start right now, eh?" He winked at Levi. "We need to go sleepy-sleep, as humans say, eh?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:The cats are equally confused but also don't want to be offensive.
"Vell zat vas more fast zan I have expected." Sasha comments cautiously.
"Is it possible to learn zis magic, Levi, or is it somesing zat just happens?"

"I sort of got thrown into it," Levi explained. "But I had a ghost friend to help me survive, and a guardian momgel."
valerio wrote:Asbro patted the cat's head. "Ahh, but a good shaman doesn't just teaches his own tricks like this, my friend. Also, it is a little late to start right now, eh?" He winked at Levi. "We need to go sleepy-sleep, as humans say, eh?"
"I haven't heard any say that, but sure, let's go with it."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"... Vhat is 'momgel'? I am not knowing zis vord..." Sasha queries.

"Huh. Vhat time is it? I vas not paying attention to clock tonight, for obvious reason." Dinara smiles at the shaman.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"So, if the curse is ever lifted," Monique said, "Will the lot of you, die, then? Or be changed to another form?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:"... Vhat is 'momgel'? I am not knowing zis vord..." Sasha queries.

"Huh. Vhat time is it? I vas not paying attention to clock tonight, for obvious reason." Dinara smiles at the shaman.
"I combined angel and mom," Levi replied, a bit embarrassed his bad pun had caused confusion. "cause my dead mom helps keep the hungry spirits away from me like a guardian angel. probably wasn't worth the extra time it took to explain, I probably should have just been clear."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ah. I see. I am sorry your mom is dead." Sasha says. "And I am sorry for being confused. English is not our first language so ve all are still practising. Ve are from Russia, if our names and accents are not making zat obvious. Are you coming from zis island or have you moved here too?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"So, if the curse is ever lifted," Monique said, "Will the lot of you, die, then? Or be changed to another form?"
Donau sighed. "Funny thing is, my aethereal friend, we don't know. Back when I had the chance, the Divinity offered us a new life, peace. But now..? I can only rely on my faith, we can only hope that whatever our final fate is, our torment will be over. Until then, we are still part of fate's road toward a new era for Tricana. More I cannot ask."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:"Ah. I see. I am sorry your mom is dead." Sasha says. "And I am sorry for being confused. English is not our first language so ve all are still practising. Ve are from Russia, if our names and accents are not making zat obvious. Are you coming from zis island or have you moved here too?"
"I figured somewhere around there," Levi said. "and don't worry, her death was... actually it was really traumatic and messed me up pretty bad for most of my life but I'm over it now. I was actually raised in New York. State, not the city."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ah, American! Do not vorry. Ve vill not hold zis against you!" Sasha jokes.
"Um. I am not vanting to be rude, but I sink Asbro is vanting to go home to sleep." Dinara points out. "It vas nice to meet you zough, Levi. Maybe vee vill see you tomorrow?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Uuuugh! I never thought I'd get away!" Flint groaned loudly as he trudged back to the village, following the scent of delicious food as he dragged his aching body in that general direction. She made him work! She actually made him work! Break a sweat he might even say... On top of that she never budged on anything he said. How could anyone be so stubborn and energetic and optimistic as that woman!
"Whatever...". He was back now, in the company of food he deserved, and rest he needed.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Monique tilted her head in a question.

"No thought of asking for forgiveness again? Or has that always been on your mind?" She asked.
Khun meanwhile, had nabbed another loaf of bread and had slipped out of the village. He made camp on a bluff overlooking the waves too. Sitting just outside his tent. He munched on his bread as the rest of the sun slowly vanished. The only problem was he was going to sleep alone, again. And he had no inkling of how to fix that here.

The islanders were friendly enough, and he could probably get a date with any one of them and maybe make a life here. But, he sighed, looking down to a log pile where he last saw Flint, that wasn't going to happen any time soon. Maybe after this adventure he'd try courting again? Maybe. But for now, he enjoyed his bread, and solitude. Before turning in for the night.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She was black as night. Luke thought, staring into her eyes. And she was completely gorgeous. Kissing her again, he tumbled the three of them back into the water. Playing was done, but he couldn't help but pull one more fast one before the night settled in.

"LUKE ARGON!" Amber sputtered in the shallow water, in response, she shoved his head back under water, before letting him come up with the splash.

The three of them. He thought to himself. Amber would continuously surprise. Which he didn't mind. Raijda now? Raijda he knew next to nothing about. It was a shotgun wedding in the purest form of the phrase. But for once, he didn't care. She was his wife too. And he would give her everything. Like he would give Amber everything. Like he would give their family everything. Amber tilted her head in question, shaking it dry.

"Penny for your thoughts love?" She said.

"Sorry, we don't have any, so none for you," he replied, sticking his tongue out at her, embracing her as well, "You may make me walk through the desert."

Amber sighed.

"Without a drop to drink," she replied.

"Even though you make me go days for starving," he sang in reply.

"I'll still love your soul," Amber answered, "Even though you may be a silly," and here she didn't finish, grinning instead. And here, Luke turned to Raijda, with Amber looking at her as well.

"Even though you may drive me batty," he sang to her, having introduced the concept, expecting her to catch on.