HPU: Blue Peak Shore

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

valerio

Re: HPU: Blue Peak Shore

Post by valerio »

hypernovatic wrote:Shukaku's eyes widened as he quickly moved behind Lyla and hugged her tight.
The hyena growled at the 'rabbit' thing. "You so much as of scare him, I'll cut you in two halves and serve them to your peers."
The underground native chuckled, but it came out a sinister sound. "Oh, come on, I was just joking." And with that, he walked away.
"They are complicated people," Lyla said, ruffling Shukaku's head fur. "But...bad? evil? I don't know. They protect your community after all. That's why I wanted to show them to you."
---
Civilization wrote:Tutter continued to stand up straight in the same position, "These schemes are really no ones concern. And no, I'm afraid I don't know how old you are."
"250 years hold. In this time, one thing we learnt is that you all mainlander are so...transitory. All the power, all the glory, all the gold you seek is just a speckle in your short existence. You come and go, but Tricana remains...and even that shall go, one day. That is why I decided I can show you a tresure the likes of which your eyes have never seen. Would you like that? Hmm?"
---
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Cliché or not, I love them," Buster replied. "I'd love to try tastier."
Hoping not to cause a commotion, Janus went to a small garden and extracted what he hoped smelled good enough. He then offered them to Buster after giving them another, cautionary sniff. "Here you go. They smell...sweeter than normal carrots. And they feel tougher. Perhaps it has to do with their...teeth." He thought of the set these creatures had and shuddered.
---
Hotep the psychic wrote:"Perhaps but we should continue shouldnt we? dont i have to meet someone to be a part of this civilization? Can you....somehow suppress this effect somehow?" Anubis said as he forced himself to breath slowly as he felt another flash of the racoon finishing a khoseph blade in the forge. once cooled it was set next to a staff of different segments... Anubis jerked up a bit "it showed the staff again....the raccoon set a sword next to it..." Anubis said pinching the front of his head as if dealing with a headache
A staff of different segments.
THAT caused the others to stare at him. "There were no raccoons on this island, when our ancestors set foot on it."
"If so, how could one have forged the four tribes scepter?" Kendra asked.
Donau massaged Anubis' temples. "Questions later. Now we help him relax, he's losing control. It's too soon to overload him. Please, divine one, grant us this small favor and bring us home." And the following moment, they all had disappeared--
--And reappeared in what looked like a bedroom...if you took a small chapel and turned it into a private bedroom
Donau led Anubis to the big bed at the center of the room. Light coming from a series of windows shone over it to keep it warm. "Now you need to rest, my friend. Please, seek help from your companion if necessary but rest."
---
Roarin wrote:Flint flicked his ears as he looked from the eye and back to Monique. "Doubt they could talk back." The canine quipped, patting Reginald on the head. It didn't look like it had a mouth anyways, "Though I guess they're not as aggressive as I thought they might be." It certainly didn't seem like it would shoot lasers out of its eye... At least... not yet anyways. This time Flint waved his hand, seeing if it would provoke any different kind of reaction.
Again, a new flood of words/thoughts flooded the ghost bat. <What you? What want?>
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

valerio wrote:"250 years hold. In this time, one thing we learnt is that you all mainlander are so...transitory. All the power, all the glory, all the gold you seek is just a speckle in your short existence. You come and go, but Tricana remains...and even that shall go, one day. That is why I decided I can show you a tresure the likes of which your eyes have never seen. Would you like that? Hmm?"
Tutter stood there and listened to the giant snake. He couldn't deny the fact that the snake was not wrong when it came to that view. With his question though he had to fight every urge, every fiber of what made him a ferret. "No." Oh how many of his superiors would have fired him for that statement, "All I need, is information."
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

valerio wrote:Hoping not to cause a commotion, Janus went to a small garden and extracted what he hoped smelled good enough. He then offered them to Buster after giving them another, cautionary sniff. "Here you go. They smell...sweeter than normal carrots. And they feel tougher. Perhaps it has to do with their...teeth." He thought of the set these creatures had and shuddered.
"At least they hide their true form," Buster said as he took the carrots. "I see your big sharp teeth every time I look at you," he added playfully, sticking his tongue out before taking a bite of one of the carrots... which took a little more jaw strength than he was used to using, but he was able to get through it.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Kritaros seemed to suddenly carry Anubis to the bed as if in answering donau. "and help him i shall." Kritaros said as he set anubis in the bed and tucked him in. Anubis with that rapidly fell asleep his body relaxing and releasing much stress. Kritaros smiled and sat nearby. "if anything is needed ill act as Anubis's Advisor and speaker while he sleeps" Kritaros said kindly
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Oh okay. So, what else do you want to show me?" Shukaku asked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Oh! I'm so sorry. We are just here to visit and say hello! I'm a bumblebee bat! What are you? Monique thought to the creature.

"You'd be surprised in how different ways different things talk," Monique said.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Luke thought a moment, then smiled.

"Well, I thought I could never have her," he said, thinking of Amber, "But I guess I was wrong there. So nothing. Tell me though god, for she will want to know as well. Can you promise us heaven if we worship you?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Khun let himself be dragged along.

"Oh, well, that's easy for someone who knows where they're going to say, heh," Khun said. Playful, fairly attractive, and strong. Still, Khun had made a promise to his first lover. And he wasn't about to break that anytime soon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amber looked surprised at first, then nodded. She got up to leave, but.

"Um," she said, smiling meekly, pointing at the food, "Not to be a bother, but. Can you help me take this? I'd hate to see it go to waste."
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

valerio wrote:
kurowolfe wrote:"Dis?" Haq looked at the spirit from top to bottom, mentioning his unfortunate condition implicitly.
Another short silence, and the red wolf gathered his thoughts then. "Dat person is very luckee too be blessed wit your love, Hunter. Did dat person love you just as much?"
"Of course he did. If there was any doubt about our mutual commitment, we couldn't have endured the subtleties, the fear of being discovered...But in the end even all the prudence wasn't enough." his expression turned to that familiar hatred.
Haq sighed in contemplation, staring just past the Hunter's left shoulder and off into the dense jungle ahead. He felt like saying sorry, but what good would that do? It'd be like rubbing salt into an old wound. From what the malevolent spirit had revealed, it seemed that he had been in this state for a long time now. Must've been pretty miserable, a life like that, if you could even call it that.

He moved his gaze back at the Hunter's face. "Is dere anyting dat you're looking forr too... you know, lift dis kurse from yourself? A goal, somewan important, an aitem?"

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
valerio

Post by valerio »

Civilization wrote:Tutter stood there and listened to the giant snake. He couldn't deny the fact that the snake was not wrong when it came to that view. With his question though he had to fight every urge, every fiber of what made him a ferret. "No." Oh how many of his superiors would have fired him for that statement, "All I need, is information."
"Oh. Information." The creature now looked interested, an enigmatic smile creeping into its lips. "The one treasure whose value goes beyond the mortal life..." closer came the snout. "Sssoo, mammal, what information do you seek?"
---
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"At least they hide their true form," Buster said as he took the carrots. "I see your big sharp teeth every time I look at you," he added playfully, sticking his tongue out before taking a bite of one of the carrots... which took a little more jaw strength than he was used to using, but he was able to get through it.
Janus flashed a grin. "And you love 'em too! Lemme try one..." His teeth dug into the hard meat... "Wow, it's sweet. Sweeter than our usual carrots. Not bad. These things would make for popular chew toys."
---
Hotep the psychic wrote:Kritaros seemed to suddenly carry Anubis to the bed as if in answering donau. "and help him i shall." Kritaros said as he set anubis in the bed and tucked him in. Anubis with that rapidly fell asleep his body relaxing and releasing much stress. Kritaros smiled and sat nearby. "if anything is needed ill act as Anubis's Advisor and speaker while he sleeps" Kritaros said kindly
"Then just see that he finds his balance," Donau said. "He's so lucky as to have one of your likes to help him, but I'm sure you'll do that already."
---
hypernovatic wrote:"Oh okay. So, what else do you want to show me?" Shukaku asked.
"Enough excitement for a day. We better be back, after all you should get to know more of your peers. Come." And with that, Lyla turned and, holding Shukaku by the paw, led him toward the way they had come in.
---
xhunterko wrote:Oh! I'm so sorry. We are just here to visit and say hello! I'm a bumblebee bat! What are you? Monique thought to the creature.
<We/I are/am. We/I live. You live?>
"Of course we live!" Yapped happily Reginald. "What's your name?"
---
xhunterko wrote:Luke thought a moment, then smiled.
"Well, I thought I could never have her," he said, thinking of Amber, "But I guess I was wrong there. So nothing. Tell me though god, for she will want to know as well. Can you promise us heaven if we worship you?"
Another ruffle of fur as the wind caressed him all over. "Heaven belongs to you already. You worship me every day you wake up on this place and work for your future. Live in peace, respect this place, bring new life but don't overpopulate. Teach your young the same values, and you all shall be rewarded in the afterlife. Nothing more I ask of you."
---
xhunterko wrote:Khun let himself be dragged along.
"Oh, well, that's easy for someone who knows where they're going to say, heh," Khun said. Playful, fairly attractive, and strong. Still, Khun had made a promise to his first lover. And he wasn't about to break that anytime soon.
"So, what did you learn in your travels? You speak as if you saw a lot of things. I hope the ruins won't be just boring to you."
---
xhunterko wrote:Amber looked surprised at first, then nodded. She got up to leave, but.
"Um," she said, smiling meekly, pointing at the food, "Not to be a bother, but. Can you help me take this? I'd hate to see it go to waste."
Hubert smiled and nodded. "Wasting not is part of a wise life," he said, as if he had hoped for her to say that. At a snap of his fingers, what was left of the food was turned into a neatly packaged series of doggy bags, all stacked in a box. "They'll be warm for when you are back."
---
kurowolfe wrote:Haq sighed in contemplation, staring just past the Hunter's left shoulder and off into the dense jungle ahead. He felt like saying sorry, but what good would that do? It'd be like rubbing salt into an old wound. From what the malevolent spirit had revealed, it seemed that he had been in this state for a long time now. Must've been pretty miserable, a life like that, if you could even call it that.
He moved his gaze back at the Hunter's face. "Is dere anyting dat you're looking forr too... you know, lift dis kurse from yourself? A goal, somewan important, an aitem?"
"Oh, could it be so eay...But you see, my unfortunate receptacle. I brought all of this upon myself of my own will. Let me tell you what happened..."
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

valerio wrote:"Oh, could it be so eay...But you see, my unfortunate receptacle. I brought all of this upon myself of my own will. Let me tell you what happened..."
The Hunter began recounting his memories of what happened back then. And as Haq listened, his face became paler and paler. The red wolf had somewhat of a strong resolve and mind, but the events that the spirit revealed to him is not for the faint of heart, untold horrors that he thought would not be possible. At one point, the wolf spirit even traced a finger as cold as ice down his neck, making his thin pelt floof up whatever meagre length it had.

When the Hunter finished his retelling with a twisted smile, Haq was quite literally stunned. He was stunned speechless, and he began to wonder why he hadn't just bolted and ran away knowing the dark secrets that the spirit harboured within himself. His knees shook and soon gave away, leaving him on the ironically warm jungle floor, his arms propping him up.

"Dat's why..." he began to say, his voice steady despite his conditions. "Dat's why you bear dis kurse upon yourself. Ai... Ai don't know wat too say."

It was then that the thin lupine recalled what the rabbit shaman back at Salisgrave said to him, that his arrival has been expected. What happened to him and what happened to the Hunter, they mirror each other. His fate a less cruel version of the spirit's, but both were grave and cruel nonetheless. They were... alike, in that sense, but also different. Maybe... maybe...

Haq found strength within himself and pushed himself off the floor, standing before the Hunter. Staring at him eye to eye, not with contempt or fear, but clarity.

"Ai belive we were joind together because we have sum similarities. Ai see dat now. However, Ai also belive dat dere's still a way forr you to break dis kurse, no matter how small de chances are. So, Ai ask of you, will you carry dis burden till eternity, or do you want too seek redemption and bee freed from your chains? Ai will follow you either way, help you in any way that Ai could."

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

valerio wrote:"Oh. Information." The creature now looked interested, an enigmatic smile creeping into its lips. "The one treasure whose value goes beyond the mortal life..." closer came the snout. "Sssoo, mammal, what information do you seek?"
Tutter did his best to keep his pose, he dealt with his fair share of intimation but this was getting a little too much for him. Though with the snale now interested he had three choices in front of him, each one had the possibility of dis-interesting the snake or getting him no answer. Now would probably be the best time to do his job, "What do you know of Mr. Spencer?"
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

valerio wrote:"Enough excitement for a day. We better be back, after all you should get to know more of your peers. Come." And with that, Lyla turned and, holding Shukaku by the paw, led him toward the way they had come in.
"Okay." Shukaku said, walking silently beside Lyla.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hotep the psychic

Anubis moaned some as he rested. "i will do what i can great aether master. In the meantime will you aid him by using some gold to trade for Anubis's own home? perferably a place he can set his own shop? hes always fancied crafts from smithing and jewlery making." Kritaros asked
ImageImageImage
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

valerio wrote:
xhunterko wrote:Oh! I'm so sorry. We are just here to visit and say hello! I'm a bumblebee bat! What are you? Monique thought to the creature.
<We/I are/am. We/I live. You live?>
"Of course we live!" Yapped happily Reginald. "What's your name?"
"Okay. Wait wait wait a minute. You can hear them too Regi?" Flint asked, looking quite confused, and frankly, left out. Wasn't this supposed to be his 'dream'? It was a selfish thought, but it couldn't help flicker through his mind.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

kurowolfe wrote:The Hunter began recounting his memories of what happened back then. And as Haq listened, his face became paler and paler. The red wolf had somewhat of a strong resolve and mind, but the events that the spirit revealed to him is not for the faint of heart, untold horrors that he thought would not be possible. At one point, the wolf spirit even traced a finger as cold as ice down his neck, making his thin pelt floof up whatever meagre length it had.
When the Hunter finished his retelling with a twisted smile, Haq was quite literally stunned. He was stunned speechless, and he began to wonder why he hadn't just bolted and ran away knowing the dark secrets that the spirit harboured within himself. His knees shook and soon gave away, leaving him on the ironically warm jungle floor, his arms propping him up.
"Dat's why..." he began to say, his voice steady despite his conditions. "Dat's why you bear dis kurse upon yourself. Ai... Ai don't know wat too say."
It was then that the thin lupine recalled what the rabbit shaman back at Salisgrave said to him, that his arrival has been expected. What happened to him and what happened to the Hunter, they mirror each other. His fate a less cruel version of the spirit's, but both were grave and cruel nonetheless. They were... alike, in that sense, but also different. Maybe... maybe...
Haq found strength within himself and pushed himself off the floor, standing before the Hunter. Staring at him eye to eye, not with contempt or fear, but clarity.
"Ai belive we were joind together because we have sum similarities. Ai see dat now. However, Ai also belive dat dere's still a way forr you to break dis kurse, no matter how small de chances are. So, Ai ask of you, will you carry dis burden till eternity, or do you want too seek redemption and bee freed from your chains? Ai will follow you either way, help you in any way that Ai could."
After a long moment of silence, the Hunter answered, "The God never spoke of 'redemption'. He just said that I am instrumental in certain events that are to take place here, on Tricana. It was for such purpose that he asked me a similar question to the one you just asked.
"I answered that I had made my choice, and that I would bear every consequence it'd bring on me. And thus I was sent upon another broken soul, just like me. A pup, an innocent creature pure of heart, who made the mistake of falling in love with a cruel canine. The God told me to be true to my words, and thus I fused with the pup. Like me, he was dead without being dead. His was a world of pain and horror, and no matter how much my strength helped him recover, the fears stayed with him, to the point that each day, at sunset, when his innocence died, I took over his body and soul, letting him hide...Until today."
The infernal creature looked at Haq. "So if you think that I walked a step toward a miracle, answer this: Are you ready to rebuild an enclave?"
---
Civilization wrote:Tutter did his best to keep his pose, he dealt with his fair share of intimation but this was getting a little too much for him. Though with the snale now interested he had three choices in front of him, each one had the possibility of dis-interesting the snake or getting him no answer. Now would probably be the best time to do his job, "What do you know of Mr. Spencer?"
The snake pondered the question before answering, "The human leader?" Another shrug run through the immense spires. "I know that he came here to take the role of his family, after many years of absence. It had been over one hundred years since a Spencer set afoot on Tricana, and his has been a work of restoring the ancient pacts between his dinasty and the Tribes. And he's been the first of his name to arrange a worth defense of this island. The God he is not, but his steel can speak aloud."
---
hypernovatic wrote:"Okay." Shukaku said, walking silently beside Lyla.
about fifteen minutes later, both reemerged from the lake's depths. Lyla shook her head. "Ahh, nothing like a bath to get cleansed from those creatures' stench. You okay, little brother?"
---
Hotep the psychic wrote:Anubis moaned some as he rested. "i will do what i can great aether master. In the meantime will you aid him by using some gold to trade for Anubis's own home? perferably a place he can set his own shop? hes always fancied crafts from smithing and jewlery making." Kritaros asked
"This can be done," Avaros said. After all, what use having a new citizen and worker if you didn't give him what he needed to be useful? "Is there anything else we can do for you?"
---
Roarin wrote:"Okay. Wait wait wait a minute. You can hear them too Regi?" Flint asked, looking quite confused, and frankly, left out. Wasn't this supposed to be his 'dream'? It was a selfish thought, but it couldn't help flicker through his mind.
Reginald looked puzzled. "Of course I can. I can speak with *anyone*! Have you ever tried? It's easy!"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Shukaku nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine. You?" he asked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

valerio wrote:The snake pondered the question before answering, "The human leader?" Another shrug run through the immense spires. "I know that he came here to take the role of his family, after many years of absence. It had been over one hundred years since a Spencer set afoot on Tricana, and his has been a work of restoring the ancient pacts between his dinasty and the Tribes. And he's been the first of his name to arrange a worth defense of this island. The God he is not, but his steel can speak aloud."
Tutter took that in, well it seemed if this snake thought that way. And that the other locals acted with the same trust towards this person, there must be something behind it.Locals, weapons, superstition, wealth, and Spencer, he thought over everything, well he sure knew he was in a bad spot information wise. "Tricana?"
Hotep the psychic

Kritaros thought a moment before answering "actually yes two things, Anubis would need a place to forge his craft, a forge with tools would be his area of expertise, with that hell need materials. but we can get that ourselves if we had a map of the area which we can get them so a map would be fine if it shows where we can get ore ourselves. Also master of life, id like you too find out who this raccoon is if possible, i now wonder if this has to do with the current time or not, it may be possible its a future point in time. but if theres a way its in our current time well be ok" Kritaros said a bit worried as he held his hands over anubis the faint glow of power could be felt between him and anubis throughout the whole room, but not only that there was a sense of family. that he felt more human than a spirit. but it was the truth Kritaros felt more whole than ever now being in the current time.

(Kritaros has more strength now and can solidify to become whole. will it leave him whole idk)
ImageImageImage
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

valerio wrote:Reginald looked puzzled. "Of course I can. I can speak with *anyone*! Have you ever tried? It's easy!"
Flint let out a soft harrumph and crossed his arms over his chest. "If only it were that easy." The canine sighed. "Well... Can you at least translate what it's saying to me? Kinda feeling out of the loop."

Ref Ref!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"At least they hide their true form," Buster said as he took the carrots. "I see your big sharp teeth every time I look at you," he added playfully, sticking his tongue out before taking a bite of one of the carrots... which took a little more jaw strength than he was used to using, but he was able to get through it.
Janus flashed a grin. "And you love 'em too! Lemme try one..." His teeth dug into the hard meat... "Wow, it's sweet. Sweeter than our usual carrots. Not bad. These things would make for popular chew toys."
"So, we should probably find those art supplies," Buster said after taking another bit of carrot. "Wouldn;t want to leave Levi waiting too long. maybe just an hour or so,"he chuckled.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

valerio wrote:After a long moment of silence, the Hunter answered, "The God never spoke of 'redemption'. He just said that I am instrumental in certain events that are to take place here, on Tricana. It was for such purpose that he asked me a similar question to the one you just asked.
"I answered that I had made my choice, and that I would bear every consequence it'd bring on me. And thus I was sent upon another broken soul, just like me. A pup, an innocent creature pure of heart, who made the mistake of falling in love with a cruel canine. The God told me to be true to my words, and thus I fused with the pup. Like me, he was dead without being dead. His was a world of pain and horror, and no matter how much my strength helped him recover, the fears stayed with him, to the point that each day, at sunset, when his innocence died, I took over his body and soul, letting him hide...Until today."
The infernal creature looked at Haq. "So if you think that I walked a step toward a miracle, answer this: Are you ready to rebuild an enclave?"
Haq was about to ask about that pup, which he assumed to be Janus, but his question threw his thoughts out the window. His mouth opened with surprise.

"You mean, making anoder red wolf enclaev from de ground up?" He closed his maw and hmm'ed for a bit, before continuing. "Ai don't tink dat has ever happend on de island forr a long time. How woud building a new enclaev help you in seeking dat mirakle anyway? Ai don't see de konnection." The lean wolf was genuinely curious, his ears perking up and his eyes reflecting the ones a newborn pup would make.

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Not me! I'm a ghost! Do you not have ghosts or spirits here?" Monique asked the entity.

"Thank you love!" Amber said to Hubert, although, she did make sure to leave 1 package and the wine for her waitress.

"Make sure my waitress gets those will you, please?" She said, picking up the package and heading for the exit.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well, I can't control the future populations and generations down the road and can only promise to try and advise my children, but, we DO want a big family," Luke said.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh ho ho not at all!" Khun replied, "I love to travel and see new things and people and cultures! Every different place I visit is a treasure!"
valerio

Post by valerio »

hypernovatic wrote:Shukaku nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine. You?" he asked.
"Doing fine. I was asking because it was a lot for you to take in all in a day. You are very brave."
---
Civilization wrote:Tutter took that in, well it seemed if this snake thought that way. And that the other locals acted with the same trust towards this person, there must be something behind it.Locals, weapons, superstition, wealth, and Spencer, he thought over everything, well he sure knew he was in a bad spot information wise. "Tricana?"
"The original name of this island. Meriweather was added by the first human, Spencers-Strathmore. I remember when he set foot on this island."
---
Hotep the psychic wrote:Kritaros thought a moment before answering "actually yes two things, Anubis would need a place to forge his craft, a forge with tools would be his area of expertise, with that hell need materials. but we can get that ourselves if we had a map of the area which we can get them so a map would be fine if it shows where we can get ore ourselves. Also master of life, id like you too find out who this raccoon is if possible, i now wonder if this has to do with the current time or not, it may be possible its a future point in time. but if theres a way its in our current time well be ok" Kritaros said a bit worried as he held his hands over anubis the faint glow of power could be felt between him and anubis throughout the whole room, but not only that there was a sense of family. that he felt more human than a spirit. but it was the truth Kritaros felt more whole than ever now being in the current time.
Avaros nodded. "Granted. He will have everything he needs to settle as comfortably as possible and work with this community. We understand that he cannot be overtrained, we will let you tell us when he's ready.
---
Roarin wrote:Flint let out a soft harrumph and crossed his arms over his chest. "If only it were that easy." The canine sighed. "Well... Can you at least translate what it's saying to me? Kinda feeling out of the loop."
Reginald looked sad. "Won't you even try to speak with them? Really, it's easy."
---
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"So, we should probably find those art supplies," Buster said after taking another bit of carrot. "Wouldn;t want to leave Levi waiting too long. maybe just an hour or so,"he chuckled.
"Got it!" he ran to a nearby hut.
Janus stopped in front of the door, his nose drinking in all the familiar scents.
"Like what you smell?" asked a rabbit, a female, walking among the displays of canvas, colors, pigments and brushes. "What do you need, young wolf?"
Janus looked around, examining the stuff. "Ah, something I can carry with me. I...we, my mate and I, are going to these ruins, you see..."
"Say no more," she interrupted him. "You're not the first tourist to paint something of that place," she said 'that place' as if speaking of a bit of bad food. But Janus decided not to inquire.
The rabbit took a painting kit from a rack. "Here. Not the fancy stuff you mainlanders use, but it should serve the purpose."
"Thank you!" Janus wagged his tail as he took the kit. Then his paw went to his collar. "How much do I owe--"
She just shook her head. "You proved your prowess in battle, you earned it. If you really want to pay for it, just be sure to include that cute buck in your painting and give me a copy." She winked at Buster.
---
kurowolfe wrote:Haq was about to ask about that pup, which he assumed to be Janus, but his question threw his thoughts out the window. His mouth opened with surprise.
"You mean, making anoder red wolf enclaev from de ground up?" He closed his maw and hmm'ed for a bit, before continuing. "Ai don't tink dat has ever happend on de island forr a long time. How woud building a new enclaev help you in seeking dat mirakle anyway? Ai don't see de konnection." The lean wolf was genuinely curious, his ears perking up and his eyes reflecting the ones a newborn pup would make.
Again that sly grin. "Because I want to build a new one...on the ashes of the one I destroyed, myself."
---
xhunterko wrote:"Not me! I'm a ghost! Do you not have ghosts or spirits here?" Monique asked the entity.
<Spirit. What. Ghost. What. You. thought. You. exist. We/I exist.>
---
xhunterko wrote:"Thank you love!" Amber said to Hubert, although, she did make sure to leave 1 package and the wine for her waitress.
"Make sure my waitress gets those will you, please?" She said, picking up the package and heading for the exit.
Hubert seemed satisfied at her actions. "An offering to the other realm is a good thing, when it is spontaneous. You will make for a good Priestess
---
xhunterko wrote:"Well, I can't control the future populations and generations down the road and can only promise to try and advise my children, but, we DO want a big family," Luke said.
"That is a good start. Just remember, mixing blood is necessary if your population is to thrive, or these effort shall bear ill fruits.
---
xhunterko wrote:"Oh ho ho not at all!" Khun replied, "I love to travel and see new things and people and cultures! Every different place I visit is a treasure!"
The rabbit's nose quivered with curiosity. "And do you have something from those visits?"
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

valerio wrote:"The original name of this island. Meriweather was added by the first human, Spencers-Strathmore. I remember when he set foot on this island."
"Oh." Tutter thought that over, "And what was that like?"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Thanks." Shukaku said, hugging Lyla.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

valerio wrote:
kurowolfe wrote:Haq was about to ask about that pup, which he assumed to be Janus, but his question threw his thoughts out the window. His mouth opened with surprise.
Again that sly grin. "Because I want to build a new one...on the ashes of the one I destroyed, myself."
"On the ashes of the one you destroyed," Haq repeated word-by-word in a deadpan manner, his enthusiasm disappearing as fast as the afternoon breeze. "And de Gods askd you too do just dat too create a mirakle."

The wolf shook his head lightly and sighed a chuckle. "Ai tink Ai see wat dey are trying too do here, but dat's morbid, even forr dem. So, wat about de tribe members? We can't be an enclaev wit only de two of us.... can we?"

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

valerio wrote:
Roarin wrote:Flint let out a soft harrumph and crossed his arms over his chest. "If only it were that easy." The canine sighed. "Well... Can you at least translate what it's saying to me? Kinda feeling out of the loop."
Reginald looked sad. "Won't you even try to speak with them? Really, it's easy."
It only took a second glance at the shepherd's face for Flint to resign. "Fine fine fine, I'll give it a shot." The canine patted Regi's head and smirked. He could tell why many people didn't want to disappoint the young pup. "Alright, here goes. For some reason I feel really silly." He turned to the jelly like thing. "Hello... there? Can you hear me?"

Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Civilization wrote:"Oh." Tutter thought that over, "And what was that like?"
"Meh. Only a battered, weakened, sad human with his family. Shorter than today's specimen. They were brought here by the currents, after his ship was wrecked by the pirates. He was severly wounded after trying to defend his possession, even after his crew had deserted him, and the pirates respected him for that, that is why he and his family were spared, though he was expected to die soon.
"But the other animals rescued the humans, took care of Spencers as he fought days and nights to cling to his mortal shell. In the end, he had recovered, and in the meantime his family had befriended the ambassadors of the four tribes.
"Men and animals spent as long as possible on Tricana, in harmony, learning from each other. The humans gave them what knowledge they had, the shamans returned what they could safely give, plus something from the tribes' treasures. Spencers taught them how to build better ships, and the first that left port was strong enough to make it back to the mainland.
"The day they departed, Spencers spilled his own blood and swore that from that moment on his family's detiny was bound to the island's, and that one way or the other his descendants would've worked to protect and preserve it. My elders were testimony to that oath, and the spirits as well.
"When the humans' grand war came to our shore, it brought cataclysm at first, but Admiral Ernest Spencer remembered the promise he had been taught of since the day he was born. And at the risk of his life, seeing that our own war couldn't just be stopped in the name of that promise, he led his warriors against the wolves to force them into peace. Native blood was on his hands, but at last our conflict was resolved, though bitterness remains. Spencers's dogs were the first to mix their blood with the lycaons', thus renewing the promise for a better future. That future the current Spencers is protecting."
---
hypernovatic wrote:"Thanks." Shukaku said, hugging Lyla.
She hugged him back. "Don't say it. You're the brave one here. Now let's go home or I'll have a hard time explaining why you have a pneumonia." With that, she swam toward a stepladder dug into the volcanic rock.
---
kurowolfe wrote:"On the ashes of the one you destroyed," Haq repeated word-by-word in a deadpan manner, his enthusiasm disappearing as fast as the afternoon breeze. "And de Gods askd you too do just dat too create a mirakle."
The wolf shook his head lightly and sighed a chuckle. "Ai tink Ai see wat dey are trying too do here, but dat's morbid, even forr dem. So, wat about de tribe members? We can't be an enclaev wit only de two of us.... can we?"
The Hunter chuckled. "Or perhaps the miracle is not about...me. Think well, I consorted with all sorts of malevolent forces just to make sure to inflict the most horrid punishment to our persecutors. I am well damned and proud of it...Soo, why such a 'morbid' proposal then?"
---
Roarin wrote:It only took a second glance at the shepherd's face for Flint to resign. "Fine fine fine, I'll give it a shot." The canine patted Regi's head and smirked. He could tell why many people didn't want to disappoint the young pup. "Alright, here goes. For some reason I feel really silly." He turned to the jelly like thing. "Hello... there? Can you hear me?"
<I/We hear you. You what? I/We be> It came like...a chorus, an harmonic sound from hundreds, thousand of minds speaking as one and yet each one with its voice.
Collective.
Hotep the psychic

kritaros nodded at avaros "thank you Master, i will notify you when hes able, please do tell when information is found on your part on the raccoon" he said happily
ImageImageImage
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Shukaku nodded and followed Lyla towards the stepladder.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

valerio wrote:"Meh. Only a battered, weakened, sad human with his family. Shorter than today's specimen. They were brought here by the currents, after his ship was wrecked by the pirates. He was severly wounded after trying to defend his possession, even after his crew had deserted him, and the pirates respected him for that, that is why he and his family were spared, though he was expected to die soon.
"But the other animals rescued the humans, took care of Spencers as he fought days and nights to cling to his mortal shell. In the end, he had recovered, and in the meantime his family had befriended the ambassadors of the four tribes.
"Men and animals spent as long as possible on Tricana, in harmony, learning from each other. The humans gave them what knowledge they had, the shamans returned what they could safely give, plus something from the tribes' treasures. Spencers taught them how to build better ships, and the first that left port was strong enough to make it back to the mainland.
"The day they departed, Spencers spilled his own blood and swore that from that moment on his family's detiny was bound to the island's, and that one way or the other his descendants would've worked to protect and preserve it. My elders were testimony to that oath, and the spirits as well.
"When the humans' grand war came to our shore, it brought cataclysm at first, but Admiral Ernest Spencer remembered the promise he had been taught of since the day he was born. And at the risk of his life, seeing that our own war couldn't just be stopped in the name of that promise, he led his warriors against the wolves to force them into peace. Native blood was on his hands, but at last our conflict was resolved, though bitterness remains. Spencers's dogs were the first to mix their blood with the lycaons', thus renewing the promise for a better future. That future the current Spencers is protecting."
That proved very unhelpful to his situation Tutter realized as the snake went on. Explained why there was a general suspicion about the place though, Mr. Spencer could do whatever he wanted here with the support of everyone here and no questions asked. Though with the air about this place there always seemed to be just a little more then what words let on. "Interesting, thank you for sharing that with me." He figured that would be the best information he could get out of anything without pushing it.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Hubert seemed a little loose for Luke. Luke could probably, provided it was alright with Amber, have a double marriage with Raijda and five dozen concubines on the side and he wouldn't mind! Which, seemed a little much for Luke. Though it seemed that basic morality was a given with Hubert, and it was also a given that at least other demons shouldn't be messed with, there was no hard set rules or regulations, which bothered Luke. For you could do something without guidelines and oops you broke a rule and now your cursed for life. Luke was a bit hesitant on accepting this spirit as a god.

"Just one more question, I think, if I may," Luke said, "Other than the usual persecution, what's going to be the next thing that happens directly after I say 'Hubert, I accept you as my god?'"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's confused because I am a ghost and is wondering if we all exist and or alive. Monique thought to Flint.

"I'm not alive, but I exist! I am not whole, but I have being! I am not solid but I am here! I am a ghost!" Monique said, flipping about in the air.

"Do you not die here? And have stories of the dead?" Monique asked the creature?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Khun patted his staff.

"Just this," he said, "Gift from my tutor."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"HA! Tell that one to our shaman, he'll get a good laugh!" Amber said, picking up her box of food, heading for the exit.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:She just shook her head. "You proved your prowess in battle, you earned it. If you really want to pay for it, just be sure to include that cute buck in your painting and give me a copy." She winked at Buster.
"He'd have probably done that even if you hadn't asked," Buster replied with a chuckle.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

valerio wrote:
kurowolfe wrote:"On the ashes of the one you destroyed," Haq repeated word-by-word in a deadpan manner, his enthusiasm disappearing as fast as the afternoon breeze. "And de Gods askd you too do just dat too create a mirakle."
The Hunter chuckled. "Or perhaps the miracle is not about...me. Think well, I consorted with all sorts of malevolent forces just to make sure to inflict the most horrid punishment to our persecutors. I am well damned and proud of it...Soo, why such a 'morbid' proposal then?"
"Wen you put it dat way..." A short pause, followed by a shrug on Haq's shoulders. "Ai still tink its too much for dem."

Another short pause. "Say, wat doo you mean by 'our' persekutors? We have only met today, and you havent done anyting dat bad just yet."

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

valerio wrote:<I/We hear you. You what? I/We be> It came like...a chorus, an harmonic sound from hundreds, thousand of minds speaking as one and yet each one with its voice.
Collective.
"Wowly smokes..." The canine took a step back. Even though he knew the sounds were coming from his mind, it was somehow more assuring to be a step further away from the strange beings. Scratching the back of his head Flint smiled apologetically at Regi. "Sorry bud, I guess it pays to just wing it and try sometimes." Which actually used to be his MO before he got onto this island. Maybe all this craziness has been making him more cautious.
The dog sighed. Well, there was not better time than the present to start again.
Turning to the strange jellyfish he put his hand over his heart and bowed. "Hello there, my name is Flint Gates. It's a pleasure to meet and err, hear you."

Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hotep the psychic wrote:kritaros nodded at avaros "thank you Master, i will notify you when hes able, please do tell when information is found on your part on the raccoon" he said happily
"Is there anything else, he could require?" kendra asked, bowing in respect. "Does he wish for some company, perhaps?"
---
hypernovatic wrote:Shukaku nodded and followed Lyla towards the stepladder.
"Tomorrow I will bring you to the Blue Peak Mountain," Lyla said, pointing toward the horizon, the volcano at the other end not visible from there. "You will love it."
---
Civilization wrote:That proved very unhelpful to his situation Tutter realized as the snake went on. Explained why there was a general suspicion about the place though, Mr. Spencer could do whatever he wanted here with the support of everyone here and no questions asked. Though with the air about this place there always seemed to be just a little more then what words let on. "Interesting, thank you for sharing that with me." He figured that would be the best information he could get out of anything without pushing it.
The serpent's tongue whipped at the air in front of Tutter. "I can taste your inner tenstion. What makes you worry, mammal?"
---
xhunterko wrote:Hubert seemed a little loose for Luke. Luke could probably, provided it was alright with Amber, have a double marriage with Raijda and five dozen concubines on the side and he wouldn't mind! Which, seemed a little much for Luke. Though it seemed that basic morality was a given with Hubert, and it was also a given that at least other demons shouldn't be messed with, there was no hard set rules or regulations, which bothered Luke. For you could do something without guidelines and oops you broke a rule and now your cursed for life. Luke was a bit hesitant on accepting this spirit as a god.
"Just one more question, I think, if I may," Luke said, "Other than the usual persecution, what's going to be the next thing that happens directly after I say 'Hubert, I accept you as my god?'"
"Your life will go on as you planned it, save that your marriage will have to be more...open. After you all have pledged your loyalty as a whole family and tribe, then you'll have my protection against the darkest forces. Just remember: This island suffered for a long time the war caused by those who craved power and resources. They paid the price and the punishments. And some *still* are paying. Since then, there is a pact between the tribes and me: no more wars, no more greed, or suffer my ire. Easy as that. I will offer redemption for a sin committed, but I promise it will not be easy. But if you live in peace and respect of this island, nothing but good will be returned to you all. And if you have a dispute with your neighbors, you are free to settle the differences in the fashion you wish more appropriate, as long as only the disputers and no one else are involved."
---
Roarin wrote:"Wowly smokes..." The canine took a step back. Even though he knew the sounds were coming from his mind, it was somehow more assuring to be a step further away from the strange beings. Scratching the back of his head Flint smiled apologetically at Regi. "Sorry bud, I guess it pays to just wing it and try sometimes." Which actually used to be his MO before he got onto this island. Maybe all this craziness has been making him more cautious.
The dog sighed. Well, there was not better time than the present to start again.
Turning to the strange jellyfish he put his hand over his heart and bowed. "Hello there, my name is Flint Gates. It's a pleasure to meet and err, hear you."
<Pleasure. What. You. Nothere. You. Where?>
---
xhunterko wrote:It's confused because I am a ghost and is wondering if we all exist and or alive. Monique thought to Flint.
"I'm not alive, but I exist! I am not whole, but I have being! I am not solid but I am here! I am a ghost!" Monique said, flipping about in the air.
"Do you not die here? And have stories of the dead?" Monique asked the creature?
<Ghost. Bodynot. Thought. Exist. You. Are. Where. From?> And with that question came the images. A flood of visions of a rocky blue and green world, a wonderful gem with its white clouds, its oceans where those 'medusae' lived in throngs, the skies free of flyers, the lands too young to host more than grass...
And every 'vision' stopped from time to time, each time the colony asking to Monique <Here? Here? Here?> And the same thing went on and on in Khun's and Reginald's minds.
The pup's eyes were glazed, as if he was in trance in front of some REALLY awesome movie screen. "Ohh, what place is this?"
---
xhunterko wrote:Khun patted his staff.
"Just this," he said, "Gift from my tutor."
"Was he a shaman? Or a fighter? Or both"
---
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
valerio wrote:She just shook her head. "You proved your prowess in battle, you earned it. If you really want to pay for it, just be sure to include that cute buck in your painting and give me a copy." She winked at Buster.
"He'd have probably done that even if you hadn't asked," Buster replied with a chuckle.
Janus asked for something to make a package out of his stuff. Once he had settled it all on his back, he looked in the directions of the ruins. "You know...I seem to remember we never raced together. What about some 'last in is a rotten egg'?"
---
kurowolfe wrote:"Wen you put it dat way..." A short pause, followed by a shrug on Haq's shoulders. "Ai still tink its too much for dem."
Another short pause. "Say, wat doo you mean by 'our' persekutors? We have only met today, and you havent done anyting dat bad just yet."
"Not to you, but my sin, redemption or not, will always accompany me. There is no paradise for the likes of me. And as for 'ours' thing, now you and I are one. Everything that concerns me concerns you as well. You'll get used to it."
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

valerio wrote:"Tomorrow I will bring you to the Blue Peak Mountain," Lyla said, pointing toward the horizon, the volcano at the other end not visible from there. "You will love it."
"Are we going to climb it?" Shukaku asked, bouncing slightly.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Are you experienced? Otherwise, there is a stair that will bring us up all the way."
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"No, I'm not. There's a staircase all the way up the mountain? Who built it?" Shukaku asked, confused.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

valerio wrote:"Not to you, but my sin, redemption or not, will always accompany me. There is no paradise for the likes of me. And as for 'ours' thing, now you and I are one. Everything that concerns me concerns you as well. You'll get used to it."
Haq watched the spirit's face as he said that. "We are, arent we?"

He knelt down and picked up a twig, fiddling with it with both hands as he tried to digest what the Hunter had said so far. He did this for a good while, almost lost in his own thoughts, the soft breeze blowing around them rustling the leaves of the treetops.

"Wat--" The wolf suddenly spoke, his eyes still trained on the twig. "--if mai life is kut short beforr we could finish building de enclaev?" He lifted his gaze off his hands and stared at the Hunter again, his expression somehow unreadable by most.

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

valerio wrote:The serpent's tongue whipped at the air in front of Tutter. "I can taste your inner tenstion. What makes you worry, mammal?"
Oh that didn't help him at all. Tutter wasn't used to dealing with such creatures. "Nothing you need to worry yourself with." He still kind of wished he had a title to call the snake since it seemed important enough to have something more than was being let on, or that could have been his own paranoia at this point.