• Advertisement

Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
HPU: Edge City 

Post Re: HPU: Edge City
Leafolawl Wrote:
The man turn around to look at Kai, and is seemingly taken a bit aback at the lack of an arm. Still, he manages to pull a hand from his blue hoodie for an awkward wave. "Uh, can I help you?" he questions uncertainly, fixing how the black thin-framed glasses he's wearing sit on his face.

"Oh hey! I can hear you! Awesome- Uhh, I mean. Lemme just... lemme just start over." The canine cleared her throat before doing a short bow.

"Good afternoon good sir! I was just wondering, innocent question here. Haaave you noticed anything out of the ordinary in this mall? Maybe like a super weird thing where everything gets all quiet around you, and it sound like everyone is talking behind thick glass, and... I'm not explaining it very well am I?"

Book Log: The Killing Moon - N. K. Jemisin
Ref Ref!

Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:24 am

"That is exactly what I'm trying to fix." she begins softly, sitting next to him. "... Minus the bowling, but if things turn out to be okay I'm sure we can still go." She pulls her phone out, giving another glance around. "An email, correct?"

-----

"Uh, yeah. That, or I just have no idea what you're talking about," he confirms, giving a somewhat noncommittal shrug. "Wouldn't think I'd miss suddenly feeling deaf though, been working here for like a year and a half."

SoujiTheFox Wrote:
(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR

Why do I still find this funny?

Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:14 am
Game Master

"Um. i thought it was a flyer on a bulletin board... Mum found it." Bear interjects, before looking over to Charlie, "and his was a newspaper ad wasnt it?"

Characters

Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:02 pm
laughing maniacally

Post Re: HPU: Edgy City
Serence Frostbite Wrote:
"maaaaaaybe" Nilo said with a little bit of doubt "But if that's true then they really should work on their marketing department, cause the only things I've bought for the last few months were skins" he chuckled

"you'd be surprised how much people will buy just cause it's there," Selina said. "You're here, you're at least likely to buy food."

Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:41 am

Leafolawl Wrote:
"That is exactly what I'm trying to fix." she begins softly, sitting next to him. "... Minus the bowling, but if things turn out to be okay I'm sure we can still go." She pulls her phone out, giving another glance around. "An email, correct?"

"Yes, that is correct, do you want me to forward it to you?" he replied, turning his phone on.

Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:44 pm

Skya sighs. "If I don't have it, yes, but give me a moment." She leans forward to address everyone, speaking up. "I'm trying to get these one by one so we're not cross pollinating stories. Facts first, impressions second. Can we all agree there?"

SoujiTheFox Wrote:

Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:11 pm

Post Re: HPU: Edgiest City
Leafolawl Wrote:
"Uh, yeah. That, or I just have no idea what you're talking about," he confirms, giving a somewhat noncommittal shrug. "Wouldn't think I'd miss suddenly feeling deaf though, been working here for like a year and a half."

"Yeah, I suppose, I suppose. Guess it's just me and my friends being paranoid is all..." Kai nodded along, crossing her one arm over her chest. "Hmm, one and a half years, means you've been around the town for a bit hmm? You wouldn't happen to know of any cool haunts around the city would you? Any places a gal might be able to snap a pretty picture?

Ref Ref!

Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:16 am
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post Re: HPU: Edgy City
RandomGeekNamedBrent Wrote:
"you'd be surprised how much people will buy just cause it's there," Selina said. "You're here, you're at least likely to buy food."

"Maybe. I'm here for the free food though, but I guess not everyone is a cheapskate like me" Nilo chuckled
Leafolawl Wrote:
Skya sighs. "If I don't have it, yes, but give me a moment." She leans forward to address everyone, speaking up. "I'm trying to get these one by one so we're not cross pollinating stories. Facts first, impressions second. Can we all agree there?"

"Agree, except the only fact we seem to know is apparently no one knows anything" the cat continued, crossing his arms and leaned back against the wall "Not even you"

Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:45 am

Skya smiles. "That's not an unfair assumption. We do know five of us came here on party invitations, one for a book club meeting, and one on happenstance. That means we have more numbers than they expected. If it is a marketing ploy, it's certainly not a legal one, but that still warrants caution on our end.

"That's only one half of why I want each story before conjecture, though. Part of my job is to do preliminary investigation, so when legal authority shows up I can pass it off to them as smoothly as possible. But please, don't take this as a request to not talk. If it'll help you relax, try to have some fun." She looks back down at her phone.

"... Yeah, I'll need the email forwarded," she finally says to Luka, back to her low voice.

-----

"No, just the usual old abandoned buildings you find everywhere in the city, but mainly you'll find them in the downtown area? Most of them are a bit vandalized, though, and you'll need to take care for squatters." He takes his dark blue thick-framed glasses off to clean the lenses. "I'd like to talk and maybe scratch behind your ears, but my lunch is about to end. If you really need to press me, I'll be in Puzzle Palace, just on the right as you head down that wing of the building, alright?" He points back as he puts his glasses back on.

SoujiTheFox Wrote:

Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:39 am

"I'll forward it to you from my glorious iPhone 4s… sorry, probably a bad time for a joke." Luka said, then opened the mail app on his phone and forwarded the E-mail to Skya.

Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:37 pm
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Leafolawl Wrote:
Skya smiles. "That's not an unfair assumption. We do know five of us came here on party invitations, one for a book club meeting, and one on happenstance. That means we have more numbers than they expected. If it is a marketing ploy, it's certainly not a legal one, but that still warrants caution on our end.

"That's only one half of why I want each story before conjecture, though. Part of my job is to do preliminary investigation, so when legal authority shows up I can pass it off to them as smoothly as possible. But please, don't take this as a request to not talk. If it'll help you relax, try to have some fun." She looks back down at her phone.

"... Yeah, I'll need the email forwarded," she finally says to Luka, back to her low voice.

"eh, I guess worrying wouldn't help. Might as well get some food or something. Anyone wanna come?"

Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:48 pm
Game Master

Nods and moves to follow along with nilo. "yeah, that sounds like a good plan."

Characters

Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:06 am
laughing maniacally

Serence Frostbite Wrote:
"eh, I guess worrying wouldn't help. Might as well get some food or something. Anyone wanna come?"

"sounds good" Selina answered.

Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:06 am

Skya sighs. "Stay close, please. I still need to check with Selina and Nilo. And please don't let me out of your sight." She turns to watch Kai more carefully, looping a leg around her seat and grabbing onto the edge of the table to anchor herself.

SoujiTheFox Wrote:

Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:47 pm

"Information for head scratches, that sounds like a fair trade." Kai grinned. "Alright well I'll leave you to your lunch! I'll definitely swing by later, thanks for the info!" The canine waved as she left, trotting back to the group. "Well it looks like that guy didn't sense anything weird, maybe it was some sort of local supernatural disturbance. Either way this is kinda fun, look at us all gathered around, lookin' for clues and carp like that. Makes me feel like one of those detectives in the movies. Oh yeah I there's a place we could swing by later if we wanted. Puzzle Palace I think it was. Dunno what it is, but it sounds like fun."

Ref Ref!

Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:25 am
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Don't worry" Nilo called back "We'll be in shouting distance",then he bounced off to the food tables, glancing and sniffing and all sort of dishes without picking any of them.

Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:39 am

The grey cat visibly relaxes as the one-armed dog returns. "Those movies exaggerate the speed of the process... The others have gone for some food, as it seems someone's paid enough to get a small buffet set out between the food court stores. I'd like to ask you some questions as we join them, if you wouldn't mind," she asks, standing up with a small stretch.

The tables are each set by a single store, with one having some large soft pretzels and cups, another with burgers and potato wedges, and a third serving rice bowls with chicken or beef. The people manning these impromptu setups only seen to pay any mind to the pets when they step over, and it seems to be mostly just taking stock collars and manners with no issues to their presence.

SoujiTheFox Wrote:

Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:57 am

Leafolawl Wrote:
The grey cat visibly relaxes as the one-armed dog returns. "Those movies exaggerate the speed of the process... The others have gone for some food, as it seems someone's paid enough to get a small buffet set out between the food court stores. I'd like to ask you some questions as we join them, if you wouldn't mind," she asks, standing up with a small stretch.

The tables are each set by a single store, with one having some large soft pretzels and cups, another with burgers and potato wedges, and a third serving rice bowls with chicken or beef. The people manning these impromptu setups only seen to pay any mind to the pets when they step over, and it seems to be mostly just taking stock collars and manners with no issues to their presence.

"Hah! Well I guess they thought it'd be better if they skipped all the boring parts." Kai smirked, walking with the feline over to the rest of the group. "And sure! Ask away~. Oh, also, I don't think we've formally met yet." The canine stuck out an open hand. "Kai, Kai O'Connell. Full time photographer, part-time question answerer...er. You must be Miss Skya from what I've been hearing from the chit-chat that's been going on."

Ref Ref!

Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:37 am
laughing maniacally

Selina looked at the spread. She opted for the chicken and rice and made sure to glance back at Skya occasionally to keep her in her sight.

Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:20 am
Game Master

unable to decide, bear has a bit of everything.

Characters

Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:41 am
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

After a long while going back and forth, Nilo ended up with a plate full of potato wedges with a circle of pretzels surrounding them. The cat decided to find an empty table closer to where the food was, and waited for everyone else.

Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4