HPU: Blue Peak Shore

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: HPU: Blue Peak Shore

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

xhunterko wrote:then she turned to Levi.

"Excuse us for a moment," she said to him.
"by all means," the cat replied.
xhunterko wrote:She then confidently, and angrily, walked over to Avaros. She lifted up a hand, and gently, softly, grabbed his right ear lobe. Looking at him with a stern expression right in the face turning around his entire body.

Luke backed away SEVERAL steps!
"oof, someone's in trouble," the cat winced.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hotep the psychic wrote:Anubis nodded at the statement "Ive yet to still meet with him about a few things but I know of what you speak of yes. why do you ask?"
"Many new souls are coming to live on this island. Zilnawa will be repopulated by those animals who knew abuse by the hands of men, they will be needing spiritual comfort, assistance, guidance. Do you think it is something you and Kritaros could do for them?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Amber spoke calmly.

"You did not tell us the full details or severity that the kind of event that the Chieftain's Table would have. And I'm especially upset that you suggested it during a honeymoon night," Amber spoke, "Honeymoon's are traditionally 3 days to a week for us. Spencers cut day 1 short for us to greet our people EARLY in the morning. While having a small group of friends over for a meal is fine, as Luke intended, I will not have our honeymoon filled with diplomacy. I will also not have you suggest an event like that without fully explaining it first BEFORE we agree to it. Is that perfectly understood?"

Luke breathed a sigh of relief. Generally, the Mauntauq had a history of not being kind to servants who made mistakes.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Khun patted the pup on the head.

"You're a brave lad," he said, "How'd you get to become Guardian of The Cave of Wonders then?"

He then playfully elbowed Flint in the side.

"Well, I guess we got some girl hunting to do after we get back up top eh?" Khun said with a smirk.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monique shrugged at Ilya's question.

"I wouldn't know. But I kinda know how I became a demigoddess. I was dead to begin with. But I loved this island so much that I didn't want to leave. Hubert, the patron god, offered me a chance. Then a council of spirits and beings along with Hubert gave me power to help the island," Monique said, "How to become a god? I dunno. But that's what happened for me. It's not easy becoming a go, I assume. And I'm only a demigoddess. So becoming a god is probably much worse an ordeal. Maybe Hubert knows. But I dunno if he wants to talk about it. He is undead after all. Or was. I forget the painful steps he told us he went through."
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Amber spoke calmly.
"You did not tell us the full details or severity that the kind of event that the Chieftain's Table would have. And I'm especially upset that you suggested it during a honeymoon night," Amber spoke, "Honeymoon's are traditionally 3 days to a week for us. Spencers cut day 1 short for us to greet our people EARLY in the morning. While having a small group of friends over for a meal is fine, as Luke intended, I will not have our honeymoon filled with diplomacy. I will also not have you suggest an event like that without fully explaining it first BEFORE we agree to it. Is that perfectly understood?"
Luke breathed a sigh of relief. Generally, the Mauntauq had a history of not being kind to servants who made mistakes.
The lion rubbed his offended ear. "Ah, I fully understand now, milady. I will surely comply to your requests and necessity and leave you all the time you need before any official act of instatement is performed. Please forgive me my...slip. Traditionally, in Zilnawa such matters are discussed and celebrated *before* the new chieftains are left alone for their coniugal duties." He decided not to mention what 'celebrated' included, sometimes -he was fairly sure he'd spend the rest of his life speaking in 'falsetto'... "I will organize everything so that the proper ceremonies will begin at your own leisure." He bowed respectfully, paws hidden in the folds of his robe. "Shall you need anything else before I leave you be, my Chieftains?"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xhunterko wrote:Khun patted the pup on the head.
"You're a brave lad," he said, "How'd you get to become Guardian of The Cave of Wonders then?"
He then playfully elbowed Flint in the side.
"Well, I guess we got some girl hunting to do after we get back up top eh?" Khun said with a smirk.
Bartholomew shrugged. "Oh, the Divinity offered me the role. In return, I get to play with the rabbits. They may be cursed, but they still have their own magic, and it is poooowerful stuff," he said that in a playfully ominous tone. "I learnt to change shape from them. And that is nothing yet!"
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

valerio wrote:
Hotep the psychic wrote:Anubis nodded at the statement "Ive yet to still meet with him about a few things but I know of what you speak of yes. why do you ask?"
"Many new souls are coming to live on this island. Zilnawa will be repopulated by those animals who knew abuse by the hands of men, they will be needing spiritual comfort, assistance, guidance. Do you think it is something you and Kritaros could do for them?"
Anubis smiled "If you had asked me that same thing when I first came to the island. I would have said no because my past had haunted me greatly and continued hunting me wherever I went. Beleiving that I would endanger others around me once more.......However in todays time after seeing to seek freedom from such a horror, experienceing my place in the past and bringing that back to life in the present I can promise that Kritaros and I could definately do such to the newcomers. And more. My life has been long holding and knowing the abuse to heart, My past with the shamans early in the dawns of time had helped them see to many things. with life will come new chances. tribes will rebuild as well as the Shaman Leaders schools. the island will be as prosperous as it once was....Hubert knows to heart the promise I made seeing the islands destruction in the past and being the one to live through it.....If i Didnt live to that word what kind of person would I be?" Anubis explained with solemn grace and hearty words. showing faith, honor, happiness and more in how he stood in the light of the hour. watching the distance greatly and the crowds of the tribe. various females he saw giving him blushed looks that he took notice of yet no catch towards. few he saw too eager to the pleaseing in search of proper mateship. the fox keeping his staff in hand and letting out a slow sigh.

--------------------------------------------------------

As for Kritaros his search continued within the caves. the large piles of sunlit gold and silver, gems, ivory and more jangled some with each soft step he took and silent grumble as he continued to fail in his search. Soon coming acrost the gleaming chest that sat alone like the Arc of the covenant. He sighed wiwth releif and opened it slowly to retreive what he sought. "of course the pirates found this place and set this aside." Kritaros said to himself looking over the golden piece section of staff that held the glyphs and pieces of the lions tribe from long ago. "And so a ray of light returns to join the sun and tribe." he said after setting it away and closing the lid with a loud thud that made his fur stand on edge.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

valerio wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote:Sasha opens the chest and inspects the contents.
"Everysing is here. But vhat kind of show ve are doing today? Ve are performing for ze volves or somevone else?"
"Before Zilnawa came back to be, we'd cover the Three Tribes in a tour, but now that everyone is swarming back into the city, we'll do the wolves first. They may scare you at first, but they're not a bad bunch when it comes to appreciate entertaining. Then we'll do the rabbits. The...lurkers, I mean. Now *those* are picky hosts, they like their show more...brutal. you'll have to work really hard to look convincing. Fire is fine, it impresses them."
"Okay. Vee can do zat. Dubinki, Dinara?"
"Da, dubinki." Dinara nods.
"Ve have plan. Ve will use dubinki - how you say zis in English? - like ve did during our audition. But ve have special act planned for our first show for tourists and for Mr. Spencers."

*dubinki = batons

~~~~~~~~
xhunterko wrote: Monique shrugged at Ilya's question.

"I wouldn't know. But I kinda know how I became a demigoddess. I was dead to begin with. But I loved this island so much that I didn't want to leave. Hubert, the patron god, offered me a chance. Then a council of spirits and beings along with Hubert gave me power to help the island," Monique said, "How to become a god? I dunno. But that's what happened for me. It's not easy becoming a go, I assume. And I'm only a demigoddess. So becoming a god is probably much worse an ordeal. Maybe Hubert knows. But I dunno if he wants to talk about it. He is undead after all. Or was. I forget the painful steps he told us he went through."
The humans are tactful enough not to enquire further. Feliks has fallen asleep, lulled by the gentle motion of the cart, and Arina smiles down at him.
"Have you alvays lived here zen, m'lady?" Ilya asks, trying to keep a conversation going as he admires the scenery.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

xhunterko wrote:He then playfully elbowed Flint in the side.

"Do pickup lines work here? I needa know what I'm getting into I know back in the states they didn't really work too well Or are they more into feats of strength!." Flint flexed! As much as his body could flex...
valerio wrote:Bartholomew shrugged. "Oh, the Divinity offered me the role. In return, I get to play with the rabbits. They may be cursed, but they still have their own magic, and it is poooowerful stuff," he said that in a playfully ominous tone. "I learnt to change shape from them. And that is nothing yet!"
"Shape-shift? Could they teach me how to do that?"
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hotep the psychic wrote:Anubis smiled "If you had asked me that same thing when I first came to the island. I would have said no because my past had haunted me greatly and continued hunting me wherever I went. Beleiving that I would endanger others around me once more.......However in todays time after seeing to seek freedom from such a horror, experienceing my place in the past and bringing that back to life in the present I can promise that Kritaros and I could definately do such to the newcomers. And more. My life has been long holding and knowing the abuse to heart, My past with the shamans early in the dawns of time had helped them see to many things. with life will come new chances. tribes will rebuild as well as the Shaman Leaders schools. the island will be as prosperous as it once was....Hubert knows to heart the promise I made seeing the islands destruction in the past and being the one to live through it.....If i Didnt live to that word what kind of person would I be?" Anubis explained with solemn grace and hearty words. showing faith, honor, happiness and more in how he stood in the light of the hour. watching the distance greatly and the crowds of the tribe. various females he saw giving him blushed looks that he took notice of yet no catch towards. few he saw too eager to the pleaseing in search of proper mateship. the fox keeping his staff in hand and letting out a slow sigh.
The wolf shaman bowed. "Excellent, then get ready. Those new souls will be here sooner than you think. This island never saw so many presences of different species, a spiritual guide will make the diference, you and Kritaros shall lead them toward both a social and religious organization. And as you well know, here God is a thing. They will have a lot to assimilate."
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Okay. Vee can do zat. Dubinki, Dinara?"
"Da, dubinki." Dinara nods.
"Ve have plan. Ve will use dubinki - how you say zis in English? - like ve did during our audition. But ve have special act planned for our first show for tourists and for Mr. Spencers."
The gorilla was impressed. "Very good. Also, if we get by the first village in time, it will be late afternoon. We shall eat, take a nap and then perform for the shadows of the night, as the wolves called them. You will truly live a circus' magic, while the spirits roam the darkness. Cool, eh?"
---
Roarin wrote:"Shape-shift? Could they teach me how to do that?"
"Only if yer a rabbit or yer dead. Or if yer the Divinity of course. Lions could cast illusions to appear what them were not, but...No oth'r' livin' bein' can. Ya look cool, why would wante shapeshift?" then, just like the pup he was at heart, Bart turned to Khun. "Depends: Them wolves are all 'bout strength. Them lycaons are about heart. Them rabbits are about taste: Their idea of c'rage feat is self-mauling an' other nasty stuff."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Amber let go of the ear and gently held Avaros's paws.

"Look around you, Tricana, or should I say, Merriweather, has changed, for the better, I would argue," she said, "I know you have your priestly and temple duties here but remember you did pledge yourself to be a servant unto us. And that means something entirely different for you then it does mean to us, but since you decided to be our servant, remember that."

She paused a moment.

"It would be an honor, if you were to accompany us home for lunch and serve us a meal and spend some time with us and your daughter should she decide to come as well," she said, "AFTER you get Luke his writing implements."

"Levi, we would like you and Reginald's presence for lunch, should you be interested in a free meal," she coached carefully.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Only a couple days really," Monique said, "But I do love it, it is so beautiful isn't it?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well, well," Khun said, visibly flushed and embarrassed, "One of the best things I found out about catcalls was, they don't work on cats either! The best thing I found that worked? Starting a conversation without expecting anything from the other person. Then keep talking to them, and never stop. Well, you need to listen too of course but, that has been the best way."

Khun turned to the pup.

"That's really really good," he said, then he grinned, "Did you cover ALL of me though? I have a little secret on one hand that you may have missed. But why would a rabbit be able to shapeshift? Are they, well, quote un-qoute 'dead'?" Khun made the hand signal for that as well, unsure if whether or not the pup was caught up on the times.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monique carefully watched Kritaros.

Like usual, he was completely absorbed in his own head.

"So now what?" She asked Kritaros.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the reformed wolf city along the coast.

"Erebus," Akki said, looking about the kitchen, "Can you help me with the table? I want to move it around to see if I don't like it any other way."
Hotep the psychic

Kritaros smiled widely. Letting the staff piece vanish in a blinding flash of bright and pure light. "We search for the boas" he said with seriousness as he settled onto the stone and began to walk.

-----------

Anubis nodded and soon stood rather frozen. His gaze standing upon a wolfess that had a clear hybridity that cane with the first group. Her smooth fur seemed to dance slowly in his eyes as she worked. The many other males still looking not catching her attention. To him she was more. He shook his head to regain his focus in time to hear the shaman finish his words.

"Yes.....yes they will" he said with another nod
ImageImageImage
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

xhunterko wrote:"Levi, we would like you and Reginald's presence for lunch, should you be interested in a free meal," she coached carefully.
"Well who can say no to an offer like that," Levi replied. "I humbly accept your offer as long as Reg is in."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

valerio wrote:The gorilla was impressed. "Very good. Also, if we get by the first village in time, it will be late afternoon. We shall eat, take a nap and then perform for the shadows of the night, as the wolves called them. You will truly live a circus' magic, while the spirits roam the darkness. Cool, eh?"
"Da, very!"
"Vhy I get ze feeling you mean zis in literal sense? About ze spirits, I mean."

~~~~~~~~
xhunterko wrote:"Only a couple days really," Monique said, "But I do love it, it is so beautiful isn't it?"
"Da."
"Not as beautiful as Mat' Rossiya* but I sink it vill grow on me." Ilya grins at the bat.

*Mother Russia
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Amber let go of the ear and gently held Avaros's paws.
"Look around you, Tricana, or should I say, Merriweather, has changed, for the better, I would argue," she said, "I know you have your priestly and temple duties here but remember you did pledge yourself to be a servant unto us. And that means something entirely different for you then it does mean to us, but since you decided to be our servant, remember that."
She paused a moment.
"It would be an honor, if you were to accompany us home for lunch and serve us a meal and spend some time with us and your daughter should she decide to come as well," she said, "AFTER you get Luke his writing implements."
"Levi, we would like you and Reginald's presence for lunch, should you be interested in a free meal," she coached carefully.
"Everything you need is in your own rooms, if you wished to work with some privacy...but I'll have them delivered here if you want to, my lady. And thank you for your invitation, I will try ament for this..mistake."
xhunterko wrote:Khun turned to the pup.
"That's really really good," he said, then he grinned, "Did you cover ALL of me though? I have a little secret on one hand that you may have missed. But why would a rabbit be able to shapeshift? Are they, well, quote un-qoute 'dead'?" Khun made the hand signal for that as well, unsure if whether or not the pup was caught up on the times.
Bart chuckled. "Oh, no, dead means being like me. A ghost. But them rabbitse, oh they're so alive and all."
---
xhunterko wrote:In the reformed wolf city along the coast.
"Erebus," Akki said, looking about the kitchen, "Can you help me with the table? I want to move it around to see if I don't like it any other way."
A flicker of the hand, and the table...disappeared within a roaring flash of light, before reappiring in another position by the same phenomenon. "A simple bilocation spell, my love. Nothing to worry about. Is that...better?"
---
Hotep the psychic wrote:Anubis nodded and soon stood rather frozen. His gaze standing upon a wolfess that had a clear hybridity that cane with the first group. Her smooth fur seemed to dance slowly in his eyes as she worked. The many other males still looking not catching her attention. To him she was more. He shook his head to regain his focus in time to hear the shaman finish his words.
"Yes.....yes they will" he said with another nod
"Ahh, but I see you have other priorities now. Well, I will leave you to your own devices. Come back to the central temple whenever you feel ready."
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Da, very!"
"Vhy I get ze feeling you mean zis in literal sense? About ze spirits, I mean."
"Because I mean it: every native tribe specializes in a branch of magic. The wolves work with the spiritual magic that comes from the realms of the departed.
Once, it was a bipolar magic, influenced by the heavens and the stygean abysses...but since after the war, the survivors turned to the darkness. Their villages are protected by powerful necromantic spells, and the restless souls from the netherworld give them strength.
"But that doesn't make them 'evil' or something, they just are more...gloomy. Ok, basically hostile to strangers," she added after the fox coughed discreetly. "But they respect Spencers and the circurs. They have their own rules, but they can appreciate a good show, they just want to make sure their dead can get their fun as well. You must only...get used to it. you know, like in RPG, just with some real-life elements."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

valerio wrote:"Only if yer a rabbit or yer dead. Or if yer the Divinity of course. Lions could cast illusions to appear what them were not, but...No oth'r' livin' bein' can. Ya look cool, why would wante shapeshift?"
"To look even cooler! Extra muscle doesn't hurt sometimes. Being able to change shape means I can adapt to any situation. Oh! And I could probably change into something that flies too huh? That'd be awesome..."
xhunterko wrote:"Well, well," Khun said, visibly flushed and embarrassed, "One of the best things I found out about catcalls was, they don't work on cats either! The best thing I found that worked? Starting a conversation without expecting anything from the other person. Then keep talking to them, and never stop. Well, you need to listen too of course but, that has been the best way."
Flint raised an eyebrow. "So... you just talk to them for the sake of what... just talking?" The dog made a soft grunt that voiced how strange a concept that was to him before scratching the side of his chin.

Ref Ref!
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Luke, having found what he needed thanks to Monique, and placed them in a small bag, placed a paw on Avaros's shoulder from behind.

"As much as we would like your company today, Avaros, we ARE aware that you have several duties at the temple. Should you, however, change your mind and decide to leave with us for an afternoon meal now, we would greatly appreciate you and your daughter's company," Luke said, looking over at Amber, who sighed in defeat. She turned to Levi.

"Yes, of course the pup is most welcome," she said.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Khun nodded.

"Yep. Talking reveals things. Sometimes secrets between close friends or lovers. It keeps you in the mind of a person. Your words stick with them, if you've given them a good time, they'll want to stick around you more, and maybe, turn your relationship into more," Khun said, letting out a happy sigh.

"But again, NOTHING is going to happen without that first, bumbling, mumbling, stuttering, shaky, albeit memorable, hello," Khun said, "Oh, hello, here's the exit, see what talking does? Heh."

"Oh, word from an older dog who's tried it: 'Looking cooler' never works either," Khun said with a smile.

"I guess those rabbits are tricky to deal with, heh," Khun said to Bart, then he turned to the ghost pup, "I take it, you can't follow us up can you?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You know, they're not that hard to find," Monique said to Kritaros, "One of my copies upside just talked to one. They might even still be in the same area."
"Of course she will, she grows on everyone eventually," Monique said, looking up to the trees.

"Where are we headed again?" Monique queries.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

xhunterko wrote:Luke, having found what he needed thanks to Monique, and placed them in a small bag, placed a paw on Avaros's shoulder from behind.

"As much as we would like your company today, Avaros, we ARE aware that you have several duties at the temple. Should you, however, change your mind and decide to leave with us for an afternoon meal now, we would greatly appreciate you and your daughter's company," Luke said, looking over at Amber, who sighed in defeat. She turned to Levi.

"Oh, no, I figured that," Levi clarified. "I meant if he wants to go."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The two humans glance at each other and then Ilya laughs.
"I sink ve have forgotten! But is such a nice day zat ve vill just relax and go vherever our trusty steed vants take us."
"Da. Is perfect day for riding." Arina agrees.

~~~~~~~~
"Okay... Ve vill try." Sasha says, a little unsure as to what he's getting them into.
"Vill spirits interfere viz show?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Roarin wrote:"To look even cooler! Extra muscle doesn't hurt sometimes. Being able to change shape means I can adapt to any situation. Oh! And I could probably change into something that flies too huh? That'd be awesome..."
xhunterko wrote:Khun nodded.
"Yep. Talking reveals things. Sometimes secrets between close friends or lovers. It keeps you in the mind of a person. Your words stick with them, if you've given them a good time, they'll want to stick around you more, and maybe, turn your relationship into more," Khun said, letting out a happy sigh.
"But again, NOTHING is going to happen without that first, bumbling, mumbling, stuttering, shaky, albeit memorable, hello," Khun said, "Oh, hello, here's the exit, see what talking does? Heh."
"Oh, word from an older dog who's tried it: 'Looking cooler' never works either," Khun said with a smile.
"I guess those rabbits are tricky to deal with, heh," Khun said to Bart, then he turned to the ghost pup, "I take it, you can't follow us up can you?"
Bart shook his head. "I can not righty. But, Flint, if ya really wanted t'try it, them rabbitse can be of help. They got da most powerfule magic. But if ya want t'meet them, ya want t'stay down here for a while. Deal?"
---
xhunterko wrote:Luke, having found what he needed thanks to Monique, and placed them in a small bag, placed a paw on Avaros's shoulder from behind.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Oh, no, I figured that," Levi clarified. "I meant if he wants to go."
The lion smiled, grateful. He really liked the different approaches of this couple, it meant that their politics would be far more open-minded than they thought now. "It is more than 'company', Milord, Milady. Our customs dictated that the Mating Couple, or alpha couple as the wolves say, prove their, err, worth in front of the rest of the pride. Though intimacy is quite respected, the first night is literally spent in public, from the socialities to...the rest. Only the first night, of course, after that the other families are aware of the strength and genuinity of your bond. That is why the first thing that came natural to me was to set up a banquet with the other most important families from the Tribes." He turned to Amber. "But I recognize my mistake, for thinking that throughout the millennia this habit would not only survive, but also be transmitted to another race. I bear the shame of my assumption. And I will make sure you all," he looked ad Rajida as well, "can enjoy this night all for yourselves, in your manner of liking. Which means, Levi..."
The pup's ears drooped. "Aw, b-but..."
The lion grabbed him by the scruff and put him again back on his mane. "No 'buts'. Zilnawa is a big place to visit, I am sure you will have many other and fun things to do and people to meet. And I will put up a lightshow only for you. Deal?"
The puppy wagged his tail in a frenzy. "Deal!"
xhunterko wrote:"Of course she will, she grows on everyone eventually," Monique said, looking up to the trees.
"Where are we headed again?" Monique queries.
Hlaoroo wrote:The two humans glance at each other and then Ilya laughs.
"I sink ve have forgotten! But is such a nice day zat ve vill just relax and go vherever our trusty steed vants take us."
"Da. Is perfect day for riding." Arina agrees.
Jade pointed in a generic direction. "We're heading to the Sky Lakes Region, one of our main natural attractions. Their waters are so crystalline, they look as if the sky had taken place on earth. Humans find them very soothing a place."
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Okay... Ve vill try." Sasha says, a little unsure as to what he's getting them into.
"Vill spirits interfere viz show?"
[/quote]
"'interfere' is not the proper word," said the white tiger, "but they will surely take part in the show. Though they know they cannot harm any of us, or the Divinity will show them a thing or two that is worse than being dead. Play well your cards, kits, and your fire show will become 200% more awesome. Them wolves LOVE fire shows."
Hotep the psychic

Kritaros looked to monique with an eyebrow raised and hummed. "I highly doubt that. you and your copies finding what is possibly dead. And lost to time. The boas i speak of are ancient and most likely and endagered species. There not your everyday boa constrictors you can find everywhere." kritaros explained as he looks to monique with an annoyed look that showed that her ability to do so much without actively going anywhere herself was disapointing and annoying.

--------------------

Anubis nodded to the wolf he spoke to with an attentive nod. He knew much more was to come. However the sight before him had instincts saying otherwise as he made his way to the hybrid wolfess
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ooh. Zis sounds lovely! I can't vait to see!"
"I am curious. Do your people have legends or stories of how zis island and zese lakes came to be? I vould like to hear some of ze folklore, if it is allowed to be told. I know some tribes like to keep zeir old stories and knowledge private..."

~~~~~~~~
"Take part? Do you have any idea of vhat zey vill do?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hotep the psychic wrote:Anubis nodded to the wolf he spoke to with an attentive nod. He knew much more was to come. However the sight before him had instincts saying otherwise as he made his way to the hybrid wolfess
"Lord Anubis," said a female. Like the others of her native blood, she appeared thin, but her frame was undoubtedly like live-wire, strong, sporting its own tattoo pattern. "What can we do for you?"
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Ooh. Zis sounds lovely! I can't vait to see!"
"I am curious. Do your people have legends or stories of how zis island and zese lakes came to be? I vould like to hear some of ze folklore, if it is allowed to be told. I know some tribes like to keep zeir old stories and knowledge private..."
Jada nodded. "Oh, we love to share our folklore.
"Legends say this island was but a barren, fiery desert when it was born. The divinity gave it existence but left it lifeless for eons over eons. Do you see the volcano? It is the tallest in the world, a sign of the divinity's power. It worked as a beacon for the seafarers, but it also was a warning not to come close to the island, for its fury would have consumed the overconfident ones. It is said that in its first incarnation, Tricana had another, forbidden name and was the prison on Earth of the most wicked of souls.
"But then, one day, the divinity heard the pleas of our ancestors, their sufference under the humans' thumb in the realm of Egypt. And he was moved, and he decided that the prison could become a sanctuary. And so he separated the realms of the living and the underworld, leaving the titanoboas to take care of guarding the gates to the netherworld. The surface of the island, the divinity turned into what you see today, and he spoke to our ancestors and promised them this land for them to colonize.
"As a ward of his promise, before completing his work, he let loose a swarm of falling stars, and their impacts created the lakes. It is said that only a few, pure souls can see through the perfect reflections in the water and open the way to the upper realms for us mortals to get in touch with the heavens.
"those souls belonged to the wolves, they had the power to speak to the skyes and and to the abyss..." she sighed
Jade said, "With the tribal war, wolves lost that power, their purity fell to avidity and cruelty. They entanglend their souls with the netherworlds, and those very few who still had the gift of purity had to stay hidden or be slain. And now, only now that Zilnawa is back, the pure ones are allowed among us to help us amend the sins of our past generations. The ones living in their villages must truly repent or join forever the netherworld, this time with no one to keep up the tradition: so the divinity spoke, and so it will be."
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Take part? Do you have any idea of vhat zey vill do?"
The tiger shrugged. "Let's just say that...you'll discover a whole new dimension of 'playing with fire'. Just don't let them scare you: They thrive on fear. Be their lead, don't follow theirs, and you'll be the stars of the show. We never had firedancers in our circus."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:The lion smiled, grateful. He really liked the different approaches of this couple, it meant that their politics would be far more open-minded than they thought now. "It is more than 'company', Milord, Milady. Our customs dictated that the Mating Couple, or alpha couple as the wolves say, prove their, err, worth in front of the rest of the pride. Though intimacy is quite respected, the first night is literally spent in public, from the socialities to...the rest. Only the first night, of course, after that the other families are aware of the strength and genuinity of your bond. That is why the first thing that came natural to me was to set up a banquet with the other most important families from the Tribes." He turned to Amber. "But I recognize my mistake, for thinking that throughout the millennia this habit would not only survive, but also be transmitted to another race. I bear the shame of my assumption. And I will make sure you all," he looked ad Rajida as well, "can enjoy this night all for yourselves, in your manner of liking. Which means, Levi..."
The pup's ears drooped. "Aw, b-but..."
The lion grabbed him by the scruff and put him again back on his mane. "No 'buts'. Zilnawa is a big place to visit, I am sure you will have many other and fun things to do and people to meet. And I will put up a lightshow only for you. Deal?"
The puppy wagged his tail in a frenzy. "Deal!"
"Well then, looks like we're out, your friend bribed my pup to drag me away."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Vhat vas tribal var? Did it affect ozzer animals or just volves?" Ilya asks as Arina gives Feliks his pacifier.
"Who is divinity? Is god like you, m'lady?"

~~~~~~~~
"Okay. I vill try. Vun vay or anozzer zis vill be very interesting." Sasha grins.
"Vhen do ve leave?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Vhat vas tribal var? Did it affect ozzer animals or just volves?" Ilya asks as Arina gives Feliks his pacifier.
"Who is divinity? Is god like you, m'lady?"
"Oh, sorry. We tend to forget it's not a known event outside the island."
"The war", Jada explained, "involved all tribes. It happened because we reproduced, ate up space and resources. We ended up eating each other. It was in this occasion that the lions tried to overcome everybody else and were banished by the divinity. Rabbits fell victims of a curse."
"Wolves would have fared better," Jade said, "but then humans came. Your species too was plunged into a global war and Tricana was occupied as military settlement during your 'Atlantic War'. Wolves fought them but in their state, they stood no chance against your numbers and weapons."
"When an agreement of peace was reached, it was so few of us, and the island became a human property. Until Mr. Spencers bought it back from its Queen Eluzabeth."
~~~~~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote:"Okay. I vill try. Vun vay or anozzer zis vill be very interesting." Sasha grins.
"Vhen do ve leave?"
"We are leaving now. Cells work, so you can call your humans anytime. ALL ABOARD!"
Their group was the last to enter what used to be a military hangar, where a line of three horse-pulled carriages was waiting. All draft horses were as black and glossy as pure onyx, their manes a dash of snow-white. There were four horses for each carriage, and each carriage could transport a group like the gorilla's with room to spare."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Really?! Learning magic would be somethin else!” The canine grinned, opening his mouth to offer a quick agreement, before catching the eye of Khun in his peripheral vision. “Ah... I mean.” He scratches the side of his muzzle. “I would love to but umm, I think maybe I should go back to the surface?” He turned to look at his adventuring companion now, his sentence turning into a question by the end of it.

Khun has come far in earning Flint’s respect, and now the thieving dog was turning to him with child-like puppydog eyes for permission.

Ref Ref!
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Ooc: I'm assuming Raijda is back from exploring.

Amber sighed.

"Oh all right, some other time perhaps, Levi," she said, bowing, to the three in turn, "If you'll excuse us. Shaman, Master Teacher." The last, she bowed to Koros.

Luke got in front of and bowed to Avaros as well. Then to Koros.

"Perhaps we will ponder that particular ceremony for some other time, good day to you," Luke said, "Thank you for visiting with us today." He then took Raijda's and Amber's hands in his own, with himself between them, and walked them out of the temple.

"So, ladies, since were minus guests, which horse would either you like?" He asked. Amber sighed.

"Well, I would like to take the mare, if Raijda would ride with me," she said, with the group getting to the bottom of the steps.

Although, Avaros, keep that ceremony in mind, I might be able to turn Amber around on it. Luke thought to him.

Lady Monique, did you... Luke went to ask her.

I did chieftain. Certain times and places call for certain special requests, I am more than happy to have obliged. She thought to him.

Lord Hubert bless thee. He thought back to her.
Khun paused at the entrance, stretching out a paw pointing it up the stairs.

"After you left tenant," he said with a warm smile, being fairly proud of the other dog.
Monique sighed.

She then played the hologram of a memory of just a few minutes ago in front of them. Of her in the horse drawn cart with Ilya and Arina. With Arina fainting due to the fact that.

Bigby, the giant, ancient, titan boa was in front of their cart.

"I dunno Bigby LOOKS like an ancient titan boa to me, unless there's some different groups of titan boas," Monique said, "Are there or is there only one group?"
Akki's eyes went wide, then saddened. THEN she got a tad upset. She crossed her arms and turned her back to him.

"HMPH, too good to lift it together WITH me I see?" Akki asked.
"I love these stories," Monique said, "Each culture has their own unique spin on things. That'll be neat to see! The divinity of this island is Lord Hubert himself. He is QUITE unlike me, he did, after all, give me the power I now have."
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Amber sighed.
"Oh all right, some other time perhaps, Levi," she said, bowing, to the three in turn, "If you'll excuse us. Shaman, Master Teacher." The last, she bowed to Koros.
Luke got in front of and bowed to Avaros as well. Then to Koros.
"Perhaps we will ponder that particular ceremony for some other time, good day to you," Luke said, "Thank you for visiting with us today." He then took Raijda's and Amber's hands in his own, with himself between them, and walked them out of the temple.
"So, ladies, since were minus guests, which horse would either you like?" He asked. Amber sighed.
"Well, I would like to take the mare, if Raijda would ride with me," she said, with the group getting to the bottom of the steps.
Although, Avaros, keep that ceremony in mind, I might be able to turn Amber around on it. Luke thought to him.
Lady Monique, did you... Luke went to ask her.
I did chieftain. Certain times and places call for certain special requests, I am more than happy to have obliged. She thought to him.
Lord Hubert bless thee. He thought back to her.
Rajida shrugged. "You and I, my wife, could ask Boomer to do the favor. Our husband could join Botticelli, since they established a good connection."
Avaros and Koros watched them go. The majestic lion sighed. "Kittens, these days."
Koros smirked. "Are you making plans for them already?"
"You know me well, daughter. I don't want our basest mistakes be repeated in this time, but it's just right that the true glory of Zilnawa is not forgotten"
xhunterko wrote:Akki's eyes went wide, then saddened. THEN she got a tad upset. She crossed her arms and turned her back to him.
"HMPH, too good to lift it together WITH me I see?" Akki asked.
The wolf shaman's muzzle went even a depper shade of red with embarrassment. "Ah, guess I still get used to do...things, together. Here." Another flicker, and the object was pack in its former position. "I beg your forgiveness. Now I am ready to work *with* you."[/quote]
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"What about horses, Orson? Ver zey in var too?"
"Is Lord Hubert a bat like you?"

~~~~~~~~
The cats have both worked with horses in the circus before but they've never seen equines the like of those they stand before now.
"Ooh! Zey are so beautiful!" Dinara all but squeals.
"So big, too!" Sasha observes as he climbs into his appointed carriage with Dinara.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"What about horses, Orson? Ver zey in var too?"
"Is Lord Hubert a bat like you?"
"No they weren't, because there weren't horses. We are not a native species, that is.
"But when humans came, they brought their strongest breeds from Russia and US to hasten reconstruction from the Tribal Wars, to settle faster and help the natives. Our breed was born here, it is unique," he added with a touch of pride.
She blushed in the cutiest way at the question. Sometims I wish... she thought to herself, then, "Oh, no! Lord Hubert is...well, quite fare more spectacular than you could imagine. And I guess he likes to show that off sometimes, but if you just ask him, he'll manifest to you in a more...manageable form. He likes to interact with mortals, you know."
~~~~~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote:The cats have both worked with horses in the circus before but they've never seen equines the like of those they stand before now.
"Ooh! Zey are so beautiful!" Dinara all but squeals.
"So big, too!" Sasha observes as he climbs into his appointed carriage with Dinara.
A few moments later, the caravan started with the least creaking sounds from the wood and the deep rhythmic clopping of the majestic creatures. "You bet it, they are the result of an accurate breeding from the humans. They took their strongest workbeasts so that they could help rebuild the mess of the wars, including their own. I'd say it worked."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ah. I see. You are definitely unique. I have work viz horses in circus before but I have not seen anysing like you. You are big and strong and you have good lines."
"How do ve ask him? Do ve have to pray or somesing?"

~~~~~~~~
"Da, for sure. Carriages are vell made too." Sasha says approvingly as he runs a paw over the woodwork.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Ah. I see. You are definitely unique. I have work viz horses in circus before but I have not seen anysing like you. You are big and strong and you have good lines."
"How do ve ask him? Do ve have to pray or somesing?"
"Thank you, Sir. Several brethren work in our circus, I hope you can meet them. They are of a variety called Onyx Pearl. I am a Gold Sun, myself."
Monique giggled. "No, ma'm. Since I perceive no mock in your question, you just ask him to come. Just be polite."
~~~~~~~~
"Da, for sure. Carriages are vell made too." Sasha says approvingly as he runs a paw over the woodwork.[/quote]
"Like it? We built them up with our hands and paws...LOKI!" the gorilla turned toward the fox who had done the card trick earlier.
This time, he was showing a couple of sharp needles to the cats. "Wanna see a trick that will blow your minds?" He asked with a grin
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"How many variety are there? And how many of you all together?" Ilya asks.
"Hmm..." Arina looks around and then, feeling equal parts nervous and silly, calls out into the passing shrubbery.
"Lord Hubert? If you can hearing me, I vould like to meet you. If you are not too busy and if is not too much trouble."

~~~~~~~~
"Da. Is very impressive vorkmanship!" Sasha nods.
Dinara eyes the needles nervously.
"Are you going to eat zose?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"How many variety are there? And how many of you all together?" Ilya asks.
"There are the Golden Suns, the Onyx Pearls, the Silver Streaks and the more numerous Chestnut Oxen. According to the more recent legends, each breed is closer to a given tribe. The Golden belong to the new cat tribe, the Onyx to the wolves, the Chestnut to the Lycaons, and the Silver to the rabbits, but so far no tribe really claimed us. I guess something will happen once the natives will have settled for good back in Zilnawa."
Hlaoroo wrote:"Hmm..." Arina looks around and then, feeling equal parts nervous and silly, calls out into the passing shrubbery.
"Lord Hubert? If you can hearing me, I vould like to meet you. If you are not too busy and if is not too much trouble."
In response, a blue flame appeared in front of the humans. it was small and cold, and hovered in front of the humans...before taking the shape of a tiny blue dragon.
The creature rested on the shoulder of Ilya. When he spoke, he did it so with a gentle and soothing voice that was almost music. "Welcome to Tricana, or Meriweather Isalnd. I am Hubert. God protector of this island."
~~~~~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote:"Da. Is very impressive vorkmanship!" Sasha nods.
Dinara eyes the needles nervously.
"Are you going to eat zose?"
"Yes, we also make toys...for those who asks..." the gorilla tried to change subject, knowing it was hopeless. Note to self: try and make a coat out of Loki, even if he could probably trick himself out of that as well...
Loki made a scandalized expression. "Moi? Eat them? No, what a waste of good metal. I use them to fix my headaches or just to relax during a travel. Like this, see?" He produced a hammer from behind his back, he put the nail on his brow right over his eyebrow and then *SLAM!*med said nail into his flesh!
Loki massaged his temple near the point he had just...nailed. "Ahh, better. Now just the other..." And placed the second nail over his other eyebrow. ANd *SLAM!* went the hammer. "Hmmm, just what the doctor ordered."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Vhat is significance of Zilnawa? Everyone is talking as zough it has been zere for many years."

<"Ty drakon!">* Arina blurts in shock before remembering her manners and bowing as best she can with a baby in her arms.
"Is an honour to meet you, my Lord. Sank you for coming. I know you must be busy."

*Ty drakon! = You are a dragon!

~~~~~~~~
Dinara gasps and claps her paws to her muzzle, muffling a shocked squeak. Sasha on the other hand bursts out laughing. Neither cat has ever seen anything like this.
"Zat is so cool! You can teach me?"
"How you are not dead?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Vhat is significance of Zilnawa? Everyone is talking as zough it has been zere for many years."
<"Ty drakon!">* Arina blurts in shock before remembering her manners and bowing as best she can with a baby in her arms.
"Is an honour to meet you, my Lord. Sank you for coming. I know you must be busy."
"Zilnawa means 'Home to the Soul", Orson answered. "It was built by the very first natives, back when they were immigrants from the Egypt of the Early Pharaohs. They had worked as slaves and engineers and they had learnt abuot building. With that knowledge and the powers granted by they deity, they gave existence to what you see today. It exists, indeed, by millennia." And then, Hubert appeared.
"Milord," The golden horse aknowledged with a bow of his head.
"I am pleased to meet a new life-bearer, mortal. What can I do for you?" His voice was musical and delicate. He surely did not much to appear and talk like a god.
~~~~~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote:Dinara gasps and claps her paws to her muzzle, muffling a shocked squeak. Sasha on the other hand bursts out laughing. Neither cat has ever seen anything like this.
"Zat is so cool! You can teach me?"
"How you are not dead?"
"I may teach you...And the reason I am not dead is..." He put his fingers against the inner corners of his eyes, his claws curved as if plucking at something... And then, with a deft gesture *extracted* those nails from his eyes! "See? I can remove them!"
---
Botticelli and Boomer stopped right on their tracks, as if they were toys that suddenly lost power.
Their eyes were wide with stupor, and when she spoke, Boomer was almost hesitant "Chieftains, please tell me you heard it too." Not that she really needed a confirmation, as every native, much to the surprise of the humans, was now kneeling down in reverence, arms crossed over their chests, palms touching shoudlers
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Scratching the back of his head the canine gave the ghost a wry smirk. “I suppose another time then? Guess I’ll stick to card tricks for now. Maybe me and you could do a trading thing! I teach you something, you teach me!”

As Flint began walking to the stairs he pulled a playing card seemingly from inside his ear, before making it disappear... somewhere with a flick of his hand. “Maybe the rabbits would be interested? Rabbits like magic tricks right?” He glances over at Khun with a raised eyebrow.

Ref Ref!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote: Avaros and Koros watched them go. The majestic lion sighed. "Kittens, these days."
Koros smirked. "Are you making plans for them already?"
"You know me well, daughter. I don't want our basest mistakes be repeated in this time, but it's just right that the true glory of Zilnawa is not forgotten"
"So about that light show?" Levi said to the two lions. "or is that coming later?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Vell, uh... I just sought it vould be nice to meet you. Jade and Jada and Lady Monique spoke highly of you." Arina says, indicating her canine companions.
"And I suppose I vanted to see if you vere real too." she blushes.
"I must admit I did sink you vould be somevhat bigger." the human admits.
"Sorry to bozzer you or if I am rude."

Ilya also bows to the dragon politely, but keeps out of the conversation.

~~~~~~~~
If it were possible, Dinara would have turned even more pale. She has to swallow to stop herself feeling sick. This only makes Sasha laugh harder.
"Bravo!" he claps.
"You are crazy!" Dinara exclaims when she feels able to talk.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Roarin wrote:Scratching the back of his head the canine gave the ghost a wry smirk. “I suppose another time then? Guess I’ll stick to card tricks for now. Maybe me and you could do a trading thing! I teach you something, you teach me!”
As Flint began walking to the stairs he pulled a playing card seemingly from inside his ear, before making it disappear... somewhere with a flick of his hand. “Maybe the rabbits would be interested? Rabbits like magic tricks right?” He glances over at Khun with a raised eyebrow.
"More like 'reality warping', Bart answered. "Wid dat carde, they could d'tricks that's churn yer stomach, he--" Then the ghost suddenly stopped. He looked...funny, to come up with a word. His eyes kept darting here and there as if there was something only he could see. "...Kinnabelieveit..." he muttered.
---
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"So about that light show?" Levi said to the two lions. "or is that coming later?"
"We will reserve it for tomorrow evening, to properly celebrate--" Avaros stopped in mid-sentence. He looked astonished, positively astonished. "Daughter..?" he muttered.
Koros nodded, hesitantly, as if afraid to aknowledge the truth. "It happened. It really happened... The Bond is whole once again."
"Justice will be served once again," Avaros said, in slow breaths...until he smiled. A smile that became a grin.
A grin that turned into a roar of glorious triumph "So be it! We are Masters of our Destiny! The Realms are with us!" He raised his massive paws, and a comet of pure light erupted, straight toward the sky!
A moment later, that ball of light exploded and turned the day sky into a whole new starfield that slowly descended toward the island...
--
Hlaoroo wrote:"Vell, uh... I just sought it vould be nice to meet you. Jade and Jada and Lady Monique spoke highly of you." Arina says, indicating her canine companions.
"And I suppose I vanted to see if you vere real too." she blushes.
"I must admit I did sink you vould be somevhat bigger." the human admits.
"Sorry to bozzer you or if I am rude."
Ilya also bows to the dragon politely, but keeps out of the conversation.
"I can be as big as you wish, mortal, but I am aware of your...wariness toward the reptilian kind. This shape of mine is the one most mortals are more comfortable with."
Orson's ears flickered with interest. "My Lord, have thou just performed a miracle mayhap?"
Then came the light and a blue sky turned into a magnificent starfield.
"Perhaps 'miracle' is too big a word, my child. I just restored what was lost. The true miracle was the work of two good wolves who put their faith in me, mind and body. I only offered a due reward."
---
Hlaoroo wrote:If it were possible, Dinara would have turned even more pale. She has to swallow to stop herself feeling sick. This only makes Sasha laugh harder.
"Bravo!" he claps.
"You are crazy!" Dinara exclaims when she feels able to talk.
Loki flicked a paw in a false modesty gesture. "Nah, just years of practice. Once again I did nothing that ain't physically--erk!" the carriage stopped at that precise moment, with no forewarning, and Loki ended up buyring his muzzle into Dinara's chest.
The gorilla huffed and leaned out of the window. "Hey, guys! What happened no--oh!"
The sky was filled with stars.
"Did you hear that?" asked one of the horses.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The two humans are impressed.
"Woooooow!"
"Vhat is zis?"
Feliks just stares owlishly and uncomprehendingly at the pretty lights as he sucks his pacifier.

~~~~~~~~
Dinara blushes as the fox ends up on top of him and awkwardly tries to extricate him from her fur. Neither cat can see out the window past the gorilla.
"Vhat is happening? Vhy did ve stop?" Sasha queries.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters