Reply to topic  [ 2330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 59  Next
Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope 
Author Message
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 1856
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
The onslaught was beginning to thin, with the bulk of them taken out in either the twins' kill-zone or impaled on Kolt's shield or fried by Jenny's grenade. Their reinforcements were choked off by Kol, who's axe staff tore them apart as they entered the arena. the remaining robots closed in on the shield, climbing it using the spikes and impaled droids in a final attempt at breaking through. They coated the shield on all sides and started pounding at it with all of their strength.

-----------------------

In the hospital, Hivemind spoke up. "I think I speak for all of us when I say I'm glad you are getting better, Randy."

"...but you have to leave?" Randy said, guessing what was next.

"Yes. The Doctor is about to come in to give you your next treatment and she wants us out. Plus, we need to get down to the training grounds if we're going to get enough training in before we get to Cana." the droid said, nodding.

"Darn. I was hoping you'd stay longer. Oh well."
"I'm staying though. The doctor appreciates my help."
Randy gave Morgan a smile.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!


Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:00 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3715
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Ulrich grinned as he prepared to leave the hospital room, "I will make sure to bring something a little more good tasting than this hospital food the next time I stop by. I am not sure if the doctor would like it, but if you will not say anything, then I will not."

_________________
Yukon - RiVa | Colorado Vanderbilt - SH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - AC


Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:39 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 2792
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
As the drones started pounding on the forcefield, Kolt grew more spikes to stop them, though it was obvious that this was only a temporary measure. ”I’m about to start the drilling. Anyone who plans on covering me, now’s your time.” He radioed to the others before pulling the artificial man close and thrusting his arm towards the ceiling. A drill slowly began to form just above his fist, and quickly began to spin and dig into the stone. Kolt slowly lifted the two of them into the air, until the drill took them out the other side of the bridge, then he quickly sped up and took them into the air. Once he was sure the drones couldn’t reach them, he stopped, and left him and the civilian floating in mid air.

_________________
"Oh! Giegue! I loved him... I loved him, as if he was my own child... He was always wagging his tail... just like a pup... except for when I tried to sing him lullabies...“


Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:49 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1116
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana gave a chuckle, also getting ready to leave, "I'll help ya sneak something in."

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:51 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 1856
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Deske Wrote:
Ulrich grinned as he prepared to leave the hospital room, "I will make sure to bring something a little more good tasting than this hospital food the next time I stop by. I am not sure if the doctor would like it, but if you will not say anything, then I will not."

Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Tatiana gave a chuckle, also getting ready to leave, "I'll help ya sneak something in."


Randy smiled, but shook his head. "I appreciate it, but I'm going to be out of here later today. The doctor is going to be giving me my last treatment before I'm released soon."

"We should probably go before she throws us out." Hivemind said. "See you later, Randy."

"Bye, everyone."
"Good luck with training!"

Randy and Morgan waved goodbye to the group as they left. When they got out of the hospital and entered Champion Tower again, Hivemind addressed the group. "All right. Anyone going directly to equipment and training, keep following me. Tatiana, if you want your gun repaired, follow that me." He said, pointing to a separate droid that was waving at them.

Once they split, the first droid lead them down to the armory so they could pick out their own custom armor and equipment before the next round of training. The second droid led Tatiana to the forge, where the odd table sat quietly.

---------------------------

"All right. Everyone, pick out what weapons and armor you want to try. You can switch to something else between rounds." He said to the group before turning to Jaken. "Jaken, normally I wouldn't let someone your age into the training arena. However, you've seen a great deal already. Also, with Celican hunters after you, you should learn how to fight. That being said..." He pulls a small device from the melee weapons stands and handed it to the kit. "This is a training sword. I don't want you handling a real weapon, especially since most of them would be too big for you to use anyway. This only works in the arena, where it will take the illusory form of an energy blade."

---------------------------

"Alright, Tatiana. I've got your sniper core here." Hivemind said when they got to the forge. He placed the core on the grid surface of the device.

Instantly, the forge came to life. The grid pattern on both the table and the "lid" lit up and the mechanical arms started moving. The sniper core levitated in the space between the two parts of the forge. A holographic wireframe shape of the original sniper rifle appeared around the core and the arms moved in. They started spraying a kind of mist into the area that was somehow attracted to the core.

"The programmable matter will recreate the original sniper rifle based on my memory. Once it hardens, I won't be able to reprogram it. I'd have to take it apart to make any changes. Are there any features you want included?"

---------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
As the drones started pounding on the forcefield, Kolt grew more spikes to stop them, though it was obvious that this was only a temporary measure. ”I’m about to start the drilling. Anyone who plans on covering me, now’s your time.” He radioed to the others before pulling the artificial man close and thrusting his arm towards the ceiling. A drill slowly began to form just above his fist, and quickly began to spin and dig into the stone. Kolt slowly lifted the two of them into the air, until the drill took them out the other side of the bridge, then he quickly sped up and took them into the air. Once he was sure the drones couldn’t reach them, he stopped, and left him and the civilian floating in mid air.


As soon as Kolt dug through the natural bridge, the androids moved on top of it and made use of their numbers. They gathered together and started climbing on top of each other, making a tower out of their bodies to try to reach Kolt and the civilian...

when the bridge broke, sending the tower crashing down and crushing the remaining androids under their own weight.

"Round one is over. Round two will start soon. If you want to switch equipment, now is your chance to do so." Hivemind said over the intercom as the broken robots as well as the civilian vanished. The arena shimmered and reset, returning to it's previous state.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!


Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:00 pm
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9224
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Jenny kept up precision fire, crashing droid after droid before the break after reasoning the mindless had no interest in her.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jaken ran his hands over the swordand tried to imagine it being of any use. "Cool," he bluffed before looking for the best armour to wear.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:31 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3715
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Ulrich began browsing the armory as soon as they got there, not so much that he was interested in the weapons as he was just trying to kill time until the next round. He hadn't ever shot a gun before either. The one time the bakery had been robbed he just came out of the back brandishing a large cake spatula and a rolling pin and the criminals had run off, not before he'd given them a solid whack with the spatula though. He kept browsing until he found an interesting item, this time a sword, gave it a few test swings and put it back.

_________________
Yukon - RiVa | Colorado Vanderbilt - SH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - AC


Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:03 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 2792
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
”I’ll be honest. If they had gotten any closer, the only thing I would’ve done would be to move about ten meters to the right.” Kolt said, floating down to the ground as the man in his arms disappeared. ”Anyways, I’m thinking I’m going to let Quint do this next round. I kinda wanna see what that suit mode Mythos made for him looks like.” He tapped a few buttons on his gauntlet, then scrolled through the options on the holographic display. ”Let’s see. Hazmat, Swimsuit, Deep Sea, Deep Space, ah here it is, Arsenal Mode.” He tapped the icon on the display, and watched as his suit slowly changed. Armor slowly grow all over his suit, as what originally felt like spandex slowly altered to become metal. Weapons grew all over the armor, ranging from shoulder cannons to finger tasers to what Kolt was pretty sure was some kind of deployable foot daggers. Finally, a large set of wings grew out of his back, with multiple thrusters aligned across the back, and more weapons aligned across the front. All in all, the suit was practically unrecognizable once the changes were completely, with only the color scheme remaining unchanged. As Kolt looked over his (technically Quint’s) new suit mode, it was very evident that he was rather confused. ”Okay, I know this is meant to help Quint accommodate for the fact that he can’t use my powers, but this amount of weaponry is ridiculous! What possible purpose could elbow blades and a forehead blaster serve?”

—MEANWHILE—

”HURGK GLEH KAKK!!” Liz coughed as she came to, spitting out some kind of red liquid she was too disoriented to identify. Her mind was clouded with pain, and she could barely understand what was going on around her. Still, she struggled to try and listen to what the people around her were saying.
”-ell if we can send out a distress signal, WE SHOULD SEND ONE. Our engines either offline or missing, we can’t make contact with at least half the ship, including the medbay, so we can’t deal with the seven people in this room alone who’ve been hurt or killed by all this debris, one of whom is THE CAPTAIN, who currently has a metal rod through her leg, and we lost at least a fifth of the ship to WHATEVER it was we just went through. We need help out here.” Liz struggled to understand what Lewis had just said. Something about her leg? What was wrong with h-oh. That didn’t look like it was supposed to be there. At least she knew why she couldn’t wiggle her toes now.

_________________
"Oh! Giegue! I loved him... I loved him, as if he was my own child... He was always wagging his tail... just like a pup... except for when I tried to sing him lullabies...“


Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:04 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3715
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Doctor Vanderbilt came to rather quickly, his training as a field medic kicking his mind back into lucidity as fast as it could. He pulled himself up to his desk and placed a hand on the comms system, "Med- woo ****," He took a breath as a wave of nausea hit him, "Medbay to Bridge, why are we not dead?" He pulled his hand back from the panel and waited for a few seconds, listening for anything through the static. He pushed his growing worries aside as the seconds dragged on before moving to his locker and getting his gear. He pulled on an environmental suit, strapped a medical bag to his back and grabbed his service pistol from it's rack, holstering it on his leg. Hunched over as another wave of nausea threatened to empty his stomach of whatever food he had eaten last. He reached out with a hand and steadied himself on his desk, pulling himself forward and slowly moving towards the door. His helmet locked into place with a hiss as his suit pressurized. "Alright, on 3..." he said to himself before pulling open the door. He was sucked out into the hallway as the medbay was quickly relieved of its atmosphere. He bounced off a wall, noting the surprising lack of gravity. Colorado waved his arms to get himself steady before sending out a localized ping to all radios within range, "Vanderbilt, moving," he called into the radio as he pushed off a wall and floated his way down the hallway.

_________________
Yukon - RiVa | Colorado Vanderbilt - SH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - AC


Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:53 pm
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9224
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
A light diode remained defiant in the darkness and she knew she wasn't dead because of it. Nothing else ran close to being so firm in her mind as she felt her head bleeding. Her eyes refused to focus for a moment and she could hear something whining in her ears. A sound, low and hollow, came from her as she dragged herself forward on her remaining leg and reminded herself that she'd lost it some time ago. It brought a piece of herself back and she choked back a cry of pain as she saw what had been her husband in the room. It didn't take a Nurse to know there was nothing left in there and the chasm of pity tried to pull her in. She swallowed again. She couldn't let it. Because she'd remembered something else in that moment. "An...Andy?" She called, repeating herself and putting more effort into it to hear herself over her own roaring head. She pulled herself over the debris towards her sons room and tried to rise to open the door as he called to her.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sarah had been in the secure room with her charges and she's been fortunate. So many soft covers had been exposed, duvets and mattresses and sofas and carpets, that she'd avoided hitting anything that hard during the impact and the Northern Collie was more or less intact. "Jeez," she said, "nev'r ridin' that Dodgems again. Youse twa ok, like?" she asked her charges as she tried the door. Nope. No power.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keeva put her cybernetic arm to use, taking a grip on a jammed shard of metal and ripping it out to allow herself passage from the engineering bays.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seena hadn't decided if she was alive yet. She had several pains in her torso but that could be the memory of pain rather than internal injuries and she tried to focus on Lewis as he shouted. "I... I'm h...here," she said, shakily pushing herself up and ignoring the fractured feeling in her hip.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corp looked at the exposed section of corridor between himself and the next intersection. There was no-one here in this section - no-one alive anyhow - and he needed to get across to get out. He zipped up his coat and brought his helmet respiration system down around his mouth an nose. The boots magnetised to the deck as Corp opened the doorway to the exposed section and he began the walk through the subzero temperatures to the next sealed bulkhead, walking under the stars.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:27 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3715
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
(Forgot Chris' lines)
Chris opened his eyes to a screwdriver floating across his field of vision. The lights flickered as the backup batteries began to fail. He took a breath and tried to move his arm, only to be met with a sharp pain that prevented him from doing anything. Chris stiffly turned his neck to look at it, groaning as he found it twisted at an odd angle, but at least the white thing jutting from it was keeping most of the blood inside of his body. He turned his head back forward and let his eyes wander across the room. Why was he so tired? There was a bloody smear leading to the wall where he'd ended up, then a smear on the wall. "Oh." He leaned his head back and let his eyes close, not much to do besides wait.

_________________
Yukon - RiVa | Colorado Vanderbilt - SH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - AC


Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:10 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 1856
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
[Shielding Power: 0%]
[Core Power: 78%]
[All Systems Online]


MT remained aware during the impact. He used his body to shield as many of the mechanics in the room as he could. Doing so proved effective, as MT was difficult to throw around and strong enough to withstand getting hit with heavy debris. Doing so took down his primary body shields though, the heavy and repeated impacts causing the protective 'bubble' around him to burst and forcing him to use his shield module for the rest of the incoming debris, draining his main power supply.

Once the chaos had ended, MT looked checked on the mechanics. Many were holding broken arms, or floating in the zero-gravity environment dazed or unconscious. They were bloody and battered, but alive. The robotic dragon looked for one person among them, and at first couldn't find him. Scanning the area further, however, he saw Chris lying against the wall, bleeding. The mech walked over to him, using the claws and magnetic grips on his feet to keep himself grounded.

"Chris? Can you hear me? Can you move? My cockpit life support system includes automatic emergency medical treatment for injuries. Are you able to get yourself into the seat?" The armor on MT's body slid apart and the cockpit door opened, revealing the somewhat small, old chair inside.

-----------------------------

Seeing all of the highly lethal weapons on Kolt's suit reminded Hivemind of something. "Guys, the next round is going to include "human" attackers and non-automated vehicles. Keep in mind, you are not allowed to "kill" these opponents. Make sure you have some weapons on you that can be used in nonlethal combat. Most weapons here have the option to use specially designed ammunition that damages armor and weapons it impacts, but not organic tissue. I suggest you load up with that."

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!


Last edited by CyberDragon on Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.



Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:17 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1116
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana hummed as she though, quite impressed by Hivemind's forge as well, "Well... One thing that might help would be a charged shot. Think that could work? Other than that I can't think of anything, if only due to my unimaginative nature. 'S hard to think of new things to add to such a classic design."

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:56 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3523
Images: 2
Location: A hidden room in the garrage
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
The quarters she was confined to pending their return to earth having a wall blown out by a ruptured power relay, that was currently arcing like crazy and in the process of setting the room on fire, was certainly not the wake-up call epsilon had expected.

[anomalous pressure differential detected, respiratory implant active. Please do not exhale.] she heard the notification in her mind, as the act of opening the door practically sucked her out into the hallway. looking around the problem was immediately apparent; there was empty black and unfamiliar stars visible at one end of the twisted and deformed corridor...

Open space. Great... ten minutes to find somewhere pressurized or I asphyxiate... this is gonna be fuuuun... she mentally grumbled, as she started walking in the opposite direction, one hand clutched protectively over the burns on her other arm, the reverberations she could feel through the deck plating every time the skeletal implants in her feet magnetized being the only sound. the fact that she usually didn't wear much while regenerating and had been in too much of a hurry to escape the arcing electricity to change not really entering her mind.

it took two minutes to get far enough into the ship that the decompressed bodies and debris were still inside the vessel.

It took two more minutes and forty five seconds for her to find a closed emergency door, and start banging on it. praying someone was on the other side with enough air to hear.

Another eighteen seconds to spot someone in some kind of pressure suit and carrying what looked like a medkit floating toards her along a connected corridor. she tried to wave at them, cringing as the act stretched the singed flesh of the limb.

- - - - - - -

"Making you look like a beetle? Actually that's kinda a neat look, i'll have to keep that in mind." talya commented, looking kolt over, as the twins returned to the armory to change gear, something telling her that the same strategy wouldn't work twice in a row. Kobor pausing in front of one of the racks, attaching four tube-things to the ends of his tentacles.
Wait, are those ion repulsors?
I think so... it's too bad we're too heavy to ones this size as engines.


Kol meanwhile had shut off the staff's power axe mode, and was looking heading over to jenny. "twenty eight, how many did you get?"

- - - - - - -

"Sure. Yes. Ugh you sound like my dad..." June answers exasperated, hadn't she already agreed to go go get him if there was a problem?

_________________
I have a gun shaped like a flying saucer that shoots glowing purple polygon people. your argument is invalid.

Characters


Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:26 am
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9224
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"I lost count somewhere after seventeen," Jenny called baack, knowing from her glasses readout that she'd dealt with twenty-nine drones. The system began scanning for life signs as the agent brought up her main blasters and linked them into the system. The sensors would automatically shift to stun bolts if she was targeting a living opponent now. It was about the best she could do.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jaken helped himself to some light armour that would protect against energy impacts without restricting his movements. He hated the feel on his legs as he pulled the 'pants trawzers' or whatever on.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:45 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3715
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Doctor Vanderbilt didn't recognize the person floating towards him, but he did recognize the look of burned flesh and the lack of pressure suit or helmet on the body. He pulled himself to a stop and grabbed into an uninjured area to stop the both from floating off. With practiced haste, he withdrew a mask from his bag and secured it around her face, dialing in the masks atmospheric regulator to her biology. Once it was functional he spoke, "Look at me. What is your name?" The doctor held a finger up to the right, "Follow my finger," he half commanded as he moved it slowly across her vision. Once she had completed that task he reached into his bag and pulled out an aerosol can and gave it a shake. "This is going to hurt," and with that short warning he sprayed it over any burned areas. The spray quickly formed a firm but flexible white covering on the afflicted areas and as quickly as the pain came it would stop, leaving a sort of cold sensation. He stowed the aerosol can and sent out another quick radio check, "Vanderbilt to all receiving, how copy?" It was uncomfortably robotic and unerring for how bright the doctor usually was.

_________________
Yukon - RiVa | Colorado Vanderbilt - SH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - AC


Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:35 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3523
Images: 2
Location: A hidden room in the garrage
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
[Respiratory pressure normalizing, implant disengaging]

"Epsilon, Prisoner 228 transfered from the Tartarus. I know I'm not supposed to leave my quarters, but they're on fire."
She stated calmly, identifying herself and following Doctor Vanderbilt's instructions to the letter. "Or at least they were until they decompressed."

She winces momentarily as her burnt arm is treated, before adding, "Thank you."

_________________
I have a gun shaped like a flying saucer that shoots glowing purple polygon people. your argument is invalid.

Characters


Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:19 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 2792
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
”Just give me a sec, I’m sure Mythos put a less lethal setting in here.” Kolt said as he dug through the options menu, until eventually he found what he was looking for. As the blades faded into nothingness and most of the guns went through some internal reworking, he shifted control of their body over to Quint, who proceeded to do some stretches to help re-establish control.

—MEANWHILE—

As Lewis worked with one of the surviving technicians to get a distress signal out, he heard Seena’s call and turned to look at her. As soon as he saw her trying to stand in spite of her broken leg, he immediately moved to stop her. ”No no no no no, just sit down. I know you want to help, but you’re only going to hurt yourself if you try to do anything while your leg is like that. Just sit down, and try not to move your leg.” As the technician indicated they were ready to start transmitting, Lewis walked back over to the communications console, and took the mic she handed to him. ”This is lieutenant Lewis Walker of the USS Steelhaven. Our ship has just come out of a collapsing warp gate and we have sustained massive damages. Our internal coms are down, all our engines are either offline or missing, and none of our long range sensors are working. We need immediate assistance. Please send help. This message will now loop.”

_________________
"Oh! Giegue! I loved him... I loved him, as if he was my own child... He was always wagging his tail... just like a pup... except for when I tried to sing him lullabies...“


Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:38 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 1856
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Legotron123 Wrote:
As Lewis worked with one of the surviving technicians to get a distress signal out, he heard Seena’s call and turned to look at her. As soon as he saw her trying to stand in spite of her broken leg, he immediately moved to stop her. ”No no no no no, just sit down. I know you want to help, but you’re only going to hurt yourself if you try to do anything while your leg is like that. Just sit down, and try not to move your leg.” As the technician indicated they were ready to start transmitting, Lewis walked back over to the communications console, and took the mic she handed to him. ”This is lieutenant Lewis Walker of the USS Steelhaven. Our ship has just come out of a collapsing warp gate and we have sustained massive damages. Our internal coms are down, all our engines are either offline or missing, and none of our long range sensors are working. We need immediate assistance. Please send help. This message will now loop.”


As the Beacon of Hope continued along it's FTL trajectory, Hivemind picked up the distress signal from a ship only a couple minutes ahead of them on their current path. Listening to it, he sent ahead a response.

"Lieutenant Lewis Walker, this is Hivemind of the starship Beacon of Hope. I have received your distress signal. We are inbound and will be exiting our FTL jump soon to pick up the Steelhaven. We will have medical teams on standby." Hivemind sent the message.

---------------------

In the armory, the hive droid spoke up. "Everyone, we will continue training. However, I have just received word of a wrecked ship just ahead of our position. We will be exiting our FTL jump soon to pick them up. The EMTs and I can handle this, but be aware in case any complications arise. Whenever you are ready, please enter the arena again. Once more, "human" targets are not to be "killed"."

---------------------

Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Tatiana hummed as she though, quite impressed by Hivemind's forge as well, "Well... One thing that might help would be a charged shot. Think that could work? Other than that I can't think of anything, if only due to my unimaginative nature. 'S hard to think of new things to add to such a classic design."


"Charge shot. Got it." The wireframe model adjusted to take the new component into account, and the programmable mist started to form the component. "I'll make it compatible with the attachments you can find in the armory." Once again, the model and the mist adjusted to take this into account.

After a few minutes, the frame was surrounded by the mist. A spark arced through it, resulting in the mist compressing into the solid shapes of the individual parts of the gun, all assembled together. The wireframe outline of the gun disappeared and the forge deactivated. Hivemind pulled the gun out from between the two parts of the forge and handed the repaired sniper rifle to Tatiana.

---------------------

Though the message Hivemind sent to the Steelhaven would be picked up by Lewis on the bridge, it was also picked up by MT. "Chris, just hang on. It sounds like help will be here soon."

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!


Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:40 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3715
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Colorado nodded, "Just doing my job. Now we're going to try and get to the bridge and observation deck to consolidate our surviving crew and civilians. Stay close." With an explanation given he pulled himself down the hallway, knocking on a few doors and receiving no replies. Most of the people were probably at work and not in their rooms. Hopefully that would make difference in the number of survivors.

---------

Chris groaned, leaving his eyes shut, "I'm pretty sure I'm not going to die. I just need blood, like, in my veins because this whole thing with being lightheaded and trying to keep down the food I just ate is really not fun at all."

_________________
Yukon - RiVa | Colorado Vanderbilt - SH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - AC


Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:59 am
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9224
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Doris just held onto Andy in the remains of their room. The chair was gone, mangled into metal and useless. He certainly couldn't carry her and the door wasn't responding to his touch to open it and she could feel the room getting colder quite quickly. She reckoned there might be a pinhole breach or something, squirting the air out.. No escape this time, she thought. A thought she belayed as someone knocked on the door. "IN HERE," she yelled, loud enough to make herself cough.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corp spun the wheel on the bulkhead door and hauled it open, despite his straining, cold seeped, muscles. He knew that, unless the corridor on the other side was still intact, he was a goner. His 'emergency space suit' wasn't designed for long term exposure, just a few minutes at a time - ten at most - and he found it impossible not to be a little depressed by that as he pulled the door tight behind him and sealed it. Now, he thought, for the truth... He cracked the seal on the other side and felt the pressure grow. With a feeling of relief, he turned the respirator off and wondered if he'd ever feel warm again.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Th...thanks for telling me," Seena stammered in response, wondering what her beloved Colorado would think of this. Over the past few weeks, their relationship had intensified and there was no longer any real hiding of the fact the two were in a fairly physical relationship. They spent most nights together now and several of the evenings too and she had gotten over thinking it unusual that someone else other than her should be at the centre of so many of her thoughts even. Her folks would have hated him, of course. That always helped. She tried calling him. No, no comms. Lewis had said. And now she feared.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:36 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3715
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
The doctors ear twitched just as he went to move on to the next door. That was definitely a voice, one that he recognized. He moved a hand to the touch sensor and waited almost less than a second before he broke out his bag. Perks of being the medical officer on board: manual access keys to all the rooms. He dialed the room code and held the key to the upper left corner and lower left corner of the door, receiving a satisfying thunk as the magnetic security locks disengaged. "I need you to take a deep breath and grab on to something! I'm going to count down from 5. You too," He said to Epsilon as he reached towards the pull handle and started counting, "...1!" He yanked on the door handle and was met with a gust of breathable atmosphere to the helmet as it quickly made its way out into the void. As soon as the room was depressurised he practically threw himself inside.

_________________
Yukon - RiVa | Colorado Vanderbilt - SH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - AC


Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:59 am
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9224
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Take a breath, Andy" Doris cried and her son breathed in about a second and a half before the door opened and the atmosphere dwindled to near nothing and the Doctor entered.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keeva found she was trapped in here. The passageways around had collapsed, meaning there was no help coming and no way to assist. The irone was that this area of the ship was actually still pretty stable and she'd managed to get atmosphere control online after only a short fight with a computer. One of the heavy duty batteries was currently powering the bay life support systems and so she was jury-rigging another power source to the internal scanning array. She had help, a small number of other technicians she'd found alive were assisting and she hoped to get a better understanding of the situation shortly.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jaken had never seen a 'light sabre' before and he wasn't really that impressed by it now. The blue neon glow meant it was hard not to see, even in the day, and the humm gave away his position to everyone with ears. and he didn't know what the tune half the others used when they saw it was either. He hoped it cut well.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:19 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 1110
Location: England, UK
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
CyberDragon Wrote:
In the armory, the hive droid spoke up. "Everyone, we will continue training. However, I have just received word of a wrecked ship just ahead of our position. We will be exiting our FTL jump soon to pick them up. The EMTs and I can handle this, but be aware in case any complications arise. Whenever you are ready, please enter the arena again. Once more, "human" targets are not to be "killed"."

At that moment Traci stepped in from the armor room with the hammer she picked in tow, it looked as if she had trouble getting into her temporary armor. "I'm here! I'm ready! ..Wait, did I miss the first round?" She asked, looking around.

Rika spoke up from behind Hive. "I would prefer to help with the wrecked ship, if that's not a problem. I would be of much more use there, since I don't really have any combat capabilities.." She said simply, arms folded. "..Plus, I don't have my capsules and pods, nor are my medical skills needed at all." She added, as if she needed to justify to Hivemind why she should not be in combat..

_________________
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference


Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:09 am
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9224
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Jaken, having kept his ears open, heard Rika talking and poked his head back in the room. "Want me to help them," he asked of Hive and Rika.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:29 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3715
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Ulrich looked up at the speakers as the opponents if the next round were announced. He shrugged and headed out to the training room. By his standards it was pretty impressive; though maybe it was a bit overdone. Rock formations, water hazards, forests, it was like a small sample of each biome had been scooped up from Earth and deposited here. He wondered to himself if Hive could simulate other planets and their biospheres. He looked up at the spectators and gave them a little wave. "So what is our game plan?"

----------

Doctor Vanderbilt space-swam his way towards the two in the back having surveyed and subsequently ignored what was left of the third body in the room. He pulled another mask out of his bag and stretched it over Andy's face first, setting the atmospheric regulator and activating it, "Take deep breathes to get some oxygen in your body. He did the same with Doris, giving her the same instructions. "We are heading to the bridge." He held his wrist communicator up to his mouth and made another call-out, "Lieutenant Commander Vanderbilt with 3 crew, heading towards the bridge."

--------

Chris took a deep breath and kicked off the wall towards MT, settling himself in the pilots seat.

_________________
Yukon - RiVa | Colorado Vanderbilt - SH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - AC


Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:41 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3523
Images: 2
Location: A hidden room in the garrage
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Epsilon nodded once, moving so she wasn't between the door and the breaches they knew about before the doctor opened it, still magnetizing herself to the floor. Once it was open she moved inside right behind him.

"do you require assistance moving?" she asked while the doctor tried his communicator again.

- - - - - - - - - -

Having finished changing the batteries in her staff thanks to the aid of color-coded pictoral instructionsdisplayed on the armory computer... well after she stopped staring at it stupidly and actually did the things it was showing her anyway.

When ulrich spoke up, Kol reactivated power axe mode, brandishing the weapon agressively.
"I noticed this thing tends to burn the edges of the things it cuts. burnt wounds don't bleed much, and you need your forearms to fight, but not to live." she states, her tone matching her posture.

"Er... well... I supose prioritizing disabling shots is as good a tactic as any... But that's a bit harsh."the twins chime in, having only planned on juggling the targets...

_________________
I have a gun shaped like a flying saucer that shoots glowing purple polygon people. your argument is invalid.

Characters


Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:13 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 1856
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Deske Wrote:
Chris took a deep breath and kicked off the wall towards MT, settling himself in the pilots seat.


Once Chris was in the seat, MT sealed the doors.

[Multiple injuries detected. Applying medical aid.]

"Put on the helmet with your available hand, please. This will hurt. It is best if your mind is in my head during this process."


Once the helmet was on, Chris's body would become paralyzed, and he would be seeing things once again through MT's perspective. As soon as that process was complete, the emergency medical system in the cockpit would start going to work setting the bone, disinfecting, patching the wound, and replenishing his blood supply with some kind of synthetic blood the system had in case of severe combat related injuries.

------------------------

Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Tatiana hummed as she though, quite impressed by Hivemind's forge as well, "Well... One thing that might help would be a charged shot. Think that could work? Other than that I can't think of anything, if only due to my unimaginative nature. 'S hard to think of new things to add to such a classic design."

CyberDragon Wrote:
"Charge shot. Got it." The wireframe model adjusted to take the new component into account, and the programmable mist started to form the component. "I'll make it compatible with the attachments you can find in the armory." Once again, the model and the mist adjusted to take this into account.

After a few minutes, the frame was surrounded by the mist. A spark arced through it, resulting in the mist compressing into the solid shapes of the individual parts of the gun, all assembled together. The wireframe outline of the gun disappeared and the forge deactivated. Hivemind pulled the gun out from between the two parts of the forge and handed the repaired sniper rifle to Tatiana.


Hivemind led Tatiana down to the armory now that the repairs were complete. "The second round is about to start. I suggest you get in the arena through those doors." He said, pointing to the double-doors leading to the training grounds.

------------------------

~\Rook/~ Wrote:
At that moment Traci stepped in from the armor room with the hammer she picked in tow, it looked as if she had trouble getting into her temporary armor. "I'm here! I'm ready! ..Wait, did I miss the first round?" She asked, looking around.

Rika spoke up from behind Hive. "I would prefer to help with the wrecked ship, if that's not a problem. I would be of much more use there, since I don't really have any combat capabilities.." She said simply, arms folded. "..Plus, I don't have my capsules and pods, nor are my medical skills needed at all." She added, as if she needed to justify to Hivemind why she should not be in combat..


"You didn't miss much, Traci. It was mostly a warmup. Sorry we couldn't wait. We are supposed to get through a specific amount of training today. You should get in there for the second round, it'll be more interesting anyway." Hivemind spoke to Traci as she walked out of the armor room. Hearing Rika, he turned to her. "Hmm... yes. I agree. Go and get your medical supplies. Once you are done, I'll lead you to the hanger."

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jaken, having kept his ears open, heard Rika talking and poked his head back in the room. "Want me to help them," he asked of Hive and Rika.


"As your guardian, that is up to Rika." He said simply, looking between Jaken and Rika.

------------------------

Deske Wrote:
Ulrich looked up at the speakers as the opponents if the next round were announced. He shrugged and headed out to the training room. By his standards it was pretty impressive; though maybe it was a bit overdone. Rock formations, water hazards, forests, it was like a small sample of each biome had been scooped up from Earth and deposited here. He wondered to himself if Hive could simulate other planets and their biospheres. He looked up at the spectators and gave them a little wave. "So what is our game plan?"


"This is once again a match of protect the civilian. This time, the enemy will be a solid mix of different opponents with different skills and defenses. These include chargers like in round one. Chargers are swarming robots with little intelligence but fierce determination. There will also be light infantry, armored infantry, light vehicles, heavy vehicles, and a surprise at some point. Not one you are likely to cheer about." Hivemind warned over the intercom.

Buster Wrote:
Having finished changing the batteries in her staff thanks to the aid of color-coded pictoral instructionsdisplayed on the armory computer... well after she stopped staring at it stupidly and actually did the things it was showing her anyway.

When ulrich spoke up, Kol reactivated power axe mode, brandishing the weapon agressively.
"I noticed this thing tends to burn the edges of the things it cuts. burnt wounds don't bleed much, and you need your forearms to fight, but not to live." she states, her tone matching her posture.

"Er... well... I supose prioritizing disabling shots is as good a tactic as any... But that's a bit harsh."the twins chime in, having only planned on juggling the targets...


"I agree with the twins." Hivemind interjected. "While literally disarming someone is preferable to killing them, disabling them without causing permanent harm is better. That's what the concussive blast from the staff is for. When dealing with a living or sentient enemy, use that first. Switch to the ax when the enemy proves too stubborn for the blast. Once everyone is in the arena, we can start."

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!


Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:54 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3523
Images: 2
Location: A hidden room in the garrage
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kol muttered something the translator didn't quite catch, but atleast complied, switching to gravity hammer mode. though given hivemind may not need the translator since he would probably have access to the dictionary it's compiled, he'd get something garbled about poor restraint.

looking at jenny and kolt, she asks, "do you two have any ideas for a plan? we need to get in there soon."

"We've still got the dome-shield, we'll take defense this time." the twins state, already heading inside.

_________________
I have a gun shaped like a flying saucer that shoots glowing purple polygon people. your argument is invalid.

Characters


Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:53 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 2792
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
As Quint finished trying out the weapons on their suit, he payed a minimal amount of attention to what Hivemind was saying about a damaged ship. The man was in charge, and if he didn’t think he’d need their help, he wasn’t likely to need their help. He walked over to the others just in time for Kol to ask him and Jenny what their plans were. ”Well, as Kolt neglected to mention, he is letting me take charge of our body for this fight, as this suit mode was intended to be used by me. As for our plan, most of the weapons on this have a stun or EMP setting, so I am going to provide aerial support and try to disable their vehicles.”

—MEANWHILE—

Lewis breathed a sigh of relief as response to their signal came almost immediately. ”Beacon of Hope, you could not have a more appropriate name. We are currently waiting for your arrival.” He said, just to confirm that they had gotten the Beacon’s message. Though the name of both the ship and it’s captain, “Hivemind,” seemed rather odd, almost like something out of a superhero cartoon. Just what kind of universe did they wind up in? His pondering was interrupted when his emergency radio picked up the doctors signal, though due to the distance all that came through was "Lieutenant Com........3 crew..........ards...bridge." Lewis immediately grabbed his radio to respond. ”Vanderbilt, is that you? Your signal is too weak, I can’t hear what you’re saying. You need to get closer.”

_________________
"Oh! Giegue! I loved him... I loved him, as if he was my own child... He was always wagging his tail... just like a pup... except for when I tried to sing him lullabies...“


Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:27 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 1110
Location: England, UK
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
CyberDragon Wrote:
"You didn't miss much, Traci. It was mostly a warmup. Sorry we couldn't wait. We are supposed to get through a specific amount of training today. You should get in there for the second round, it'll be more interesting anyway." Hivemind spoke to Traci as she walked out of the armor room. Hearing Rika, he turned to her. "Hmm... yes. I agree. Go and get your medical supplies. Once you are done, I'll lead you to the hanger."

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jaken, having kept his ears open, heard Rika talking and poked his head back in the room. "Want me to help them," he asked of Hive and Rika.


"As your guardian, that is up to Rika." He said simply, looking between Jaken and Rika.

Rika thought about it for a moment, staring at Jaken as she did. "I'm not sure. On one hand, I don't want you fighting things and getting injured; on the other I want you to have fun and not be stuck with me looming over you.." She replied honestly, shrugging. "..But if I am to choose, I say you should help with the rescue. Your ability could really come in handy.." She added, holding out a hand for Jaken to take.

Traci simply nodded to Hivemind, then entered the arena. "Oooh, this is nice. Reminds of a park in the Evergreen District.." She said to herself as she surveyed her suroundings.

_________________
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference


Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:30 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3715
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
While Lewis might not have heard everything he said, Doctor Vanderbilt definitely heard everything Lewis had said as he had his signal gain turned up just in case anyone else tried to contact them via handheld communicator, "OW! Jeez!" He shouted, keying his microphone in the process, as he hastily turned down the gain so that every little signal wasn't suddenly amplified into a deafening boom. Perhaps he should have expected the bridge communications to be up, or to be more powerful. "Well that was Lewis. He says we need to get closer to the bridge so that he can hear us since the signal's weak. Well surprise surprise, we're going that way anyway." He did a quick head count before exiting the room and pushing off down the hallway, waiting at each corner for the others to catch up, if they needed to. Occasionally he'd stop and listen to a door, pulling open one after hearing repeating thunks inside of the room. He poked his head inside before wordlessly pulling it shut and re-engaging the security locks. Whatever was inside would remain a secret until the ship was docked and fully explored. He checked some of the holo-signs as they made their way closer, "The bridge should be just down here. The far door."

-------

Chris put on the helmet with his free hand and let his own body slip away from him as he melded with MT's own systems, "Honestly, I don't know how I survived that. Must've rolled out of the way. One minute I was sitting there trying to think about being vaporized by a collapsing warp field, the next, there's this tools cabinet flying my direction, then it's a nice lot of blank and then I woke up and wondered why I wanted my arm to just fall of right then and there." He laughed at the last part. It was mostly a joke. Mostly.

-------

Ulrich summoned up some hard light knuckledusters and prepared to make his way to the attacking humans as quickly as he could. He had ranged combat, but he wanted to work on his CQC for a bit in case they were inside where ranged wasn't exactly the easiest thing to do.

_________________
Yukon - RiVa | Colorado Vanderbilt - SH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - AC


Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:25 am
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9224
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Simple plan, Kol," Jenny admitted, "Do what we can to achieve success. Under these rules of his, Hive's going to give us a no-win scenario sooner rather than later. so be adaptable. Block access routes and walkways. to help sift the targets. Mindless things won't stop when confronted by fire or falling things. Which reminds me. If you see anything on Fire, Kol? Stay away, yeah?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Andy needed no help after the mask was put on and he swam away through the void as Doris picked herself up gingerly. It felt like she'd done more damage to her already battered body but the lack of gravity was acting to relieve the pressure to a gentle throbbing. "All the... help we can get," she said in reply to the 'prisoner' as Colorado called in.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now at one of the equipment lockers spread throughout the ship, Corp exchanged his respirators' spent air supply for a fresh bottle and paused for a moment as the ship groaned. He sensed she wasn't done falling apart yet. That'd be popular news amongst the survivors. He knew there had to be some, possibly many, in the middle of the ship. From what he'd seen the physical damage, although catastrophic, had mostly ripped the guts out of the rear starboard portion of the hull meaning that, to a certain degree, the port side had gotten off lightly. They'd probably just suffered about thirty percent dead on that side. Even with the injured they no doubt had they still had a good few left in one piece, trying to survive. Not, of course, that he could get to them. So he was heading bridgewards. Where he felt a need to be. With Elizabeth and Lewis. He could hear knocking coming from a inner bulkhead. One of the cafes was behind it, he recalled and he knocked back. He had a short conversation with whoever was on the other side. They were trapped, all five of them, and the air was beginning to get stale. Corp told them to be calm and patient. Rescue teams were on the way. He didn't tell them the deck was unsafe with danger of falling or that the air pressure out here was dropping slowly too, according to his helmet readout. He also didn't tell them about the manual over-ride to the door that was within reach. They were safer in there for now, he reasoned. Move on.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jaken wondered what his family would make of this as he took Rika's hand and put the sword back for now. Would they think him a coward for passing up the chance to shed blood or a hero for helping people? Was there such a thing as a cowardly hero?

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:33 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1116
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana gladly gripped her renewed sniper and made her way through the doors Hivemind indicated, "Thanks boss!" She stepped through the double doors, listening to Hivemind's instructions she moved inward, preparing to face what ever horde of challenges Hivemind would throw at them. She turned to Ulrich, the first team mate she got into hearing range with, "So. Any defensive plans for this little game of VIP?"

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:02 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3715
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Ulrich shrugged, "Honestly? Not really. Someone is already protecting the VIP and everyone else more offensive than I am, so I think I am just going to run at the group of enemies and hit them until they stop advancing." He laughed as he surveyed the opponents, "Not a very good plan, I know."

------------

Doctor Vanderbilt stopped at a door upon hearing gasping shouts coming from within. He checked his bag and gave the command to take a deep breath before opening it. The outflow of air was much less compared to the earlier rooms. He was gone for but a moment and returned holding the hand of a kitten, just barely 3. He slid the door closed behind him and clamped his hands over the kittens ears as the gasping continued inside the room. Then the weak cries for help. Then only a deafening silence. He stared across the hall, a blank stare on his face and then it was time to leave. He released the kittens ears, grabbed her by the hand and pulled the two of them down the hall.

_________________
Yukon - RiVa | Colorado Vanderbilt - SH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - AC


Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:27 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 1856
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Legotron123 Wrote:
Lewis breathed a sigh of relief as response to their signal came almost immediately. ”Beacon of Hope, you could not have a more appropriate name. We are currently waiting for your arrival.” He said, just to confirm that they had gotten the Beacon’s message. Though the name of both the ship and it’s captain, “Hivemind,” seemed rather odd, almost like something out of a superhero cartoon. Just what kind of universe did they wind up in? His pondering was interrupted when his emergency radio picked up the doctors signal, though due to the distance all that came through was "Lieutenant Com........3 crew..........ards...bridge." Lewis immediately grabbed his radio to respond. ”Vanderbilt, is that you? Your signal is too weak, I can’t hear what you’re saying. You need to get closer.”

(For everyone on the Steelhaven)

The Beacon wasn't the only one to have heard the Steelhaven's distress call. Shortly after Lewis sent his confirmation that he had received the Beacon's message, a ship showed up. Then another. Then another, and another, and another. A whole fleet of obviously illegally modded starcraft, armed to the teeth, exited their own FTL jump. Some of the ships were bigger than the They were pirates and scavengers, looking to make a quick buck. The ships formed up around the Steelhaven, preparing to send crew over to kill and plunder.

They didn't have the chance to, however, as the Steelhaven, as well as every ship in the fleet, was plunged into darkness. All stars, all planets, all light-reflecting celestial bodies behind the pirate fleet were totally eclipsed by something truly massive. As fast as they had arrived, the scavenger fleet flew into a panic, breaking off of the Steelhaven and haphazardly jumping in various directions to escape the looming object. Eyes adjusted to the sudden darkness would identify the object as artificial. It was covered in metal plating and turrets and missile launchers. It looked like a sort of space station, though from it's size up close, it could be an artificial planet. In every direction, it stretched too far to see. It was the Beacon of Hope, in all of it's glory and all of it's might.

Once the last of the scavengers had bolted from the area, the Beacon slowed to a halt, lining up the Steelhaven with some hanger bay doors. The doors opened slowly, and one hundred androids flew out in groups of ten. The majority of them flew straight for the Steelhaven, adjusting their trajectory when they got close in order to bring them behind the wreckage. The androids formed up, splitting apart evenly to distribute the force, before planting themselves on the Steelhaven's hull and using their EVA jets to push the ship slowly towards the Beacon's hanger. Ten of them flew among the debris in order to find any bodies that had been ejected from the ship on impact. Hivemind wasn't going to leave them there.

"We get that a lot, Lieutenant." Hivemind responded to Lewis's comment through the communications console. "I'll get you to safety in just a moment."

The androids continued to push the Steelhaven until it got in range of the docking tether. At that point, the "tether" pulled the ship to some kind of barrier. Immediately every part of the ship that had lost oxygen and pressure regained it as the ship passed through the environment shield and was pulled into the first available dock of the right size. The moment the last recovery android entered the environment carrying the last of the deceased, the hanger doors closed once again. A team of doctors was already at the dock, ready to help however they could.

----------------------

Deske Wrote:
Chris put on the helmet with his free hand and let his own body slip away from him as he melded with MT's own systems, "Honestly, I don't know how I survived that. Must've rolled out of the way. One minute I was sitting there trying to think about being vaporized by a collapsing warp field, the next, there's this tools cabinet flying my direction, then it's a nice lot of blank and then I woke up and wondered why I wanted my arm to just fall of right then and there." He laughed at the last part. It was mostly a joke. Mostly.


MT wasn't laughing. The injury was too severe for him to find any humor in it. Not to mention, he felt like he had failed to protect his... not his pilot. Chris wasn't his pilot. He failed to protect his friend.

His train of thought was interrupted as the Steelhaven started to move. "What's going on?" MT walked over to the nearest window to outside and peered through it. He, and by extension Chris, saw the Beacon outside. It took up the entirety of MT's view.

"Woah... Is... Is THAT the help I heard about?"

----------------------

Deske Wrote:
Doctor Vanderbilt stopped at a door upon hearing gasping shouts coming from within. He checked his bag and gave the command to take a deep breath before opening it. The outflow of air was much less compared to the earlier rooms. He was gone for but a moment and returned holding the hand of a kitten, just barely 3. He slid the door closed behind him and clamped his hands over the kittens ears as the gasping continued inside the room. Then the weak cries for help. Then only a deafening silence. He stared across the hall, a blank stare on his face and then it was time to leave. He released the kittens ears, grabbed her by the hand and pulled the two of them down the hall.


With the room now pressurized, the kitten's parents would have a supply of oxygen before permanent damage could occur.

(Let's try to keep things from getting too depressing, people. This is supposed to be a relatively lighthearted game.)


----------------------

~\Rook/~ Wrote:
Rika thought about it for a moment, staring at Jaken as she did. "I'm not sure. On one hand, I don't want you fighting things and getting injured; on the other I want you to have fun and not be stuck with me looming over you.." She replied honestly, shrugging. "..But if I am to choose, I say you should help with the rescue. Your ability could really come in handy.." She added, holding out a hand for Jaken to take.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jaken wondered what his family would make of this as he took Rika's hand and put the sword back for now. Would they think him a coward for passing up the chance to shed blood or a hero for helping people? Was there such a thing as a cowardly hero?


"All right. Go grab your medical equipment and meet me in the lobby. We'll go to the hanger from there. The shipwreck is already docked."

----------------------

(I will start the training round 2 in my next post. I don't have any more time to write tonight.)

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!


Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:11 am
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9224
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Hannabelle swung her feet as she sat on her bed in the safe house and kept her eyes closed. "Something is different," she mused. "I can feel it." She hopped down. "What's going on, Hive?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Andy dropped from the air with something of a yelp as the atmosphere returned. "Ack!" He was fortunate not to hurt himself as he landed on his side and was upright again after half a second, tense and looking around for what had to come next. He could see robots. Robots! Yay!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keeva had linked into one of the external sensors but had turned them towards the ship in an effort to tell the amount of damage. Incoming raiders were pretty much irrelevant right now. She had enough power for one thing and that was to be used now as a new target moved past the monitor. She powered up the teleporter and made a wish. The console sparked and bucked and crackled, spitting fire as the lash up job strained to save a third life. She didn't know how much further she could push this thing as a Canine female folded back into reality, almost encased in ice particles and barely moving before the medic moved in to treat the hypothermia with fluids and heat blankets.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corp could see the Doctor and a small group ahead of him now and was about to call out when he sensed something behind him in this new atmosphere. He wheeled around, bringing his guns to the ready. "Security Chief Davidstow, " he announced, getting his tired muscles ready, "identify yourself!"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well," Seena said with some little strength, "At least Color... Doctor Vanderbilt's OK," she coughed and gasped as she felt a shooting pain up her side. "Tha...AT's! good news."

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:58 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3523
Images: 2
Location: A hidden room in the garrage
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Andy needed no help after the mask was put on and he swam away through the void as Doris picked herself up gingerly. It felt like she'd done more damage to her already battered body but the lack of gravity was acting to relieve the pressure to a gentle throbbing. "All the... help we can get," she said in reply to the 'prisoner' as Colorado called in.


Putting an arm around doris, so as to be able to guide her movements, Epsilon offered, "Try not to move anything injured then." before walking out of theroom with her in tow, bringing up the rear of the doctor's ever growing group of survivors.

"At this rate we'll need to find more air canisters soon..." only for the ship to feel like is was being pulled sideways, as presure and grvity return. "Or... not..." she commented, stumbling slightly, having gotten used to walking in microgravity. still keeping ahold of doris with her good arm, in case she needed it.

_________________
I have a gun shaped like a flying saucer that shoots glowing purple polygon people. your argument is invalid.

Characters


Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:00 am
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 12606
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Sarah had been in the secure room with her charges and she's been fortunate. So many soft covers had been exposed, duvets and mattresses and sofas and carpets, that she'd avoided hitting anything that hard during the impact and the Northern Collie was more or less intact. "Jeez," she said, "nev'r ridin' that Dodgems again. Youse twa ok, like?" she asked her charges as she tried the door. Nope. No power.

Cailean had been just finishing up in the bathroom at the moment of impact. With nothing to hold on to, he'd simply curled into a ball and hoped for the best. He'd become wedged in the corner between sink and wall and pelted by all manner of lotions, soaps, body washes, shampoos, conditioners, perfumes and other mysterious bottles females keep in their bathrooms but was largely unharmed save for being soaked in variegated fluids and somewhat bruised. His worst injury is a spectacular shiner which even as he uncurls is beginning to obstruct his vision.
"Ow. Ah... Ah think Ah'm okay..." he replies, straightening out and drying his paws on the towel he'd been unconsciously holding the whole time. He shakes himself and then steps back into the bedroom, slightly disoriented by the debris and dim emergency lighting.
"Are ye still in one piece, Sarah? Where's- [BLEEP]! Conall!"

The laird hadn't been so fortunate. At the moment of impact he'd been polishing rust off his sgian dubh and oiling the blade. Now he lies crumpled below the television, staring in shock at the dagger protruding from his midriff. Fortunately for him it's missed anything vital, although he's still going to need medical assistance quickly.

"Conall! Sarah, help! Where's th' Doc?" Dropping to his knees by his brother, Cailean reaches for his comms earpiece but finds it's become dislodged in the crash. "Dae ye hae comms still?"

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:09 am
Profile WWW
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:29 pm
Posts: 310
Location: Babylon Gardens?
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Jolty just sends Hivemind a withering glance. "Look, sir. I really... I don't know what I'm doing right now...I need to fix several things, and I am incredibly lost....I just want to give myself a second to think....and it isn't easy when you have a being who is literally roughly 10-15 % of the population himself, if not more."

_________________
As I gaze upon the stars o' night, I realize how much I will miss this world.

20-23-5-14-20-25 25-5-1-18-19 8-5 4-9-4 14-15-20 18-5-20-21-18-14,

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.


Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:44 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 2330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 59  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Deske and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.