Your Favorite Quotes

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Amazee Dayzee

Re: Your Favorite Quotes

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I have to just laugh at that quote. I thought gold would be very easy to destroy.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Daniel, AKA NerdCubed, says some very bizarre things that only half made sense in context to begin with, and get stranger if you take them out of context. :mrgreen:
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I have been called many things in my life but never a leaf blower." - Me :lol:
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So then you blow leaves away?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

New one!
"And then we can unlock some stuff. I don't remember which way around we have to unlock it, but we can!
Unlock that thing, to unlock the thing, to go through that thing, to unlock more of the thing we're currently in... That's not a _____ unlock system, that's bureaucratic red tape!" -Daniel Hardcastle
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Is the black bar meant to censor a swear?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

yes. while i don't mind word removal filters too too much, (ones that reduce the entire word to *s or a black stripe) i've never liked word-substitution filters because instead of removing the offending word they insert gibberish, which more often than not reduces the entire sentence to nonsense.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

we wanted to discourage swearing. and it worked, you're self-censoring instead of letting the filter do it for you.
(also I believe the nonsense replacements were Rick's idea, it used to just be asterisks)
now back to your regularly scheduled topic
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

“If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to help them build theirs.”
Dhirubhai Ambani

“People who succeed have momentum. The more they succeed, the more they want to succeed, and the more they find a way to succeed. Similarly, when someone is failing, the tendency is to get on a downward spiral that can even become a self-fulfilling prophecy.”
Tony Robbins

“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.”
Eleanor Roosevelt

“Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”
Steve Jobs

“The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.”
Vince Lombardi
deep winter

Post by deep winter »

War. War never changes. -fallout
Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you are going to get." forest gump

Love all, trust few, do wrong to none.- William shakespeare

A man is least himself in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Who said the last quote? Was that Shakespeare also?
deep winter

Post by deep winter »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Who said the last quote? Was that Shakespeare also?
Edit: "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The movie, 'Remember the Titans,' is my favorite movie, staring Denzel Washington. I love the way in this movie the game of football brings those boys together, it unites those boys on that football field. It unites a whole town, black, white, old, young, rich and poor.

Michael Irvin

I love Russell Crowe's line to Oliver Reed in 'Gladiator' where he asks him, 'Are you in danger of becoming a good man?' It's one of my favorite lines ever.

Jonathan Banks

I love films that make me react emotionally and physically when you walk out of the cinema. Two of my favorite films however have got to be 'The Tree Of Life' and 'The Piano Teacher,' which also stars one of my favourite actresses Isabelle Huppert.

Alicia Vikander

I'm just trying to make my favorite music. That's how I work; I just do things based on the way they feel to me. I want to be touched by the music I'm making. Luckily, other people have shared that response to my work over the years.

Rick Rubin

I love watching a good, freaky horror movie. I love it. It's one of my favorite things to do, to go and see at the cinema. Just to tune out and be freaked out.

Yvonne Strahovski
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

"Throwing money at your problems to get rid of them will only work if I am your problem" - One of my old teachers.
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Actually, that sounds a lot like what one of my old math teachers would say.
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

My philosophy professor's so awesome. She's like really good in teaching and said lots of stuff that I'd like to quote from her.

"When you're ready to read, everything is a book."

"Do not be ashamed of your scars. They just prove you are stronger than those who hurt you."

"Love is not blind. Love is just seeing beyond."
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well since she is a philosophy professor, I would think that she would have a LOT of nice quotes.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

"Tobi is a good boy." -Tobi
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Whose Tobi? :?:
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

a character from Naruto. actually Zetsu said it in the actual show/manga. but all the fans have Tobi saying it instead, making it funnier.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I don't follow Naruto (maybe in the future I'll try) so that makes sense.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

well there's nothing to follow anymore, the main series is over. all that's left is a spinoff (unless that ended too, or was a one-off)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Dr. Ivo ''Eggman'' Robotnik wrote:I really need to stop doing that thing where I gloat and explain exactly what you need to do to stop me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:well there's nothing to follow anymore, the main series is over. all that's left is a spinoff (unless that ended too, or was a one-off)
I know that, but I haven't watched most of the episodes.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

"I learned that people can easily forget that others are human."
- “Prisoner” from the Stanford Prison Experiment (1971)
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea.
— Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

But also, drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders.
— Management 101

If I tell you I'm good, probably you will say I'm boasting. But if I tell you I'm not good, you'll know I'm lying.
— Bruce Lee

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
— Jargon File

All men dream, but not equally; those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.
— T.E. Lawrence
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
"Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too"
"A nickle ain't worth a dime anymore"
"I really didn't say everything I've said"

- Lawerence Peter "Yogi" Berra (1925 - 2015)
Panda Panda Panda
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

RIP Yogi Berra. You will be missed.
Radio Blue Heart

"You will live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."
- Nikola Tesla

"May you live in interesting times."
- Chinese curse
-Virgil
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

How is the last one a curse? :/
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Amazee Dayzee wrote:How is the last one a curse? :/
interesting can mean many things. getting in a car accident can make your life interesting. being homeless can make your life interesting.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

OK yeah. I can see how that will work.
JonnyNova

Post by JonnyNova »

"Destiny is not something that happens all at once, it's something that happens only in retrospect."
-John Green, from "Who I Was in High School"
*purrs loudly*

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That actually makes me feel a lot more nostalgia then I have ever been!
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

"I have never seen the film, but by all accounts it was terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific."
- Michael Caine
"...kindness is its own reward. Paid in ice cream."
RP chars:
Redwall: Rhys Greenbrier
17th CF: Alasdair 'Alec' Ogilvy
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

“Content is the atomic particle of all marketing across paid, owned, and earned channels. A Culture of Content starts with an obsession of customer.” - Michael Bremmer

“Are you human? Isn’t that the essence of how this online world started, why we love social media, and what people expect if you are going to build trust and loyalty? And yet, this is getting increasingly lost in a world preoccupied with traffic, search rankings and automated marketing software.” - Mark Schaefer

“To please your audience, research their problems & desires, observe their content interactions & iterate.” - Brian Clark

“Marketing (one to many) and sales (one to one) are beginning to use the same techniques of content creation and real-time engagement. The best organizations will not run marketing and sales as separate “departments” but will merge the two functions into one customer facing organization focused on revenue generation.” - David Meerman Scott

“Let’s say you develop 5 resources to help prospects reach an objective. A prospect reads the 2 resources about and solving a specific problem and a case study about a company similar to theirs, but ignores the 3 that take a different perspective. Now you know exactly what type of information will be relevant to entering into a dialogue with the prospect.” - Ardath Albee
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

"I wish I could hit upon a pleasant track of thought, a track indirectly reflecting credit upon myself, for those are the pleasantest thoughts, and very frequent even in the minds of modest, mouse-coloured people, who believe genuinely that they dislike to hear their own praises."

- "The Mark on the Wall" by Virginia Woolf
Panda Panda Panda
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.
Helen Keller

Remember, happiness doesn't depend upon who you are or what you have, it depends solely upon what you think.
Dale Carnegie

The man is happiest who lives from day to day and asks no more, garnering the simple goodness of life.
Euripides

Happiness is not a matter of events, it depends upon the tides of the mind.
Alice Meynell

Happiness is where we find it, but rarely where we seek it.
J. Petit Senn
Radio Blue Heart

"The grave is lonely. Living is worse."
-Nix, Lord of Illusions
-Virgil
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

“When the creative impulse sweeps over you, grab it. You grab it and honor it and use it, because momentum is a rare gift.”
― Justina Chen, North of Beautiful

“If more people understood how nice it is to have a sense of home that extends past our locked doors, past our neighbors' padlocks, to the local food co-op and library, the sidewalks busted up by old trees - if we all held home with longer arms - we'd live in a very different place...
We wouldn't feel so alone, no matter the size of our houses or our bank accounts, no matter whether we had good health or congestive heart failure. We would begin to see that each moment presents an opportunity to relax, to notice that the wind has shifted and a storm is coming, or that our friend's toddler has decided to wear dinner instead of eating it. We would see that each minute counts for something timeless and, if we want, we all can find our way inside these big, tiny, moments.”
― Dee Williams

“We are a race of artists. What are we doing about it?”
― Shirley Graham Du Bois

“Life is a comedy to those who think, a tragedy to those who feel.”
― Jean Racine

“I've got a bad case of the 3:00 am guilts - you know, when you lie in bed awake and replay all those things you didn't do right? Because, as we all know, nothing solves insomnia like a nice warm glass of regret, depression and self-loathing.”
― D.D. Barant, Dying Bites