Help with my cell phone?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Shyanne

Help with my cell phone?

Post by Shyanne »

I could never get videos to work right on my cell phone. I don't have a fancy smart-phone sadly Sad I have a Casio G'zone Brigade. I have been trying for the last 3 hours to get a few videos to work on it. I converted them to 3g2, which is the format the videos I record are in. Well they finally show up but the thumbnail shows a broken picture and when I try to view them it says Video unavailable. I don't see what's wrong. Each one is approximately around 2mbs each. Is it too big? if so, what can I do to shrink em?
Beagle

Re: Help with my cell phone?

Post by Beagle »

Hmm. My phone uses 3g2 and I have videos that are 30 times or more that size and they work....

Let me ask a question. Are these like videos from other sources? What were their original file types?
Because I've tried converting several files to a different type. The process went successfully, but then when I went to load them onto the desired program, they just wouldn't do it.
Ex.) Stripping the audio from a video and then trying to load the MP3 into iTunes.

It's not your file type, I know that much. Let me ask another question. About your phone. Does it normally take 30 second videos; little short clips? Or can it go as long as you have the phone memory?

If it's too long, it may be that.

Or perhaps your resolution is too big for your screen size. I know that was the old issue with my old flip phone. I had like a 760x500 resolution (or something like that) and I got errors with a picture with a resolution of over 2000. (that error will appear with a picture or a video, it doesn't matter)

So it's either the length of the clip, the resolution of it, or it's just getting corrupted in the transition.

If it's not the first two, and something vital is getting lost in the transition between files.... From there, I cannot help you. =(

But I do believe it's the resolution, most likely.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Shyanne

Post by Shyanne »

Beagle wrote:Hmm. My phone uses 3g2 and I have videos that are 30 times or more that size and they work....

Let me ask a question. Are these like videos from other sources? What were their original file types?
Because I've tried converting several files to a different type. The process went successfully, but then when I went to load them onto the desired program, they just wouldn't do it.
Ex.) Stripping the audio from a video and then trying to load the MP3 into iTunes.

It's not your file type, I know that much. Let me ask another question. About your phone. Does it normally take 30 second videos; little short clips? Or can it go as long as you have the phone memory?

Or perhaps your resolution is too big for your screen size. I know that was the old issue with my old flip phone. I had like a 760x500 resolution (or something like that) and I got errors with a picture with a resolution of over 2000. (that error will appear with a picture or a video, it doesn't matter)

So it's either the length of the clip, the resolution of it, or it's just getting corrupted in the transition.

If it's not the first two, and something vital is getting lost in the transition between files.... From there, I cannot help you. =(

well i downloaded them as 3gp and converted them. i will try to get a smaller resolution one but i dunno exactly what it is. they are originally from youtube. the resolution is 320 by 240 high quality. they have a lower options of 176 x 144 in either medium or low quality..
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

I can't help you with your question (I barely know how to use my landline phone), but I am curious as to why you need the video to play on your phone.

If its a matter of sharing with others, you might be better off just e-mailing a link (if it's online), or uploading it to the internet yourself if its just a file.
Image Image
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Shyanne wrote:
Beagle wrote:Hmm. My phone uses 3g2 and I have videos that are 30 times or more that size and they work....

well i downloaded them as 3gp and converted them. i will try to get a smaller resolution one but i dunno exactly what it is. they are originally from youtube. the resolution is 320 by 240 high quality. they have a lower options of 176 x 144 in either medium or low quality..
If it's 320 by 240, I doubt it's resolution then. That is awfully small.

That leaves length, or something is just going wrong with conversion.

Maybe you should ask one of the more computer-oriented people on here for help with that. I only know the stuff about cell phones and photos and videos and music from playing around with everything.

Or, call customer service with your phone carrier. Sometimes the geeks on there can be pretty helpful. Sometimes.

This thread could have been posted in the Tech Talk. After all, it is technology.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.