Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

kurowolfe

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by kurowolfe »

texascat018 wrote: and before I forget
Joy: tomorrow is da Chinese new year!
happy Chinese new year to who ever celebrates it!
Gong Xi Fa Cai, Xin Ni Kuai Le!
恭喜发财 , 新年快乐!
Happy Chinese New Year! :D

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

*glomps Kuro*
happy Chinese new year to you, too
Sorrow: just found out today that I had a computer virus that anti-virus software won't get rid of
Sorrow: I also can't remove it manually
Joy: I did manage to disable it though, so it's just inactive on my computer.
hopeful: it might act like a vaccine and prevent a new copy from infecting me.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets

Post by 0404 »

Take my computer geekeness Brent, that would help you.

Sorrow: my parents are looking for a house for our family to live and the house that they might buy is far away from my school and where my friends lives at and else where I go to on regular bases. I don't have my driver lisence and if I move to that house, only possible transportation to school, friends house and cadet (JROTC) is from my parents which they won't give me too often unless necessary. Further your body is away from someone, further your heart will be....
I hate moving. ******* hate it. It is so hard for me to have a steady long social, friend relationship with someone, since I move every once in 2 to 4 years. :cry:
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Believe it or not, I'm a little terrified of having to make all new friends at college next year, else I'll be sitting in my dorm every night like a lump. I realized the other day that this forum is what comforts me. I'm not worried about growing apart from my friends IRL. I think I'll end up like Sleet where I live just a little drive away from "home" so I'm away from my family (and three of my best friends) but never more than an hour's drive, and when my two friends who are attending college four hours away come home for the holidays, it'll just be a giant family reunion. These two friends are best friends to each other, and they're down to earth. I'm not worried about my IRL friends.

But back to the forums, I find it comforting that I can log in here and it's all still the same, with the same people I've become close to in the past three years, even if they live far away too. XD

I guess what I can offer to you texascat, having moved as often as you did until I came to North Carolina, is that real friends don't forget where they come from. Yes, realistically, distance is one of the most difficult things to cope with, but it doesn't mean it's the end. I have friends in other countries, half of my family has been in the military, and my dad used to be a cross-country bus driver. It's hard and it's scary, but it's not impossible. Aaron (44R0NM10) is one of my best friends (as we normally just use webcam to communicate), and I often wish he lived here so we could go see movies and do stuff together. And I'm going to get the opportunity to do just that this summer, and I could not be more excited.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
valerio

Post by valerio »

sorrows:

1) big snow
2) car broke down
3) couldn't buy groceries
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Beagle wrote:Believe it or not, I'm a little terrified of having to make all new friends at college next year, else I'll be sitting in my dorm every night like a lump. I realized the other day that this forum is what comforts me. I'm not worried about growing apart from my friends IRL. I think I'll end up like Sleet where I live just a little drive away from "home" so I'm away from my family (and three of my best friends) but never more than an hour's drive, and when my two friends who are attending college four hours away come home for the holidays, it'll just be a giant family reunion. These two friends are best friends to each other, and they're down to earth. I'm not worried about my IRL friends.

But back to the forums, I find it comforting that I can log in here and it's all still the same, with the same people I've become close to in the past three years, even if they live far away too. XD

I guess what I can offer to you texascat, having moved as often as you did until I came to North Carolina, is that real friends don't forget where they come from. Yes, realistically, distance is one of the most difficult things to cope with, but it doesn't mean it's the end. I have friends in other countries, half of my family has been in the military, and my dad used to be a cross-country bus driver. It's hard and it's scary, but it's not impossible. Aaron (44R0NM10) is one of my best friends (as we normally just use webcam to communicate), and I often wish he lived here so we could go see movies and do stuff together. And I'm going to get the opportunity to do just that this summer, and I could not be more excited.
You get to see your other friends on breaks, too, and the whole time you get to meet new friends. College is definitely a plus!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy: Wings won both their games this weekend
Joy: Went skating with my dad and one of my fraternity brothers sunday.
Joy: I finally started making myself budget my time so I dont end up staying up til' 5am doing homeowork anymore.
Joy: definitely going to London this summer
Joy: Gonna meet one of my internet friends that goes to university in london while I'm over there.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Beagle wrote:else I'll be sitting in my dorm every night like a lump.
Hi, I'm the lump you're talking about =P

join some clubs, it's a great way to make friends if you know how. I apparently don't.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Gray

Post by Gray »

Joy: Will go to beach next week
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: The new Eeveelution is adorable!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Gray wrote:Joy: Will go to beach next week
my school is like, a few minutes away from the beach. I could go every weekend if It weren't cold, I had people to go with, or I actually liked beaches.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Sarnoff

Post by Sarnoff »

Joy: It seems like I'll probably get my charges dropped if I do more community service.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Gray wrote:Joy: Will go to beach next week
my school is like, a few minutes away from the beach. I could go every weekend if It weren't cold, I had people to go with, or I actually liked beaches.
Winter is the best time to go to the beaches. The cold water is really fun to swim in and feels pretty nice.

Post by 0404 »

Beagle wrote:Believe it or not, I'm a little terrified of having to make all new friends at college next year, else I'll be sitting in my dorm every night like a lump. I realized the other day that this forum is what comforts me. I'm not worried about growing apart from my friends IRL. I think I'll end up like Sleet where I live just a little drive away from "home" so I'm away from my family (and three of my best friends) but never more than an hour's drive, and when my two friends who are attending college four hours away come home for the holidays, it'll just be a giant family reunion. These two friends are best friends to each other, and they're down to earth. I'm not worried about my IRL friends.

Thank you beagle, I know that it's not the end but, but. it ain't the same. On skype, I can't push my friends on a pile of snow, or go to mcdonald and talk all together with mc chickens what so ever. Coping with that has been done so much that I'm used to it, but not that I like it. what am I saying?... *sigh*

I hope two of y'all have a good time this summer.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Through life, I've maintained only one or two friends at a time, offline. I haven't even had that many, for the last half-decade or so. *giggles* All my friends are online. I never get to do those awesome offline activities with them, but maybe I will someday. :3

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I have to honestly say, while I have made a few good friends here and hope those friendships stay intact, nothing truly beats physically meeting a friend at McDonalds, hanging out for an hour or more doing absolutely nothing productive, and worry the entire time that you're going to be kicked out because your friend keeps bringing up topics that would probably get me instantly banned should I mention them here (And all the while, you never truly never object to her bringing them up for some reason).

I would love to be able to meet some of you offline, but I unfortunately do not make enough money (Well, I don't make any at all really. Just somehow have a lot that magically lasts until the next summer when I work again) to be able to go out of my way to different places. Until I graduate high school, I don't think I'll meet too many of you.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: My sister is engaged! :D
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

My opnion on internet firends is that you can forge very strong and meaningful bonds with them, but they can never compare to having a best friend(s) you know in real life. That said internet friends are still friends and I certainly appreciate them putting up with me.

Sorrow: Apparently I can't apply for the program I want to because I haven't taken one of the pre-requisite classes. I'd been told by multiple people that I could but when I applied online for the waiver I was denied.
Lukewarm joy: I can probably apply next year after I take the class I still need. The program says you need to be a sophmore but I think that's just because it's a two year program and I've kinda been hoping for a reason to stay in college for five years so this might work out. I have my figners crossed.
Joy: I'm going to have a weekend full of hanging out with the new pledges, a movienight with some friends, and getting most of the scenes for my friend's rap video done and since I no longer have the upcoming application to deal with it should be pretty light on homework and stress.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I agree, internet friends are great, but it's not the same as being there IRL to spend time with them. I was lucky enough to be introduced to Housepets by someone from school so I have internet and a few IRL friends here.

Sleet- That was going to happen, and we both know it. :P I'm so happy for her! Give her my congrats!

@Seth- ...You're only a college freshman? O.O I didn't know that!

Joy: There's never a dull moment in my life right now!
Sorrow: There's never a dull moment in my life right now. D: I wouldn't mind some time to just sit down and have a few hours to read a giant chunk of Homestuck.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Nah I'm a sophmore. I used to be a poli-sci major that's why I haven't had time to take the pre-reqs for the program I wanted to get into

Joy: Turns out I can just apply next year during spring semester regardless of whether or not I'm a sophmore. I'm actually kind of excited about that. I should have some short films/ music videos to choose from to turn in (I'm required to turn in a couple pieces of my creative work with the application)
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz

Post by 0404 »

Sorrow:Imma sick
Joy:I'm getting a dogtag from real soldier from nearby city. Real Canadian army surplus Dogtag that has my name and interweb name on it.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy: Just got my acceptance email for my study abroad in London this summer.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
valerio

Post by valerio »

Seth wrote:Joy: Just got my acceptance email for my study abroad in London this summer.
neato! I'll be blessed by your nearer coolness factor!
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Joy: My friend Hunter is coming up this weekend and I am taking her out on the town. Saturday, we are going to have dinner with some friends. It is going to be great!
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
McFly

Post by McFly »

Joy: Got another acceptance. Still waitin' on the other three.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

joy: Got a bunch of work done on my friend's music video.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Joy: Finally took some time to watch anime
Sorrow: Now back to the ever-mounting pile of work I have *le sigh*
Sarnoff

Post by Sarnoff »

Sorrow: My court date is today.
Joy: I don't have to waste time in court because my lawyer is handling everything.
Joy: I think I got a decent lawyer that knows how to play the system well.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Sorrow: Crappy batteries, crappy batteries everywhere! Curse you, electrochemistry!

Actually, not really; I'm just complaining. The DS has lasted for four years, the iPod Touch for three, and the laptop for two and a half.

Post by 0404 »

My birthday is in few days and my friends are actually having a party and gifts for me.
I feel so loved. :D
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Sorrow: I think I have the flu :c Sick wolverine is sick
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Joy: I had originally given one of the students in my grading range a poor score, but I now get to give him a much better score because it was my oversight :D
???: I hope he forgives me for the hard time
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Sorrow: A friend of mine is being bullied at work. And, I might be next for stepping up to defend him and tell what I saw.

Joy: I had a good weekend hanging out with my friend Hunter and she introduced me to her friends. They are all furries!
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
McFly

Post by McFly »

Joy: Mom made banana pudding.

Sorrow: My computer has been really slow lately.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy: Got a 4 point on my first African philosophy quiz. And my professor seems to be impressed with me.
Joy: Going grocery shopping tomorrow with my mom to restock the munchies in my dorm.
Joy: Might have gotten my friend a job at the cafeteria I work at.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Sorrow:
*peers* Not sure if I need to drink something other than water, or getting a sore throat.

This calls for sweet tea at lunch today.
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

Sorrow: I am more than ticked right now. Why on earth must Dofus be the worst at understanding what their players want. Seems they are about to kill one of my characters, taking away all things that made it decent and fun.
Sarnoff

Post by Sarnoff »

Great Joy: My charges got dropped! Now I can stop worrying if I'm going to be convicted or not. All it took was a lawyer, 13 hours of community service, and taking a 2 day class.
Sorrow: I'm not too sure if my appeal to stay in the dorms went well or not.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

[deleted]
Last edited by Beagle on Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Beagle wrote:That document determines whether I go to college, take out $90,000 in loans, or end up working for minimum wage my entire life.
For what it's worth, you can go to college and earn a salary equivalent to or less than minimum wage for the rest of your life. As an example, a door-greeter and overnight cashier at the local Wal-Mart had, I was a bit stunned to learn, attained a BA degree from ATU more than a decade ago.

As a second example, *makes a gesture enveloping himself*

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

well it really depends on your major. some majors are more likely to result in working for minimum wage. for example, BAs can pretty much get you into teaching or practicing your art and hoping for a big break. Journalism degrees are in low demand with online journalism beginning to overtake other mediums.

Sciences is where it's at... of course that one also requires a bit of luck to get a good job.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets