Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

ShadowLightning

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by ShadowLightning »

Wow, you some of you guys have it so rough... hope you all get through with whatever alright. Kinda feel bad for... feeling bad over nothing lately.

Joy: It's my old highschool classmate's 18th birthday today, and I somehow got invited. Though I feel a little anxious since I rarely go out to social events like this.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Sorrow: Money problems. Bank surreptitiously cutting funds from my mum's account on a debt that she was never informed of, one that she had since 6 years ago but only now they asked for the money. The funds were for another new debt that she had incurred over some financing that she leaves every month for auto-debit, and they simply cut away a part of that to settle that old debt. Now the bank demands her to settle the rest of the new monthly debt. We're thinking of changing banks and pull out of the auto debit option, since the bank has been a jerkwad ever since we chose it.

Sorrow: I have cash, but they're barely enough for anything. Pretty much have to shelve my hopes of getting the only two games I was planning to get for Christmas this year, trying to settle our debts, and buy decent food for once. I'm also in a constant fatigue everyday, yet I'm the only one who cleans up after the house. One week of not cleaning pretty much changed this place into a dumpster, so I had to clean what I can anyway. Adding more to the tiredness factor.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That's just horrible. One DAY of not cleaning my sister's bedroom turns it into the dump but they still have no problems with not cleaning it anyway and I don't know how they live like that. o.o

I hope things get better for you and your family.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

*hugs kuro*
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: My grandmother is back home and there seems to be no permanent damage done from the stroke.
Furryface18

Post by Furryface18 »

I'm so glad she's back home and healthy.
There's no place like home...except the Housepets home page.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I'm glad to hear, Amazee. :')

And that's sad to hear, Kuro. Not sure why banks do that. =\
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Keep an eye on your grandma as she recovers, Amazee. Hopefully this would be the only one instance of stroke she had.

Small sorrow: My dad asked me to return back the laptop that he gave to me for use. I'm no longer in college, so I don't really need it as there is the home PC. I just felt that it's kinda... unfair that he wanted it back after he clearly stated that it's mine for good.

Another small sorrow: I've been mulling over the game I've been playing way too much, to the point of making myself depressed over the implications of the game's events on the characters. The lower level areas are just plain adventure and quite manageable in game, and then this newer higher level area changes things up. People get eaten alive, corpses hanging on tree branches, and a particular story arc shows a soldier having to put down her whole brigand who was infected with this corruption caused by the evil forces within the game and ended up experiencing trauma and depression. These things somehow really stuck to me, and I kinda desperately try to save everyone I could and dying so many times in the process. I know these are just 1s and 0s, but I've invested my feelings into it, and after protecting my fragile emotions for so long, even this small thing affects me. I'm kinda dreading the big turning point in the story where one of the main character dies in a horrible manner while protecting mine, but I need to go through that to get better loot xD

Yet another one: My boss at work turns out to be a calculative and conniving weasel. It turns out that in order to receive my full pay, I must work every single night for 12 hours without fail. I was not informed of this, and I lost a bit of money from the off days I took, not to mention losing money at the counter from thieves taking drinks without informing me while I doze off a bit or even when I'm in the toilet. I've also seen how very particular his work methods are, to the point of wanting to scream at me for not doing things his way. My naive disposition saved me from that, but I get the intention. I intend to quit soon, but I made it a mission to last at least until the next paycheck. This is why I went to get menial part-time work in the first place: learning how to deal with people of all sorts of colours and manners while maintaining a calm and pleasant facade.

I'm... sorry this turned out to be a wall, I want to sort out my thoughts and reread this later to analyze and do post mortem on these issues. My crippling anti-socialness is really inhibiting my own ability to ask help too

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Well, we are always here for you, Kuro. We're glad to help you out whenever you need support
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Indeed. If you need anybody to talk to at all, just know we are all here for you.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Yeah. Anything you need, we're here.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Just don't do anything too hasty now. Life can always get rough at some points but it does get better.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

EXTREME JOY!!!: The first 4 episodes of Digimon Adventure tri.(which was released as a movie in Japanese theaters just yesterday) was uploaded online, so me and my sister got to watch them! It's amazing, it was definitely worth the wait! :D
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

Im sorry for your loss GC :( my deepest condolences to you and your family.
My Fan-Fic Fox goes to Heaven (again)

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You guys are really gonna make me want to get back into Digimon! Where I was told by my sister than my choice in men when watching the show. (Season 1 I liked Matt, Season 2 was Davis, Season 3 was Henry and Season 4 was Kouichi).
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Just don't do anything too hasty now. Life can always get rough at some points but it does get better.
My life mantra to be honest. There's a lot more bad things that had happened recently, but I usually let them pass and look forward for the turning points. The ones I stated here were the ones that I felt if held within, would really mess up with my head. Better vent before it explodes.

Erm: In the end, the rest of my salary was used to buy an electric thermos for the house. Our old kettle gave way, and my mum kinda asked me if I could buy her a new one. I automatically said yes before I could really think about it.

Maybe it's for the best. I do remember a tradition here where you should give your parents something with your very first pay, no matter how small it is. So I am glad I honoured that tradition even if accidentally. Only that now I'm pretty much broke. C'est la vie

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If my paychecks don't go towards car payments and college tuition and books, I usually buy my mother charms for a charm bracelet. Thats IF my sisters aren't hitting me up for cash and not paying me back. :roll:

Anybody interesting in loan sharking for me?
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

Well things like that happen kuro. Btw may i ask how high a normal monthly income in Malaysia is?

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

I'm not exactly sure, to be honest. If you're talking household income, a source mentioned around RM10,500 ($2300) for the year 2015. If you're talking minimum wage, it's about RM900 ($200), although many employers of lower skill workers like restaurant operators and small businesses defy this ruling, and the actual wage is between RM650-RM800 ($145 - $178), like my job. Many Malaysians feel that if you're living in a city like Kuala Lumpur, then not even RM2500 ($556) is enough if you want to start a family. The baseline for hardcore poverty is set at RM560 per household ($125) following the standards of the World Bank.

If you ask me personally, you need at least RM4500 if you want to live a decent life with a house, a car and some food, and if you're not starting any family and living in the city. This is the average wage for a middle class manager of a very affluent company. The thermos? Costs RM150. The games I wanted? RM200 - RM250 each xD

Invisan

Post by Invisan »

Nah i was talkin about the normal monthly wage. Or your wage. Seems the difference in prices is not that high when it comes to games. But wow 178$ is not much considering a game would cost around 1/3 of your income. Here in Germany you get paid a base wage of 400+€ for most part time Jobs. Its always impressive how big the difference in wages is around the world. I myself earn around RM8000 (1900 USD) and feel pretty Bad paid in comparison to my colleagues. Since i just Started working fulltime a year ago. But well costs differ.

Even though i have to say that my wage is pretty good in comparison to other jobs like waiters, construction work ers and others.

Btw which games where on your list?

Joy: I have a day off today since i had enough hours on my watch so i could watch WWE Survivor Series.

Sorrow: Amazons Cyber Monday started and i can literally feel how its pulling the money from my pockets >.<

Slight Joy: Payday is just around the corner and we will get X-Mas Bonus :3

ShadowLightning

Sorrow: I have a final paper due tomorrow. We're supposed to write a close reading analysis of a poem our professor gave us. And Dog is the poem deep. And I'm guessing our professor took his time in choosing this poem cause there doesn't seem to be a previous analysis or anything about it on the internet.
What sucks more is how I had more than a week to do this, but I kept pushing it off cause it was our break and all. Oh well... Remember kids, procrastinating is bad.
Another Sorrow: I also have a test tomorrow on another class. Which i have not even studied on at all. Sigh.... Oh woe is me.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sorrow: Funeral day.

Joy: Had to say it - despite it being a funeral, it was a great funeral. Did not expect the funeral to be like this at all. Felt like alot of work went into it for my grandfather. Heartwarming, the priest was old like my grandfather, but very intelligent, charming and funny. Everyone liked him. My grandfather would be proud.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: I got an interview for medical school! :D
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Congratulations! Does that mean in the near future I could have you operating on me?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

If I recall, he's going to try to specialize in physical therapy, not surgery.
also she doesn't live near you :P
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

I thought Sleet was a dude. That's what his profile says.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Sleet keeps his gender secret here. those of us who know her true gender hide it by alternating pronouns. everyone else either does the same or picks a gender and sticks with it.

also you may be confusing him with the other fox furry named Sleet, who is a male and isn't on the forums.
now back to joys and sorrows

good luck with your interview, Sleet
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Furryface18

Post by Furryface18 »

Joy/sorrow: so I guess I'm not going to watch same charity basketball thing at school because I didn't want to pay to watch people who don't know how to play basketball play basketball. I'm going to be in the library "reading" for the afternoon. Oh well. :roll:
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Small joy: My mum's cat gave birth to three kittens...

Small sorrow: Which probably means they're gonna be dead sooner if not later. I'll let her take care of her kits on her own, I've had enough heartbreaks thinking about dead kittens all the time. Gonna need a new hoe too, I suppose just in case. Let's hope that this batch stays alive, though I highly doubt it

Joy: Took a day off work to recuperate, and so far I feel wonderful. I get to sleep in the darkness of the night, and then wake up and do some house chores. We're going to town later to pay our debts with whatever money we had left, and then maybe have lunch together for once

Czukay

Post by Czukay »

Joy: I've returned from the abyss that is too much homework!!
Joy No. 2: Thanksgiving break starts tomorrow! ^^
Feel free to call me Czu for short. The games on this forum are pretty neat.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: School let out early and no class tomorrow!
Sorrow: I have a test next week
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Joy: Went for a 4-5 mile hike and saw lots of gorgeous waterfalls
Sorrow: Fell down a 3m/10 foot cliff
Joy: Landed on my backpack and survived with no broken bones and just a few bruises and cuts
Joy: Didn't fall off the 100m/300 foot cliff that was waiting if I'd kept rolling.
Sorrow: I'm now exhausted
Joy: Going to see a working steam engine tomorrow!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Hlaoroo wrote:Joy: Went for a 4-5 mile hike and saw lots of gorgeous waterfalls
Joy: Landed on my backpack and survived with no broken bones and just a few bruises and cuts
Joy: Didn't fall off the 100m/300 foot cliff that was waiting if I'd kept rolling.
Oh man... I thank God that you're okay, that could've been really bad...
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

SuperStar wrote:
I second that.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
ShadowLightning

Douglas Collier wrote:
SuperStar wrote:
I second that.
Third. That sounded really scary. It's good to hear you're alright.

Sorrow: All three of my final exams are happening on the same day. Yay me...
Another Sorrow: I also project that's due this Saturday since the one I was supposed to do was a group project but I didn't get to contribute at all to that one so our professor's making me (and some other guy) do something else.
A little Joy: Out of everyone in the family, I'll be having my Christmas break earlier than anyone else so... that's something to look forward to, hehe.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Joy: remembered housepets. many strips to catch up on.

Yay :)
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: Leftovers for dinner from Thanksgiving!
Furryface18

Post by Furryface18 »

Sorrow: I found out a couple hours ago my uncle past away. It hit my family really hard. I'm fine but my parents and aunts and uncles aren't dealing with it well. I'm just glad I got to see him a few moths before to say bye. :(
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

You have my sympathies, Furryface.
"...kindness is its own reward. Paid in ice cream."
RP chars:
Redwall: Rhys Greenbrier
17th CF: Alasdair 'Alec' Ogilvy
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: My grandmother fell and hit her head and we had to take her to the hospital
Joy: There was nothing wrong with her
Sorrow: Her BAC was 5 times the legal limit (.4) so she probably didn't trip over my cousins stuff like she said and was drunk