Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Amazee Dayzee

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I take it you don't like where you are living now or anything about it and your job?
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

Sorrow: I have an ear infection :?
Feel free to call me Czu for short. The games on this forum are pretty neat.
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

Sorrow: my mood's gone down and I feel incredibly unmotivated, yayyy
All your acorns are belong to us.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Joy: I have the best postie ever!

Sorrow: Apparently I need a bigger mailbox. :P

Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Deske

Post by Deske »

*sooob*
Dark Souls is destroying my sanity with it's times of getting far enough to level up and then just dying.
Sorrow: I got far enough into an area and I can't find the Necromancer that is resurrecting these skeletons and I had to fight this demon and I just got ganked by them all. It was awful. I'm gonna go do it again.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

???? : I've been getting a lot of unsettling dreams lately , and the majority of them are kinda similar to one another , and I'm ok with that , and I'm not ok with the fact that I'm ok with that , sooooo don't know how to feel about this exactly .

sorrow : I just realized that I deleted a file on my google drive months ago , instead of deleting the shortcut like I intended to , argh *facewall*

sorrow : it's so hot over here X_X
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

serence ice fox wrote:sorrow : it's so hot over here X_X
Same here. I'm sleeping with the fan on and wearing shorts already.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: April 26th. The one year anniversary of my grandfather's death.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Sorry about that, I recently found out how it feels to lose a loved one.

???: I was patrol leader on my camping trip this weekend, as I was the highest ranking scout on the trip. It was a good thing to learn about being the leader, but I don't really like to be the leader. It was also annoying when people wouldn't listen to things I was told by the leaders to tell them. We ended up accidentally breaking some of the rules because of that.
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

Sorrow: It's snowed again. In april of all months.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Whozjama wrote:Sorrow: It's snowed again. In april of all months.
please ! give it to me ! X_X
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Yeah, if the sun would move from where you are to where I am Serey, that would be nice also. :lol:
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

I know right :lol:
sorrow : the internet cable thingy that connect Vietnam to the rest of the internet snapped , AGAIN !! I wonder what will it be this time , cable-chewing-shark ? oh oh , maybe the crabs did it ! :roll:
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

serence ice fox wrote:
Whozjama wrote:Sorrow: It's snowed again. In april of all months.
please ! give it to me ! X_X
Oh hun, I would love to, but I wouldn't be miserable then.

(Praise be to the room heater)
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Sorrow: It's just now dawning on me how much I'm going to miss being with my parents. I leave for college on Sunday. :(
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Joy: It was my mom's birthday yesterday!
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

Joy: Just took lots of my time to make a new avatar that actually looks really nice!
Sorrowful Joy: Next week is the week that is full of dress rehearsals and performances for Seussical where I get to stay at school from 9 am to 9 pm (which is the sorrow), but hopefully with all the rehearsing it will be a good show! (Joyful part)
I'm the Mayor of Whoville by the way.
Douglas Collier

Holy cow, Czukay! That's a HUGE improvement! Great job! :)
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Czukay wrote:I'm the Mayor of Whoville by the way.
one of my friends is him in a local production.

and I knew the general from my high school's production.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: I got to see my friend who lives in New York last night! ^_^
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

I wont have any guarantee on the matter until I get an answered email, however I was notified today that an old cat I knew has died recently. She lived in the vet practice that I occasionally go and volunteer at when I have free time. I don't know what to say really. She was more or less our mascot and we loved the old girl to bits. The place just wont ever be the same without having to hand parts of my lunch to her...or having to help re-hoover the office because she shed like there was no tommorow. No more lunch-break snuggles or free time combing sessions. So if the info is correct then...well, Good-bye Maggie, you were absolutely wonderful and I will miss you.

And on news that is far less depressing but also far more stressful. I've been worried about making final shipping payments for my fursuit for a while now. With mum helping herself to all my student finance I was left with zilch to afford this final bit. Job hunting is...well in England you are more likely to spontaniously fly to pluto and back within a day...and survive. (I so totally have tried it...*shifty eyes*) I got confirmation from three friends who offered to do their best to help me afford it. Two of them are so far definite (so far) but last minute the last guy has had his mum get more than a little stressed over the amount. If that falls through then...I am every level of completely screwed. The maker has already kindly been able to delay when needing to ship it but the room it takes up is a lot, so it needs to be done within the next couple of days or so. I wanted to sell some stuff but can't as I don't understand how to get stuff posted to places. Tried doing online surveys to help and end up making squat because they are cheap and finickity. So it all hinges on if he can help me or not...if so great, then hope there are no evil customs charges. If he can't...what can I do? Nothing. I'm completely boned. Thank you mother for taking pleasure out of financially screwing over your child. The next couple of days will determine whether I breath a sigh of relief or just die from heart related stress issues. Because I am actually that stressed that it keeps me up at night. I just don't know what to do.
I WUV MAH KITTIES!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Major sorrow: Tomorrow is the anniversary of my grandfather's death. I'm sure EVERYBODY wants me to shut up about that since I bring him up ad nauseam.
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

Small Joy: My mini-singing session went well today, my singing flowed nicely for once without exhausting myself.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sorrow: After getting right into Elder Scrolls online and World of Warcraft big time this year, I honestly felt like my energy was wasted on enough MMOs and therefore cancelled my WoW subscription for good this time. (Won't expire until September, though. Eep.)

Joy: My crazy gaming cousin, Mike, who i play most of my games with has been playing Planetside 2. Alot. This makes me very happy. Planetside 2 is incredibly fun to play, not demanding at all, and feels like a classic game of G.I.JOE and war. It's good laughs when playing with family and friends. Since we started playing again, we been doing nothing but talking about it and I hope it stays like that.

Sorrow: This scared me yesterday, but we had some hefty expenses yesterday that i wasn't aware of. We were aware of my sister's Jaw bone being fixed, but then my mother's glasses had to be fixed as well. Each of them costed over $500. Then i hear that we're running short on cash. This makes me worry that my job isn't strong enough to keep things going, despite how little my expenses are. I'm debating whether this is a sign to look for a better job or not...
JeffCvt wrote:It wasn't about people getting stuff in their eyes and being uncomfortable for a while. It was about stuff flying into the eye and damaging it.

As someone who operates power tools on a regular basis, I can confirm that safety glasses are a must. I cannot count the number of times I've had things hit my face that, should they have actually hit my eye, I would probably have lost some or all of my ability to use it. And I've only been using power tools on a regular basis for... 5 or so years. For someone like me, safety glasses are no joking matter.
The funny thing about this is, my stepdad worked in the mines. He didn't wear goggles in the mines, but they had to make sure safety is a must in the mines. If you look at the pictures i saw, though, most of them don't have goggles on since they operated some machinery away from the action, but I would assume the safety rules were taught to them just incase coal dust got in their eyes.

Nonetheless, I knew better than to operate wood without goggles. I worried about this situation all the time, so it still baffles me why i didn't listen to my own advice. Lesson learned now. =P

@Sleet - Glad to hear about that you finished your studies. =P
@Amazee Dayzee - It's not a problem. If my grandfather ever passed away, I would go into the full details of why I loved him right off the bat if i have to.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

sorrow , with a bit of annoyance and a hint of frustration :
a friend of mine is apparently suffering from the consequence which I've warned him years after years , and this is not even (the larger part anyway) his fault . He's an incredibly well-behaved son and younger brother , too well-behaved in fact that he's under constant , growing pressure from his mother and brother . I understand his mother , she's a widow who only wants the best for her sons , starting with discipline and education and all that . His brother on the other hand is an arrogant jerk , even more so now that he graduated and became , quote unquote , "the man in the family" , and using that as an excuse to do everything he wants to prove that he has power over his younger brother , even the most insane things like forbid my friend to us the computer/internet , but at the same time always nags him how he doesn't study hard enough and has to study all the time . Problem with this ? My friend is in I.T ! you know the major that's all about computer and stuff ?

Anyway , my friend , being....how he is , just take it in and refuse to stand up for himself . I warned him years ago , again and again , that he might snap one of these days and that will not be something you can recover from . Now I think he's starting to snap already , first year in college and he already failed 3 courses , he starts skipping classes , his motivation for learning which lasted from the very first grade up until the 12th grade almost completely vanishes due to the constant nagging from his family .I'm trying my best to cheer him up , I.T is his dream after all , but he told me he felt like he will never be enough , and starts giving up , I don't blame him , I know that feeling , but at the same time it's the worst option ever . And yet despite ALL that , he STILL isn't standing up for himself , not even a "please let me express my opinion" , he's 19 , he should be able to do that , but no ! If that guy was my brother he would've packed his stuff and gone the very month he got married because I won't stand for that kind of jerk whoever they are , but he's not , so I can't do anything , even if I start arguing with the guy it would only lead to my friend being shouted down upon later when no one is listening , because that's how we do things over here, cowardly and vainly . Only my friend can do it before it ruins him completely , and he's not going to do it , and I can only watch as it's happening right before my eyes ! Oizzzz......
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Ouch yeah that really sucks serene. I hope that things eventually do work out well for him. He sounds like he's nice.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Joy: Bought Don't Starve, been playing it with friends. It's a pretty fun game, died quite a few times though.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Ouch yeah that really sucks serene. I hope that things eventually do work out well for him. He sounds like he's nice.
yeah , too nice , that's the thing :roll: , but yeah , I hope so too , thanks Dayzee , and I would like to express my sincere condolences to you on this day as well.

Joy : a whole week free ! MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !
Douglas Collier

Joy: I was able to get a few hours of sleep on the train.
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

Sorrow: Got home at 9:30 in the evening, having been at school from 9-9. This is gonna be a long week.
Sorrow: My dad had his surgery to get his ostomy bag reversed today, but I wasn't able to visit him in the hospital, nor will I be able to, because of Seussical (I cannot miss any dress rehearsals... And the performances are on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (2 on Saturday).
Douglas Collier

Joy: I got to meet up with one of my friends in D.C.
Joy: The second train is a lot nicer than the first train was.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Sorrow: I got a splinter in the bottom of my foot as I was going to bed yesterday, and I have been trying to get it out all day. Multiple hours spent with no success. It hurt when I walked for the entire day, so I had to walk on my toes on that foot only. I will try to get it out again tomorrow, but the pain of walking has gone away.

Joy: The pain has gone away, which is good, as the next two days I have an all day practice for my school musical before we go back to school next week.

Sorrow: I go back to school next week.

Joy: I get to go on a field trip to DC next week, and maybe a camping trip this weekend.
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

Oh, what musical are you in, dtlux? I'm in a musical at my school too! Drama for life :3
Also,
Joy: My dad is coming home from the hospital tomorrow because there were no complications!
Joy: Found out about the castingcall thing for Voice Actors. I've literally always wanted to be a voice actor, so I submitted some!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: Tomorrow I have to begin preparations for my procedure.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Czukay wrote:Oh, what musical are you in, dtlux? I'm in a musical at my school too! Drama for life :3
I don't really like the fact that they do, but my school writes their own musicals. Last year's wasn't really good (and by that, I mean it was really bad). This year's looks like it will be good though, it is about the Princess and the Pea messing up all the fairy tales, and they need to be fixed (Little Red Riding Hood dating the Wolf and the Three Little Pigs being a rock band). I liked my Middle School musicals though, those were fun, and they were actual musicals.

Sorrow: I have to wake up early tomorrow to go to the all day thing for the musical. It will be around 7 hours long.
Joy: Even if I hate a lot of the time spent practicing, it is worth it for the final product. It seems that I just want to go home every time I stay for practice. :lol:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Joy: TWO OF MY FRIENDS GOT ENGAGED!!! :D I'M OVER THE MOON RIGHT NOW!!! :D :D :D
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Douglas Collier

Hlaoroo wrote:Joy: TWO OF MY FRIENDS GOT ENGAGED!!! :D I'M OVER THE MOON RIGHT NOW!!! :D :D :D
To each other? Let us know when you get back to Earth. :)

Joy: I got two seats to myself on this leg of the trip, so I got to lie down for the first time in two days! :D Each leg has gotten progressively better since I left Alabama. Also, hi to any of you who live in Colorado or any of the other states I've been passing through.

Sorrow: Allergies and a canker sore. Yay. =P
Deske

Post by Deske »

Douglas Collier wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote:Joy: TWO OF MY FRIENDS GOT ENGAGED!!! :D I'M OVER THE MOON RIGHT NOW!!! :D :D :D
To each other? Let us know when you get back to Earth. :)

Joy: I got two seats to myself on this leg of the trip, so I got to lie down for the first time in two days! :D Each leg has gotten progressively better since I left Alabama. Also, hi to any of you who live in Colorado or any of the other states I've been passing through.

Sorrow: Allergies and a canker sore. Yay. =P
Tell me if you cross Kansas. I can tell you which window to look out to see the best flat land and fields ever.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Awesome. Cheers :D

Joy: Got next week off starting Sunday. Mwahaha. :3

Sorrow: Found out yesterday that someone in the family hurt themselves badly while on the job. fell from a high place during setup at a theater. Worried she maybe paralyzed. I hope she's ok :(
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Douglas Collier

Joy: Made it to Utah. Going to sleep in a real bed tonight. ^^