Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

The-J-Man

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by The-J-Man »

JOY: just posted the prologue of my old story on my FA account explaining my OC'c true origins

SORROW: It took forever to convert the .doc file to a .txt file. it was just a painfully painstaking process
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm sorry to hear that Sleet. I hope you and your mate can become close friends in the future though.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

aww. sorry to hear, Sleet. =( This has been a bummed week.

Joy: At least it's my Friday today =P
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Sorry to hear that Sleet.
GameCobra, I hope your grandfather feels better.

Joy: I won a $50 gift card at work.
Joy: Got a little extra money from my parents.
Sorrow: I'm going to be let go from work next month rather than July.
Sorrow: It's gonna be a hot week. I can't take the heat.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

GC: That sounds like a serious circulatory issue. He probably needs those looked at.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Kitch wrote:GC: That sounds like a serious circulatory issue. He probably needs those looked at.
We got him to the hospital yesterday. Mother's there with him now. Love my Grandfather to death, but he's extremely stubborn when it comes to hospitals.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Anger: Windows is so finicky when it comes to its interface. I can't WAIT until I get my Mac back.
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

Joy: Had a great bike ride this morning.
Sorrow: Had to mow the lawn this morning. I absentmindedly put on my good shoes, and now they have grass stains, which I could only partially get out...
Joy: Had my Aunt's birthday party today at my Uncle-in-law's house where they have a pool.
Sorrow: I have to go back to school tomorrow, and I'm slowly getting worn out. Junior-itis is real!
Feel free to call me Czu for short. The games on this forum are pretty neat.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Just wait until you have to deal with senior-itis
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Just wait until you have to deal with senior-itis
Hopefully that will be not as effective because I'm going partially to a different school to take animation.
Feel free to call me Czu for short. The games on this forum are pretty neat.
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

Super-Joy: Just finished the very last exam of my studies!!! :D
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Hukley wrote:Super-Joy: Just finished the very last exam of my studies!!! :D

Congrats Hukley!
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Congratulations, Hukley! :D
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Hukley wrote:Super-Joy: Just finished the very last exam of my studies!!! :D
Cool thing, I'm glad for you. :D Congratulations! ;)
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Sorrow: so much writers block. I need to get motivated
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

Joy: Beat my weaker self today and went to the Gym and went on the Stepper for 1 hour and reached 3,15 km.

Normally my Mood regarding running is near Zero and i am lacking shape but well beat me to it ^^
My Fan-Fic Fox goes to Heaven (again)

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I may get my main computer back sooner than I thought!
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Deep Sorrow/Rage: A friend from college was killed by a drunk driver.
Semi-Joy: I'm using my fan fic to help me heal.

Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

trekkie wrote:Deep Sorrow/Rage: A friend from college was killed by a drunk driver.
Semi-Joy: I'm using my fan fic to help me heal.
Um, oh my goodness. I'm sorry your friend had to go out in such a bad way. :(
All your acorns are belong to us.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I'm sorry to hear that, trekkie. :(
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm sorry for your loss trekkie. If you need anything, we're all here.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I'm so sorry to hear that, Trekkie. I personally have had a friend killed in a car accident because of a driver and passenger on drugs (although that was a few years ago now) so I've some idea of what you're feeling now. If there's anything I can do to help, short of financial aid, or if you need to talk to someone then please feel free to send me a message at any time.

Joy: My new microphone arrived today! :D Now to find someone to help me test it. :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Deske

Post by Deske »

Ouch Trekkie, sorry to hear that, I hope everyone including you is doing alright.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

It's always a terrible thing to hear about driving accidents, let alone when they are drunk. My best thoughts and prayers to your friend, trekkie.

Joy and comfort: Just got news Grandfather is in the hospital now from my mother and he's doing well. Though she feels bad about accidentally giving him super hot coffee without checking the tempurature. Poor mom. :P
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

sorry to hear that trekkie , my wishes go to you and your friend's family

rage : Ok OK guys , honestly I feel like I'm beating a dead horse now anyway , but I just gotta get this of my chest . OK , so , my university told us that we don't need a TOEIC diploma to graduate , at first they did , then they told us we don't need it anymore , that was 3 semester ago , so , most of us didn't get it , spent our time concentrate on studying instead . THEN , just now , right in the middle of our finals , as in "you have 1 week left to give us all the papers and diplomas we need so you can graduate" , they RE-ADDED THE FREAKING TOEIC REQUIREMENT ! 1 week ! . It's not that getting it is the problem no , I'm sure any of those who's trying to become a teacher like I am need to at least have enough knowledge to get that , so that's not the problem , the problem is even if I go and take my test right this moment , it would take a month for me to even know the result , let alone getting the actual diploma ! WHY in the name of all that is holy are they doing this ? 1 week before closing up the final year ? Why are they keep doing the "yes you do , now you don't , now yes you do , now no you don't" carp ? This is not the first time , in fact 20 of my friends won't be graduate until 2016 because they didn't tell us that we need to study a certain subject before a certain time, THAT SUBJECT WASN'T IN THE REQUIREMENT ! And is it so freaking hard to just make up your own decision about stuff like this ? This is a school ! Not a freaking market ! What can they do if they can't even communicate from one part of the SAME BUILDING to the next and make up their final decisions competently ? Why are we the one suffering from their laziness and idiocy ? How are these people even make it to be the leading members of any educational organization ? WHY AM I EVEN BOTHER ?!

*sigh* I know I know I'm just whining , and I'm sorry for that , compare to a lot of you guys my "sorrow" is nothing but a minor annoyance , but yeah know, seeing these things so many times just got tiresome.

edit : epic rage : OK , so , now a friend of mine called and ask the headmaster , and here's what he said "the school doesn't require you to have a TOEIC diploma , if your specific major require that , then we don't know , you need to work with them yourselves"
I'm sorry I know this is gonna break the forum rules but what the howl ? "we don't know" ? how the fur can you don't know ? isn't the headmaster the highest person in a school ? HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW WHAT SOME OF YOUR EMPLOYEES ARE DOING !?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

serence ice fox wrote:edit : epic rage : OK , so , now a friend of mine called and ask the headmaster , and here's what he said "the school doesn't require you to have a TOEIC certificate , if your specific major require that , then we don't know , you need to work with them yourselves"
I'm sorry I know this is gonna break the forum rules but what the howl ? "we don't know" ? how the fur can you don't know ? isn't the headmaster the highest person in a school ? HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW WHAT SOME OF YOUR EMPLOYEES ARE DOING !?
Does each department of the school have it's own head? if so, the headmaster can really only be expected to know the requirements that apply to every student. He should make it clear that any major specific requirements should be discussed with teachers of that major though.
I'm sure the president of my university doesn't know that computer Science majors need to get 10th percentile on an exit exam to graduate cause he has to deal with every student. any specific requirements for majors are on that department's website.
your teachers or, if you have any, advisers should have made all the requirements clear.

and in my school, when they add a requirement, it only takes effect starting with the next freshman class. I'm only held to requirements that existed when I declared my major.

but sorry to hear all that.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: Does each department of the school have it's own head? if so, the headmaster can really only be expected to know the requirements that apply to every student. He should make it clear that any major specific requirements should be discussed with teachers of that major though.
I'm sure the president of my university doesn't know that computer Science majors need to get 10th percentile on an exit exam to graduate cause he has to deal with every student. any specific requirements for majors are on that department's website.
*sigh* yeah , I suppose that makes sense , I'm just too angry to be able to think of it that way
But for the rest , no we didn't get anything cleared out for us , we were and are totally in the dark , even our advisers don't actually know what's gonna happen until it happen . And this requirement were added in my 2nd year , then at the end of my 2nd year they said we don't need it anymore , just the next class below us , so yeah , that's kinda like what you said
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: and in my school, when they add a requirement, it only takes effect starting with the next freshman class. I'm only held to requirements that existed when I declared my major.
And then....they do this **** .
Thanks for just replying though , at least I won't be raging at the headmaster now for no good reason
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: Getting my computer back today!
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:and in my school, when they add a requirement, it only takes effect starting with the next freshman class. I'm only held to requirements that existed when I declared my major.
That's the way it is with most schools. In all aspects except price, you are ruled by the course catalog that was in effect when you started. It doesn't last forever, but it's usually long enough to get a four-year degree.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Super joy: I am officially now back to being a Mac user! Yay! :mrgreen:
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Joy; I have been on these forums for a year, well that and I am working on a Web comic that is improving my art skill.
Sorrow; I have seven days coming up where I work 9 hours each day.
Joy:that's currently the worst I have going for me it seems. That is very good
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

Joy: Again beat my weaker self. No its 4 days 4 times to the gym on the records ^^

Sorrow: have sore muscles now.

Sorrow too: Im bored and i dont know what i want to do to change it.
My Fan-Fic Fox goes to Heaven (again)

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Sorrow: A drinking glass broke while I was washing my dishes last night and now I have a chunk cut out of my little finger. It doesn't hurt that bad but it bleeds when I change the bandage and it looks like it will take a while to heal.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Ouch that sounds painful. Maybe you should have it looked at?
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Panic / anger: I just learned that I have to pay the rent for next March tomorrow - $260 I don't have. I also have to pay for next April this August. I wasn't expecting to have to pay until July for summer's rent. I wish they had mentioned it when I asked in the office when my next payment would be.

Sort of consolation: I won't have to worry about rent when March and April come along.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Nervous: We found a lump on my dog's back. Our last dog had a lump on his back and died from cancer.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Joy: I'm an uncle again. :3

My sister gave birth to her second right after midnight, a girl.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Congrats, Uncle Kitch! That's great news! :D
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Congratulations, Kitch! :D
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Joy: I went to a convention and met Rob Paulsen (voice of Yakko and Pinky) and got his autograph and a picture. I told him how listening to his podcast is part of why I want to be a voice actor.
me on the left, rob in the middle, and my brother on the right
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets