Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

no offense, but your dad sounds like a cartoony villain of some sort.
or maybe offense if you want it.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Wolfy wrote:Okay it is major ranting time now.

Ugh my parents decided to go to the Carvery for dinner today with my little sister. Mum
wanted me to come but the last time we went anywhere for food was appalling. The entire time out was full of Dad shouting at us non stop because we wouldn't order what he wanted us to eat. He was then extremely rude to and about our waiter. He unbuttoned practically every button on his shirt allowing his disgusting body to show. It is horrible I assure you, he has fat rolls on his fat rolls on his fat rolls on his moobs. He splayed himself for the world to see which is disgusting when you are trying to eat. And then to make matters worse he eats like pig. He has his mouth open while chewing, breathes heavily through his mouth causing the occasional food piece to come out, piles the fork full of food and continually shoves it down his throat while making these horrible sounding noises and then after that he LICKS his plate clean in front of everyone making more noises bangs the plate down belches, farts then exclaims loudly "Oh that tasted absolutely grand! I could do with more though." All the while keeping his piggy eyes on our food. Even if no one else orders pudding he will make us wait so that he can have pudding and if we do and we go up to get another drink we will come back to find he has eaten all of our puddings as well. He steals the cutlery from there and then on the way back he drives about halfway on the other side of the road and is constantly swerving about and swearing at every other person on the road. We then get home and he raids the fridge and eats what usually amounts up to another full meal.
All this and I'm the horrible nasty child who doesn't want to come because I don't appreciate him enough. There is a reason why I eat my meals in my room. I don't want to throw up that's why.
The rant is over for now. I shall have to steel myself for the inevitable shouting I shall receive when he gets back.
I'm sorry you have to deal with that. :( It can't be easy to be patient with someone who acts like that, especially if it's your own father--but it's good to try.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com

Post by 0404 »

Sorry to hear that wolfy.

Sorrow:Ahhhh **** in school that I goto- price of volunteering is risking grade average....
McFly

Post by McFly »

Sorrow: Hit my foot against the door this afternoon.

Joy: The pain stopped a while ago.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Joy: I placed well enough in a college test today that I can get into the classes I need now.

Joy/sorrow: I can go to college, but it's not the one I wanted.

Joy/sorrow: I live in a great state, and I love it here, but I want to be somewhere else...
Last edited by Blue Braixen on Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I just don't know: I'm single for the first time in 11 months. I just... don't know.

I do, however, feel somewhat relieved. It's good to be single after a long time, and I've needed this to branch out (I'm now a member of the marching band, and I have graduation project, a college class, and physics this semester) and I need to fix some friendships that have become broken.

I felt like everyone had abandoned me for the majority of the summer. But as soon as my Facebook changed, all of my friends were blowing up my phone with calls, texts, and notifications. I'm not going to lie, it hurts to be left after a year, and I did spend two and half hours crying my eyes out at a close friend's house. The female best friend who hadn't spoken to me in two months called me and talked to me for two hours. My male best friend is spending the next two days ago with me as soon as he gets home from Chicago. I got a text from another very close friend saying she was coming over tomorrow, whether she was invited or not, and asked whether I want chocolate, candy, or ice cream. After hitting the dirt, I was picked up and given a hug. And that means so much to me.

It still feels too weird to call him my ex, but he did promise me that we were going to stay friends; he gave me his word that we were going to talk almost as much as we used to. From past relationships, I have known that if you tear someone out of your life completely, it is going to hurt and it is a bit unnecessary (unless they were abusive, then no contact is absolutely needed). All of my ex-boyfriends are still my best friends. I hope he keeps his word, because I believe we broke up for a very stupid reason, and I really do not want to lose one of the closest people in my life, but I do want to be single for a while.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Beagle wrote:I just don't know: I'm single for the first time in 11 months. I just... don't know.

I do, however, feel somewhat relieved. It's good to be single after a long time, and I've needed this to branch out (I'm now a member of the marching band, and I have graduation project, a college class, and physics this semester) and I need to fix some friendships that have become broken.

I felt like everyone had abandoned me for the majority of the summer. But as soon as my Facebook changed, all of my friends were blowing up my phone with calls, texts, and notifications. I'm not going to lie, it hurts to be left after a year, and I did spend two and half hours crying my eyes out at a close friend's house. The female best friend who hadn't spoken to me in two months called me and talked to me for two hours. My male best friend is spending the next two days ago with me as soon as he gets home from Chicago. I got a text from another very close friend saying she was coming over tomorrow, whether she was invited or not, and asked whether I want chocolate, candy, or ice cream. After hitting the dirt, I was picked up and given a hug. And that means so much to me.

It still feels too weird to call him my ex, but he did promise me that we were going to stay friends; he gave me his word that we were going to talk almost as much as we used to. From past relationships, I have known that if you tear someone out of your life completely, it is going to hurt and it is a bit unnecessary (unless they were abusive, then no contact is absolutely needed). All of my ex-boyfriends are still my best friends. I hope he keeps his word, because I believe we broke up for a very stupid reason, and I really do not want to lose one of the closest people in my life, but I do want to be single for a while.
Sorry to hear you broke up, Beagle. :( Glad some good has come from it, though. That female best friend of yours sounds like she was a true friend.

And I hope your friend will remain friends with you. I've been through something similar only we never remained friends at all, or even on speaking terms. I hope your ex is a true friend, though--I don't know what he's like as well as you do.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Sorry to hear about that Beagle, but at least you had plenty of friends there to catch you. and the ex, if he keeps his word, didn't even let you free fall into them. I'm sure you'll find someone else whenever you want someone else.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Beagle wrote:All That
Why didn't you tell me!? *hugs tightly* I'm glad some good came out if it, at least. Lemme know if you need me to disappear someone.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Chewy
I think they were all my true friends, I just didn't want to see it until now.

He might try. Maybe. I don't know. He doesn't really keep "friends" so I have a feeling that we'll either talk regularly or not talk at all. He broke up with me, so he can make the first sign of being civil.

Brent
It's my senior year and I just got dumped after almost an entire year. I do not want to think about any new relationships right now. I appreciate the kind words, though.

Diss
It happened at 7:30 PM my time. I was too busy crying in the arms of someone and talking on the phone for a long while.

Post by 0404 »

I'm...m sorry to hear that Beagle. *Hug* I don't know what to say but I hope everythings workout well.
I actually saved my birthday wish to use it for someone else someday, let me know when you need it.*hugs*
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I am sorry ot hear it Beagle.... I hope you are alright, and you know you have friends online as well as real life. Wish we could do more, but if nothing else, we are here in spirit.

Sorrow: My grandmother fell and broke her hip today. She is in the hospital and going into surgery in a half hour for hip replacement. She is 74...... not a good age for surgery. :?
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

*hugs texascat tightly* You are so sweet, you know. *hugs again*

*hugs copper* Thanks, you know, it's funny, because in a way I've never felt so loved. I mean, while I was gone seeing my best friend's mom (Jacamal's mother) this afternoon, two close friends swung by my house and brought me a can of Mountain Dew (my favorite soda) and a whole pack of Reese's cups (one of my favorite candies). That made me smile for the first time today.

I talked to my ex; I told him upfront that although I was really hurting, I was going to be okay as long as he kept his promise of staying close friends, like how close I am with Jacamal. He said that was he was okay with that, and it didn't bother him. Now I just feel enourmously better now that I know that, even though a rug got pulled out from under my feet, no one is going to kick me while I'm down. I don't care if we're not "dating" just as long as someone who was a huge part of my life for so long is still there; I've been through that with a guy before and it was like someone had removed a limb and it never fully healed.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Wow, sounds like you've had an emotional roller coaster ride Beagle.

I'm glad to hear that everything is at least working out in a positive manor. I've seen relationships that have gone South, the people don't talk to each other, then end up back together, and break up again and it's just one big mess that no one wants to be involved in.

That's why I don't date right now. I'm not ready to put the commitment into having a girlfriend. I have several close friends that I would do anything for if they asked me. And would do anything for me should I ask them. That's all I need right now. I'm glad to see that you have friends that do the same.

Sorrow: Some of the kids in Drumline seem to be convinced that I do some sort of illegal drug or something. I don't know, they just think I'm too calm all of the time or something.
While one kid did say he was joking around when he said that, I'm not so sure he was totally joking. And I think at least one other thinks that I really do.
Joy: I don't do illegal drugs and so I don't really care if they think I do or not. I just don't want it to become a rumor that I do.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Sorrow: Another friend moved away. She is just across town but it feels like the other side of the continent.

Sorrow: I burned my mouth eating white chilli.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil

Post by 0404 »

JOY!: Had lots of fun at Local Parkour Club, yeah I can do front flip to somewhat degree.....
Joy:Hug is beautiful thing that's created by man kind. or possibly by animals.

Mayday Mayday Mayday
My cat just disapeared.
I searched every inch of my house and nighbors. But no sign of her. I saw other cats hanging around but not my cat. She is an indoor cat.
Would she just come back to house tomorrow morning? Or just be gone?

Mod Edit: Please do not double post. If you need to add new information to a topic and yours is the most recent post, you may use the edit button in its upper-right corner.
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

texascat018 wrote:JOY!: Had lots of fun at Local Parkour Club, yeah I can do front flip to somewhat degree.....

Mayday Mayday Mayday
My cat just disapeared.
I searched every inch of my house and nighbors. But no sign of her. I saw other cats hanging around but not my cat. She is an indoor cat.
Would she just come back to house tomorrow morning? Or just be gone?

That's awesome that you're part of a parkour club! I wish I could do a backflip, but I don't have anyone to spot me as I practice. I'll continue to practice and attempt new techniques as I learn them, and when I get a chance I'll go back to my favorite spot and free run a bit. I wish you the best with your training! :D

And I hope that you find your cat. :( cats sometimes roam but they usually come back after a while. Hopefully it's nothing more than that. Since she is an indoor cat I wouldn't imagine that she would have gone too far. I would set food outside and keep a watch out for her. And I know you already checked your neighborhood, but you may want to check again if she doesn't show in the morning.
Life is Music, and Music is Life
------------------
My songs: http://www.soundcloud.com/onevirtue

Check out my FA page too!
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

Joy: He didn't shout at me! Yay! I just strategically positioned myself into a situation where it would be difficult for him to do it. AKA I holed up in my room for almost an entire day and didn't come out till I was certain he was in a good mood.

Joy: Watched Bolt a few hours ago, hooray for messed up sleeping hours.

Sorrow: Once again the police have been looking down our street again. There was a mysterious car parked to our left and they were searching down the end of the cul-de-sac. With flashlights. Maybe because it was about 2am.

Uber joy: Even though the police were here this has to be the first ever time where it is not our fault they had to come down. I feel happy.

Joy: I got more chocolate today. The nest I have made in my room continues to stay well provisioned.

Joy: Got invited round a friends house for a sleepover. So what if I'm 18 your never too old to have sleepovers with your friends. Now if only it meant I wasn't gonna get only a couple oof hours sleep tonight.
I WUV MAH KITTIES!

Post by 0404 »

Inali wrote:
texascat018 wrote:JOY!: Had lots of fun at Local Parkour Club, yeah I can do front flip to somewhat degree.....

Mayday Mayday Mayday
My cat just disapeared.
Would she just come back to home by tomorrow morning? Or just be gone?

That's awesome that you're part of a parkour club! I wish I could do a backflip, but I don't have anyone to spot me as I practice. I'll continue to practice and attempt new techniques as I learn them, and when I get a chance I'll go back to my favorite spot and free run a bit. I wish you the best with your training! :D

And I hope that you find your cat. :( cats sometimes roam but they usually come back after a while. Hopefully it's nothing more than that. Since she is an indoor cat I wouldn't imagine that she would have gone too far. I would set food outside and keep a watch out for her. And I know you already checked your neighborhood, but you may want to check again if she doesn't show in the morning.
It'ssss soooooo fun!!! I would totally spot it for you if I can. Wish you luck with backflip, landing on butt or head is no good.
JOY: well I found her back! *Mwaaaa kisses her.
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Joy: The power is back so that's cool :D
Joy 2: We went out for ice cream today and I got soft serve orange creamsickle. BEST THING EVER.
Joy 3: Tomorrow is the start of tax free weekend. For those of you that don't know what it is, I'll explain. In some US stated we have sales tax, and in Massachusetts its 6.5%, and that sucks for buying things. I'm thinking of picking up like, an animated Batman movie, Mystery Science Theater 3000, and maybe a couple cheep games. Anyone got any suggestions?
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:Joy: The power is back so that's cool :D
Joy 2: We went out for ice cream today and I got soft serve orange creamsickle. BEST THING EVER.
Joy 3: Tomorrow is the start of tax free weekend. For those of you that don't know what it is, I'll explain. In some US stated we have sales tax, and in Massachusetts its 6.5%, and that sucks for buying things. I'm thinking of picking up like, an animated Batman movie, Mystery Science Theater 3000, and maybe a couple cheep games. Anyone got any suggestions?
The sales tax in Texas is 8.25%. *jealous*
I'll have to see what I can get, but it's mainly supposed to affect prices on clothing, school supplies, and I think food.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I hate sales tax. I bring something up and then it ends up costing more than what the price in the shelf was.
It gets me every time. I'll have the right amount of money ready and then I have to pull another dollar out because of the tax.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit

Post by 0404 »

Sorrow: Pfffff You call that a tax? Ours is 12% (gst+pst) and from what i believe income tax is about 25%
My friend worked and earned about 1000 bucks but government took 250 bucks out of it, so all he got is about 700
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

JeffCvt wrote:I hate sales tax. I bring something up and then it ends up costing more than what the price in the shelf was.
It gets me every time. I'll have the right amount of money ready and then I have to pull another dollar out because of the tax.
It'd be very convenient if sales tax could be included in displayed price.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

texascat018 wrote:Sorrow: Pfffff You call that a tax? Ours is 12% (gst+pst) and from what i believe income tax is about 25%
My friend worked and earned about 1000 bucks but government took 250 bucks out of it, so all he got is about 700
Isn't there a tax threshold? You have to earn so much before getting taxed.

Post by 0404 »

I have no idea since I never really had a real job before.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Sleet wrote:It'd be very convenient if sales tax could be included in displayed price.
That's what I thought since I was 5 years old. I've actually been to a gift shop that did do that on some stuff that I had bought. The price labeled was the price that I payed. When I asked the lady why, she said the tax was already included in the price.
Why can't they do that everywhere?
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Sleet wrote:It'd be very convenient if sales tax could be included in displayed price.
Come to England, where we do that time saving business.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

JeffCvt wrote:
That's what I thought since I was 5 years old. I've actually been to a gift shop that did do that on some stuff that I had bought. The price labeled was the price that I payed. When I asked the lady why, she said the tax was already included in the price.
Why can't they do that everywhere?
It would be a logistical nightmare, given the various Federal, state, county, and municipality taxes. Having said that, this is not a 'taxes' discussion thread; nor is it possible to discuss politics on the forums. Please keep all future posts relevant to joys and sorrows.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Sorrow: I was loading up the back of my truck with some vines and brush and stuff like that when the skies opened up and rained one of the hardest rains that you could probably have without a tropical storm or hurricane.

I'm apparently not smart enough to take cover when it rains, because I just kept loading up the truck despite the downpour. My shirt was soaking wet, there was water dripping from the front of my hat, my gloves were saturated within 40 seconds, and I just kept working like I wasn't being rained on.

The rain only lasted about 10 or 15 minuets, and I only stopped to roll up the windows on the truck and take a video with my phone because I couldn't believe just how hard of a rain I would work in without a care.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit

Post by 0404 »

Sorrow: I don't like my qwerty phone. Keyboard just isn't working right.
And ma phone got no speeling checkwing system.

Sorrow:well, there is illegal marijuana smokers around where I live.I don't know where the smell is coming from.
I'm thinking about calling cops. never done it before. Do I just call cops and over? or detective comes to my place and asks me things?
Joy:La noire is awsome. being detective sounds like fun.
Last edited by 0404 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

Mixed - Those adverts keep changing, if I didn't know better I would say those companies are keeping an eye on us coming here.
Joy - I'm glad this topic continues to thrive.
Joy - The second year of being a member here is coming up.
Joy - Finally managed to come back online, and I bought myself a brand new computer as well.
Joy - Now I can play games on my computer, but I don't know how much it can take.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy: I've had a ton of fun catching up with all my friends since I got back
sorrow:I need to do a research paper for the class I took in Amsterdam
Joy: I work for the university so Ipretty much got to tell them I was working half days for the next week in order to have time to get to the library and study.
Joy:THe annual family camping trip is coming up and one of my best freinds is probably coming with my mom and I.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Sorrow: I've just been feeling bad today. I was in a bad mood because my mom was having me work with my uncle tomorrow despite the fact I already said no to it, so she's making choices for me. Than she decided to yell at me for not being in a great mood, which made my mood WORSE.
Sorrow 2: My girlfriend Scarlet is in a bad mood too
Joy: I have Mystery Science Theater 3000 DVDs now.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Sorrow: this thread still exists.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

why's that a sorrow? because there are so many sorrows as opposed to joys?
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Joy: I got a ton done today at the house I have been doing yard work at. I pulled a ton of vines and stuff that the weed whacker didn't chop up yesterday, then laid that fabric that is supposed to prevent weeds from growing. After that I laid down a truck bed full of mulch, then took the weed whacker and utterly destroyed a bunch of overgrown weeds and stuff.

While that may not seem like a lot, I had to have spent the better part of 4-5 hours with that weed whacker strapped to my shoulder. Just from the weed whacking alone, I made a good 3 full loads of weeds and other stuff that I cut up with it. That's just the weed whacker, I have another load from stuff that I whacked yesterday and pulled by hand today. Altogether, I probably have something like 5-6 truckloads of stuff that I still have to take away. And I'm not done yet. There is still probably 3-4 more truckloads of stuff that I still have to chop, pull, or remove in some other fashion.

Sorrow: All of that came at the cost of my hands. While they don't hurt, they look terrible and I'm afraid that they will hurt tomorrow. Not good if you're one of only two cymbal players in the band (And the only one who actually knows what they are doing because they aren't a freshman :| )

Sorrow: My legs were also just a little sore today. If they are actually sore tomorrow, that's not going to be good as we are also going to start marching and all that tomorrow. We march high knee style, so that does a number on your legs without them already feeling like jello.

Joy: I'm at least carpooling with one of my friends tomorrow to bandcamp. And I'm pretty sure that I'll do fine with the marching. I hope anyway.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
KogaShinigami
Location: Between here and there, but more there than here...

Post by KogaShinigami »

Joy

I finally found or should say re-found inspiration to draw once more. Which is a big deal since I have touched a pencil in six months. Thinking about doing some fan art possibly and even start writing more.

Sorrow

As it stands right now, I am currently unemployed and looking for work. Ironically, losing my job was what made me stop writing anything or drawing in the first place.
"Wearing a turtleneck is like being strangled by a really weak guy, all day. Wearing a backpack and a turtleneck is like a weak midget trying to bring you down."
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

44R0NM10 wrote:Sorrow: this thread still exists.
I hope that's a joke.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Sorrow: one of my best friend told his parents he had decided not to go to church anymore and they told him that if he stops going with them they'll kick him out and keep his college fund from him. So he pretty much has to choose between his integrity and his future.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz