Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Amazee Dayzee

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

But you are dead tired when you get back.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

A little update about my working hours in the Coast Guard:

I woke up Wednesday at about 5:30 AM to get ready and catch the van we have going from the hotel to the ship. (My ship is in dry dock, so we're living in a hotel for the time being.) By the time everyone gets to the ship, eats breakfast, and begins work it's about 7:30ish, maybe 8:00. Everyone works until 3:00, which is when we get off unless you're on duty overnight. I had overnight duty. So I wasn't allowed to leave, and the particular watch I had to stand was from 4 until 11. And 11 is just when I get relieved, so I still have to shower and whatnot before I can fall asleep (In my bunk on the ship). THEN I still have to wake up at 5 to relieve the person who relieved me in the morning so they can go back to the hotel and get the day off for standing the midnight watch while I wait for everyone else to show up, eat with them, and start work at 7:30 all over again. :P

And that was after only getting like, 4 or 5 hours of sleep the night before too due to not falling asleep when my head hit the pillow. Talk about tired.

(Though to be fair, after breakfast, I am allowed to go back to sleep for a few hours if I want. I just choose not to. :P)
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Then maybe next time you should so you can be at full awareness when you are guarding the coast. :mrgreen:
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

Sorrow: Had to work from 8am to 10 pm Yesterday since we had an emergency at work.

Joy: Gonna get of early today :)
More Joy: It`s Friday.
Even more Joy: Got my Tax Refund. I finally can pay my mum back the left money for the car so its finally my own.

Again more joy: Progress for my big 2016 Project is advancing pretty great. Especially due to myself saving some more money.
My Fan-Fic Fox goes to Heaven (again)

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Joy: I had a pretty great Skype call with my friend today. Hope to have another one next week. :P
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: The snow has completely melted and I want it to snow again but it looks like its too nice for that. Blech.
ShadowLightning

Sorrow: I fell asleep really late last night and now I'm dead-tired.
Another Sorrow: I also have things I need to do but can't cause I'm having a hard time focusing with my current state. Sigh...
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

ShadowLightning wrote:Sorrow: I fell asleep really late last night and now I'm dead-tired.
Another Sorrow: I also have things I need to do but can't cause I'm having a hard time focusing with my current state. Sigh...
Try to listen to some Music while doing your stuff. For me it helps me focussing.
My Fan-Fic Fox goes to Heaven (again)

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Joy: Had a neat dream about being a corgi puppy and then becoming a dragon.

Joy: Two classes canceled today! One because of the snow and one was already canceled for the week.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I'm almost done with my weekly reading
Furryface18

Post by Furryface18 »

Was gong to work on my hovercraft project yesterday but it started raining and so I guess I'll just get an F.
There's no place like home...except the Housepets home page.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: I feel like my grandmother is giving up and just waiting to die. :cry:

So to recap, one grandfather is dead, the other is suffering from glaucoma, one grandmother had a stroke and the other one is just waiting for death to come.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

*hugs you* I'm really sorry to hear that. I'm praying for your family.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm sure it was nothing and my mother was just being sarcastic but it still is worrying.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Sorrow/Annoyance: Due to a recent court proceedings here, there are rumours going on that my hometown, the state of Sabah, is going to be attacked by Sulu guerilla militants. News are spreading that several boats full of weapons have been found near the coast. Which means it might not be safe to go out till the situation is diffused.

I just hope that this ends well, especially since the bombing incident in Indonesia recently.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

Joy: found one of the missing books that I need to study for the test

Sorrow: the other is still missing. Also is the most important one. :?
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I hope that nothing too serious happens over there Kuro. That sounds really scary.
ShadowLightning

Sorrow: My little sister's sick. They say she has "Strawberry Tongue" or something. We're not sure yet if it's that bad, but she's going to the hospital to get confined for a few days. And my mom's coming with her too. I'm a little scared. :(
Douglas Collier

Sorry to hear that, ShadowLightning. Here's some info about strawberry tongue I found on the web: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossitis#Strawberry_tongue

Joy: Went sledding in my fursuit last night. Learned that I can belly slide in it. :D
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: We got more snow! Yay!
RashallVetkay

Post by RashallVetkay »

Sorrow: No snow or continuous cold weather here in South Texas. I lived 9 years in Oregon, West coast of the U.S., and was born in Anchorage, Alaska I love cold weather and snow.
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

Xbox Live ID: Rashall Vetkay

Steam ID: Rashall (same avatar picture as here on the forums)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Maybe my mother should move out there. She HATES the cold.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Joy: Seems like nothing major happened in Sabah lately. Glad the military presence at the coast scared the militants off

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

RashallVetkay wrote:Sorrow: No snow or continuous cold weather here in South Texas. I lived 9 years in Oregon, West coast of the U.S., and was born in Anchorage, Alaska I love cold weather and snow.
If a least we had snow here... :cry:

Here only snowed three times since 1912.
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: It is gonna snow again. Though I would have PREFERRED the snow come when the snow on the ground has completely melted. XD
RashallVetkay

Post by RashallVetkay »

tsMKG wrote:If a least we had snow here... :cry:

Here only snowed three times since 1912.

2004 actually, at least for Corpus Christi. Fun fact that was my first Christmas down here after we had moved from Oregon.
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

Xbox Live ID: Rashall Vetkay

Steam ID: Rashall (same avatar picture as here on the forums)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It needs to snow on MY schedule. Meaning it can't snow again while there is still snow on the ground. That defeats the purpose of snow. XD
Furryface18

Post by Furryface18 »

Joy: No school until Tuesday because of pancake day tomorrow. I really needed this break.
There's no place like home...except the Housepets home page.
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

Sorrow: It has been a very long while since I posted to this forum and I am well behind on the actual comic.
Joy: Writing a novel I guess.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Terror: My mother had a doctor's appointment and slid in the snow so she was facing and in the lane of oncoming traffic.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Eeeep. I hope she's alright. :(

Joy: Sister is doing great where she's at. Apparantly got herself a date as well. Wonder how this will develop now? X3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
D3ath_0ps

Post by D3ath_0ps »

Meh: People keep dropping out of the A Capella choir that I'm in. I'm the bass section leader, and we've lost two out of the four we currently had (including myself). Since the first semester we've had 19-20 people in the choir, now we're down to just 11. Some leave/quit because of "schedule conflicts" and "too much stress," and I COMPLETELY understand, but there's the issue when one should realize that taking this extra-curricular club means a full year. Some of the freshman that auditioned for the club hadn't even realized the stuff they would have to face in the semesters to come, and then they just drop out out of the blue? I don't know... I have reason to be mad, but then again I understand that they just didn't know how much time they would actually have to attend. Sorry for the rant, but I just needed to let off some steam.

Joy: Sore Throat is almost gone.
Joy: I'm eating healthier-ish
Joy: I've consumed massive amounts of water (more than I normally drink).

Sorrow: ...I should probably get to doing my homework assignments due tomorrow. x3
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: Test coming up. I need to study. I HATE studying. DX
Douglas Collier

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Sorrow: Test coming up. I need to study. I HATE studying. DX
^ Ditto
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

D3ath_0ps wrote:Meh: People keep dropping out of the A Capella choir that I'm in. I'm the bass section leader, and we've lost two out of the four we currently had (including myself). Since the first semester we've had 19-20 people in the choir, now we're down to just 11. Some leave/quit because of "schedule conflicts" and "too much stress," and I COMPLETELY understand, but there's the issue when one should realize that taking this extra-curricular club means a full year. Some of the freshman that auditioned for the club hadn't even realized the stuff they would have to face in the semesters to come, and then they just drop out out of the blue? I don't know... I have reason to be mad, but then again I understand that they just didn't know how much time they would actually have to attend. Sorry for the rant, but I just needed to let off some steam.
Heh, being the management team leader and the shoe-in trainer for my university's choir team, I can somehow relate to your problems. We Malaysians have a saying for people like these, "they are like Chipsmore cookies, one minute they're there, the next they're gone."

Joy: Just returned from my paternal grandma's 80th birthday celebration at this grand Chinese restaurant. Quite a feast, and got to catch up with my dad's side of the family.

Sorrow?: Though I wonder if my grandma herself enjoyed the party. She seemed a little tired, and the rest of the family was busy indulging themselves with selfies.

Sorrow: I think they served shark fin soup, and I unwittingly ate it before remembering what it was. That, and the boiled sea turtle eggs that were served in a wedding last month, made me feel terribly uncomfortable of the environmental issues. Dx

tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Sorrow: Test coming up. I need to study. I HATE studying. DX
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Wow. I guess this week must be National Study for a Test week then. XD
ShadowLightning

I have a test as well on Monday. Guess I should study too :lol:
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Sorrow: I don't have a car anymore. :(

Joy: I think I can afford to get a really nice new one. Here's hoping tomorrow...
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

What car are you planning to get?