Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Cm4F

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Cm4F »

Joy: I got an awesome GPA for my first semester @ Winthrop!!!

ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Joy:
Beagle in the Chat Thread wrote:SLEEEEEEEET! That extra credit brought my test up to an 89. Your help all last week brought my average in physics this quarter up from a 78% to an 86.7%. Thank you~
I went from almost a D to a B, and now making a final 'A' in the course is actually plausible if I play my cards right. Excited Beagle is excited. :V
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

You're so very welcome! *hugs*

Cm4F, your wallpaper is adorable.

Joy: I finished my medical school application in time! Now I can actually relax a little. That's a huge weight off my shoulders.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
McFly

Post by McFly »

Cm4F wrote:Joy: I got an awesome GPA for my first semester @ Winthrop!!!

Good job. :)

Also, nice background.
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

Sleet wrote:You're so very welcome! *hugs*

Joy: I finished my medical school application in time! Now I can actually relax a little. That's a huge weight off my shoulders.
CONGRATULATIONS SLEET!!!!!!
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Sleet wrote:You're so very welcome! *hugs*

McFly wrote:
Cm4F wrote:Joy: I got an awesome GPA for my first semester @ Winthrop!!!

Good job. :)

Also, nice background.
Here's the wallpaper.
ImageImage

Post by 0404 »

Nice one Cmf4!
I was inactive for a while, I guess I can use this little spare time to share what's going on around me
Joy:got 98% on physics test
Sorrow: due to some online visa Transaction failure, my 60 bucks are at nowhere.
Joy:I'm getting 80-95 on my English.
Sorrow:I haven't talk to y'all forum friends for long while, I miss you all.
Joy: ' Did really well on Recent Guitar concert, Bass and Upright bass all the way.
Joy: A school event opening video I was commissioned to make was really successful, every single grade in my school watched it and liked it :D
ummmm: as I grow I have to make decisions and it's kinda hard.
Joy: I learned that I look really nice in my suit with my cowboyhat.
Sorrow: I wasn't able to make in to the Air riffle team :(
DingoVolf
Location: It was unwise to wake the 3-eyed cat, but we did it anyways, and now look at us. Whatever you do,

Post by DingoVolf »

Cm4f - the I.T. security part of me is screaming "Don't post images with all that personal data viewable!", but the rest of me is cheering you on for some solid grades. Grats man!

Also, I am more than a bit jealous of all you college persons. Going to school and working at colleges were some of the best times of my life. If anyone knows of an opening for a gently used computer admin person, please let me know. :)
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

DingoVolf wrote:Cm4f - the I.T. security part of me is screaming "Don't post images with all that personal data viewable!", but the rest of me is cheering you on for some solid grades. Grats man!

Also, I am more than a bit jealous of all you college persons. Going to school and working at colleges were some of the best times of my life. If anyone knows of an opening for a gently used computer admin person, please let me know. :)
I don't know about Winthrop but you can always call and check, if you really want to move to one of the most boring towns in South Carolina... :D
ImageImage

McFly

Post by McFly »

Joy: The quarter is finally over. Now all I have to do is prepare for finals.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

WOOOOOOOH!
I was accepted into my dream college!!!!!!!!!! *flips out and spazzes all over the place*
McFly

Post by McFly »

Congratulations, Beagle! :)
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Thank you, McFly! I'm certainly very happy about it! ^_^
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

My goodness :D :D CONGRATS BEAGLE :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

*hugtackles Beagle* Congrats!
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur

Post by 0404 »

Confetti!
Congrat Beagle!
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Thanks guys~ *hugs GameCobra* I have just had a really great day!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

SO MANY CONGRATS! *super hugs*
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Joy: looked at the weather forecast last night and it was gonna be really boring and snowmelty all day but now its apparently gonna snow all day and it is now so yaaaaaaay

Sorrow: It won't matter though because its prolly gonna be above freezing all day so its just gonna be crap.
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Beagle wrote:WOOOOOOOH!
I was accepted into my dream college!!!!!!!!!! *flips out and spazzes all over the place*
Oh wow, nice job!! It's an amazing feeling when that happens.
ImageImage

Beagle

Post by Beagle »

*hugs Sleet tightly* Thank you!

Cm4F, I ran through my house giggling like a crazy person when I found out. XD And thank you!
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Sorrow: I'm beginning to wonder just how much of my life I've actually wanted, as opposed to how much I feel I've been forced to due to where I live. Quite frankly, this is university. I've applied and been accepted into the one I've wanted to get into...but now I don't know if I even want to go. It's never been my dream to go to uni', and I could imagine getting my dream job (police force) without a college education. I'm kinda just unsure what to do now. Most people are scared their college/uni' won't accept them, and now I've been accepted I wonder if I even want to go, hehe...crazy world...

(this isn't because I'm lazy, but more because my passion has never really been this area)
McFly

Post by McFly »

Sorrow: One of my cousins was injured in a car accident. His leg was broken in two places and had to get surgery.

Joy: He says he's alright.
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Joy: finally got my Hanukkah present today! It's a Razer Mamba gaming mouse with Wireless and a charging dock. It has 1ms response times in wireless mode (seamless) and the scroll wheel is shiney.
Sent from my conifer.

Post by 0404 »

@44R0NM10 my best regard, growing up is hard...

Sorrow: my Weekend plan was ruined cuz I had to sit my brother and brother's friend.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

yehoshua wrote:Joy: finally got my Hanukkah present today! It's a Razer Mamba gaming mouse with Wireless and a charging dock. It has 1ms response times in wireless mode (seamless) and the scroll wheel is shiney.
Awesome, grats! My only pet peeve with razer mice are that the scroll wheels tend to wear out fairly quickly and just get annoying. :(
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

sorrow:I was sick for a lot of today because some bad chicken...I couldnt eat or drink ANYTHING untill about 2:30(and yes, I did learn that the hard way)
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Otaku-Boy wrote:sorrow:I was sick for a lot of today because some bad chicken...I couldnt eat or drink ANYTHING untill about 2:30(and yes, I did learn that the hard way)
Sorry to hear. was it just a regular sickness or a fever? I been getting a fever a few times this past month and recommend Advil.

Joy: Sister got our huskie a durable toy doll. It's designed after Moe of the three stooges and quotes his lines as he bites him. hilarious stuff.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

GameCobra wrote:Joy: Sister got our huskie a durable toy doll. It's designed after Moe of the three stooges and quotes his lines as he bites him. hilarious stuff.
That sounds like an awesome toy.

Sorrow(s): I've been sick with something that I can't shake (though now it's just a cough) for at least 2 weeks now.

Joy(s): I've gotten to talk to my mate quite a bit this past month or so. It makes me so happy. Also, I hung out with my best friend Friday and Saturday, and we played vidya games. |D Oh, and college is out for a month or so.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

The description for that thing is hilarious.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Rant: So my dad turned the hot water heater up because it wasn't "hot" enough. Now when the "hot water" is on, there is steam that rises from the jet of water, it's that hot. I have burns on my hands from trying to wash the dishes. I asked him to turn the water down, because when the water is so hot that it BURNS you, the heater is way too freaking high. He responds by putting his finger against my face and screaming at me so hard that his voice cracks.

Because, you know, that's a man right there, who gets into his daughter's face and shrieks at her for his decision to make the water so hot that it scalds her hands.

"You're about at the end of your rope!"
Yeah, because I'm so afraid. In a month and a half, I'll be 18. My car will be in my name and my insurance will be my own responsibility. I have a job. I have three jobs, as a matter of fact. Legally he will not be able to "take my car away from me," and if he shuts my phone off, who cares? I never use it anyway. He doesn't pay for my college or anything else. I'm not afraid of him anymore. "Home" only serves as my place to sleep, since I don't even eat here most times anymore.

I washed the dishes in icy cold water, because hurting myself for his own stupid decisions is not worth it. My hands are still bright red and burning from the start of the wash. I hate living in a place where people do pirouettes off the handle over the freaking water or anything else insignificant.

I know I probably shouldn't be posting my family business here, but I just can't take the fact that he thinks he can be such an abusive... jerk... because he's under the premise that he can act however he wants to since he thinks no one hears about it. They most certainly do, and no one will blame me for high tailing it out of here after I graduate high school.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

It happens to the best of us, Beagle. I find everyone likes to have their rules listened to, but as we get older and in a sense more in-control of things, we want things to be doing that way easier, but some people tend to fail to understand logic sometimes, insisting that their rules can drown out the logic sometimes. Other cases, however, they feel people are deliberately trying to act crippled so that other people are forcing others to act for themselves, which comes to an issue of trust in some famililes these days i noticed.
Last edited by GameCobra on Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Beagle wrote:Rant: So my dad turned the hot water heater up because it wasn't "hot" enough. Now when the "hot water" is on, there is steam that rises from the jet of water, it's that hot. I have burns on my hands from trying to wash the dishes. I asked him to turn the water down, because when the water is so hot that it BURNS you, the heater is way too freaking high. He responds by putting his finger against my face and screaming at me so hard that his voice cracks.

Because, you know, that's a man right there, who gets into his daughter's face and shrieks at her for his decision to make the water so hot that it scalds her hands.

"You're about at the end of your rope!"
Yeah, because I'm so afraid. In a month and a half, I'll be 18. My car will be in my name and my insurance will be my own responsibility. I have a job. I have three jobs, as a matter of fact. Legally he will not be able to "take my car away from me," and if he shuts my phone off, who cares? I never use it anyway. He doesn't pay for my college or anything else. I'm not afraid of him anymore. "Home" only serves as my place to sleep, since I don't even eat here most times anymore.

I washed the dishes in icy cold water, because hurting myself for his own stupid decisions is not worth it. My hands are still bright red and burning from the start of the wash. I hate living in a place where people do pirouettes off the handle over the freaking water or anything else insignificant.

I know I probably shouldn't be posting my family business here, but I just can't take the fact that he thinks he can be such an abusive... jerk... because he's under the premise that he can act however he wants to since he thinks no one hears about it. They most certainly do, and no one will blame me for high tailing it out of here after I graduate high school.
I know somewhat how you feel. Just stick it out, enjoy high school and everything in life you can, and keep talking to the good friends you have.

If you wanna talk about anything, you let me know, alright? *hugs*
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

*squeezes Beagle*
That looks absolutely super-huggable. <3
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

@THF- *hugs* Thanks for being there for me so much this semester. I have a lot of good friends here.
Sleet wrote:*squeezes Beagle*
*barks and wags tail*
Esquire Fox

Post by Esquire Fox »

Joy: I finally bought a new headset to replace my troublesome Logitech G930.
My new headset is an Astro A50. The audio quality is top notch and I couldn't be more satisfied with it.

I'll be upgrading my mouse and keyboard as well shortly. I can't wait to get everything together.
- Esquire Fox

What do you mean that's not what the signature is for?
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Esquire Fox wrote:Joy: I finally bought a new headset to replace my troublesome Logitech G930.
My new headset is an Astro A50. The audio quality is top notch and I couldn't be more satisfied with it.

I'll be upgrading my mouse and keyboard as well shortly. I can't wait to get everything together.
This is my reaction after a quick Google search of an Astro A50, looking at the price.

This is the reaction of the friend who glanced at my computer screen.

My laptop has integrated equipment that is terrible by comparison, but hey, it works. :V

Joy: At 1 PM on Thursday, I will officially be free from school for two weeks.
Joy: I already have tons of plans with my friends or with work. This might be a good winter break after all!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Beagle wrote:WOOOOOOOH!
Congrats!
Joy: Got a 3.5 in my stats class. I don't have my other grades back yet but I think there's a pretty good chance that I made the deans list this semester. I definitely did not expect a 3.5 in stats I figured on getting a 3 point but now it's looking like I'll inch a bit closer to that cumulative 3.5 I'm shooting for.
Sorrow: My sister is already starting drama both with me and my mom. She's really ticking me off, I was actually excited to spend some time with the folks over break but it looks like I'll be trying to spend as much time as I can away from the house and her crazyness for the next three weeks.

sorrow: I'm having some trouble with certain issues I can't discuss in detail here. Suffice it to say I'm stressed and on edge lately and not feeling particularly good about myself because of it.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Joy: I didn't fail any courses. I got a C+ in the class I thought I would fail. So I don't have to retake it (again) or change my schedule for next semester in any way.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets