Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Deske

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Deske »

Joy: I found an app for my android phone that lets me use Gifs as my background. Dog gifs everywhere!
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Oh, Hound, I'm so sorry for your loss!
Kuro, I'm also sorry for your loss.

Hugs you two tight.

ShadowLightning wrote:Sorrow: Our computer randomly shut off for whatever reason. It just happened. I'm not even sure how or why. If this isn't a clear sign that we should get a new one in the next few days or so, I don't know WHAT is.
That could be a heat problem. Try to clean the heatsinks and fans.
SuperStar wrote:Sort of Sorrow: Despite the guy who gave it to us assuring us twice that it wasn't, apparently our cat is a girl, so we'll have to be giving her away.
Ahm... I may be a layman, but can't you simply look for their bits? :? I mean when my mum brought that kitten home it just took me one second to look and I was able to tell her it's a girl...
Douglas Collier wrote:Joy: My fursuit is almost done! Just need to finish the head.
Ah, great! I can't wait seeing it!

Joy: I got a parcel from my mom where she sent me the old marzipan moulds from my grandfather who used them in the bakery when I was a kid. I always enjoyed forming marzipan for Openermas for the family. Going to clean them now and then I'll try if I still can do it during the next days. :D
It was such a fun to unpack all the moulds... So many memories... Here's a picture of some of them.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm really sorry for the death of your cat Kuro. I know how painful that can be. :cry:
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Render wrote:
SuperStar wrote:Sort of Sorrow: Despite the guy who gave it to us assuring us twice that it wasn't, apparently our cat is a girl, so we'll have to be giving her away.
Ahm... I may be a layman, but can't you simply look for their bits? :? I mean when my mum brought that kitten home it just took me one second to look and I was able to tell her it's a girl...

We were told it was at the age where it's "bits" wouldn't have "dropped" yet.
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

HoundInATree wrote:Major Sorrow: My Uncle's passed away.
I am sorry for your loss hound.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I didn't know that you had to wait for its bits to drop. :?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

let's move away from the bits discussion

sorrow: I slept on my arm weird and my shoulder's been hurting since yesterday.
Joy: the advil seems to have helped.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I didn't know that you had to wait for its bits to drop. :?
There's some pretty awkward stuff you learn, while taking care of pets. :?
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Sorrow: Had trouble falling asleep again last night. I somehow got even LESS hours of sleep compared to the night before. And I had swimming as my first class today. You could imagine how exhausted I was before, during, and after. I felt all woozy and dizzy the entire day.
Slight Joy: At least I didn't throw up or faint sooo... that's good. And oh yeah, it's my birthday.
Another smaller sorrow: I'm not really in the mood to celebrate it. Guess I'm just tired...
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Joy: Fall Break starts on Friday, plus I have next Monday and Tuesday off :D

Sorrow: My grandfather on my mother's side passed away
A steady, but luminous glow of power in the dark
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

Happy Birthday to you Shadow :) Hope at the end of the day it will still be a nice day.

Im sorry for your loss Indazone and also for those of Kuro and HIAT.

Sorrow: I had not the amount of time i wished for to visit the forums :( Also not to write the next part of my Fanfic.

More Sorrow: Ive been working straight since April now without Vacation which i feel i badly need since im not in the mood to do anything more at work than i need to not talking about my mood when im at work.

Even more Sorrow: I wont have vacation till November/December :/

Joy: Im currently working on getting my bicycle fixed now that i guess i know what the Problem was.

More Joy: Will see a lot of people on Saturday since a friend of me turns 30. So we will have a big party. Including a Bouncy Castle. (Imagine how funny it will be to see people in the Age of 2x to 30 run to the Bouncy Castle and jump around like crazy xD We will also do some games we used to do when we where little. It will be quite funny i guess.

Another part of Joy: I finally got my money back for the broken washing machine.
My Fan-Fic Fox goes to Heaven (again)

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Render wrote:Joy: I got a parcel from my mom where she sent me the old marzipan moulds from my grandfather who used them in the bakery when I was a kid. I always enjoyed forming marzipan for Openermas for the family. Going to clean them now and then I'll try if I still can do it during the next days. :D
It was such a fun to unpack all the moulds... So many memories... Here's a picture of some of them.
Today I tried it and after a fail at the beginning where the marzipan kept sticking to the moulds it worked nicely. It turned out that my memory wasn't that bad and I really had to knead the same quantity of powder sugar into the raw marzipan than I had raw marzipan. Here's the outcome. Tomorrow I'll colour it a bit and give it chocolate 'feet'.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Joy: Found out I got an A+ on a midterm. Academic success!

More Joy: I got accepted into a Hackathon I applied for. It'll be the first one I go to so I'm nervous, but in a good way ^w^. I've been kinda stressing over the academic knowledge vs. real-world application of CS so it's reassuring to know I'm taking a solid step towards making use of what (little) I know.

And those look amazing Render! Almost too good to eat! (People eat marzipan... right? Sorry if that sounds like a stupid question >w<. I googled it and I got images of fruit, things that look like dough, and tiny babies 0w0)
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Yeah, marzipan is an almond paste, Roarin. Definitely edible - as long as you like almonds. :P

Sorrow: Failed my mid-semester exam.
Joy: It doesn't matter too much since I'm pretty sure I can make up the marks elsewhere.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

ShadowLightning

A little Joy: I saved up at least 5000 pesos. Now I'mma buy something for myself! :P
A little Sorrow: I don't know what to buy. Maybe I should just keep saving instead.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

Sorrow: An otherwise promising job lead was dashed (yet again) because it "required 2 years of full work experience with SQL Reporting Services" and all my experience is based from my masters' program.

Where the devil am I supposed to get this experience when every job seems to require it? Who knows. Grrrrarrr.

Enjoy school while you can, kids, the real world doesn't get any less frustrating.
"...kindness is its own reward. Paid in ice cream."
RP chars:
Redwall: Rhys Greenbrier
17th CF: Alasdair 'Alec' Ogilvy
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

As my Dad says, always apply for those anyway. Often they write up a description of someone they would like to have with the full knowledge that they may not get a candidate that meets every "requirement". So it never hurts to put in an application and let them sort out how well you'll fit in at the interview.
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

Oh, trust me, I have. The experience requirement was brought up by the hiring manager when he was saying "thanks, but no thanks".

It's just... months on end of effectively running in place does get weary after a while, especially when the response seems to be inevitably the same.
RP chars:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

CosmicCoyote wrote:
Enjoy school while you can, kids, the real world doesn't get any less frustrating.
Don't I know it. I plan to major in history and I have most of my family telling me I'll never find a good job. Oh and I currently work at a dollar store.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Why not minor or double major? That might make it easier to find a job while still getting to study history.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Because both of my parents are getting a little bit annoyed with how long I'm staying in a community college. I started in September 2010. This is gonna be my 6th year and I STILL don't have enough credits. I don't know if I going to graduate or transfer either.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sorrow: I don't mind my brother wanting to play a game competitively... but to pay to play better servers seems like a huge stretch. and he's trying to rope me into it.

A bit of both: This week feels awesome, but exhausting. =P

Joy: Mother found an old lady's purse and returned it to her while at Sobeys. Old lady had her husband's stuff in it that she borrows and she was deeply grateful. X3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Deske

Post by Deske »

What game?

Also Joy: I keep finding webcomics I thought I had forgotten about. Gotta jog that memory.
Bucky-Roo

Post by Bucky-Roo »

Joy: My life is taking a good turn.
Lots of work payed off.

Joy: An awesome gas station opened up near my house. Makes gas and cheap food more convenient :D
Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gaaal
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: My new glasses came in. I like the blue frames I got! :mrgreen:
ShadowLightning

Sorrow: I forgot to print a thing I was supposed to pass. Today is the deadline. I don't know what I'm gonna dooooo! :cry:
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

you could still try to find a way to print it
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: Can't sleep because of a headache
ShadowLightning

Maybe you should try drinking some warm milk.

A little Joy: It turns out a lot of other students didn't know the deadline is today, so our professor moved the due date tomorrow.
Sorrow: Someone stole my calculator! :evil:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well I took some Aleve but it took a few hours for it to kick in. Now it is all gone.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Joy: I just won first prize in a raffle! :D I won a voucher for $250 of groceries! :D
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

ShadowLightning

Sorrow: I feel sick today. I don't think I have a fever or anything, just feels like my stomach hurts and my head aches. I felt like throwing up earlier today during swimming classes. I'm guessing it's cause of lack of sleep. Feels like I'm blaming a lot of my problems with that same reason. Sigh...
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh yeah that really stinks. I hope that you feel better soon. I hate being sick.
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Joy: I had a very nice day off, got free lunch, a free game. And some more movies for my collection.

Sorrow: I now need a new storage shelf as I can't hold my books, movies, and games in the two book shelves I have.
Sorrow part 2: I am having some issues with family and past problems, and I am not sure what to do now about this problem. Since if I do anything, there will be some fights that can ruin my relationships with my family.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

Sorrow: I tripped on the curb, making myself look like an idiot - but also screwing up my ankle. Hopefully not too badly. Ow.
RP chars:
ShadowLightning

Darn, that's gotta hurt. Hope that ankle heals.

Sorrow: Had midterms today. I think I did okay, but I don't think it was enough to pull my grade up. Guess I'll find out next week.
Joy: Had a fun Skype call with my friend.
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

Well one day after, it's still swollen like a small balloon, but other than that, seems to just be a sprain. Will just have to be careful with it.

Sorrow (aggravation, really): Telecom bill comes in. Way higher than usual, check account, they don't have record of paying last month's bill. Check bank. They do have a record of paying last month's bill... just no record of them ever cashing the check. So I get to deal with...

Customer service.

*shudder*
RP chars:
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: My 44 hours of work in 4 days are over. Time to enjoy some relaxation...
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sound like you could really use the relaxation then.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Joy?: I may get the job, still waiting for the confirmation from the employer.
Sorrow?: I'll be working night shifts only, from 9pm to 9am, and the pay is pretty low, like RM3 per hour. It is a pretty simple job though, a cashier at a nearby cybercafe, so it's adequate. I only plan to work there for a while till I get my driving license... which is a whole different story all together.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)