Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Serence Frostbite »

joy : finals almost over ! tranquility ! finally we shall be together !!!
sorrow : I have this horrifying feeling that I might failed the 2 subjects yesterday , hopefully not :?
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Obbl wrote:
Argent wrote:What do you get when you integrate 1/cabin d cabin?
Couldn't remember 1/x, so I had to look it up, but :lol:
You get: Log cabin

Joy: Getting back to writing. :D
This is why I live math jokes.

Joy: I only have 3 weeks of summer school left and I get to keep all my scholarships.
Sorrow: Theatre 120 Maymester is over. This class was so much fun. I'm gonna miss going.

Mod Edit: Please do not double post. If your post is the most recent and you wish to add information, please use the edit button in the upper-right corner.
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Duster wrote:
ShadowLightning wrote:
Cm4F wrote:Sorrow: Today's lecture was really hard.
:shock: Is that... math? If it is... what level of math is that?

It's Witchcraft!
*gasp* :o Now I don't feel like continuing high school anymore...

Sorrow: I've lost a pretty huge chunk of my motivation to continue writing...
Sorrow: I had my braces readjusted today. Oh the pain...
Joy: The dentist said that, hopefully, I'll have only one month left and I can finally move on to the final phase of the... something.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Calculus is optional in high school. And heck, when you get to that point you may be ready!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Raeg: It seems that Forza 4 is more of a test of my patience (which, unfortunately, is quite thin) than a GAME. No matter WHERE I race (single OR multiplayer) I always end up forced off the track by some dolt who forgot that braking happens BEFORE corners. :evil: If I could I'd stop racing entirely. I need the money so that I can buy more cars, though...
If you want my number, it's #804080.
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Sleet wrote:Calculus is optional in high school. And heck, when you get to that point you may be ready!
Sorrow: Not for me. Never for me.
Sent from my conifer.
Mickey the Luxray

Joy: So I figured out why the drivers in FM4 were being so stupid.

They were on professional difficulty in Free Play. Apparently that changes the difficulty in Career mode :S

You'd think they'd be really good drivers but in fact there is a bug in the game that makes them drive like Turn10-lobby trolls when on that difficulty.

Turning the difficulty down to Hard fixed the problem. c:

Joy: Got my hands on a Nerf Strongarm today. It's an impressive little gun. 75 feet from a revolver. The button that releases the barrels is hard to push, though, and it favors right hand users.

Sorrow: I hold my guns in my left hand... :c

Joy: Went for a bike ride today. Turns out that I have better endurance than my 17-year-old brother. c|
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Sorrow: I do NOT understand people. I have never been able to figure them out, and I still don't. :(

I'm feeling Vanilla-ish right now....
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Noir The Sable
Location: Outside the door to my own little happy place, rifling through my pockets for the keys.

Post by Noir The Sable »

This really may seem petty compared to some of these others, but...

Sorrow: After Christmas, we're on our second-to-last Doctor.
"A witty saying proves nothing."
--François-Marie Arouet, "Le dîner du comte de Boulainvilliers"
Argent

Post by Argent »

They'll just reboot the series. Or the Doctor will take over a willing companion because it's necessary to save the universe, and get another 12 resets. Or the High Council will grant him another series like they were going to do with the Master.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm hoping the twelfth Doctor is female. But maybe Time Lord biology doesn't work that way? *shrugs*
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I'd like to remind you all that we have a Doctor Who thread

ignore my avatar's face, this is a friendly reminder :3
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Noir The Sable
Location: Outside the door to my own little happy place, rifling through my pockets for the keys.

Post by Noir The Sable »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:I'd like to remind you all that we have a Doctor Who thread

ignore my avatar's face, this is a friendly reminder :3
Yes, I was about to post this there.

But it hadn't seen any action in eight months and I couldn't remember what the Housepets Forum Policy was on Thread Necromancy.
"A witty saying proves nothing."
--François-Marie Arouet, "Le dîner du comte de Boulainvilliers"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

allowed if you have something constructive to add :3
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Joy: I made a lemon lime pie and it was pretty darn good!
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Sorrow: One of my kittens from the the Housepets! ...of yours thread didn't make it. This is quite sad, especially seeing how they are less than three days old.

I guess some good news is that the rest seem healthy at least.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

JeffCvt wrote:Sorrow: One of my kittens from the the Housepets! ...of yours thread didn't make it. This is quite sad, especially seeing how they are less than three days old.

:'( I'm very sorry to hear. I hope for the best of health to rest of the kittens.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

JeffCvt wrote:Sorrow: One of my kittens from the the Housepets! ...of yours thread didn't make it. This is quite sad, especially seeing how they are less than three days old.

A similar case happened to my mum; she took in a kitten that was drowning in a ditch, but the little one didn't make it either. Still, life goes on, and you need to care for the rest, so that they'll make it through

Small joy: Learned a few Italian words like auguri and canzone thanks to this old anime series I'm watching. Funny that I learned several languages through animes and their occasional use of foreign words.

Small joy: The new medication's working, and I'm feeling calmer despite some of the bad news I had to take in the past couple of weeks. Oh, that and a trick my counselor gave to me to counter any negative thoughts: say thank you for every little joy that you have, and for each of them, take in a deep breath and let out any negative feelings you're having inside you.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Ahhh last exam tommorow, but another year in education next week!
Oh tranquility whenever I gaze on your visage you leap away from me like a startled doe. :cry:
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Mickey the Luxray

Sorrow: So, um, the comic is over

Yes, I know it was a guest comic
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

It's only over when you say it's over. Though the comic may have stopped, the memories we have of it will never disappear and will always stay with us. The memories we share will stay in our hearts. Forever. I know it's a guest comic but in case that really happens I thought I should say it.

Sorrow: I have a few days left of freedom before school starts. What to do, what to do...
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Joy : final day of the final exams , going well , going well , 1 more to go <3
sorrow (and rage) :
me : *sigh*
friend : hey serence , 'sup
me : nothing , just the finals stuff
friend : didn't make it ?
me : no , just that I was short on time , so the hand writing is like near impossible to read , they might just disqualified me , or something
friend : **** , which one ?
me : all of them , except this morning (that was the sorrow)
friend : hey don't worry
me : how could I not ?
friend : even if your writing was better , you're still dead anyway (ya I kinda doubt the guy can make it to tomorrow).......
Mickey the Luxray

Sorta-sorrow: The Algebra EOC is tomorrow.

How Interesting: Renard Queenston (a.k.a. Lapfox, The Quick Brown Fox, Furries in a Blender, etc. etc.) is a fan of Ridge Racer. Whether for the game or the music I do not know. I shalt ask.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Sorrow: that exam did not go well...
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

It's over... Exams are finally over! Until a few months pass at least. Let us enjoy these times of peace whilst they last. :P
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
VEB152
Location: Land of vowels with dashes and consonants with commas

Post by VEB152 »

Joy - 3/4 of my exams are over. The only one left for me is English language one on the 15th, but it shouldn't be that much of a problem.

Sorrow - some weird guy(s? And who know, there may be a few gals there as well) keep dumping the exam tasks and answers to them into the Internet a day before the actual exam happens nationwide. All of ~35 variants of them. For free. And that troubles me - the few last years it was obvious that someone was getting something from 'leaking' exam answers - they were selling them for ~100...300 USD, generating quite a profit from ~700 000 gratuates (even if only 1-5% of them use that method of cheating). This year... I don't know who benefits from it. Looks like someone wants to prove that this graduation exam system is wrong. But, by doing this, I get less and less chances to get into the university I want, with much more people getting much, much higher grades, than expected, and amount of free-of-charge places in the universities actually slightly decreasing. Also, rumors are that there were so much people who cheated through the first exam on Russian language, that the education ministry may cancel all the results, and force us into re-writing it all together (if they will do that or not will be known on the 8th). I guess, it's more of a fear than a sorrow, but... It's all kinda depressing for me. The system that I never liked starts crashing, at least seemingly, the day I really need it to survive a bit longer.
Yes, that is about the best thing to write that I could think of.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

That's rough, Veb. I can relate to how you feel, since it's almost the same case here in the university I'm studying too. Students are sharing answers to assignments and thesis and stuff, and you can find them if you look hard enough. Shockingly, even the best student who received the top award last year confessed that he copied the steps for the final year projects from previous publications, which disappoints me, since I know him personally and he's generally a good guy.

One thing I can say is that you just need to hang on and hold your ground. You're doing the right thing by not seeking these free answers and working them yourself, and the Law of Attraction says (in a nutshell) that if you put out positive thoughts and actions, and have faith in what you do that is right, then positive things are bound to happen to you later if not sooner. I know I sound preachy and such, but it's human nature that we may be jaded by the negative things around us, and we need support and encouragement at these times to march on forth. So yeah ^^

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Rico

Post by Rico »

Hey Veb & kuro, sorry to hear that. Hopefully the cheaters will get their comeuppance, if not now then at least in the working world after school/uni.

Sorrow

Just taken on a new client who was unhappy with their current web dev company (a good thing in its own right). However, then out of the blue I get a very abusive phone call from the owner of the ex-web company who personally hunted me down, accusing me of stealing clients. Apparently it's new-start ups like me who are causing companies like his to go out of business. I'm not surprised though if that's how he talks to people! Just to let everyone know, I never ever spoke to this client before and didn't steal them. :(
Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out yet, then it's not the end.

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

JoY - Summer vacation's just a week away!

SorroW - Finals are just around the bend...
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Mickey the Luxray

Joy: the EOC was a LOT easier than I thought it would be. The questions I got as prep INTENTIONALLY tried to confuse you, and that made me scared that the entire test would be trying to trick me at every corner.
Raeg: It did try to trick me a few times, with questions we didn't really learn how to do. I ended up having to go back to guess and check (blech!) for a few problems.
Sorrow: We had to do quadratics in the test.
Raeg: WE WON'T EVEN LEARN QUADRATICS UNTIL TOMORROW.
Joy: The state realized that our circumstances are common, and so they actually made all the quadratic questions worthless.
Raeg: Which means that if I got them right, I'd receive no bump in my score.
Raeg: Just realized that I forgot to turn in the catch-up work that I meant to turn in today. 8C BRB gonna go strangle a book
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Rico wrote:Hey Veb & kuro, sorry to hear that. Hopefully the cheaters will get their comeuppance, if not now then at least in the working world after school/uni.

Sorrow

Just taken on a new client who was unhappy with their current web dev company (a good thing in its own right). However, then out of the blue I get a very abusive phone call from the owner of the ex-web company who personally hunted me down, accusing me of stealing clients. Apparently it's new-start ups like me who are causing companies like his to go out of business. I'm not surprised though if that's how he talks to people! Just to let everyone know, I never ever spoke to this client before and didn't steal them. :(
Sorry to hear that. :( I believe you.

This is either hilariously funny or else very upsetting and frustrating (I hope the former rather than the latter):

I was trying to put a cat puppet back on the shelf in my closet...and I fell down onto a stack of CDs and broke many of the cases. I'm not hurt, don't worry, but I was planning to either sell them or give them away, and now I don't think I can. Maybe I should have just kept them....

On top of which, the whole reason I took it out was because I was watching an episode of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood...which was about making mistakes!
PF chars

--Phoenix

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Joy: I got a free donut for National Donut Day
Joy: my parents bought a dozen after the free ones
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Rico

Post by Rico »

ChewyChewy wrote:I fell down onto a stack of CDs and broke many of the cases. I'm not hurt, don't worry, but I was planning to either sell them or give them away, and now I don't think I can.
I'm glad to hear that you weren't hurt. I'm guessing replacing the cases is out of the question as it will cost more than you'd get through selling them?

@Brent - National donut day? How was I not aware of this! I could really get behind more days like this in the UK.
Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out yet, then it's not the end.

Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Unfortunately, is only for US, apparently. Also, I want a free donut. I never got one. >:V
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Rico wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:I fell down onto a stack of CDs and broke many of the cases. I'm not hurt, don't worry, but I was planning to either sell them or give them away, and now I don't think I can.
I'm glad to hear that you weren't hurt. I'm guessing replacing the cases is out of the question as it will cost more than you'd get through selling them?

@Brent - National donut day? How was I not aware of this! I could really get behind more days like this in the UK.
Thank you. :) I honestly have no idea on that measure.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

SorroW - Said goodbye to senior friends today.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Mickey the Luxray

Joy- I finally found all 156 billboards scattered around Fairhaven... it feels good.

Now, three more security gates, two more jackspots, and then finishing all the remaining races, and I'll be 100% done with Most Wanted.

...Did I mention that I never used a walkthrough?
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Joy: I graduated high school last night!! :D
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

congrats, Beagle
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

3 words - Liquid Metal Fur