Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Karl

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Karl »

Sorrow: My doctor is scheduled in few days, but I still have heavy headaches from sinuses. I don't know how much longer I will be able to handle it.
I'm a bookworm!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy:It's getting cold!!!!
mixed:I'm getting in the groove of school and work and those are both goin well, but I don't have a ton of time for a social life outside the weekends.
sorrow:A friend of mine is going through a really rough patch.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

Sorrow: Its hard to believe how cruel humans are.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: Despite the cruelty there are a lot of really sweet, selfless people out there.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Hmm: That awkward moment when your mom accidentally uses dryer sheets while doing laundry, and your legs start breaking out in hives. I still had the medication my doctor gave me though, so not only did it calm down the hives, but it put me into a much-needed sleep. :lol: The downside? I got nothing accomplished last night. :P
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy:Going to Grand Rapids (west coast of michigan) to visit my friend at his university (and get sonic, there isn't one anywhere near lansing, apparently we've angered the fastfood gods) this friday then coming home Saturday for the football game.
Sorrow:I already have a sore throat developing and going to a college football game is probably the last thing I should do to it.
Sorrow:I'm behind on my shaekespeare class and I'm going to be busy all weekend, so I get to read 4 acts of King Lear on sunday :?
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz

Post by 0404 »

Joining Air cadet today!
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Sorrow: I can't really upgrade my desktop computer as well as I wanted to because of the limitations of its motherboard, I would actually need to buy a new Motherboard, CPU, GPU and RAM to upgrade it. I would rather just build a new computer :(
Sent from my conifer.
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

Sleet wrote:Joy: Despite the cruelty there are a lot of really sweet, selfless people out there.
If you can name 15, I will believe you (after researching them all first, of course :lol: ).

Added: And if you really are going to try this then you can not use historical figures, they have to be people alive today. Other forumites could try this too, if you wish. And don't use anyone here, that would make it too easy (and if you name some instead of others there are going to be some who are offended and some with big egos. :lol: )
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Sorrow: I feel so helpless...
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Sorrow: I have a deep cut on my finger that was bleeding a LOT, I'm going in for stitches maybe tomorrow, it hurts a lot :(
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Wanderer wrote:Sorrow: I feel so helpless...
Seek out help (or maybe just companionship) from those who you are comfortable and close with. There's no problem or dilemma out there that does not have a solution, it's just a matter of effort.

Mixed : Been feeling happy and melancholic in rapid successive cycles lately.
Erm : Still undecided about my future after graduating next year. Start working, or continuing my studies in masters level

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

*hugs Kuro*

I'm sorry to hear half of the mixed.
and I'm sure you'll figure out the erm soon enough.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
FlintTheSquirrel

Sorrow: In realization that I really can't write well. Every sentence I write is bound to be littered with mistakes. Not a good thing to feel when you have Writing class assignments to do.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Don't beat yourself up like that Flint. You'll get better as time goes on.

And it might not even be that you're bad at writing. It sounds like you're problem is one that could be solved by just having a friend (Who you trust) read everything and point out any mistakes they see. After a while, you'll start catching these mistakes while you write.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit

Post by 0404 »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:Sorrow: In realization that I really can't write well. Every sentence I write is bound to be littered with mistakes. Not a good thing to feel when you have Writing class assignments to do.
Pfff pfff pfff, don't say that Flint, that is an insult to me. :lol:
You'll do fine.
Last edited by 0404 on Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Yesterday:

Joy: Got my first pay day from my new job!
Sorrow: I got bit by an English Bulldog.

Sorrow: One of my new co-workers makes racist jokes about other co-workers. When I told him I did not want to hear them, he threatened me with physical harm if I told the supervisor.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:Yesterday:

Joy: Got my first pay day from my new job!
Sorrow: I got bit by an English Bulldog.

Sorrow: One of my new co-workers makes racist jokes about other co-workers. When I told him I did not want to hear them, he threatened me with physical harm if I told the supervisor.
If I were you, I would report it just for the fact he threatened you alone. No one threatens me and expects no retribution! Also, racism is very very wrong.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I agree. That kind of stuff can't be tolerated. Maybe you can even get some support from some of your co-workers. If a bunch of people walk into your supervisor's office and demand that guy is taken care of, I'm sure it will happen.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Sarnoff

Post by Sarnoff »

Joy: I'm back home from college for the weekend.
Joy: Homemade food tonight
Joy: Seeing some old friends from high school.
Hilarious: I fell down some stairs pretty hard last night at my friend's house. We couldn't stop laughing afterwards for a while.
Sorrow: My arm is in constant pain(probably from falling on it) and I can't lift anything with it without sharp pain or even stick my arm out straight.
Sorrow: It wasn't caught on camera.
Joy: Still a good night and a funny memory.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:Sorrow: One of my new co-workers makes racist jokes about other co-workers. When I told him I did not want to hear them, he threatened me with physical harm if I told the supervisor.
If your employer has a human resources department, you may want to bring the issue to their attention. If not, tell the supervisor anyway.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Annoyance/fear: some guy calling himself Jack Slenderman emailed me a moment ago. He's a figure on Facebook.

I don't have my email listed on Facebook...

Edit: Apparently a mutual friend gave it to him. The fear is gone, but the annoyance is even stronger now...
Last edited by Penwrite on Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 0404 »

Radio Blue Heart wrote: Sorrow: One of my new co-workers makes racist jokes about other co-workers. When I told him I did not want to hear them, he threatened me with physical harm if I told the supervisor.
I wish everything solves well.
ask for law enforcement assistance, and tell supervisor!
get your guns prepared.
FlintTheSquirrel

texascat018 wrote:
Radio Blue Heart wrote: Sorrow: One of my new co-workers makes racist jokes about other co-workers. When I told him I did not want to hear them, he threatened me with physical harm if I told the supervisor.
I wish everything solves well.
ask for law enforcement assistance, and tell supervisor!
get your guns prepared.
I think the other suggestions might be better than getting the law enforcement involved. ^^;
Best suggestion I got is ask him nicely. If he keeps going, go to a superior.

Edit: Got more reasons to dislike humanity. :<
They sure like to go in detail about the worst things...... and are awfully happy while doing it.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:Sorrow: In realization that I really can't write well. Every sentence I write is bound to be littered with mistakes. Not a good thing to feel when you have Writing class assignments to do.
JeffCvt wrote:Don't beat yourself up like that Flint. You'll get better as time goes on.

And it might not even be that you're bad at writing. It sounds like you're problem is one that could be solved by just having a friend (Who you trust) read everything and point out any mistakes they see. After a while, you'll start catching these mistakes while you write.
Jeff is right. Flint, not to gloat, but I do have astounding grades and awards in every English class I've ever taken. I can proof your papers for you if you'd like. I do it for just about anyone that asks, and I've even edited a graduation paper for my friend from Ecuador; English isn't his first language and I've been teaching him language mechanics. I'm also enrolled in a college English class right now. I'm a little up to my ears in everything this week, but I'll try my best to help if you want it.

Joy: Everything in life finally seems to be falling into place for me, and this is truly an awesome feeling after the last few months.
Sorrow: In keeping in line with unintentional personal injuries this week, I smashed my shin against the band trailer last night. I had a purple bruise the size of the palm of my hand in less than a minute. I couldn't even walk. :V
Joy: Ice made the swelling go down and it's just really pink and sore now.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
FlintTheSquirrel

Had someone check it. Every sentence but the last one contained errors and needed to be re-written.

Joy: On a brighter note, my kitten is being all lovey dovey with me since there is a big scary dog in our house. (We have guests)
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

kurowolfe wrote:
Seek out help (or maybe just companionship) from those who you are comfortable and close with. There's no problem or dilemma out there that does not have a solution, it's just a matter of effort.
I'm not really comfortable talking to anyone. I don't know why, I just don't want to talk to anyone. To be honest, I'm just scared of their responses. My problems aren't even major compared to other people's lives. I feel so worthless and I don't think I can do anything to change that.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm a phenomenal listener. Just sayin'. I'm sure people will vouch for me.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
FlintTheSquirrel

*Will not vouch for you.* Also, I'm sure my reasons are often a lot less major than the one you are encountering. In any case, feel free to talk with anyone if you decide to get it off your chest. And please feel better soon.

Joy: Got another great item in Diablers. Estimated value of it is $25. ^^
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I also will not vouch for Sleet, as I'm often the one doing the listening in our conversations.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

I'll vouch. :)
The Game

Post by The Game »

Joy: I got a friend addicted to Housepets.

Sorrow: Said friend does not know how to stop talking about Housepets. Pretty sure he reads the comics religiously now
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Wanderer wrote:I'm not really comfortable talking to anyone. I don't know why, I just don't want to talk to anyone. To be honest, I'm just scared of their responses. My problems aren't even major compared to other people's lives. I feel so worthless and I don't think I can do anything to change that.
I understand that sentiment, as I used to feel it myself, but I'm coming to get over it. And you don't have to be afraid of me. :)

You're still alive--there's always the possibility of change, if you're open to it. ;)
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

The Game wrote:Joy: I got a friend addicted to Housepets.

Sorrow: Said friend does not know how to stop talking about Housepets. Pretty sure he reads the comics religiously now
Bring that friend here! We'll talk about Housepets! with him or her.

Also, don't get them into Homestuck.
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Let me tell you about Homestuck :D
PhoenixAsper wrote:I'll vouch. :)
As would I, Sleet is cool.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

sorrow: I can't turn in my programming assignment because it won't work right... and I'm almost 99% sure the problem is in the code the teacher provided that I'm not supposed to change. Though if that's the case, no one will be able to turn it in and people will complain.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That happened to me once before. It sucked. It was like the professor's ego went against the entire class's grade.
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

Wanderer wrote:I feel so worthless and I don't think I can do anything to change that.
Of course you can. You can do anything in life as long as you put your mind to it. I know how this sounds but it is true, and although there will always be those who would try to oppose you (like if you were a scientist, there will always be those who want to disprove your theory. Or if you were an author, there will always be those who would think poorly of your work) but if you persevere, regardless of what anyone thinks, you will make something of your life and succeed. You just have to be willing to put the effort in. And take it from someone who knows, making something of yourself may be difficult but it is exceedingly better then doing nothing and accomplishing nothing which is the mistake most people do. Why follow everyone else down that same dark path when you don't have to?
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Wanderer wrote:
kurowolfe wrote:
I'm not really comfortable talking to anyone. I don't know why, I just don't want to talk to anyone. To be honest, I'm just scared of their responses. My problems aren't even major compared to other people's lives. I feel so worthless and I don't think I can do anything to change that.
You are not worthless. You have excellent taste in music for one! You introduced me to some awesome new bands!

If you ever want to talk, just PM me. I will listen and I will never judge you. If I judged people I would not have any friends whatsoever.

Thanks for the moral support, everybody. I went to my supervisor with my issues with my unpleasant co-worker. He said that they would make a note of it because they are building a case against him, apparently he has been saying and doing stuff that has generated a lot more complaints than just mine. They say that he is close to getting fired.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Joy: I'm writing a paper, on a Mac, at Starbucks. I am a stereotypical college student :D

For some reason, this makes me happy *shot*
*drinks more coffee*
*writes more words*
* procrastinates*

More Joy: The wifi here the other day was amazing. I've posted this on the MLP thread, but I have to put it here because it makes me that happy!!!

ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!