Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

kurowolfe

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by kurowolfe »

Sorrow: A close cousin of mine passed away today.

Sorrow: What's more depressing is that I don't actually remember him until my mum knocked me in the head a few times, and I don't actually feel that sad about it. Sure, he died young, and yeah, we were very close playbuddies when we were young, but I believed he had lead a good life with good friends and family, and he had a peaceful passing.

Maybe I'm just indifferent about it, but I'm glad he didn't suffer.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Crux

Post by Crux »

kurowolfe wrote:Sorrow: A close cousin of mine passed away today.
Condolences, my friend.

Joy: I finally (partly) finished the first draft of Chap. 1 of my thesis.

Sorrow: I still need to write those references; and a ton of other school work that needs to be done before monday. o.o
Despite What You've been told... I once had a soul.
Left somewhere behind...
~~Avatar by MrAxolatte~!!
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Joy:Lazy Saturday. Watched MLP, playing Super Motherload, deciding which place to get dinner from tonight.

Sorrow:One more day and it's back to work on Monday.
Duster

Post by Duster »

Joy: tomorrow is my forum anniversary! :3
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: Slept through most of the day.
Sorrow: Still nothing to do.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
VEB152
Location: Land of vowels with dashes and consonants with commas

Post by VEB152 »

Joy :most people come back from holidays outside the city, I'm not anywhere as bored as I used to be :lol:
Sorrow: they dragged me out to try skating... And I'm a clumsy person who can barely hold balance ad never even tried skating, so now EVERYTHING hurts, and I have a feeling I've nearly crashed my knee into pieces again :roll:
Joy: I was helped along, though, so it's not as bad as it could have been :lol:
Yes, that is about the best thing to write that I could think of.
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Sorrow: School starts tomorrow... :cry:
Another Sorrow: I'm having trouble talking to my friend about something in particular. I hate not having good social skills... :(
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: Lots of snow! ^_^
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Ah if only we got snow over here, I wouldn't be worrying about school for another week.
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

sorrow: It's felt like constant night time recently... I've woken up at 7AM, even at the weekend, but it seems to always be night right now.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: Don't have to go to my dad's anymore!
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Crux

Post by Crux »

Joy: Finally going back to my apartment tonight! :D

Sorrow: It will take me a whole night's trip 'cuz it's one long boat ride.
Sorrow/Joy: Not attending school today, 'cuz I'm still at my parents'.
Despite What You've been told... I once had a soul.
Left somewhere behind...
~~Avatar by MrAxolatte~!!
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: I seem to have adjusted back to my old sleeping schedule.
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Sorrow: The wind chill is under -50, yet I must run errands today.
That means I have to go outside.

Joy: I might run to the Record Collector while I'm out.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Sorrow: sitting in school.
Mixed: Mondays always end up with me sitting at a computer listening to music whilst reading comics... I could be at home doing this. :lol:
ShadowLightning

Sorrow: I'm starting to regret telling my friend that I like him. He's teasing me right now and he doesn't even care how he's making me feel. I hate him. I hate him so much right now. And I hate myself even more. I never should have told him. It was stupid and naive of me. I'm an idiot. I'm so mad at myself right now.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Tell him very sternly to stop because he is being a jerk, that tends to work.
ShadowLightning

I highly doubt that would work. He says that I'm just "trying to be cute". Dog, I hate him so much right now....
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

You just have to really press on the fact you want him to stop, constantly. Yell loud enough at someone and they begin listening to what you say. :lol:
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

He has a point.
Sorrow: Yesterday, I could beat a level nine CPU in Super Smash Bros. Melee, but today I can't. :(
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: Shortened classes!
Sorrow: No pencils to draw with...
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Hysterical: Just played a bit of Call of Duty online and killed a guy using a grenade launcher, then had him sending me messages about how that is "N00by". I find it very funny since he also used a grenade launcher, as well as rapid fire and ACOG Sniper, with aim assist on, which is the all the stuff in the game considered to be used by new people, so I didn't even have to reply back just to laugh at him.

On looking into him on google I also see he is not very liked, largely unknown and your stereotypical male, which I was reluctant to point out to him. But it's been a while sick I have seen a hypocrite rage so hard online. :lol:
VEB152
Location: Land of vowels with dashes and consonants with commas

Post by VEB152 »

Joy: Got a model of Boeing 727, and I'm still amazed that it survived shipping. "Decorating" of room is now complete :P
Unsure(though my pessimism says it's a sorrow): I got a haircut a couple of days ago. First comment was "You look way younger with short hair!". Now I can't understand if it was a compliment in the way of "You look way better like this" or it was a "Wow, you look old already" kind of remark... :roll:
Joy: Space Engine. That thing is killing my good old PC with its requirements, but it's beautiful.
Yes, that is about the best thing to write that I could think of.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Sorrow: It's gonna be incredibly cold tomorrow.
Stuff.

Post by Stuff. »

Sorrow: It is incredibly cold today :[
*cough*
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Sorrow: Really not looking forward to going to school today...
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

Sorrow: We had to get up at 4 in the morning to catch a plane for my sister's memorial.
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: Another 2-hour delay.
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

Joy: I LOVE AMAZON!!!!!! My sister has wanted one dvd for the past three years. I found it and ordered it with some other helpful stuff. More dvds and games. The usual. But I get an email saying they will arrive between the 9th and the 21st of January. Some great postal service. But only half a week later I got everything at once a day earlier than their earliest estimate. You've done me proud amazon. You have done me proud! :D

Sorrow: Back to uni yesterday. As nice as it was to meet everyone again the first thing we get are two massive bits of coursework to be done in a couple of weeks time. Thanks for the slow warmup.
And to make matters worse we were initially happy because one of our Lecturers quit. (We didn't hate her we just hated the particular subject she taught.) And then we find out she has been replaced by two teachers. One of them is the principal. AAAAAHHH! :shock:

Joy: I've been invited to do a Warhammer version of D&D with my uni friends. Fun considering I know nothing about playing D&D or Warhammer. I'll just hang back and let the more experienced people tell me what to do...and occasionally unleash my flamethrower upon the assorted ranks of...I dunno whatever enemies Warhammer has.
I WUV MAH KITTIES!
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: Another 2-hour delay.
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Megamaster wrote:Joy: Another 2-hour delay.
You guys are lucky, ever since our snow we've gotten rain, rain, and did I mention rain? Thanks, Cascades and your wonderful heat-trapping methods.

Sorrow: The Northern Lights start tonight and where am I? In a city in the middle of a poor-visibility area, of course. Perfect.
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: Work is getting a lot less stressful now that I'm getting faster!

Sorrow: Music is getting more frustrating with our drummer never showing up to practice. If he gets kicked out, he's going to end up replaced by a young girl who's not nearly as good. :/
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Sleet, you should fire your current drummer and train me.

Joy: Moving in a few weeks is going to be easier now that I'v cleaned everything today instead of procrastinating until the last minute.
Sorrow: Next semester schedule is going to be whack.
Joy: At least I don't have to take painting.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

???: My twin sister won't give me a hug because I didn't "moo happily".
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Ok, I have to admit that the mental image of that happening amusing to me. Why did you have to moo in the first place? :lol:
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I don't exactly remember, but for the past few days, she's been telling me that. I tell her she's crazy.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: It's my birthday!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Sorrow: My first stumbling block of the year, and I need you guys' opinions on this. (Warning: Long post)

After extending my studies at this university for more than a year and being left with just 3 more subjects to tackle next semester, I was informed that one of the three is not offered next semester, but only in the May semester. And being a private student (self-sponsored), this means my parents need to fork out relatively more money. I admit, that subject I could have completed last semester, but I was... slacking, and only just managed to cover the rest. At least it's something, rather than me falling into escapism and self-inflicted depression that caused me to be academically dismissed twice last year.

I do have an option to request for a deferment next semester, and basically take a break while waiting for all three remaining subjects to be offered in the May semester, and finishing them in one fell swoop. Several cons are present, including:

1) Relatively lower tuition cost
2) A chance for me to finally recuperate (I haven't had a good long break in 3 years) and re-study all my previous courses on my free time, to prepare myself in the knowledge department for job interviews later on (I can't even remember how to do differentiation, and that's a chronic disadvantage as a supposed oil field engineer)
3) A chance to finally learn how to drive and get a driver's license, as well as hopefully getting some extra income to pay for the fees by part-timing.

However, when I told my mum of this, she just dismissed the notion outright and told me that I have and will be wasting my time again, and told me to to ask my dad without bringing up the subject again. And I am pretty sure my dad would go bonkers if he were to find out that his son still could not finish college quickly and get a job, where most of my friends are already employed in their respective fields. In their defense, it must be rather frustrating to be asked by colleagues and family members about "your son who is still stuck in Uni", and having to answer them "He has some depression problems etc etc". Also, there's a risk of complacency from my part, as I might come to a decision where I just want to quit college, because honestly, I dislike the place for being the instigator of my fall as a person in general in the first place. Sleet could vouch for this; s/he was the one who slapped some sense into me the last time this panic thing happened via PM.

So, what do you guys think? Should I just take the first two subjects next semester and the last one the following semester, thus keeping them study momentum? Or should I take a break, despite my parents' opposition, and get myself straightened up and be more like a responsible adult rather than the childish one I am now?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I think that its good to take a break every now and then, if you keep going on without any kind of confidence or under constant stress you will just break down. if you managed to get some light work you could save up and get some good work experience whilst you wait, but then that may also be subject to stress, especially if this opposes what your parents want. (I know that can be stressful) However completing the course quickly could also be beneficial for you.

Personally I would take a break, and in fact I am, I'm not going to Uni for a year until I can sort myself out and make sure im mature enough to deal with everything. I can also sort out a lot of problems I have in my time off before I move into an area where more crop up.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: Drawing fever today.