Moderator: ArcWolf

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by 0404 »

007 "Golden eye" was awesome!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

kurowolfe wrote:Sorrow: I'm lost, and I choose to stay lost. I hate myself, really hate it.
Hating yourself solves nothing. The fact that you agonize over your flaws is a sign that you're a decent person in my book. You'll never be perfect just be as good a person as you can and don't beat yourself up over your flaws.

Joy:Msu won today and I'm going to Rocky Horror. Pretty awesome saturday.
joy:reconnected with a friend I haven't seen in months yesterday. It was a blast.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

texascat018 wrote:007 "Golden eye" was awesome!
Told you so
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

joy: it reached -6 degrees(or close) outside last night, woo!
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy:I think that my being in a fraternity (and the fact that some of the higher ups like me for whatever reason) is going to get me out of working halloween night. Hopefully they buy the "I have fraternity business I need to attend to" excuse.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz

Post by 0404 »

Tiggy wrote:joy: it reached -6 degrees(or close) outside last night, woo!
ditto
it's -2 right now and it's noon here
wolvy wrote:
texascat wrote: 007 "Golden eye" was awesome!

Told you so
you are the best

Joy:Saw three blue jays.
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Sorrow: Marcus Lattimore, the Carolina Gamecock's Quarter Back, number 21, injured his leg very badly in the Carolina vs. Tennessee game and will never play another down of football. I really hate that for him because not only was he an amazing football player, he was a really good, kind, and respectful kid. I hope he gets better soon and is able to find something else that he loves doing. I hope he knows that God has a plan for him.

Joy: Brad Stine slaps PETA in the face with this video. Don't worry, it's perfectly clean (Brad Stine is a comedian.)
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy: My uni has free legal services.
sorrow:so much homework to do tonight. Looks like I might be on the verge of an all-nighter.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz

Post by 0404 »

Conflict in my life that I have to go through by my self... not much of folks would understand it. I love my life, not being sarcastic, *light smile* :) hehe *purrrrrrr...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

sorrow: I apparently suck at programming, which is not good for someone who wants to do it as a career.
I keep running into perts in my code where the problem seems to be in the code I'm not supposed to change. If there's a way to fix the problem by changing my code, I can't see it. and I hate that. it's like having a puzzle where I don't know if there are pieces missing or if I just can't see them. and the fact that I keep running into these problems and others don't seem to, it means I just can't figure it out.

unless he did something like intentionally added these errors to see who would actually ask him about it, and only gives them the solution.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It's my understanding that in the real world there's no such thing as a part of the code that's off-limits.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

true, but I only get to submit the part of the code that I was allowed to change, so if I do change the part that's off limits I still get graded as if I hadn't.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Oblivious Adobo

Post by Oblivious Adobo »

Joy: I get to skip school today.

Sorrow: I got up late, thought I had school and was stressing over being tardy.
I'm like a ninja; only loud and annoying.
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Joy: In Bogota every year, there is a nerd convention called SOFA and I was able to attend on Saturday and Sunday and I bought a sweater and pillow. They're awesome :D (posting pictures later)

Edit: Pillow :D https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22344703/publi ... Pillow.jpg

Edit Edit: Sweater
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22344703/publi ... 20hood.jpg
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22344703/publi ... 20back.jpg
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22344703/publi ... loseup.jpg
Last edited by yehoshua on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sent from my conifer.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

I have been physically abused by my roommate who also loves me, whose love I dont reciprocate. This is the third time already, and I need to take action by trying to get a deferral by recommendation from the councillor or get contact with a psychiatrist. I need to get away from him, for the sake and sanity of the both of us.

I'm writing this here, because I will forget the trauma by tomorrow and need a reminder, to remind me to take this action as I browse through this thread tomorrow.

Pray that we can reach a good resolution by the end of it all.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

kurowolfe wrote:I have been physically abused by my roommate who also loves me, whose love I dont reciprocate. This is the third time already, and I need to take action by trying to get a deferral by recommendation from the councillor or get contact with a psychiatrist. I need to get away from him, for the sake and sanity of the both of us.

I'm writing this here, because I will forget the trauma by tomorrow and need a reminder, to remind me to take this action as I browse through this thread tomorrow.

Anyone who physically abuses you doesn't love you. In a matter, they're just viewing you as property- like you're not a completely separate human being with emotions and feelings, like they can treat you any way they want. I fully agree to getting away from him; it seems like things are already out of hand.

Also, it's probably a good thing we live in separate countries. I'd clock the guy if I lived closer. I take that sort of stuff pretty seriously.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

You should do your best to move ASAP. Are there authorities there you can contact?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Kuro, you can't let things like that go if that's what's happening. :shock: Please be safe, and well. :(

Sorrow: NOT a good evening. Almost AT ALL. :cry: And it only just started...
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

kurowolfe wrote:I have been physically abused by my roommate who also loves me, whose love I dont reciprocate. This is the third time already, and I need to take action by trying to get a deferral by recommendation from the councillor or get contact with a psychiatrist. I need to get away from him, for the sake and sanity of the both of us.

If he hit you once, he will do it again. People like that never change and if you forgive him he will think it is alright to do it again. Call the police and get as far away from him as you can!

He sounds like a punk! If I was not half a world away, I would cripple him!

Sorrow: I feel frustrated. A sicken feeling of being angry and helpless at the same time. Mostly for what is happening to Kuro.

Other sorrow: It is October, why is it snowing?!
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Joy: I'm off for the third month of work due to a weird medical reason, but hopefully this month I'm able to figure out what's causing me to have a upset stomach everytime i get into a car. That's the Sorrow side of the story :(
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Tormod

Post by Tormod »

Kuro: Regardless of who they are, don't take that kind of behavior from anyone. The fact that it's a room mate is especially bothersome. I'll only be repeating earlier comments, but please do what you can to take care of yourself.. alright?
Walk into the den of fire
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Well, I had met the university councillor about the issue, but he said that running away will not solve anything in the long run. He instead advised me to change rooms, and keep some distance away from him, to break the cycle both of us are trapped in. The thing is, if this news were to leak out and was heard by the university and our sponsors, there would be deep repercussions that would affect the both of us for the rest of our lives. I'll be in close contact with the councillor should anything happen, at least he will have some written testimony that can be used against him if the need arises.

Thank you everyone for your concern, it was not a mistake to write this up here despite the huge risks of being found out.

Sorrow: Sandy is scary. You guys stay safe out there!
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Joy: Got through today without taking my allergy medicines! :D
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Sorrow:one of my friends got really drunk and suicidal last night. We stopped him but I'm really worried about him.
Joy: Halloween was awesome
joy:I thought I was going to miss the first half of the MSU/Nebraska game this weekend but it's a 3:30 kickoff so I'll have an hour to get out of work and find my way to the stadium.
joy:It's payday, grabbed a hat at lids I've been eyeing for a week or so.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

I'll pray for him. :( So sorry to hear that.
PF chars

--Phoenix

FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

Joy: Went to see Wreck it Ralph. It was good.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I just got back from seeing that. It wasn't what I was expecting at all, but it was pretty good.

Sorrow: Except for that, I just had a hectic and stressful day when I thought I would have a nice and peaceful one.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

Joy - "Bought" myself another one of those poppies today. Its nice to give money to charity but I know that charity is both useless and ineffective. The problem with poppies is that they can be lost easily, I wonder how long I keep this one for...

Joy - Gave my sister her birthday card and her present; book vouchers! My sister loves books and I knew that if I gave her money she would not spend it on herself. Now she can get whatever books she wants.

Sorrow - My writing is not going well. I just don't have enough time, not like what I used to have when I was in college, I haven't even updated by fanfiction here in... God knows how long. I want to write but can not find a single peaceful, solitary moment in which to do it. It is so frustrating.

Joy - Bonfire night is coming up. This means that you endlessly hear fireworks go off all the way up to Febuary every night until everyone has used their supplies. The one thing that is bad about Bonfire night (besides the fact that giving explosives to civilians is a bad idea) is that the night air is filled with smoke and the smell of the fireworks. Not good for those with respiratory problems.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Creepy moment: I can do a Dracula voice so realistic it scares ME. :shock:
PF chars

--Phoenix

GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Saw Wreck it Ralph as well. I found it awesome. <3

It had it's bad points, but much more good than bad.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Oh great joy that has made my day and possibly month:
I found Age of Empires II for sale and am getting it. I don't know why they decided to come out with it again, but it is one of the games that I will always love. Sorry to anyone who is waiting for the next update of my fic, but this game just took top spot on my "to do list" over that.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit

Post by 0404 »

JeffCvt wrote:Oh great joy that has made my day and possibly month:
I found Age of Empires II for sale and am getting it. I don't know why they decided to come out with it again, but it is one of the games that I will always love. Sorry to anyone who is waiting for the next update of my fic, but this game just took top spot on my "to do list" over that.
Duuuuuu da ta ta da ra raaaa dua ra tua dada daaaaa ra daaa tara r adaaa dieee ta era ra raeeeee AOE theme song.
I wonder if they still support online player vs Player, if they do, you and me Jeff. I can defeat you one handed.
Jeanne D'arc must be rescued.
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Joy: I met someone at Winthrop who knows what Housepets! is. I asked if she was on the forums. She said she didn't have an account but has read them to some extent. But I was all, "...you know Housepets! Can we be friends?"
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I am totally jealous. I never met anyone in person (except at MFF) who has heard of it!
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

JeffCvt wrote:Oh great joy that has made my day and possibly month:
I found the Gold Edition (with the Conquerors expansion) at Walmart a while ago for like five dollars. Made me so happy. That is the best decade-old game I've ever played. :3
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Sorrow: I think I made my mate sad now, and I feel terrible for it
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy: going to some metal show thursday at a local dive bar. should be fun.
sorrow:just been in funk lately. Not sure why but it certainly does suck.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Sorrow: My computer doesn't seem to like Age of Empires. The grass in the game looks slightly off, and the water is purple. (And it is not a problem with the screen, trust me.) I was a little worried about something like this happening, but I figured that the computer I just got last Christmas should be able to handle a 10+ year old game. I guess not.

I'm going to try re-loading it with a different setting and hopefully it will work. I don't know what I'm going to do if not.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Mixed: Marching season is over. This was an off-year for the band, and at our last two competitions, we didn't bring home anything except a second place trophy in marching. Aaaaaand now that the season is over, my dad is harassing me to get a job every single time we have a conversation. Yeah dad, I'll go pull one out of my butt and get right on that. I have a tutoring job lined up starting in January, but apparently I "need a job now." Because I totally spend a ton of money when all of my friends are broke too and I always just have so many places to use gas for.

Joy: My mom and I went out yesterday, and we hit up the pre-Thanksgiving sales at the mall. I got a lot of winter clothes that I really needed.
Joy: We saw Wreck It Ralph, and it was great. It's been a while since I've seen a movie that good and that original.
Joy: I'm getting my senior pictures taken some time this week. Finally. XD

Ugh: Hopefully I'm having my wisdom teeth removed on Friday. The top two have come in, the bottom right one is almost all the way erupted, and the bottom left one is erupted too but it's giving me problems with my gums.
Sorrow: I just miss my best friend. A lot. I can't wait for Thanksgiving so I can spend some time with him.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

sorrow: Failed my driving test