Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Amazee Dayzee

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: Class was cancelled yesterday!
Sorrow: Me and three other people didn't get the mass e-mail for some reason so we showed up and had to e-mail the professor so he could tell us.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: My medical school preparations are coming along. Also, Wrestlemania party with friends Sunday! :D
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Therolyn

Post by Therolyn »

Sorrow: I came home about a little over a week ago, after MTG prerelease to find my washing machine half full of water and my hot water service leaking...
Sorrow/Annoyance: Since then nothing has really been going well in the family overall, my father had to get his pet dog put down, my grandfather is having problems moving about due to an combination of an injury and old age. Also, its been over a week and the landlord and the tradesman still hasn't organized getting the hot water service fixed/replaced....I'm going to give them a nice reminder tomorrow and perhaps piece of my mind...

Tiny Joy: 100th post :P
Werebilby For the Period of Easter - Please fellow Australians do not forget our little guy, the bilby
Deske

Post by Deske »

Pain: Got these rubber bands on my teeth. Someone pull them out and replace them with titanium. Pain.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

What rubber bands do you have on your teeth and why are they there? Are they like braces?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

yeah, rubber bands are used in orthodontics a lot. sometimes just shoved between the teeth to separate them, sometimes they're stretched between the top and bottom braces.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Rubber bands are used as part of braces, usually in the back.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah that sound like it makes sense. I never had braces.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Sorrow: I've been sick for the past few days....
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

Joy: Recently found a new album full of wonderful music. :D
All your acorns are belong to us.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Joy: I'm getting my 5e character sheet up and running. I've got a few more things to fill out, some details and spells to choose. But we're getting there.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Megamaster wrote:Sorrow: I've been sick for the past few days....
Hope you feel better soon, Mega.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: I had the whole day off work, and it even rained! ^_^
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

Sorrow: I typed an extremely long chapter for Canine Agents, because I felt guilty since I hadn't for so long, then it somehow ended up getting deleted (it was my fault), and I have to retype it tomorrow ;_;
Feel free to call me Czu for short. The games on this forum are pretty neat.
Douglas Collier

Joy: I don't have to work until Friday.

Sorrow: Feeling a little withdrawn.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Douglas Collier wrote:Sorrow: Feeling a little withdrawn.
I've been feeling this too for a couple of weeks or so. Like, everything just seems so irritating, but only if I actually have to deal with them in real time. Like a skype call or real life, etc. I dunno why.
Douglas Collier

By withdrawn, I mean sort of listless, and a little unsatisfied. What you described is me after a day of work, though. :P
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Sorrow: Lent is over, and now I can drink soda! Yaaaay! :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

How would that be a sorrow then?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Joy: my anime club's convention went fairly well. not as well as last year but better than every year before that.
Joy: I raised money for relay for Life by eating hot peppers.
Sorrow: I ate 4 habaneros and a dried ghost pepper. I didn't chew enough for it to hurt my mouth but it made me really sick for about an hour and a half and I was scared.
Joy: I'm alive
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Joy: I finished drawing my fursona while I was waiting at the DMV.
Sorrow: I was waiting for >2 hours.
Sorrow: I can't draw.
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Joy: My research proposal was approved and I was awarded a grant to work with one of my professors this summer. We'll be researching Cayley Graphs, which, if you've ever seen abstract algebra, are basically a combination of groups and graphs.
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

One of the many reasons I hate going to the DMV.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

I have many from the past week...

Joy: I only fell for one April Fools Day joke this year.
Sorrow: It was on the forums, and it was one of the easiest to spot all day. :lol:
Joy: April Fools Day is in the past.
Sorrow: So are many of the great ideas that come with it.
Joy: Both days of school I had this week were half days. We had finals, and now I am off for the month.
Sorrow: I probably failed my math final, and I know I failed my Cultural Literacy (English, History, Reading, etc.) final. My score on the Multiple Choice was 59%, and my score on Geography was 45%. I do know I did better than a lot of people on the geography though, as most got around 20% when asked. I must be a good guesser.
Joy: I got Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance today, it came with the manuals and everything else. It is my first Kingdom Hearts game, and it is fun. :D
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

dtlux1 wrote:Joy: I only fell for one April Fools Day joke this year.
Sorrow: It was on the forums, and it was one of the easiest to spot all day. :lol:
We here at the Housepets Forums take pride in our April Fools, such to the point that even if I say I will turn all of the RPs into MLP, make myself three different profiles on the forum, and require all RPers to have degrees in English writing and storytelling, people will still believe me.

Not sure if that's good because people just trust that my word is true no matter what I say, or bad because people can't tell when I'm joking.

Joy: I at least did better this year than two years ago. Two years ago, I didn't give a second thought to literally every April Fools day joke I saw and didn't even realize it until like, 2 or 3 days later. :?
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

JeffCvt wrote:
dtlux1 wrote:Joy: I only fell for one April Fools Day joke this year.
We here at the Housepets Forums take pride in our April Fools, such to the point that even if I say I will turn all of the RPs into MLP, make myself three different profiles on the forum, and require all RPers to have degrees in English writing and storytelling, people will still believe me.

Not sure if that's good because people just trust that my word is true no matter what I say, or bad because people can't tell when I'm joking.

Joy: I at least did better this year than two years ago. Two years ago, I didn't give a second thought to literally every April Fools day joke I saw and didn't even realize it until like, 2 or 3 days later. :?
I can see that.

Joy: I'm eating one of those little chocolate egg things.
Sorrow: I'm killing my diet.
Joy: I found another good anthro webcomic on ComicRocket.
Sorrow: It ended 3 years ago.
Hello, low order beings!

Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Sorrow: My car insurance just, like, quadrupled due to being in two car accidents in a short time several months back. I'm worried about being able to afford my medical school applications. <.<

I mean, in the end I know I have options. I'm pretty sure I could borrow money from friends in the worst case scenario. I'm incredibly good on my word with debt. But still, I wish it wouldn't have to come to that.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Sleet wrote:Sorrow: My car insurance just, like, quadrupled due to being in two car accidents in a short time several months back. I'm worried about being able to afford my medical school applications. <.<

I mean, in the end I know I have options. I'm pretty sure I could borrow money from friends in the worst case scenario. I'm incredibly good on my word with debt. But still, I wish it wouldn't have to come to that.
Yeah, insurance companies... :( Have my own experiences there.
Hello, low order beings!

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: I have a test in biology and I have a lot of information I need to study.
Douglas Collier

Joy: I get to take a three-day adventure on a train in the near future. :)
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Sorrow: I have a test in biology and I have a lot of information I need to study.
I know how you feel, I have a test in Honors College Trigonometry on the Sin, Cos, and Tan formula stuff that my and my friends are sitting here right now trying to figure out. Oh man we are going to fail this test...
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sleet wrote:Sorrow: My car insurance just, like, quadrupled due to being in two car accidents in a short time several months back. I'm worried about being able to afford my medical school applications. <.<

Everyone i hear has issues with car insurance. D:

I wish i was rich so i could help everyone with their car troubles. I don't have a car. X3

Sorrow: Nothing important, really, but a game (Planetside 2) i signed up for 2 years ago... and my cousin outlevels me in 2 months. Makes me realize i don't keep a keen focus on my goals these days. X3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Joy: I failed that math test, but I failed it less badly than I thought I would.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Civilization wrote:Joy: I failed that math test, but I failed it less badly than I thought I would.
...Good job? :? Or sorry?
Hello, low order beings!

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think it would be somewhere in between both.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

I'm optimistic, everything is a situation which I find joy in.
Joy: Slammed after math test with Drafting project and English essay, I now have something to occupy the rest of the day with!
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

Sorrow: Occupation due to being the Mayor of Whoville in Seussical at my school, Homework, and being staff on a Minecraft server have taken up like all my free time and made it so I haven't uploaded anything in Canine Agents for like a month now ;_;
Feel free to call me Czu for short. The games on this forum are pretty neat.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Joy: I am now immune to the flu for another year! :D
Sorrow: I now have a sore arm. :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Hlaoroo wrote:Joy: I am now immune to the flu for another year! :D
Are those related? :P
Hello, low order beings!

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

GreatKitsune wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote:Joy: I am now immune to the flu for another year! :D
Are those related? :P
yeah , I'm guessing he got a flu shot , and the needle went into his arm , so :P
sorrow : I'm letting my grudge affecting my daily life a little bit too much , just a little bit....