Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Seth »

Sorrow:I feel really... off lately. I don't think I'm particularly sad or stressed or anything. I just feel very out of sorts. This is really rough coming off such a good semester. I just want to get home and have a good conversation or two with some of my friends.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: Financially, I'm in pretty good shape at the moment, which is good.

Sorrow: Someone I tried dating and stupidly gave up on is seeing someone else once I've started to try to get my paws wet seeing them again. :(
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Joy: Flying to UK to see some relatives, then to Paris for a short vacation next week!

Small sorrow: May not have wifi for three weeks while abroad. Guess I'll have to catch up on Housepets when I return.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Sorrow: Haven't been coming back to this forum as much as I'd like.

Joys: Yesterday, I could say was one of the best days of my life.

I went to my very first gay pride parade, World Pride Toronto 2014. That same night, I came out to my parents.
Sent from my conifer.
AstroOtter

Post by AstroOtter »

yehoshua wrote:Sorrow: Haven't been coming back to this forum as much as I'd like.

Joys: Yesterday, I could say was one of the best days of my life.

I went to my very first gay pride parade, World Pride Toronto 2014. That same night, I came out to my parents.

Wow, a big step. Sounds like everything turned out great, though! Excellent!

As for me..

Joy: Won a couple of prizes at Godzilla Night in San Leandro, California, a fun event with a Godzilla themed band, a raffle, vendors, and a Godzilla movie.

Sorrow: I did not win the "Godzilla-themed ringtone" competition. 5 seconds of a song was better than what I brought to the table? Robbed, I tell you. I was robbed!
Creature of chaos with long slender body, heavy tail, and clever hands. I am to water as a dragon is to fire. And I'm adorable.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Joy: Germany won.
Sorrow: Germany won.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Congrats Yeshoua. Hope that works out for ya. I gotta do that one of these days :P

Sorrow:lack of creative output is lacking.

Joy:almost to "at the mountains of madness" in my horror anthology I'm reading.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Joy: My wood dragging days are over this year. No more wood smelly cat!
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Joy: Moved into the room that could be my home for at least a whole year, and here's the internet speed that I get: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3598603574
Sent from my conifer.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Sorrow: Not much to do besides sleep nowadays.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
herobrineharry

Post by herobrineharry »

joy: New computer, joined the forums, AND finished HTS.
Forward, the Light Brigade!'
Was there a man dismay'd?
Not tho'(though) the soldiers knew
  Some one had blunder'd:
Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die:
Into the valley of Death
  Rode the six hundred.
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Sorrow: The tropical storm of the east coast turned into a Hurricane.
Joy: It won't hit South Carolina too badly.

Sorrow: I have to work on the 4th of July.
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

Sorrow

Went to the gas station near my university.

I just realized how knee deep in the ghetto we are
Just an Arc
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

Joy: Had my very first surfing lessons today... it was awesome! :D
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Joy: got a new puppy

sorrow: not sure how easily our old dog's gonna get used to her being here.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Sorrow: I submitted my university application and am now faced with the fear of uncertainty. Its not a huge deal if I don't get accepted but I already have low academic self esteem.
Joy: I'm realizing that working less and cutting back on expenses makes everything better.
Joy: I had an awesome time with my friend visiting me last week. :D
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: Got more money! Now I can buy more games!
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Joy:Close friend is helping me out income wise, now I can go see the doctor like I needed to.
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Sorrow: I have been at the races for the past seven hours. As pit crew.
Because this is America, the only engine at these races are straight-pipe V8s. They all sound the same.

Imagine seven hours of the same drone constantly bombarding you with its loudness. It loses its charm. Now I want it to go away, but I can't because we haven't even made it to the main event here.
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Joy: My mom came to visit and spent the 4th with me!

Sorrow: Where to begin...

My DVD player died so I found a cheap one for $26 at the local K-mart, which is going out of business. I take it home, hook it up and it shorts out my TV! Now I have to mail my TV back to the manufacturer to claim the warranty. I tried to take the demon DVD player back but they made me wait until the store manager showed up and he only gave me store credit. After that I went to another store and found a Sony DVD player for only $30, compared to other which was a Curtis and a piece of junk.

And I was mocked and called names, including derogatory terms for a gay person, by my loving class mates because I liked the movie "Frozen".

Why must life be so hard?
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

man, that all sucks. Frozen is an awesome movie, don't let them get to you.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Joy: Saw Hukley's plane landing in Zurich a few minutes ago.

(online on http://www.flightradar24.com, not in Zurich directly... XD)
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Sorrow: My finger still stings a bit from when I accidentally hit it against the wall hours and and it started bleeding.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Joy : I think me and my friend are getting a bit closer, not dating closer, he's a nice guy though and we really help each other out mentally at least.

Sorrow : My Graphics Card might be dying or something slightly less worse could be wrong with it. My phone decided to be sad and boot loop. Probably because I rooted it. Makes me miss my iPhone.

Other Joy : I think I fixed my phone. It is now happy and stuff.
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

Initial joy. Lecturers: "The moment the board releases everyone's total grade percentages we will send them over via email, then you can know them as soon as possible and begin to prepare for next year/referral work/actual work due to failure."

Later sorrow. Lecturers: "Well the examining board threw a massive hissy fit about that idea and wants to release the grades by post instead. Meaning you wont get them for up to ten or so days." The best part of that statement? We can't see what referral work we would need to do until after we get the grades...and the lecturers will all be on their individual holidays within a few days time. What that basically means is if you need to know what referral work you have to do, and you get the grades after the lecturers are on holiday...well it means you are totally screwed.
Thumbs up for universities because they are SOOOOO well run and organised. Yeah I am so nervous about this seeing as I don't do well in tests.

Sorrow. I thought my grades arrived today. A big letter saying private and confidential...but no. No it was just my bank kindly reminding me how poor I am. Aww thank you bank, you know just how to lift someone's spirits at this point in time. *Cries in a corner*

Joy. At least I got to visit my best friend for just over a week. He's got a horrible job so doesn't get much time off. So we used this time wisely, to the best of our abilities...we shunned daylight by playing the xbox and destroyed our digestive tracts with an OBSCENE amount of cola. The pain. :D :lol:
I WUV MAH KITTIES!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sorrow: Just learned that my Grandfather is in the hospital. He had no choice due to his kidneys getting weaker. He was very stubborn when it came to going to the hospital, but we had to get him to go and it looks like he finally agreed and went.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Joy : Figured out what was wrong with my computer.
Sorrow : It's my graphics card. It's kaput.

Sorrow : My phone restore reverted my phone back to when I had my Jeep and my job. I played music on the ride home on my phone because radio doesn't work. Last time I listened to it was in my jeep. I wallowed in sadness for about 2 minutes while walking inside. Not really a sorrow.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: I finished my master's program application 100%! Now nothing to do but wait for their decision.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Joy: The screen protector I ordered for my new phone just shipped. It was back ordered and when I ordered it, it was estimated to not ship till the end of July. I figured it wouldn't be THAT long, and it looks like I was right.

Uh, oh yea. Joy: Samsung S5 is a great phone. I don't think I told you guys I got it.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

Sorrow: didn't get that scholarship.

Balls.
Just an Arc
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Joy and Sorrow: Back to work tomorrow. Vacation week is over. But I had a good vacation. Played a lot of good games, went to make sure my Grandpa was doing well in the hospital, got some good work done around the house.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Sorrow : Phone screen is broken.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy: Horse the band is coming to lansing!
They were my favorite band through most of high school. I still absolutely love them even if I don't listen to them as much as I used to. Their shows are supposed to be really crazy too. I'm more than excited for it.
Sorrow: Gotta wait until mid august for it.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Joy: My uncle is moving into town, closer to where I live. I haven't seen him for almost 15 years now. It feels weird that I never really seen or remember him and not sure what to think. But having family is a good thing.

Sorrow:a "friend" of mine this weekend pressured me into doing something I didn't want to do. He fought with me and threatened me to not show my face around him.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

That's awful! Are you OK? PM me if you want to talk.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Drake wrote:Joy: My uncle is moving into town, closer to where I live. I haven't seen him for almost 15 years now. It feels weird that I never really seen or remember him and not sure what to think. But having family is a good thing.

Sorrow:a "friend" of mine this weekend pressured me into doing something I didn't want to do. He fought with me and threatened me to not show my face around him.
I know it's late, but you must say "NO!" right in his face to make him understand. Bring some of your other friends to increase your number and reduce the likelihood he'll do something to you. If he's truly your friend, he'll get the message. I know, I made the mistake of not saying no back then, and that was my worst life mistake.

Sorrow: So many world crisis happening right now, especially that involves my country for no reason whatsoever. Really makes me shun humanity as a whole, and makes my anxiety rise up again... *sigh* I stopped watching the news to protect my sanity, but I guess as an adult, you gotta deal with all the darns thrown at you.

Yet I feel like a little kid at these times. *sigh* No one would listen, and no one would care, but thank you for putting up with me now anyway. I'll go lick my wounds, and will be back when I'm okay again :3

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

kurowolfe wrote:
Drake wrote:Joy: My uncle is moving into town, closer to where I live. I haven't seen him for almost 15 years now. It feels weird that I never really seen or remember him and not sure what to think. But having family is a good thing.

I know it's late, but you must say "NO!" right in his face to make him understand. Bring some of your other friends to increase your number and reduce the likelihood he'll do something to you. If he's truly your friend, he'll get the message. I know, I made the mistake of not saying no back then, and that was my worst life mistake.

Sorrow: So many world crisis happening right now, especially that involves my country for no reason whatsoever. Really makes me shun humanity as a whole, and makes my anxiety rise up again... *sigh* I stopped watching the news to protect my sanity, but I guess as an adult, you gotta deal with all the darns thrown at you.

Yet I feel like a little kid at these times. *sigh* No one would listen, and no one would care, but thank you for putting up with me now anyway. I'll go lick my wounds, and will be back when I'm okay again :3
Thank you for the advice. Sadly, he didn't get the message.

I am sorry to hear that. I understand though not wanting to hear the news. I personally don't think you need to feel bad. I don't watch the news either around here.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

Joy: At the last band meeting, the band talked about doing a cover for a song from Arch Enemy's new album "War Eternal". Last night, we agreed on the song "As the Pages Burn" and I already have half the song memorized
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
Deske

Post by Deske »

Sorrow : My friend hurt himself a day or two ago and lay I heard he can't move his leg.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Sorrow: tornado in Dover. This was unexpected. :|
Joy: I get to watch the lightning and listen to the rain.
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+