Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Douglas Collier

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Douglas Collier »

Sorrow: Crushed my hand between the rungs on a small metal extension ladder at work today.
Joy: No broken bones, just a bad bruise.
Joy: Now I've got a cool splint I'll be able to use with my foam shield for extra powerful blocking action!
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

tsMKG wrote:Wait... so you are a girl?
Yes, I am a boy. :lol: I thought everyone already knew that.

Sorrow/Anger: Ants. There are ants in our house. I hate them. They're getting in our food. They're even in places where there isn't even any food. I hate them so much.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Ants, man. Them ants be a nuisance.

Joy: My college registration has been finalized.
Sorrow: It's hard being the only one in your family who knows your younger brother has a boyfriend. Especially when he does things that people rarely do around here like annual vacations in the Phillipines to meet up. I can't even say it out loud to him; we both call the guy his best friend when talking despite the obviousness. I'm also scared that him being gay might be exposed someday, god knows what will happen then

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Douglas Collier wrote:Sorrow: Crushed my hand between the rungs on a small metal extension ladder at work today.
Joy: No broken bones, just a bad bruise.
I once crushed a finger in a door hinge. :?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sorrow: a family friend passed away from a heart attack this morning. Completely out of the blue, no history of illness or anything. She was only sixty one too.
I... Don't quite know what to think... It's quite a shock...

Joy: got sent a cute picture of my dog which made me feel a little better
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

My condolences, Hlaoroo. If I could offer more, I would.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Furryface18

Post by Furryface18 »

I'm so sorry to hear that Hlaoroo.

Yesterday was the 2 year anniversary of becoming a furry for me and today it will have been 2 years since I had discovered Housepets. I mentioned it last year but I put it in the wrong spot. :? Anyway, it has been a great 2 years doing all this and I hope it lasts a long time.
There's no place like home...except the Housepets home page.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Little Joy, Little Sorrow: Got a new phone. Kinda miss the old one. A lot...
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

Joy: Found a nice new Browsergame which im currently playing for ours daily ^^"
Joy too: Had my yearly talk with my Boss regarding my work. He is happy with my work.
More Joy: It seems i am finally done with the last Chapter of my Fanfic.
Sorrow: Only the German part thought which means i still have to translate it.
More Sorrow: Feeling kind of bad the last days with headache and stuff. Its only mild but i guess it is due to the weather changing so much the last days.
My Fan-Fic Fox goes to Heaven (again)

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Sorrow: I do believe I might have redefined "burned out."

I can't think straight. My head either feels consistently dull or agonizingly full to the brim. I can't think straight. Days are a blur, just assignments. Video games. Money problems. Therapy. Assignments. Money problems. Laundry.

I can barely focus in school, even less so than I normally can. It seems all the momentum I carried through most of the year has culminated in my mind just dumping all the trash it had built up right when it matters most. I'm irritable. Isolated. All I want to do is forget, but I can't forget, there's too many ASSIGNMENTS I have to remember, too much.

I envy those with empty heads, because at least their head knows when to SHUT UP
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Sorrow: So here I am. Its hot. I was not built for heat. The high is 104°F/40°C. I'm sitting still and I'm sweating, there is barely any wind. Its currently 95/35C. And before you go "Oh but that's nothing." I have no choice but either sit in direct sunlight or slightly obfuscated sunlight. I am out of water.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

What's the humidity like?
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Douglas Collier wrote:What's the humidity like?
It's a desert. Probably 0% if I had to make a guess. I am lucky in this regard.
Therolyn

Post by Therolyn »

Sorrow: Was about to go to bed, when I heard the sound of trickling water. Apparently my hot water system has started leaking severely, flooding my laundry and a part of my kitchen in the process. Being 4am in the morning now means I gotta wait until about 8-9am before I can think about getting someone in to fix it, because I'm in a rather rural area.
Werebilby For the Period of Easter - Please fellow Australians do not forget our little guy, the bilby
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Deske wrote:
Douglas Collier wrote:What's the humidity like?
It's a desert. Probably 0% if I had to make a guess. I am lucky in this regard.
Don't mean to one up you, but here it's also 35-40 degrees Celcius, but with 50% to 90% humidity.
Humidity is all year round.

Sorrow: Guess who's staying inside today.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Sorrow: Just saw the body of a cat near my house. It looks like one of our own, but we were in the car heading out. Though, there were many cats in our neighbourhood with the same colourations, and I'm fairly confident it's not ours.

The way it died though. I get sadder thinking about dead animals as compared to dead people

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

kurowolfe wrote:Sorrow: Just saw the body of a cat near my house. It looks like one of our own, but we were in the car heading out. Though, there were many cats in our neighbourhood with the same colourations, and I'm fairly confident it's not ours.

The way it died though. I get sadder thinking about dead animals as compared to dead people
I hope no fleas found it.
If you want my number, it's #804080.
ShadowLightning

kurowolfe wrote: The way it died though. I get sadder thinking about dead animals as compared to dead people
Same, hopefully it wasn't yours.

Sorrow/Worried: I've been having trouble sleeping lately. It's definitely not a good habit, especially with the start of classes drawing near. Also, because of that, parts of my body have started aching. Though I'm not sure it's because of a lack of sleep or because my lack of exercise this summer. (But I've sweat a lot so... doesn't that count?) I'm hoping it's nothing too serious. Hopefully I'll get a good night's sleep later.
Another little Sorrow: I'm still a bit behind in the requirements I need to pass in order to be completely enrolled in my new college. The credentials aren't that hard, but finding a professor/faculty member that knows me personally to fill out a form is really difficult.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

ShadowLightning wrote:Sorrow/Worried: I've been having trouble sleeping lately. It's definitely not a good habit, especially with the start of classes drawing near. Also, because of that, parts of my body have started aching. Though I'm not sure it's because of a lack of sleep or because my lack of exercise this summer. (But I've sweat a lot so... doesn't that count?) I'm hoping it's nothing too serious. Hopefully I'll get a good night's sleep later.
Another little Sorrow: I'm still a bit behind in the requirements I need to pass in order to be completely enrolled in my new college. The credentials aren't that hard, but finding a professor/faculty member that knows me personally to fill out a form is really difficult.
Sounds like you're experiencing fatigue/stress. Wish I knew how to help, but it's easier said than done sadly. Just try not to think too much about it, mulling over the fact you can't sleep makes it worse.

Small joy: It was not our cat. She's fine and healthy, and her usual reticent self.
Another one: Because of the torrential rain, the body had been removed by the neighbour, and no signs were left over.
Another one: The four little kittens upstairs are doing well as well. Still a little scared of humans in general, but curious too, that's always a good sign.

Heh, at this point, I feel more like a cat breeder/caretaker, and I see cats as livestock =w=

Deske

Post by Deske »

Sorrow: I still cannot decide whether or not this peeling skin and what looks like calluses on my feet mean I have athletes foot. It doesn't burn or itch, they smell bad though, possibly swollen but not red or overly irritated looking. Been this way for a couple months now. Do I go to medical or not and have the doctor check it out?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

As far as I know, athlete's foot is usually itchy. That said, it could still be another kind of fungal or bacterial infection. You could try an over-the-counter anti-fungal or antibacterial cream for a fortnight or so and if that doesn't work then see a doctor.
Or, of course, if you're worried then see a doctor.

Joy: We got rain! Finally this drought might just be breaking!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

Joy: Got to play paintball in the woods with a bunch of friends

Sorrow: It was really hot today, so the only thing worn by any of us were minimal protection gear and shoes. Most of us went home covered in paint and slightly sore. I got hit 11 times.

Joy: We all had a great time and other than general soreness from bare skin getting hit with a paintball, no one got hurt :D
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
Unusuallynamedperson

Post by Unusuallynamedperson »

Joy, sisters back form her trip
joy, she gave me a fortune teller fish
sorrow, can no longer access Housepets! from my laptop, I think its something with spyware.
If I hit someone with a dictionary is that physical, or verbal assault?
https://discord.gg/2Kwwv Housepets Discord link repaired!
FancyHat
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US...Would prefer Scotland.

Post by FancyHat »

Joy: I am back home from a visit to my cousins!

Joy:I got to see a kitten, aka 5th cat they own..It was so fluffy!

Sorrow:Internet has gone out...Internet am restricted to mobile data on me phone..

Sorrow:Internet have yet to find a new dog because for some reason the road in front of our house is literally roadkill abby... (Not just pets, but any unlucky schmuck[As in Wild Animals] to attempt to cross more than once..)
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
ShadowLightning

Joy: I'm finally done with all my transfer document requirements. Well, mostly done, but I'm glad it's mostly over now.
Another Joy: There's a video game thing happening in my soon-to-be-former university. They got all these cool games for the students to play like the new Tekken game, Mortal Kombat, and the latest Smash game.
Yet Another Joy: I got to play Smash! :D The urge to buy this game has grown even stronger.
Sorrow/Annoying: I accidentally spoiled myself of Housepets!... I guess I brought this on myself for not reading so long. Oh well... Still probably not gonna read it yet
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

The journey is the important part, not the destination. Housepets! spoilers shouldn't matter much!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Unusuallynamedperson

sorrow, my girlfriend decided one wasn't enough.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Joy: I now have a regular schedule at work (as apposed to the old rotating one).

Sorrows:
I will miss out on federally mandated overtime.
I had it out with one of my coworkers.
I have a cold sore that will not go away.
My car is in need of repairs.
My air conditioning is not working.
And my best friend just told me that he is getting divorced.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Salad4me

Post by Salad4me »

Sorrow:

I recently sent an email in to a webcomic as the author had requested them from the readers. These emails were to be used the cheer up one of the characters in a fun interactive strip, and I sent in altered lyrics of the song 'Cheer up Charlie' from the film 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'. However, the author was apparently unaware of the original song and, liking what they assumed was my work, featured it in the description of the post crediting me. If this wasn't already troublesome enough, two readers picked up on this and posted about it in the comments. I've done my best to rectify the situation in the comments with a post explaining that I sent it as a fun response and didn't intend to cause any confusion; however I'm still extremely worried that the author and other readers will hate me for this mistake.

Sorry if this post is a little long and formal, I get anxious about communicating with people online outside of Personal Messages, which has also contributed to my anxiety surrounding the situation.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

The Barbershop tag for that song is one of my favorites :D
I think people are just looking to clear up the misunderstanding. Parody lyrics are a great form of art, and I'm sure people will recognize your heart behind making them
Unusuallynamedperson

not sure what to tell you there...

Joy, I figured out what Dougs real name is :D

Sorrow, I was so tense when I figured it out...that I forgot what it was already :?
ShadowLightning

Sorrow: Okay, so I screwed up and the transfer requirements thing isn't all done yet. Basically, I'd have to wait till the 24th before I can get anything else done.
Another Sorrow: I sat on my glasses. :oops: Now it looks all crooked and if I try straightening it out, one of the lenses just pops out.
Joy: I got to play more Smash yesterday. And I even won one of the matches.
A little Sorrow: That's probably the last time I'll be able to play the game till I can get my own Wii U. Just as I was getting good with playing as Fox...
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I don't know what kind of frames you have, but if you have wired or semi-wired frames (like these: Image ), you can take them back to where you bought them from and they can fix your glasses in a jiffy!

Other types of glasses, I'm not so sure of. I'm sure the store can fix this for you though!

Joy: I've got all my stuff back home and it feels nice to not be shuffling around every two weeks or so!
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Jammy

Post by Jammy »

Joy: I'M FREE!!! No more exams for me!!!
Sorrow: not sure I did too well in that last one. Serves me right for going to a local comic con the weekend before.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Joy: Lotz new info on Digimon Universe!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Joy: I have WiFi for my interweb access again! And it's in a barracks room of my own (Well, shared with a single roommate anyway). That means I finally have access to the forums not restricted to my phone data. Yay!

Smaller Joy: I got the wireless charger for my Galaxy S7 and I have to say it's pretty neat. It even works through my phone case without any problems.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

Sorrow: Last night, a former contestant on The Voice named Christina Grimmie was shot and killed in Florida
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Joy: I'm off to Japan! Its gonna be one heck of a vacation :)
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

Massive Sorrow: All around, this has just been an extremely sad weekend. First, Christina Grimmie was shot and killed after a concert. Then Adam Young, a member of the two-person metal band Sockweb (which he formed a few years ago with his now 10 year-old daughter), was found dead after commiting suicide in his basement. And now a LGBT night club faced a shooting that killed 50 and injured 53 others. The largest mass shooting in the history of the United States.
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

Shho13

Post by Shho13 »

Joy: Came back here to the forum for the first time in years! Just nostalgia-ing right now... :D

Sorrow: Time to get ready for work. :/