Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by 44R0NM10 »

MilesKingford wrote:
44R0NM10 wrote:Sorrow: this thread still exists.
I hope that's a joke.
It was more of a response to what you said. I'm unsure why this thread still goes on.
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

Because it serves a purpose.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Life is full of ups and downs. This thread is just a way to share them with friends! No one wants to tackle life alone.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Sorrows:
- On the verge of failing my studies, the workload's too much for me
- Now I can't play any more games or surf the net without having the feeling of guilt haunting me
- And something else that I can't even say here, for fear of ...

Joys:
- Finally convinced my parents to let me see a psychiatrist later this month
- In a state of ignorant bliss at the moment, helps me from sinking lower
- Maybe everything will turn out fine in the end. Pretty optimistic about it!

Also, my apologies to all those whom I had never spoke to in the past months here, in osu, steam or Skype. I'm very sorry...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

well, good luck with all that, Kuro. I hope for the best. *hugs*
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

kurowolfe wrote:Sorrows:
- On the verge of failing my studies, the workload's too much for me
- Now I can't play any more games or surf the net without having the feeling of guilt haunting me
- And something else that I can't even say here, for fear of ...

Joys:
- Finally convinced my parents to let me see a psychiatrist later this month
- In a state of ignorant bliss at the moment, helps me from sinking lower
- Maybe everything will turn out fine in the end. Pretty optimistic about it!

Also, my apologies to all those whom I had never spoke to in the past months here, in osu, steam or Skype. I'm very sorry...

Good luck and hope things make a turn for the better! <3
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Best of luck, Kuro! You're in my prayers.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Joy: One of my good friends just helped me out a ton with clearing out some brush and stuff from a house that I'm doing work at. Then when we got back to my house, we set about to clean her car. Not just the brush and whatever it left behind, but a serious cleaning. Vacuum, Windex, the works.

This was the first real time I have ever done something like that with one of my friends, and it felt good to help her and just talk and hang out. I really needed that after not having really done anything with my friends all summer.

Edit:
This is the day after I made the post above.

So my friend, the same one mentioned above, calls me a 8:07 this morning and says that her car has stopped running and she is on the side of the road. She thinks that the battery is dead and would like me to come give her a jump. She isn't even that far away. When I get there, her boyfriend (Who only lived about half a mile away from where she was) is there already (in his own car). I pull up to the front of her car and we all try connecting the jumper cables.

Nothing. It wasn't the battery that was the problem apparently.

So, since that was the only thing we could think of right then, her boyfriend decides he's going to get in his car, go to his house, and pick up some chains so I can tow her car with my truck.

His car wouldn't start.

Well, at this point we're getting frustrated. It turns out my friend had a tow rope in the back of her car, but I didn't really want to tow it because none of us are above the age of 18 and haven't tried this before. Even if it is for only a short distance. So we decide to try and push the car to his house, but by the time we were halfway there, I changed my mind and went back to get my truck.

We hook the cable up and tow the car to his house with no problems. While she stays there, her boyfriend and me go to get his car next. He said that it was probably just the morning dew in the grass that got a wire underneath the car wet that prevented it from starting. Well, we can't get it started (again) and try to push it down the road a little so I could hook my truck up without it being in the middle if an intersection. (His car is facing in the opposite direction that my friends was) Well, we can't get it to move more than a foot.

So we agreed to hook it up as quickly as possible and go. Now, his car is pointing in the opposite direction of his house, so once we hook up, we have to drive forward and find a place to turn around. I pull us into a community that has a cul de sac at the end and attempt to pull us in a circle. Attempt being the key word.

It turns out wherever he hooked the rope didn't like the sharp turn and came off, breaking his brake line in the process. No problem, I'm already towing him, right? Wrong. When towing with a cable or rope, it is actually the car being towed that does most, if not all, of the breaking in order to keep the rope tight and prevent jerking every time they come to a stop and go. And to stop from hitting the car towing them in front too.

So not only did his break lines break when the only thing wrong in the first place was that it wouldn't start because it was wet, but now it just got that much more stressful for me to tow him.

Well, we were even farther away from his house than before, so pushing it by hand was not an option, so I had to simply tow it at 5 MPH the entire way, slowly stop whenever I needed to (Like, real slow), and start real slow to get the rope tight each time. Very time consuming.

We finally get back to his house, and he invites me in to cool off in the AC for a little bit. It's about 10:30 by this time. Bandcamp started at 9:00 (Luckily, I had texted a few other people in the band what had happened so the director wasn't mad when we both finally got there) About 10 minutes after going inside, me and my friend decide to leave and go to bandcamp. She decides to try and start her car up one more time. Just to see what would happen. After all, it didn't do a single thing when she tried on the side of the road.

It started right up.

Do I need to say any more about my morning?
Jeff "Clavy" Civit

Post by 0404 »

:lol: I can't stop laughing Jeff, I know it was no good time for you but it's just too hilarious :lol: :lol:. well you learned something, make sure to check car starts before towing and middle of towing XP
that was mean... sorry jeff

Joy:my friend got Job, now he is Flyer boy.
Joy:I had a chance to hangout with him.
but: I had to help him with flyer job, I helped him making a pack of flyers.
sorrow: it rained so we couldn't deliver any flyers
Last edited by 0404 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

joy-ish sorrow: Got my results back from my past year at college.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy: Otep concert tonight!
sorrow: This research paper is really stressing me out.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz

Post by 0404 »

Sorrow: Blood in my cat's stool.
I hope she is ok, I should call her vet.
Sorrow:not sure there is going to be enough money to get her to vet.
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Sorrow: My History 211 class requires me to buy 3 textbooks for one semester. That doesn't make the class seem easy.
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

@ JeffCvt - At least you were there for a friend when she needed you. When the time comes when you need her she could not refuse to help.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Thanks for that Miles, but the rest of this week has kicked my butt too.

It turns out that it wasn't a brake line that got taken out on the car, but a power steering line, my friends forgot to buy my lunch when they went to McDonalds today and didn't realize until after they came back (And I hadn't had any breakfast because I had to rush out of the door this morning, so I didn't eat a single thing until 6:00 PM today), and to top everything off, I think I'm getting sick.

I just want to craw into a hole right now and not come out for a long time. It's like this week said "Had a good day Monday and Tuesday? We'll give you a lousy morning on Wensday, meh kind of day on Thursday, and starve you and make you sick all at the same time on Friday."

...I shouldn't complain. But I want to, so I will.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: My friend and I were the only two undefeated players at this week's Friday Night Magic!

Sorrow: My mom is making me "talk about my feelings" with my dad, who never listens and I hate to talk to.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I thought your dad was the one who actually tried to be supportive of you and get into your interests.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Those aren't the feelings he wants to talk about.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Sorry to hear you're still having family troubles Sleet. I wish I could offer something beyond my condolences.

Sorrow:I have work tomorrow
Joy:I kind of need the hours and it'll go along way towards fattening my next paycheck.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Joy: I appear to be at another My Little Pony convention...how did I get here?
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

Sorrow: My dog Boomerang had a seizure last night. Might mean he will keep having them through his life.
Mixed: Got New Super Mario Bros. 2 with my brother. However the game is not as I'd hoped. Maybe it is just in 2 player, but the game feels very floaty, and the camera is centered on one player. This is especially bad since the hand held games have a small screen, so half the game, one player plays blind.

Post by 0404 »

I'm sorry to hear that Flint. I wish him a health.
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

Joy: Ok so my Geography teachers are both just a complete rude word, that I shall not put here because the moderators would be less than pleased, so I decided to not turn up to either of their lessons for half the entire year. Well lo and behold look who gets 82/100 in their exam. could it be me, the person who skived half the lessons? yes. yes it is. The other Geography result was less then pleasing so I shall hastily cough and refrain from posting it.

Sorrow: The exam result system in England is now completely broken and grades don't mean anything anymore. My 82 mark would have been an A or an extraordinarily high B last year but this year it is now worth a C. If it takes 82% to get an average grade then I want to move to America. At least they appreciate and encourage academic achievement.
Oh yeah and for Biology in some stupid way apparently 60/80 is a D. That is beyond ridiculous and I am going to have a sit down with my head of year and have a nice long chat about how they need to get these exam grading systems fixed. This is beyond pathetic.
I WUV MAH KITTIES!
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

Wolfy wrote: My 82 mark would have been an A or an extraordinarily high B last year but this year it is now worth a C. If it takes 82% to get an average grade then I want to move to America. At least they appreciate and encourage academic achievement.
While most of the country uses the standard 100-90=A, 90-80=B, and so on... system, there are plenty of other times when it is changed. For example, in my old middle school you needed to score at least 94% to get an A-, but in my Calculus class in college you only need 86% to get an A. Even though grading isn't always the same I'm pretty sure most places do indeed value academic achievement like you said.

Anyways,
Joy: Classes started, so I get to see my friends at school again, as well as get to take fun classes like Creative Writing and Japanese.
Sorrow: Japanese is supposed to be extremely difficult.
Joy: Oddly I'll have more free time than I did during the summer so I will be able to be on more.
Sorrow: Some of my friends transferred out.
Joy: I might be getting a new dog soon.
I like Pie!!!
Go ahead and send me a message, maybe we could talk about pie!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Joy: I am a college graduate and I got the job I needed!!!

Things are starting to look up for me. It probably will not last but when the sun comes up tomorrow, I can feel a little bit more secure.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Wolfy wrote:Joy: Ok so my Geography teachers are both just a complete rude word, that I shall not put here because the moderators would be less than pleased, so I decided to not turn up to either of their lessons for half the entire year. Well lo and behold look who gets 82/100 in their exam. could it be me, the person who skived half the lessons? yes. yes it is. The other Geography result was less then pleasing so I shall hastily cough and refrain from posting it.

Sorrow: The exam result system in England is now completely broken and grades don't mean anything anymore. My 82 mark would have been an A or an extraordinarily high B last year but this year it is now worth a C. If it takes 82% to get an average grade then I want to move to America. At least they appreciate and encourage academic achievement.
Oh yeah and for Biology in some stupid way apparently 60/80 is a D. That is beyond ridiculous and I am going to have a sit down with my head of year and have a nice long chat about how they need to get these exam grading systems fixed. This is beyond pathetic.
...well, where you live is quite different to where I live. In my Maths, I only got about 50% and got a D.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Sorrow:School's back in session, so that means my daily workload has picked up.

Joy:At least I won't be bored with nothing to do in the mornings now, because their will be plenty.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy: only 3 more days at the worst job ever!
Joy:My job during the school year requires me to work every other weekend but I was able to set it up so I only miss one home football game.
sorrow:The deadline for my paper keeps getting closer..... :shock:
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

Wolfy wrote:Joy: Ok so my Geography teachers are both just a complete rude word, that I shall not put here because the moderators would be less than pleased, so I decided to not turn up to either of their lessons for half the entire year. Well lo and behold look who gets 82/100 in their exam. could it be me, the person who skived half the lessons? yes. yes it is. The other Geography result was less then pleasing so I shall hastily cough and refrain from posting it.

Actually, Britain has some of the best education in the world. Foreign students pay unbelieveable amounts of money (university fees are about £9000 per year for UK citizens, foreign students would have to pay up to more than three times this amount) just for the privilege of an education in our country.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Wolfy wrote: My 82 mark would have been an A or an extraordinarily high B last year but this year it is now worth a C. If it takes 82% to get an average grade then I want to move to America. At least they appreciate and encourage academic achievement.
82% here in America is a C. Most places, like my area, 85-92 is a B, but there are rare places where 80-90 is a B.

~
Joy: I finally was able to change my avatar, and I'll leave it up for a day or two just so everyone can giggle at it, but I'm going to change it back. XD It just seems out of place for right now.

Hey guys, I'm doing a lot better than I was two weeks ago, but I'm still kinda down about it. So, you know. School starts Thursday so that will help a lot.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Sorrow: bad day today. :( Bad eating habits + love of arguing = fail.

Joy: I might be getting my first job EVER! :D
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com

Post by 0404 »

Good luck with your Job chewy!
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Thanks, texascat! :D
PF chars

--Phoenix

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

ChewyChewy wrote:Sorrow: bad day today. :( Bad eating habits + love of arguing = fail.

Congrats Chewy. Stack that paper dawg!

Joy: I'm getting close to being done with the actual research for my paper which is pretty much going to put me in a good mood tomorrow no matter what
Sorrow:I have to be up in less than 5 hours for work
sorrow: My mom has a bone spur in her shoulder and she's been miserable lately
Sorrow:My dad and sister are pretty awful at being helpful/supportive when she needs them to. So I end up being the one she vents to
Joy:At least I get along with my mom well enough for her to vent to me
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Thanks! :D "Stack that paper dawg"? :?

Hope all goes well with your paper, and that you get enough sleep.

Sorry about your mother, though. :( But bless you for being there for her when she needs it.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Beagle wrote:82% here in America is a C. Most places, like my area, 85-92 is a B, but there are rare places where 80-90 is a B.
Through both my public and university educations, the grade scale was thusly:

0-59: F
60-69: D
70-79: C
80-89: B
90-100: A

Of course, that's sort off the topic currently, but whatever! We can discuss various grading schema in a new thread, if y'all so wish.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

1here I live in England, it's roughly:

50 - 59% = D
60 - 69% = C
70 - 79% = B
80 - 89% = A
90 onwards = A* (pronounced A star)

Keep in account this Is English college grades, typically taken ages 17-18 by. Also, easier tests have higher grade boundaries and harder tests have lower grade boundaries.

And since thid always happens, some other Brit is gonna mention 1 thing I've said here is wrong.
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

44R0NM10 wrote:1here I live in England, it's roughly:

50 - 59% = D
60 - 69% = C
70 - 79% = B
80 - 89% = A
90 onwards = A* (pronounced A star)

Keep in account this Is English college grades, typically taken ages 17-18 by. Also, easier tests have higher grade boundaries and harder tests have lower grade boundaries.

And since thid always happens, some other Brit is gonna mention 1 thing I've said here is wrong.
Well I'm in 6th form which is A different version of college so I should be taking the same exams from the same examining boards as that. So the grade boundaries should be low. It used to be like that for the year group that has just left but they changed it for our year. Which also means my year group now has the highest number of drop outs and resisters that my school has ever had. Apparently the entire exam system is being changed to end of year instead of modular so no one gives a crap about what we are getting this year. It will probably be rendered obsolete in a year anyway. Or that's just my school. Probably my school. It sucks like that.

Lol: one of my kitties is asleep in the plant pot

AND THERE IS A HUGE SPIDER IN MY ROOM! OH WHERE IS A FLAMETHROWER WHEN YOU NEED ONE?
I WUV MAH KITTIES!
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

ChewyChewy wrote:Sorrow: bad day today. :( Bad eating habits + love of arguing = fail.

Good luck man. Where are you working?
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Sorrow: I will get a heart attack from this breakfast.
Contrary: it tasted amazing!

Joy: I finished setting up my dorm room.

More Joy: Seasons One through Four!!!!!! *shot*
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!