Moderator: ArcWolf

McFly

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by McFly »

Looks pretty cool. How did you make it?
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

The video I found showed how in Paint.net. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBMye49kEWk (Yes, mine is a similar color. It is only that way for the simple fact I like red and the guy in the video just happened to use red)

There seem to be a few other videos for doing similar stuff in other programs like Photoshop on the side though.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

Sorrow: Mars Volta split up and I've never gotten the chance to see them live :(
They were going to start up a tour back in September, but Omar didn't want to continue.
Panda Panda Panda
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Sorrow/Bad Scare: I had a bad night at work last night and then hit a deer on my way home from work.
Joy: I'm perfectly fine, and so is my car. Everything that could have went right happened and I'm darned lucky for it.

Before anyone asks, no, the deer did not magically skip off into Equestria. It was an automobile impact. Fill in the blanks guys. I don't want to show anyone a screenshot of my Facebook where everyone was saying, "Aww! Poor deer!" rather than, "Thank God you're okay!"
Thanks IRL acquaintances, you guys suck. I'm not happy it happened either (I cried for like an hour straight), but I killed something that had the clear advantage of killing me instead, so I don't feel too bad about it.

Joy: Because of snow and other bad weather in the afternoon today, I only have school until 11:00 AM. Good thing too; I'm exhausted after last night.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

Well I'm sure that everyone on the forum is glad you are ok Beagle! I've seen some aftermath images of a car having hit a deer, and it can get really bad. One even went through the windshield, so I'm glad you got lucky enough that you and your car were not hurt.
Sorrow: Two of my friends are not coming back to my college.
I like Pie!!!
Go ahead and send me a message, maybe we could talk about pie!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I'm definitely glad you're ok, Beagle. It sounded rough for you that night.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Beagle, you don't want to know the horror stories of deer that have been hit around here. All I can say good thing you weren't hurt. Hitting one of those is no matter of "You're alright? Well I feel sorry for the deer then."
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

And what makes me mad is that it is the very same here. School ended up only being two hours long (joy!) so no one really had a chance to find me and ask about it, but those who care, asked me about it. If that had been anyone else, everyone would have been been glad I was okay. But no, no one bothered except those I am very good friends with. I really have grown to be disgusted with high school kids these days, completely desensitized to anyone besides themselves, and this is one more reason why I am ready to graduate. The maturity gap is just ridiculous.

"Aww, poor deer!"
Really, I don't know how it didn't come through my windshield and kill me. I drive a tiny Nissan Sentra, not a truck. But thanks for the concerns, IRL jerks. The next person who says it is going to be thrown under the verbal automobile to see how they like it.

I just want to go to college and leave this place behind. Those who I love, I won't abandon, though.

And thanks guys. I think this just proved that people on the Internet who have never even met me care more about my well-being than 95% of my high school.

By the way, physics update:
JOY: I finished the course with a B!
Bahahaha: I failed the exam, but she knew how hard I tried all semester and curved it up to a D for my grade. XD
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

I just got my order from AnthroWear.

ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
McFly

Post by McFly »

Joy: Got my homework done early. Free weekend!
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Beagle wrote:Sorrow/Bad Scare: I had a bad night at work last night and then hit a deer on my way home from work.
Joy: I'm perfectly fine, and so is my car. Everything that could have went right happened and I'm darned lucky for it.

Before anyone asks, no, the deer did not magically skip off into Equestria. It was an automobile impact. Fill in the blanks guys. I don't want to show anyone a screenshot of my Facebook where everyone was saying, "Aww! Poor deer!" rather than, "Thank God you're okay!"
Thanks IRL acquaintances, you guys suck. I'm not happy it happened either (I cried for like an hour straight), but I killed something that had the clear advantage of killing me instead, so I don't feel too bad about it.

Joy: Because of snow and other bad weather in the afternoon today, I only have school until 11:00 AM. Good thing too; I'm exhausted after last night.
Thank God you are okay, and that your car is as well, and I'd be saying that even if you hadn't said that. :shock: And I'm sorry you cried for so long. :(

We've really got our priorities mixed up if people are more concerned about a deer than about you. I don't have a lack of sympathy for animals, and I am sorry for what happened to the deer, but people are more important.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Thank you Chewy, and I agree with you. I was crying for so long because I had been so scared. I texted my best friend, the only other person awake at 11:10 PM on a school night, and she called me and refused to get off the phone with me until my dad got there fifteen minutes later. I was shaking and crying so badly that I could barely use my cell phone. That girl is like my sister and I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world.

When I got on the bus this morning, she smiled at me and said, "Hey crashee!", commenting that my signature orange fox hat was the perfect touch.
http://images.latinospost.com/data/imag ... -stars.jpg
And then about ten minutes into the bus ride, her dad called my dad to hear about what happened. I guess my second dad insisted on making sure everything was okay too. =)

Joy: 4/4 colleges: Accepted!
FacebookEdit.jpg
FacebookEdit.jpg (44.87 KiB) Viewed 8626 times
I've already heard from my first choice, but this was my second choice!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Congrats, Beagle!

Sorrow: Indiana University doesn't like me as much as UNCCH likes Beagle. Three more chances...
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I'm sure you will be accepted. Don't be discouraged, you are a smart fox.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I agree with Dissension. I may not know you as well as he does Sleet, but you are clearly a smart person from what I have seen.
It would surprise me if you weren't able to get into at least one school.

Joy: I finally got some of that white fluffy stuff and it looks like it's going to be here to stay for a few days.
I'm better at dealing with hot temperatures than below freezing ones, but I like snow anyway.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy: skipped the party at my frat to hang out with some old friends back in my hometown last night and I'm hanging out with a bunch of my study-abroad buddies tonight.
Joy: I don't have a lot of homework to do tomorrow so I can afford to waste my weekend
Sorrow: I work 2-6 today after getting about 5 hours of sleep on my friend's couch.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

JeffCvt wrote:Joy: I finally got some of that white fluffy stuff and it looks like it's going to be here to stay for a few days.
Sleet's visiting you?

JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Sleet is going to visit me? I better get the couch ready for her. I hope he doesn't mnd cats...
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

JeffCvt wrote:Sleet is going to visit me? I better get the couch ready for her. I hope he doesn't mnd cats...
He's allergic to cats, if I remember correctly.

Sleet, don't get discouraged! Remember, you'll always end up exactly where you need to be. I'm sure you'll get into one of the schools you applied to.
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Joy: Spent the night at my friend's house, and it was awesome
Joy 2: Got to do a couple things in some free MMOs that was a bit goofey, and fun, like we played star Trek Online, and spammed the chat as if we were playing as Zap Brannagan from Futurama
Joy 3: A friend is making me a collar, and that's awesome
Weird things: Had an odd dream where I was in Punch Out on the Wii. It was odd.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Sleet wrote:Congrats, Beagle!

Sorrow: Indiana University doesn't like me as much as UNCCH likes Beagle. Three more chances...
The good news is you don't have to move to Indiana.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Sorrow: I've been nothing less than down for a week.

I'm glad to hear you're okay, Beagle, and congrats on getting accepted into UNCCH if you choose to take it.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Seth wrote:
Sleet wrote:Congrats, Beagle!

The good news is you don't have to move to Indiana.
Where I get to hang out with and possible fall in love with a good online friend? Lucky me.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Sorrow: My brother is being a jerk again. This morning he demanded I do his laundry for him, so he started calling me fat and several other not so nice names, and I told him some very mean things, we argued more, he threatened to assault me, I threatened to call the cops, and he fought with my parents for hours. Now he's wallowing in his "Woe is me, nobody is being nice to me." crap he does all the time. I just quit ;_;
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Duster

Post by Duster »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:Sorrow: My brother is being a jerk again. This morning he demanded I do his laundry for him, so he started calling me fat and several other not so nice names, and I told him some very mean things, we argued more, he threatened to assault me, I threatened to call the cops, and he fought with my parents for hours. Now he's wallowing in his "Woe is me, nobody is being nice to me." crap he does all the time. I just quit ;_;
He sounds exactly like my little brother. Are you sure we're not related?
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

sorrow: there aren't any good shows in lansing in the next couple months.
Joy: I got another friend who wants to make a music video with me.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: Getting paid 400 dollars to play bass in four concerts. This would be my first time playing a rock concert!
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Sleet wrote:Joy: Getting paid 400 dollars to play bass in four concerts. This would be my first time playing a rock concert!
That is awesome, and so much more than my IRL bassist friend get's paid for his gigs. :P
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Thus proving that, in America, at least, rock bassist is a highly-respected and well-compensated career field. ;p

Alternately, that persistence and practice can get you a cool source of side-income in addition to a hobby.

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

sorrow: Itunes is dumb and I hate it. I got a new ipod today and Itunes being the crudtastic music player it is only downloaded about 2/3 of my music to it. I need to dig through my cds and upload the other 700 or so songs.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

annoyance: I apparently just ran an empty dryer while my clothes sat wet in the dryer above it. after having already payed for another one that turned out to be out of order.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Dissension wrote:Thus proving that, in America, at least, rock bassist is a highly-respected and well-compensated career field. ;p

Alternately, that persistence and practice can get you a cool source of side-income in addition to a hobby.
I don't think I've ever really practiced my bass in any significant amount in my life.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

So the former, then?

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Yes. Being a bassists instantly gives you money, prestige, and ladies.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Worked for a certain squirrel we know... ;3

Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Dissension wrote:Worked for a certain squirrel we know... ;3
I don't think having a bass voice qualifies as being a bassist. :P
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Sorrow : The rifle my dad handed down to me broke and is now completely inoperable, and the company that manufactures it doesn’t make the proper replacement part anymore.
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Joy: My apartment survived the flood for the most part.

Sorrow: The water that got into my car from the flood has frozen the lock mechanisms so I had to walk to work two days in a row, and was late both times. And, my cell phone is still dead so I cannot call a mechanic, a locksmith or anyone for that matter.

Why does life have to be so hard?
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
McFly

Post by McFly »

Joy: Got another college acceptance. 2 for 2 so far.
Gray

Post by Gray »

Lemme try :3

Joy: I'll finally start going to the university in less than a month :D

Sorrow: I'll finally start going to the university in less than a month :c