Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Sleet »

texascat018 wrote:
Sleet wrote:Sorrow: First thing this morning (Yes, even before my alarm clock went off) was my mom yelling at me for the books she found on my bookshelf about equality that she doesn't like.
Sorrow: I was too upset to concentrate and I ended up getting a speeding ticket.
Sorrow: My dad never got me the updated insurance information so I got another ticket for that.
*hugs* it's Christmas Eve, something nice oughta happen... My best Regard Sleet
Nope, more bad stuff happened on Christmas Eve. She's angry at me and shouting and crying because I suggested to her that she needs to be more self-sufficient rather than having certain tasks she refuses to learn to do and instead has me do for her (and my dad before he left). She interpreted that as saying "I don't like doing work and I wish you did everything for me!" She then listed all the things she does (all of the things I am capable of and did do when I was living at college) and called me a bad Christian.

This all started with me spending two hours looking through our horrible hoarder basement that my mom outright refuses to go down into, and instead pushes it on me (formerly my dad) to put things down there and retrieve things from. Apparently a good son/daughter wouldn't have told her that if I go to medical school out of state and my dad doesn't come back, she's going to be screwed if she doesn't learn some things. Apparently it's not a child's job to teach their parents anything.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Oh, Sleet. :( I'm sorry to hear that the day is going like this for you. :(
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I wish things were better for you Sleet, but I hope things turn out for the better soon.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

I hope everything will be better Sleet :(

Sorrow: I hate meetings and I right now I'm after 4 hour meeting with friends of my parents.
My account on DA (something happens since I'm back here :))

My youtube accoint (with failed attemps to at least pretend I can sing)

Student, basketball referee, activist in old basketball club and official member of this club
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sorrow: Just recently found out my aunt is now a diabetic. It worries me whenever i hear it because it's naturally high in my family and i hope i also don't run into it in the future.
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Sorrow: Well, its official, me and Scarlet have broken up, and I am depressed. I don't know.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Sorry to hear that. :( Just please try to remember, it does get better. I got depressed once for similar reasons but I got over it. In the meantime, just try to look to friends or family for comfort.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Ugh.

Sorrow: Going back to work Jan 13th, but I'm heading back to the same crappy contract I was on, while I signed back onto a more bearable contract when I called back.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Joy: dota 2 is rather enjoyable and some nice variation when taking a league break, yay.
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

You've reminded me one thing Tiggy.

http://place.net/data/7c/ba/7cbac315b222 ... 82d753.swf

I found it some time ago, it's really nice animation in my opinion.

Student, basketball referee, activist in old basketball club and official member of this club
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Got a mirror for that? I get sent to some weird search engine thing
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

Same thing again, I'll later figure it out.

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Sorry to hear about your family drama Sleet. I've dealt with holiday drama with my family a couple years in a row now and it just drains you. I hope whatever issues your family is having can get resolved.

Sorrow: My sister is creating a lot of drama and generally sapped the holiday spirit I had managed to muster up. I woke up christmas eve to everyone else fighting and spent the day away from home with my best friend cruising around town. THat's the second straight christmas Eve I've spent dodging arguing family members.
Sorrow/rant: My family is a complete mess and I can't deal with them anymore. My campus is within about two miles of their house and next year when I'm living in the fraternity house and not the dorms I will not be coming home for chirstmas break. I'll be there for christmas and any other holiday festivities with the extended family but as much as I love my parents the way my sister stirs up drama between Every member of the family is too much. As much as I don't want to say it because she's family my sister is just a mean spirited and ugly person.
Joy: Everyone managed to get through christmas without a major fight. Which is unfortunately a feat in my family.
Joy: I've gotten everything I need to get done over break done. I can relax for the next 10 days or so. (Not that I was doing a lot before that but I don't have that little niggling sense that I have things to do.
Joy:I've had a ton of fun reconnecting with people in my hometown.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

I found direct link to this animation on DA, so it should be ok now:

http://yudhaikeledai.deviantart.com/art ... -338593909

jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

Joy: I've managed to check every single drawing I have on my watch list on DA (over 8k drawings!)

GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Ultra Joy: I got a Hole In One on Hot Shots Golf 4 today. It only took me two tears and on my Birthday to get it done <3 <3 <3
The Grey Wolverine

Sorrow: I think I just got myself suspended, I'm an idiot who can't go a week without screwing something up -_-
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Not sure: I can go into a defensive emotionless state. This means I stifle all emotion. Including love.
The Grey Wolverine

Sorrow: Suspended for 5 days now :(
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:Sorrow: Suspended for 5 days now :(
Aw dang it, man... :(
Life is Music, and Music is Life
------------------
My songs: http://www.soundcloud.com/onevirtue

Check out my FA page too!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

on the bright side it could have been worse. 5 days can't be too difficult to catch up on in most classes. Honestly I'd voluntarily skip a week of classes.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
on the bright side it could have been worse. 5 days can't be too difficult to catch up on in most classes. Honestly I'd voluntarily skip a week of classes.
Suspension does not sit well with most families, nor would it look good on you from a teacher's view, so it is not missing classes that is the worst part.
Hope it goes well for you though.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Sorrow: just not particularly happy lately. Maybe I need break to end to get out of this little funk I'm in.
Joy: My mom had her last surgery yesterday ( to replace the casualty of her mastectomy she had last year) and is doing well.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Suspension does not sit well with most families, nor would it look good on you from a teacher's view, so it is not missing classes that is the worst part.
Hope it goes well for you though.
I didn't say it wasn't bad, but the shame plus a longer period of time would suck even more.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

Sorrow: My dad is sick and feels really bad :(

Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Sorrow: Not sure if this stomachache is from my funny-smelling water bottle this morning, the ice cream from McDonald's, too much sweet tea, or other bodily reasons.

Either way, all of the holiday feastings have left me feeling kind of gross. I think it's time for a sugar and sweets detox, along with some cardiovascular time in the park.

Blahhhhh, back to real life. Vacation is officially over.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

extreme annoyance: My dog peed in the house. While my brother cleaned it up, I took him out and he pooped in someone else's property, but the flashlight I had wasn't bright enough for me to see it and pick it up, so I went back with a better flashlight to find it. I still couldn't find it, yet I somehow manged to step in it.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Senorpie7

Post by Senorpie7 »

Half and Half:
I woke up super early today and things are going great, I had some time to chat with people I care about and life is easy going for me right now, but I have had wisdom teeth surgery so lately I have not been eating much of anything and I get my stitches in my mouth out later today.
*lowers his ears and looks a little bummed out, his tail curling around his side*
Ah well, it will be alright in the end I'm sure :3
Wish me luck!
A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.~ Jeramy Clarkson, Top gear <3
McFly

Post by McFly »

Neutral: Goin' back to school on Tuesday.
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

joy: Went snowboarding today with my cousins. It felt good to finally be on the slopes again. Fortunately, it didn't take long to get used to the board after not being on it for almost a year. Hopefully I'll get to go again soon.
Life is Music, and Music is Life
------------------
My songs: http://www.soundcloud.com/onevirtue

Check out my FA page too!
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Senorpie7 wrote:Half and Half:
I woke up super early today and things are going great, I had some time to chat with people I care about and life is easy going for me right now, but I have had wisdom teeth surgery so lately I have not been eating much of anything and I get my stitches in my mouth out later today.
*lowers his ears and looks a little bummed out, his tail curling around his side*
Ah well, it will be alright in the end I'm sure :3
Wish me luck!
I had mine removed two months ago. You feel so much better after the stitches are out, and I'm going to tell you to rinse with the water syringe your oral surgeon gave you at your follow-up /immediately after every time you eat/. Keep your gums clean, and it will heal faster and will cut down on pain and discomfort. Good luck! :3
McFly

Post by McFly »

Joy: The rain came back. Though, it's kinda weird because it's been clear and sunny for the past week.

Sorrow: Gotta throw away my favorite hoodie.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Why do you have to throw it away? Can you get another?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
McFly

Post by McFly »

I have to throw it away because I'm starting to grow out of it. Plus, there's a whole bunch of holes in it. And to answer your question about getting a new one, my mom bought me a new hoodie for Christmas to replace the old one.
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

*Squeeeee!*: I bought two Pokemon games from CEX and being a curious fellow I checked the game data on Platinum before I made my own profile. A few seconds of mouth gape followed by grabbing my black version and a mass transfer system later and I am now the proud owner of a lugia, red gyarados, Raikou, meganium, Dialga and a bunch of others that are impossible for me to normally get on my black version. *Not so manly squeal of joy*
I WUV MAH KITTIES!
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Sorrow:I head back to work tomorrow after three days off for my grandmother's passing. It's in a new set of buildings that I have to learn and figure out, which is stressful. My boss claims that it will be easier then the ones I was in, but I'm really not sure and won't know till the students
come back on the 16th. So it will be the end of the month before I can make a real judgement call.

Sorrow:I realize that I don't fit in very well here at times. I need to make more of a effort to fit in here. But i'm not always sure how.

Sorrow:I'm really starting to question if I'll be able to get down enough math to return to college or not.
DingoVolf
Location: It was unwise to wake the 3-eyed cat, but we did it anyways, and now look at us. Whatever you do,

Post by DingoVolf »

Foxstar wrote:Sorrow:I head back to work tomorrow after three days off for my grandmother's passing.
Sorry to hear your grandmother passed. Sometimes it's days after someone leaves your life, when you're trying to get back into the rhythm of things, when you notice the loss the most.
Foxstar wrote: Sorrow:I realize that I don't fit in very well here at times. I need to make more of a effort to fit in here. But i'm not always sure how.
Totally relate. The SDS was a nice way I could interact and share, but that's on vacation for now.

Got a Joy/Sorrow saga for ya here:
Joy: Finally arranged to get new glasses before a big vacation at the end of the month.
Annoyance: They'll take 2 weeks to make.
Sorrow: My old glasses busted while I was innocently sitting playing vid games.
Joyish: I was able to repair the frames by soldering them back together.
Sorrow: While making the repair, the lens got bumped and fell behind my workbench.
Joy: The wife helped me look for it.
Sorrow: We systematically tore apart most of my room/office looking for the lens, never found it.
Joy: The same glasses shop was able to make an emergency pair the same day and it wasn't expensive at all.
Sorrow: The rest of the day was spent putting everything back into my room.
Joy: The wife took pity on me and got herself Borderlands 2 so we can play together. :D
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Sorrow: Work messed up my schedule a bit and I need to go talk to them to try and get a few more hours a week.
Joy: out of my parents house until this summer.
joy; Dad bought me a new black hoodie yesterday.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Sorrow: Ten minutes into my Western Civilization course, I remember why I hate history classes so much, and why I didn't take AP U.S. History or AP European History. At least I just have to stick it out for sixteen weeks and never have to deal with it again.
Joy: I can print out the bi-weekly psychology quizzes and work on them without actually having to sit down and read the textbook. That's one significant time saver.
Joy: I found out why my car radio has sounded awful. Really, who left the sound setting on "dynamic"? I drive a 15 year old car with a dent in the door, I don't need to be rolling through town with the bass kicking through my speakers.
asdfg; School just has me stressed out this week. High school finals + start of college classes = a big mess. Synchronized semesters would be lovely.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Joy: I don't get to hear much of my brother's basketball games at high school, but he was able to help the team go into overtime in today's game and they eventually won their first game out of three this year =)