Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Deske

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Deske »

InDaZone1219 wrote:Sorrow: I had to give Carmina Burana back to the orchestra. You will be missed, you wonderful work of art.
I just remember just exactly what Carmina Burana was... Isn't it like an hour and a half long something?
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Deske wrote:
InDaZone1219 wrote:Sorrow: I had to give Carmina Burana back to the orchestra. You will be missed, you wonderful work of art.
I just remember just exactly what Carmina Burana was... Isn't it like an hour and a half long something?
Yeah, but singing it feels like 8 minutes, and our part of the choir stood for 40 minutes out of the entire performance
A steady, but luminous glow of power in the dark
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Joy: A WWII B-17 Flying Fortress did a low flyover while I was taking the dog for a walk. At first I thought it was a regular prop plane, but it just got louder and louder like a helicopter, so I decided to take a look. Lo and behold, I see the huge warbird rumbling around 200 feet right over my head! :o It was the last thing I expected to see, but I recognized it immediately (I'm a vintage military aircraft buff).

I can't even express how astonished I was! :lol: Who knew that the Air Force would give me such a wonderful gift for my birthday! :mrgreen: It made my day.

Sorrow: I didn't get any pictures. :(
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Nuuuuu...
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I have a biology test tomorrow which I am sure I am gonna pass

Sorrow: My computer broke so I had to get it fixed which took a large chunk out of my study time so now I have to cram. I did get it back though.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Douglas Collier wrote:Joy: A WWII B-17 Flying Fortress did a low flyover while I was taking the dog for a walk. At first I thought it was a regular prop plane, but it just got louder and louder like a helicopter, so I decided to take a look. Lo and behold, I see the huge warbird rumbling around 200 feet right over my head! :o It was the last thing I expected to see, but I recognized it immediately (I'm a vintage military aircraft buff).

I can't even express how astonished I was! :lol: Who knew that the Air Force would give me such a wonderful gift for my birthday! :mrgreen: It made my day.

Sorrow: I didn't get any pictures. :(
Reminds me of the time one of those F-117 Nighthawks flew over my head at this air show. Probably about the same height your B-17 was at. Except, the only reason I knew anything was there was because of its shadow.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Joy: Returned home from my trip! I have access to clean beds, toilets and wifi again! I'm really gonna miss having Nepalese food though.

Joy: My brother made tiramisu for me!
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Deske

Post by Deske »

Sorrow : Literally nothing makes sense in math anymore and its becoming harder and harder to continue trying to graduate anymore.
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

What math is it?
Just an Arc
Deske

Post by Deske »

ArcWolf wrote:What math is it?
The "oh so easy" college algebra.
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

College algebra can be kind of tricky.

If you need any help and teachers and tutors don't help

you can always PM me
Just an Arc
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm in "Introduction to College Math" since I am a general studies major. I wanna do something with world history though.
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Joy: My new job isn't all that bad, and I might be able to keep it as a full time position.
Sorrow: Walking around and being on my feet for 9 hours a day is becoming pretty hard on my feet (I will get used to that) and my knee. Because of a past injury, this might not be a good sign and I hope it wont affect the job.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Look into better shoes or insoles.

If you've never tried them, a good pair of insoles can make a TON of difference for less than $15. I've worn leather workboots every day for over a year and I've tried 3 or 4 different insoles. You'd be AMAZED the difference between between them all. I personally find memory foam ones the best.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

Joy: the first snow this year! :D
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
Deske

Post by Deske »

Hukley wrote:Joy: the first snow this year! :D
Lucky it's still cold and rainy where I live. Not bad, but I'd prefer snow.
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Joy/Sorrow: I'll be taking 4 high level math classes this Spring, and I'm not sure if I'm excited or scared..... Well, if I plan on being a professor one day, I probably should get used to this.
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Joy: They are finally starting to listen to my ideas at work! Since Thursday is the slowest night, they are taking my advice to turn it into a movie night! We will show free movies from the public domain in order to attract more business and entertain our patrons! The first show will be the Thursday before Halloween and we are showing "Night of the Living Dead"! And I get to create the pre-show!
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Deske

Post by Deske »

Joy : Just started the game of D&D. I am without doubt best roleplayer in my group. Without doubt. *srs face*
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Hukley wrote:Joy: the first snow this year! :D
Good, but you mean the first snow in autumn. ;) Didn't snow on January and February in Switzerland, at least? :P
I got rain here, instead, with a bad cold day. The previous days have been enough hot considering the season.
Deske wrote:Lucky it's still cold and rainy where I live. Not bad, but I'd prefer snow.
Cold and rainy weather is lucky? Up to a certain point...
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Cesco wrote:I got rain here, instead, with a bad cold day.
Sorrow: Same where I live. In fact, it was raining so hard last night, I had a tough time falling asleep.

Joy: At least I finally fixed the rear window of my truck so it wouldn't leak anymore before that. This it like, the 4th time I've had to fix it...
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

JeffCvt wrote:
Sorrow: Same where I live. In fact, it was raining so hard last night, I had a tough time falling asleep.

Joy: At least I finally fixed the rear window of my truck so it wouldn't leak anymore before that. This it like, the 4th time I've had to fix it...
Joy: The rain just let up here.

Sorrow: It's about time too, my feet are freezing and I'm in a heated house.
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: I think I flunked my math test hard. No matter how much I studied, it all looked like it was from a different chapter. Why do I need math anyway? I wanna do something with world history.
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Math is important, it holds the universe together or something. Without it, all is lost.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Sorrow: I think I flunked my math test hard. No matter how much I studied, it all looked like it was from a different chapter. Why do I need math anyway? I wanna do something with world history.
InDaZone1219 wrote:Math is important, it holds the universe together or something. Without it, all is lost.
Does this mean the universe is going to start disintegrating? Is this the end of the world?? :shock:
No, it's not. Don't worry, Amazee - I'm pretty bad at math too (I still have use my fingers to count), but I was able to pass. Asking someone for help is always good advice, whether it be the teacher, your parents, a tutor, or anyone on this forum who's good at math (not me). ;)
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Douglas Collier wrote: Does this mean the universe is going to start disintegrating? Is this the end of the world?? :shock:
No, it's not. Don't worry, Amazee - I'm pretty bad at math too (I still have use my fingers to count), but I was able to pass. Asking someone for help is always good advice, whether it be the teacher, your parents, a tutor, or anyone on this forum who's good at math (not me). ;)
Don't worry, l'il corgi, the end of the universe won't affect you anyways. You are Omnilocked, right?
Deske

Post by Deske »

Joyish Sorrow : I finished Avatar : The Last Airbender. That was the best semi-marathon ever. I don't know why I don't do it more often.
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Deske wrote:Joyish Sorrow : I finished Avatar : The Last Airbender. That was the best semi-marathon ever. I don't know why I don't do it more often.
Yay!
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Deske wrote:Joyish Sorrow : I finished Avatar : The Last Airbender. That was the best semi-marathon ever. I don't know why I don't do it more often.
Did you watch Korra?
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
Deske

Post by Deske »

Cm4F wrote:
Did you watch Korra?
No, just the first series.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Then I would most certainly recommend watching it. I've never been a fan myself, but during my trip, two of my team just WOULD NOT stop talking about the series, so yes, I'd definitely give it a chance of I were you.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Deske

Post by Deske »

I plan on it.

Joy : Doing a French Salon in history class. My group is doing Classical music and I am making Apfelstrudel.
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Im one of those type of people, but I don't know anybody who is actually caught up with the show.
Caught up = Season 4 Episode 3 as of today.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

JeffCvt wrote:

Sorrow: It seems I didn't fix it. Or, more specifically, the water is coming in from a different place now. It's pretty much to the point that the rear window has to be removed and installed again to get fixed. And from what I managed to price today, it's going to be a minimum of about $300 to have someone do it, or better part of a full day to do it myself.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Deske

Post by Deske »

Anger, I'm not even sorrowful about this, I'm just PO'd : Transmission has some stuff that needs to be done with it. Friend's dad, Mechanic, thinks it's going to be cheap. If there's anything I've ever learned about cars, nothing is ever cheap.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well I didn't pass, but I didn't completely bomb. I got a 69. Just one point. ONE POINT! :oops:
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

Jorrow:

Transferring to a university with a much better engineering program next year,

but in doing so I'm leaving my best friend behind.
Just an Arc
Deske

Post by Deske »

Joy : I moved things around on my hard drive, freed up 32 gigs of space. So much- OH GOD I HIT ENTER WHILE MOVING SOMETHING AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT WANTED TO SAY!
So much space for things.

Apparently it's open somewhere else...Where? I have no idea where it could possibly be open. I don't know how to delete it. So it's taking up space now...

Last EDIT : Got it! It no longer takes up space!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: My allergies are beginning to act up again.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Joy : Today's been pretty good and laid back. I got some pizza, some soda and I'm kicking back in this uncomfortable office chair with some anime. It's definitely been a good day.