Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

SuperStar

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by SuperStar »

Hlaoroo wrote:Thanks, guys! :D

We actually like Frostwood! Thanks heaps for the suggestion, Doug! :D
Frostwood it is! Let it be so in the records!
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Ooh, getting serious with the last names. ;)

Actually it was Brent who suggested Frostwood, so thank him. :P
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sorrow: I messed up my giving of thanks.

Joy: No one really cares and it's not important and it's easily fixed. :D

Thanks for the great name, Brent! :D
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Wow. Like Doug, this popped up from nowhere for me.

... Congrats! :D
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sorrow: *flop*

That's been my brain lately. out of energy and ideas. needs refreshment. @_@
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

*gives GC a caffeine injection*

Joy: Just won 1kg (2.2lbs) of gourmet sausages on the radio! :D
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Douglas Collier

Hmm, free meat which you did not select yourself … Make sure to cook it well and let someone else try it first. :D

:P
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
D3ath_0ps

Post by D3ath_0ps »

Joy: Just finished a year long project. Soooo happy with how it turned out.
Joy(?): I'm exauhsted and now I'm ready for sleep. x3
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

:lol: Good advice, Doug!

Nah, I think what happens is I get a voucher from the radio station and I take it to the butcher who gives me the sausages. But then again, they could just dump two pounds of raw meat into my paws at the radio station. :P

Congrats on finishing, d3ath!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Douglas Collier

Joy: Had a fun game a friend with the FHE (Family Home Evening) sisters and one of my roommates. I was an outlaw with three max life and only a +1 distance away ability and held my own for a long time against a sheriff with 5 life and the ability to draw three cards and pick two. It was funny how such a weakling could survive for so long - I even survived several rounds of dynamite. Eventually I was done in, though - you can only survive so many BANG!s.

(For those of you who don't know what BANG! is, it's a fun western themed card game where you shoot at other players until they're dead. It's a spaghetti western - so it's bilingual for our Italian friends on the forum. ;) )
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I went to go see my baby second cousin once removed today!
Deske

Post by Deske »

Irritated: Playing a survival game called The Long Dark. Went to go hatchet a wolf to try and get a pelt, didn't kill the wolf, it just ran away. I didn't know I could make bandages from cloth, needed some bandages badly and walked all the way back home and then figured out I could make them from cloth, but the time it took to make them killed me, thus wasting all 5 hours I spent trying not to die. Killed 3 wolves, survived a bear and the harsh cold. Lack of knowledge killed me, dunno what I expected.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: I'm almost done with my medical school applications!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Joy: I activated my Picarto account two days ago and now I can stream art ^^

Joy: I dispelled some of my sleep deprivation with a good nap (Slept from 1PM to 6PM)
A steady, but luminous glow of power in the dark
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

Joy: I've ordered a new drawing tablet, so I can produce more art, faster, and likely better than before.
Feel free to call me Czu for short. The games on this forum are pretty neat.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: A friend came back online and started to draw again.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

congrats. I see you're gradually helping serence take over the world one forum at a time.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Yup!
Look out world, here we come! :D
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:congrats. I see you're gradually helping serence take over the world one forum at a time.
I am not even going to resist. Since it is futile, sorry I might be helping them later.
Sorrow: well I wont be getting that truck, that and I had to get rid of a few things in my room. This meant having to get more storage and as such. So I needed to give a friend his my little pony collection and plushies back (they were being held at my place since he was worried of what his parents would think). He wasn't happy about this and decided that since I wouldn't hold on to his stuff, we wont be friends anymore.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Soooooo, an army of Qoulls and a eight tailed fox?
Just another day at the office... :lol:
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:congrats. I see you're gradually helping serence take over the world one forum at a time.
His next target may be Peter & Company

Furrhan has already made a number of Cameo appearances...

Hmmm... Furrhan & Company? Peter and Furrhan?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Autumn_Red_Panda wrote: I am not even going to resist. Since it is futile, sorry I might be helping them later.
Sorrow: well I wont be getting that truck, that and I had to get rid of a few things in my room. This meant having to get more storage and as such. So I needed to give a friend his my little pony collection and plushies back (they were being held at my place since he was worried of what his parents would think). He wasn't happy about this and decided that since I wouldn't hold on to his stuff, we wont be friends anymore.
sorry to hear that Drake , if he's really a friend, he'll turn around and make up , if he isn't , then I'm sorry to say this , but you're much better off without him . It's for the best , don't think too much about it :)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Thanks, everyone! :D
Welsh Halfwit wrote:His next target may be Peter & Company
Heh. I'll not reveal my plans. I've seen far too many movies to fall into that trap. :P
Autumn_Red_Panda wrote:He wasn't happy about this and decided that since I wouldn't hold on to his stuff, we wont be friends anymore.
Sorry to hear that, ARP. I hope you're okay. If it makes it any easier it sounds like he wasn't a great friend anyway.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah that really sucks Drake. I'm sorry that you lost a friend and aren't getting a truck. :cry:
Deske

Post by Deske »

Worry: So because I finished taking my ADHD medications 1-2 years before I started high school and finished high school with a bad gpa. I have to write a letter about why I want to be a Marine and why I have failed. Only time and my writing skill will tell if I have accomplished this task to the pleasure of whoever reads it and makes that decision.
Last edited by Deske on Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

sorry to hear that you're feeling like that Deske . This might not be the time to say this , but there're a lot of other things you can do with your life . Being a Marine is not the only way . I hope the best for you . But just remember that there will always another way .
Deske

Post by Deske »

I'm just worried because my whole family already knows that I'm trying and I don't want to be that kid. I feel like I constantly was considered that child. Everyone else went off to college and I'm going into the military. I don't want to feel like a failure buts it's getting pretty hard.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Know what, Deske? Even though I'm studying vet science I'm at the bottom of the class, I've failed twice and I've had to resit two exams. But I don't consider myself a failure. Know why? Because I haven't given up. I'm continuing to fight. Likewise you're not a failure until you've given up. And you know what else? Even if you don't get into the Marines there are still a million other career paths out there for you. So please, try to stay cheerful and have hope because your whole life is still ahead of you and you are absolutely not a failure. Even if you don't get into the Marines or the Millitary you won't be a failure and I can guarantee your family will love you and support you and be proud of you no matter what you do, okay?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Deske

Post by Deske »

You know, I just wrote a small book to Serence over there on the meaning behind everything. Sometimes I feel like I should write small books in posts instead of in PM's.
ANYWAY
I don't feel like a failure, I just don't want to become one. I haven't actively tried to give up. There's still a chance I might succeed, but it has become slimmer yet. I just have to pull out my heart and soul and smash them onto a piece of paper in a way that forms an adequate reason for why I want to stay and why I have failed. It'll be fine. I'm just worried about the possible outcomes. But I suppose that's pretty normal.
I know there are many paths I can take in my life, it's just, I haven't prepared for any of those, nor did I prepare for the failure of this path.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Yeah. You're stressed. And that's fine.
And you know what? You're actively trying not to be a failure so to me that means you'll never be a failure. Even if you don't get to go with the Marines, that just means that you haven't succeeded on that career path and that there'll be something better for you elsewhere. As they say, as one door closes another opens.
I know what it's like to be in your position. If I fail vet again then I get kicked out and I haven't made any preparations or plans for other career paths either. And this semester is notorious for being the most difficult in the course.
It is completely normal to be worried in situations like this. One hundred percent completely normal. If you feel that the stress of this is impacting you overly then I'd encourage you to see a doctor or therapist about it. I'm not ashamed to admit that I've been getting help from such people to deal with my own issues and I'm glad to be able to say that it along with having a good support network from my friends is helping. So you can get through this too, Deske, and if you feel you need help then please don't be afraid to get it. It's, in my opinion, the smartest and bravest thing a person can do.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo is right Deske , everything he said , I agree as well . I will send you a reply in PM , about what I wanna say , but for now , just don't worry about it too much . As long as you don't give up , it doesn't matter what happen . People make mistakes , they will fail , again and again , but for those who won't stop trying , they will eventually succeeds . There are many ways your life can go , many choices , and whatever the outcome , as long as you're not afraid to stand up and try again , it will be OK . Until I send you my PM , I just want you to know that . Best of luck to ya :) .
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I hope you realize your dream of becoming a marine Deske. At least you know what you wanna do with your life.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Joy. Sold an unneeded television for £35

Sorrow. IMMEDIATELY after, I got locked out of my flat. Landlord charges £30 for this sort of thing..(!)
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

That's a rather hefty charge Welshie, no other way in available like a window or anything?
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kyuunado wrote:That's a rather hefty charge Welshie, no other way in available like a window or anything?
It's a fifth floor flat.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Deske wrote:You know, I just wrote a small book to Serence over there on the meaning behind everything. Sometimes I feel like I should write small books in posts instead of in PM's.
ANYWAY
I don't feel like a failure, I just don't want to become one. I haven't actively tried to give up. There's still a chance I might succeed, but it has become slimmer yet. I just have to pull out my heart and soul and smash them onto a piece of paper in a way that forms an adequate reason for why I want to stay and why I have failed. It'll be fine. I'm just worried about the possible outcomes. But I suppose that's pretty normal.
I know there are many paths I can take in my life, it's just, I haven't prepared for any of those, nor did I prepare for the failure of this path.
I feel the same way in life, Deske. you can't let it bother you, though. it's all a matter of how you live your life and are sure you know what needs to be done ot make a positive living.

It's hard where i'm at, but i'm holding on until I can get a good management in my life, but my family is happy at least knowing it's safe where i'm at and i'm at least making min's meat.

Joy: My cousins came from their militia and their temporary unemployment to play some games. we played lots of Monopoly. This weekend we plan on creating croquet :3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Sorrow: My new job is horrible. I knew what I was getting into because CNA work is hard and unrewarding, and they wanted me without an interview, but that is the worse long term care facility I have ever seen. No one wanted to train me. I didn't find out where the charts were until halfway through my second day. Its sink or swim there. No one will even answer simple questions. And at a staff meeting they told us the place will probably get shut down in October if we do not correct the 17 violations the facility received.

Out of 50 jobs I applied for this was the only response. Ugh...

I hope some of the others come through.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

goodness ,I am so sorry to hear that Radio :( . I hope you can find a new job soon . 50 of them , there's gotta be 1 better than this .
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah that really sucks Radio. Hope you can get a better job soon.