Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

JeffCvt

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by JeffCvt »

I know a lot of kids my age who are total jerks, but I'm glad to say most of the kids in my school would treat a stranger with respect.

I'm one of the oldest students in the school, having turned 18 last summer. In comparison to the rest of my graduating class, I've always been very mature because of this. Being so much more mature, I tend to notice things about the students that others may not, and I can say that where I live, most kids are not "All bark and no bite," they are no bark to begin with. It makes me kinda sad to hear that there are kids out there who would do things like 44R0NM10 described.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

I recall a story my brother told me about a few kids that he rode the bus home from school with that would "pull the chain" to signal the driver to stop... EVERY SINGLE STOP. Nobody ever saw them, nobody fessed up, so nobody ever knew. I'm not sure if it still happens or not.
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

My brother backed his car into mine earlier this morning. Left a big dent in my grill and buckled the hood. Not even a scratch on his car though.

I have had a bad week.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Joy: I have finished my research paper - the last thing I had left for the semester.
All that's left to do is graduate.

I am a little stunned at how fast it seems to have gone.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

congraduations, Obbl
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Congratulations Obbl!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Nice. Hope thigns turn out good for your future after this, Obbl.

So Diss and Beagle are dating. >.> Uh oh. *Gets stampeded by a bunch of chibi-Diss and Beagles. Lovingly.*

Joy: Life is getting good again. I admittedly been cranky the past couple of days account of my dentist. How someone like me gets fillings every year is beyond me.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

GameCobra wrote:So Diss and Beagle are dating. >.> Uh oh. *Gets stampeded by a bunch of chibi-Diss and Beagles. Lovingly.*
They aren't actually. Beagle has a boyfriend in town and Dissension does not. :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

GameCobra wrote:So Diss and Beagle are dating. >.> Uh oh. *Gets stampeded by a bunch of chibi-Diss and Beagles. Lovingly.*
I don't, I can't even- were you skimming those posts? There's no possible way to even interpret those posts as Diss and I being together. :lol:

Sleet is correct. The guy who lended me his jacket in my programming class is my boyfriend.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Duster

Post by Duster »

Joy: I'm about to get better parking privileges at my work! It'll help shave over 20 minutes off my drive time, which is AWESOME!
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Beagle wrote:I don't, I can't even- were you skimming those posts? There's no possible way to even interpret those posts as Diss and I being together. :lol:
I just realized the best part about my post is the way i worded it. No, I don't think Diss and Beagle are dating. (Think of the headlines!)

I just meant it's cute to see Diss and Beagle talking about dating, that's all. =3

Side note:

Joy: Uncharted Waters Online? and it's Free?!? MUST PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY ~~~~
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Sleet also thinks it's super-cute when I act gay in public. = P

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

44R0NM10 wrote:Joy: I looked at a random guy I thought I knew today. When he saw me, I still couldn't tell if I knew him or not. At this point, I'd expect him to either tell me to Bicycle Repair Man off or be the guy I know. Interestingly enough, neither happened. He wasn't the guy I knew, and we had a very brief chat (6 sentences between us, ending in my finding out I didn't know him). As I left, the random guy told me to have a nice day.

Last time I approached a stranger my age was on a bus. It was kind filled, and my friends were sat close to the back. I tried to get a seat next to that stranger, and he did just tell me to Bicycle Repair Man off, like I was in the wrong for sitting down next to him. Truth be told, he was sitting in that way that took both seats, trying to ensure nobody sat next to him (his mate doing the same thing the seat in front of him). Gotta admit, after that, I kinda stopped liking mostly any stranger.

It wasn't the only time a stranger about my age has done something like that in fairness, but this is the first time in ages I can recall a stranger wishing me a nice day. It's given me back more than a little hope in humanity. :)
I am glad that it ended pleasantly. For some reason, people these days are just so hostile. Maybe they are just jaded or maybe that is just their first reaction. It reminds me of a quote from a film I saw once.

"It's the sense of touch. In any real city, you walk, you know? You brush past people, people bump into you. In L.A., nobody touches you. We're always behind this metal and glass. I think we miss that touch so much, that we crash into each other, just so we can feel something."

Maybe they just do it for the sensation, any sensation.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Dissension wrote:Sleet also thinks it's super-cute when I act gay in public. = P
Well yeah. It is. :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Sorrow: I had to go to the dentist to get my braces adjusted. I had to go there every month for it, and the pain I get afterwards lasts nearly a week. I was kind of hoping I'd get used to it by now. I was wrong. In other words, I CAN'T EAT AS MUCH AS I DID BEFORE!! :cry:

A little Joy: I saw a Siberian Husky today. His owner saw me looking and he asked me if I wanted to pet him. I said yes.

All in all, it was a good day.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

I know what you mean, Shadow. When I first saw my first Siberian Husky here in hot, hot Malaysia, I felt a little jolt of joy myself. Can't pet him though, since he had to stay under a shade, with a big industrial fan on him at all times.

Several things happened since the past 2 days, but the big thing is=

Joy: Voted for the first time today. General elections here in Malaysia. Can't wait for the results :3

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Joy: I am housesitting for two months, and earning 1200 dollars for the job! :)

Joy: I am in the running to be a representative in my branch for the Annual regional Meeting in October.

Joy: My arms are no longer hurting from the wreck back in January.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Joy: new phone, Sony experia Go, I am loving it. Took a few days of getting used to, but now I have no idea how I coped with my BlackBerry curve 8520
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Congrats, man! On February 13th, I upgraded from a Nokia 3587i for Alltel I'd had since late Summer of 2004. The phone's longevity and near-indestructible nature earned Nokia (and Alltel's successor, Verizon) my loyalty. I now carry a red Nokia Lumia 822. It's a pretty awesome phone.

Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Sorrow: My Aunt Paula passed away about a week ago.

Joy: She is finally out of pain, and this tragedy will bring out family back together.
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Cm4F wrote:Sorrow: My Aunt Paula passed away about a week ago.

Joy: She is finally out of pain, and this tragedy will bring out family back together.
Sorry to hear she died. :( I have a grandmother on hospice care right now--please keep her in your prayers, everyone?

Sorrow: I think I may suffer from a mild form of depression. I'm not very happy most of the time, I don't feel enthusiastic about a whole lot, I don't feel motivated by a whole lot to do that much, and sometimes I get into moods, like right now.

If I do have depression it's mild, but it feels like I might have some form of it. :(
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

ChewyChewy wrote: Sorrow: I think I may suffer from a mild form of depression. I'm not very happy most of the time, I don't feel enthusiastic about a whole lot, I don't feel motivated by a whole lot to do that much, and sometimes I get into moods, like right now.

If I do have depression it's mild, but it feels like I might have some form of it. :(
Sorrow: Same here.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Tha Housefox wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote: Sorrow: I think I may suffer from a mild form of depression. I'm not very happy most of the time, I don't feel enthusiastic about a whole lot, I don't feel motivated by a whole lot to do that much, and sometimes I get into moods, like right now.

Sorrow: Same here.
I'm sorry to hear that, Housefox. :( *hugs* Are you doing anything for it?
PF chars

--Phoenix

Radio Blue Heart

ChewyChewy wrote:
Cm4F wrote:Sorrow: My Aunt Paula passed away about a week ago.

Sorry to hear she died. :( I have a grandmother on hospice care right now--please keep her in your prayers, everyone?

Sorrow: I think I may suffer from a mild form of depression. I'm not very happy most of the time, I don't feel enthusiastic about a whole lot, I don't feel motivated by a whole lot to do that much, and sometimes I get into moods, like right now.

I am sorry about your aunt.

Just go talk to a counselor like I did. I knew something was wrong with me for the longest time, I just didn't know what it was called.
-Virgil
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

@Chewy: Nope. I usually just try to resist any saddening feelings and if I'm sad I generally don't let anyone know. It just... is what it is.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Tha Housefox wrote:@Chewy: Nope. I usually just try to resist any saddening feelings and if I'm sad I generally don't let anyone know. It just... is what it is.
Well, it's probably not a good idea not to let anyone know. Then how can they help you?
PF chars

--Phoenix

Mickey the Luxray

ChewyChewy wrote:Well, it's probably not a good idea not to let anyone know. Then how can they help you?
Short answer: They can't, no matter what you do.

I've done counseling, and they're always just hollow shells that fill up with what I say and then drain it out immediately when they are assigned to ask the next question. They don't really care about it. Sure, it feels good to let it out but knowing that they aren't really listening puts the hurt right back in.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I don't think Chewy meant professionals, but friends who are genuinely trying to help
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Mickey the Luxray

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:I don't think Chewy meant professionals, but friends who are genuinely trying to help
Oh, well in that case then it's probably best to tell them. Friends tend to be good at healing more internal wounds.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Now, if only Hausphox had some friends...

ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

I get depression sometimes too. Whenever it happens, I try to keep it to myself since most of my friends aren't really that good in cheering me up. Instead, they say something along the lines of: "Suck it up" or "You're in Highschool now, stop acting like such a kid"
Talking about it doesn't always help, but sometimes it does. Though maybe you should consider doing something to get your mind off depression.

A little Sorrow: I'm a little nervous after I found out that about half of the students in my class attended a review center to study for next year. In other words, while they spent a whole month of their summer studying, I spent my whole month at home, not doing anything particular. I'm a little anxious now...
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Joy: I hardly recall working at all this week but I turned in work in every subject :3
Sent from my conifer.
Duster

Post by Duster »

yehoshua wrote:Joy: I hardly recall working at all this week but I turned in work in every subject :3
Yay Dementia! :lol:
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

Joy: Yay! I passed the CAE exam (Certificate in Advanced English) even though I had a really bad feeling about it! :D
I'm so relieved now :)
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Dissension wrote:Now, if only Hausphox had some friends...
Too bad his insufferable personality prevents this. :P

*hugs him*
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:I don't think Chewy meant professionals, but friends who are genuinely trying to help
That is what I meant, yes, thank you. :)

@Mickey: I'm sorry that's been your experience. :( For my part, I'd rather talk to a priest than a psychiatrist anyway (I'm Catholic).
PF chars

--Phoenix

Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Sleet wrote:

*hugs him*
With friends like Sleet and Diss, who needs enemies? :3
Joy: I've already taken one final, and while I know I didn't get a 100 on it, I dont feel too bad about it.
Mickey the Luxray

Joy: Two MSP tests down. I'm pretty sure I nearly aced both of them... My mind tends to be like an elephant's. It NEVER forgets when it finds that it needs to remember.
Sorrow: I forgot how to do this one type of math problem. It went something like "X is selling photos, and each wallet photo is X and each poster photo is X. A couple spends Y on photos, so now find how many of each type they bought." I could not for the life of me figure out how to do it.
Joy: That kind of problem NEVER appeared on my test. I lucked out and actually got a relatively easy MSP.
Last edited by Mickey the Luxray on Fri May 10, 2013 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Tha Housefox wrote:
Sleet wrote:

*hugs him*
With friends like Sleet and Diss, who needs enemies? :3
Joy: I've already taken one final, and while I know I didn't get a 100 on it, I dont feel too bad about it.
Is that implying that you feel any bad about not getting 100%? The fact that you can sustainably keep your standards this high is a good omen.
Radio Blue Heart

Sorrow and RAGE: As of yesterday afternoon, I am officially laid off from work until the 10th of June. I hate being a temporary employee of the state of North Carolina sometimes.

I will be out of work for a full month while permanent employees will only gone for 2 weeks. I am eligible for unemployment insurance and have applied for it. After a week to process me, I will be on the dole.

To make matters worse, my chances of being made permanent this summer may be in peril. A 450 pound land whale named Ronald is supposed to retire this summer and then I am to be made permanent. He has now expressed his desire to stay on for another year, dashing my hopes. It is understandable. He has me and another guy to do his work for him, so it just gets cushier for him. He might as well be on the dole, not me! He already just sits around and collects checks without working! But, my supervisor reassured me that when the option to retire is finally presented to him that he will go for it. He is eligible for his retirement and social security, hopefully between that and not having to drive to Boone from Mountain City Tennessee to "work" will be enough of an enticement to never come back.

God, I hate my life...
-Virgil