OverLight - Check out my new indie game!

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Frooxius

OverLight - Check out my new indie game!

Post by Frooxius »

Hello there! :3

It's a while since I've last came here and a lot of stuff has happened. In short I left university (didn't even finish first year), because it was a waste of time for me (read more here if you're interested) - too slow and too much bureaucracy, not to mention that the current state of educational system is quite poor.

Instead I'm starting my own company (which made some people, even one politician I met with, compare me to Bill Gates starting in garage at home, he he :D If only it really were the same... but unfortunately I have a bedroom instead of a garage) - a creative studio and funnily, I started cooperating with the Institute of Computer Science of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic on unconventional educational program called 100 Scientists into Schools, so I'm now lecturing on grounds of various universities about my research, self-education and generally helping to bring more young people to the science :3

Anyway, what I would like to show you today and hopefully get your support, is a first product of my starting creative studio - an indie game called OverLight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OverLight is an indie casual arcade/puzzle themed game for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Android and iOS devices. The basic principle is to redirect lasers beams by strategically breaking glass blocks (for which you lose points), so that two beams go through the same block, make it overheat and blow up, for which you receive points.

Visit official website
Visit official Facebook page (and like it! If you like it of course ^^' )

Also I am happy to announce that OverLight just got released on sale on Desura for alphafunding! With 50% off during the alpha, so you can get it now while it's cheap(er)! There's also free version if you like, but it lacks some features (it's always an older version than the current paid alpha).

I'm very happy and excited, because it's my first indie title and first thing to be released by the new company/creative-studio that I'm founding and finally after long work, it's out there! ^^ But there's still a lot of work to be done, adding features and levels to the game and finishing it up, but if you want to support development, you can get it now, or even suggest your own features!

Get it on Desura! (both paid and free versions are there) Image Image Image Image

Watch the trailer (YouTube)

Some screenshots

I'll be very grateful for your support and feedback!
hug_overflow.asm wrote: LOOP: HUG #Peanut, #Grape
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
yehoshua

Re: OverLight - Check out my new indie game!

Post by yehoshua »

I was able to play the free alpha on my Samsung Galaxy S, I loved the game and would love to get the chance to buy it soon (maybe for Chanukah if I'm lucky)
Sent from my conifer.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I bought it! Its a good game so far Frooxius I wish you and your company the best of luck :3. I'll try to spread this game to as many people as I can.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That just looks like a seizure waiting to happen. :P

I like that.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!