Do you collect anything?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Slippery-Q

Re: Do you collect anything?

Post by Slippery-Q »

I collect film cameras. I'm at two, atm.

Holga 135
Sprocket Rocket
Lobogris

Post by Lobogris »

I collect coins and banknotes. I think that money can tell you something about society and its history.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Lobogris wrote:I collect coins and banknotes. I think that money can tell you something about society and its history.
I used to collect coins as well, though my collection wasn't (and still isn't) anywhere near complete.
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

I've been getting into collecting Marvel stuff lately. Right now I have 8 figures and like 5 comics, I believe. Those new Dr. Pepper cans with Thor characters on them are pretty sweet, but I've only been able to get ahold of the one with the Destroyer. I need to buy me a case and save all the ones I don't have.
Life is Music, and Music is Life
------------------
My songs: http://www.soundcloud.com/onevirtue

Check out my FA page too!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

TougeFoxJ.D.M. wrote:I've been getting into collecting Marvel stuff lately. Right now I have 8 figures and like 5 comics, I believe. Those new Dr. Pepper cans with Thor characters on them are pretty sweet, but I've only been able to get ahold of the one with the Destroyer. I need to buy me a case and save all the ones I don't have.
seein this made me remember that, while not a collection per se, as I don't keep them in anywhere near mint condition, I do have a very large number of action figures, including Marvel, DC, Thundercats, Reboot, and much, much more. I have a closet full of the things.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Lobogris wrote:I collect coins and banknotes. I think that money can tell you something about society and its history.
My dad travels a lot and brings coins and stuff to my sister, recently he brought a quetzal.
Sent from my conifer.
Reima

Post by Reima »

I collect books.
Specifically old books and really old documents.
Dusty, fragile, sometimes difficult to decipher...
I have one document from a long time ago that my father gave me. It was a bunch of research done by a very distant (and very deceased) relative of mine about my family history.
I have always found that to be an interesting read.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free.
"
~Clarence Darrow
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
TougeFoxJ.D.M. wrote:I've been getting into collecting Marvel stuff lately. Right now I have 8 figures and like 5 comics, I believe. Those new Dr. Pepper cans with Thor characters on them are pretty sweet, but I've only been able to get ahold of the one with the Destroyer. I need to buy me a case and save all the ones I don't have.
seein this made me remember that, while not a collection per se, as I don't keep them in anywhere near mint condition, I do have a very large number of action figures, including Marvel, DC, Thundercats, Reboot, and much, much more. I have a closet full of the things.
That's cool.... Sounds like you have a bunch more than I do! My collections just starting so I have a ways to go before I have a good amount of figures and stuff.
------------------

Alastair

Post by Alastair »

New Ninja weapons!!!
Attachments
Full Tang Ninjato <br />Metal Nunchaku
Full Tang Ninjato
Metal Nunchaku
DSCN0349.JPG (202 KiB) Viewed 14072 times
------------------

44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

wow, nice! I love those nunchuks though. I've not seen much like them before. I mean, it looks really cool. ^^
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

That tanto. I love it.
Sent from my conifer.
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Thanks guys! The Nunchaku actually go together to make a baton, which I think is pretty neat. It reminds me of Daredevils baton in the way it works, only these aren't nearly as awesome. :lol:

That's actually a sword, but it's a very short one, like 18'' in blade length. The way I took the picture makes it look tiny...

Here's what the Nunchaku look like put together. I call it the Bicycle Handlebar of Pain. :lol:
Attachments
DSCN0365.JPG
DSCN0365.JPG (203.45 KiB) Viewed 14040 times
------------------

44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

it's official. I want those nunchaku so much now. That just makes then even more awesome. :mrgreen:
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

44R0NM10 wrote:it's official. I want those nunchaku so much now. That just makes then even more awesome. :mrgreen:
You can find these real cheap, bud. I only paid 7 dollars for mine. I put all my Ninja stuff in my dresser and this is what it looks like on the inside.

And yes, I wear suits often. :D
Attachments
DSCN0352.JPG
DSCN0352.JPG (200.06 KiB) Viewed 14028 times
------------------

Sami

Post by Sami »

neat looking seeds, sugar packets, and stockings/arm warmers
O.o dont judge :P
Hi, I'm sami, =)
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Sami wrote:neat looking seeds, sugar packets, and stockings/arm warmers
O.o dont judge :P
:lol: Yeah, I wear all that around town with concealed Nunchuks and my Shuriken, ready for a spontaneous Ninja fight to break out in a dark alley... You gotta be prepared, you know... :lol:
------------------

Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Does anyone know where to get Ninja smoke Bombs?
------------------

yoyodude

Post by yoyodude »

Went to the East Coast Classic Yoyo Contest last week! Unfortunately I got fumbled up and didn't make it past preliminaries, but whatever, I'm doing it for fun.

I did pick up some new yoyos to flood this thread with :roll:

YOYO COZIES :3 !!!!

This is a yoyo called a Bassalope, made by Caribou Lodge. Very awesome finish...

Here it is with the Wooly Marmot, made by the same company to compare them...

Here is a yoyo called the 54, by the company OneDrop. This has a really neat system called "side effects" Which lets you change out the hubs with different ones to change how it plays. Very neat...

Here it is with the "side effects" taken out.

Just for yucks, I took a picture of my SPYY yoyos with their boxes:

Agent Sandwich

Post by Agent Sandwich »

Hotel Toiletries. Very useful when camping or taking the Chinese railroad (13 hours overnight journey from Beijing to Shanghai)!
Yes, I support catlovers! You got a problem mate?

Thank you Housepets! Forum. I've accepted myself.
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

TF2 hats... I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM!
* My Steam Account * My DA (writing) *
"They say misery loves company, ain't there something else we can share. Are you still there? Do you still care? That's all I really need to know." - Kansas - Need to Know
zeldakeeper

Post by zeldakeeper »

I almost have all the Animal Crossing plushies, I only need Nook and Brewster.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it.
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

zeldakeeper wrote:I almost have all the Animal Crossing plushies, I only need Nook and Brewster.
Do you have one of Image or does it not get that specific. (My favorite neighbor by the way.)

Also, I guess to add more on the topic. We now have over 1,200 unique games. ^^
zeldakeeper

Post by zeldakeeper »

Awwww -glomps- I just meant the main character but I really want her now! What's her name?
FlintTheSquirrel

It is Blaire the Squirrel. ^^ I daily talked to her, always found being with her fun. x3 I can't wait till the new one comes out. And I can not wait till I get her to move in. =D
zeldakeeper

Post by zeldakeeper »

>//u//< Oh! Me too! -giggles- I think you can do the ds suitcase were you transfer the data over so you can still have her!
FlintTheSquirrel

Ohh awesome, that would be great. ^^ However, I have the feeling I just want to start fresh. In any case, do avoid going off topic. In our collection, we get 71 more games Thursday I think it was. Some of them were new, some of them were copies. And we are already in the need to build a 8th and 9th shelf. ^^;
We also are going to start selling our copies on Ebay. :3
zeldakeeper

Post by zeldakeeper »

THAT MANY D:?! Wow... seriously I bet your never bored!
FlintTheSquirrel

I have many more pictures but I rather not flood this thread with them. If you want to see what else is in our collection, I have my pictures here. (Just press next to browse)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Hoooooooly cuuuuuuuuuss...

Wow. I am so jealous.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Sleet wrote:Hoooooooly cuuuuuuuuuss...

Wow. I am so jealous.
My. Thoughts. Exactly.

No, really, I had the exact same reaction!
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Well, that wasn't my exact reaction. I'm not exactly proud of the word I really used. D:
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Sleet wrote:Well, that wasn't my exact reaction. I'm not exactly proud of the word I really used. D:
'cuss' is not exactly a thing people actually say as an interjection, is it? that is silly

well in the interest of teasing buck

'cuss' definitely was not the word he used either
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Ebly wrote:
Sleet wrote:Well, that wasn't my exact reaction. I'm not exactly proud of the word I really used. D:
'cuss' is not exactly a thing people actually say as an interjection, is it? that is silly

well in the interest of teasing buck

'cuss' definitely was not the word he used either
Perhaps not! :P

Anyway I'm looking around my room to see if there's anything I collect, and I really can't find anything. XP I think it's more that I have a small number of mini-collections... none of which actually relate to a real hobby of some kind. They're not really big enough to be called collections...
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Ebly wrote:
I actually do sometimes. Though I'll admit it's kind of forced. 'Cause I don't like to swear and Fantastic Mr. Fox is a great movie.

Anyway, I'm not sure it counts as a collection in the traditional sense, but I sort of collect quarters (25 cent coins; I don't really know how much other countries know about our money). Not in that I like having a bunch of quarters like any other collection, but that I want to buy something fairly big with just quarters. The novelty amuses me. I haven't counted in a while but I think I probably have somewhere around 500 of them right now.

Also I should take a picture of my stuffed animals some time. I need to find a place to take a picture of them that's less gender-y.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

As for me, I collect cans. (???)

Actually, I'm joking. It's more specific than that.

[list][*]Drink cans and bottles that are made of metal. I do not collect plastic bottles and I do not collect glass bottles.
[*]"Different" or "rare", limited edition stuff only (I don't collect everyday cans of coke, for example)
[*]Empty (I generally empty them >:D). Why on earth would I want a can full of year(s)-old soda?
[*]And I only keep one of each - I don't collect the cans so much as the designs, and it seems silly to have repeats.[/list]

I especially go for drinks and designs from other countries that aren't sold here (booyah importers, I love those guys).

So far I have six different kinds of Fanta from the US, a metal grape Fanta bottle from Japan, three kinds of Coca Cola from the US, a metal Coca Cola bottle from Japan, two kinds of Stars & Stripes from the US (I had three more but they were unwittingly recycled by someone else; I have to go buy some more of that sometime), two kinds of Mountain Dew, one Tab can, one Dr Pepper can, one MonaVie can, one Samedi can, one metal Boca Lupo bottle, one Wicked can, three kinds of Rockstar, three kinds of Mother, one Calpis Water can, and one metal can of jelly (or as you USA people say for some reason, jell-o) from Japan (the jelly itself was ふってふってゼリー - it's one of Pokka's many vending machine consumables) but that one's unfortunately damaged - hope to get more jelly cans sometime. But I suppose I'd need to go back to Japan for that - can't find any importers for that here. I guess "Japanese Jelly in a Can" is not a major import market *giggles*

I suppose that's only 29 different can designs (would be 32 if not for the Stars & Stripes thing. :c I was actually quite upset about that, what a weirdo), but it's getting there.
It's a shame I didn't keep any of the vending machine coffee cans when I was in Japan, but I suppose I wasn't exactly thinking about collecting cans at the time. Unfortunately. That's why I only have three of them from Japan (and one imported), even though I thoroughly enjoyed a variety of Japanese soft drinks. :V

(man i miss melon soda)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Mountain Dew Supernova is kind of melon soda. I have no idea its international availability though.

My dad used to collect beer cans. He tried to sell his collection but it didn't really work. So now they're in our garage. >.>
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Sleet wrote:Mountain Dew Supernova is kind of melon soda.
You have experience to compare? :P But seriously, I can't think of anything that's even vaguely close to Fanta's melon flavour in scale of deliciousness.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Well it's melon flavored. So there's obviously some similarity.

However I think Fanta's approach to soda is a bit better than Mountain Dew's, which is to just put a ton of corn syrup and caffeine into it. If Mountain Dew can make a delicious melon soda, I bet Fanta can do even better.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

I tell ya what, I don't enjoy Mountain Dew White Out. It tastes fine but I mean, really Mountain Dew, come out and admit it's just lemonade already.

With that said, it's the worst lemonade I can think of, not counting diet.

... But I collect the cans, not the drinks!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

WhiteOut tastes exactly like you'd expect something called WhiteOut to taste like. *shivers* Most Mountain Dew flavors are pretty awful. They just got lucky with a few, like Code Red, LiveWire and Supernova.

Some of the cans my dad collected still had beer in them. Though typically they were drained out a hole in the bottom so the tab didn't have to be removed. Or the bottle cap in the case of the really old beer cans.