Do you collect anything?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: Collection Thread

Post by Sleet »

I don't have any pictures, but I've got collections of video games (not quite as large as Flint's and Esquire's), Pokémon/Magic cards (about 3000 cards each, though some of the Magic cards were bought in bulk from the secondary market), stuffed animals (particularly novelty ones like Pokémon and microbes), and musical instruments (which is, granted, a smaller collection due to the cost).
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I have been collecting MAD Magazines for the past five years or so. I have almost every issue from the month I started to the most recent one.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
FarmMan1812

Post by FarmMan1812 »

When I was little, I liked collecting hour glasses.
I really don't know why, I just liked the the way they looked.
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

Well, I also don't have any pictures of my collections, but I've got small (looking at your collection Flint I should say microscopy ;P ) collection of games, quite nice collection of stamps, coins collection, still I've got somewhere my Magic the Gathering cards and a lot of history books ;)

Maybe someday I'll try to make some pictures of this ;)
My account on DA (something happens since I'm back here :))

My youtube accoint (with failed attemps to at least pretend I can sing)

Student, basketball referee, activist in old basketball club and official member of this club
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Well, I've got a fairly large collection of Legos. I could probably get a few pictures of those. Also:
jopencjusz wrote:Magic the Gathering cards
:D
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Ooh, Lego! I have a lot of those too. From when I was a kit, primarily, but I get more occasionally still.

Also, where were all these Magic collectors when we had a thread on children's card games? Maaan... (Psst... PM me if you're patient enough to want to play me over PMs.)
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

Heh, I had a lot of Legos, but I all of them give my younger cousin ;)

Yeah, high five, MtG fans! :D

My cards are right now a little old, cause I play MtG last time in 1st class of High School, so it was about 4-5 years ;P

Student, basketball referee, activist in old basketball club and official member of this club
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Who cares if they're old? That's kind of part of the point of a collection! Speaking of old Magic cards, it should be noted that within my collection, I have a sub-collection of every fox creature ever printed. As well as every non-fox card that has a picture of a fox in the art (that I know of). ^_^

As for Legos, I plan on giving my collection to my kits. They'll probably love having lots of them. If they know what's good for them.

They don't get my plushies until I'm dead, though. :P
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

Yeah, you're right ;) What kind of deck you've got? I've got green and red combination ;)

Haha, yeah, plushies rules ;D

FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

Yay, I feel well about making this. ^^ And umm, we just now got another new old system. The Sega Master System, and 23 games with it. Hehehe.
Senator_Sunburst

Post by Senator_Sunburst »

I recall that there has already been a collection thread. But I'll just go ahead and post again what I collect, because it's changed slightly.

I said in the last thread I collect Ticket Stubs. That's still true.

And that I'm a digital hoarder. And a book hoarder. Also still true. In fact just yesterday I got a "solid" copy of a book I already had in a digital state, and I'm not about to get rid of the audio book.

But what's new is that I am going out of my way to collect G4 My Little Pony merchandise. I'd take a picture of all the stuff I have so far but I don't have a camera.
yoyodude

Re: Do you collect anything?

Post by yoyodude »

[I stated typing this in the thread Flint started, only to notice that it had been moved once I hit preview]

Wohoo finally a thread I can really contribute towards! I collect yoyos (whoodathunk, amirite?).

Prepare your eyeholes for the chocolate-fire-tornado that is my post, it's gonna be wicked piture-heavy.

This was my case as of a couple weeks ago. It doesn't have all the yoyos I currently own, and some have been sold or traded.

These are my metals. In order:

SPYY Ronin, Big Brother Yoyo Wedgie (Pre-Production), Caribou Lodge Yoyo Works Wooly Marmot (Hulk Smash colorway, one of a hundred in the world)
YoyoFactory DV888, Auldey L3, SPYY PunchLine!, Werrd Two Fat Ladies

Yoyos I currently own:

Werrd Two Fat Ladies

This yoyo comes from the land down under by a company called Werrd. It features a raw finish, TWO bearings (as can be seen in the second picture), and a spiked hub for "Top-Like" play on your finger (thats not what it's actually called but thats a term I feel alright using for you guys ;) ). I acquired this from a dear friend of mine named Joey in a trade.
(yes, that last one is spinning!)

Big Brother Yoyo Company Wedgie (preproduction)

I got this from the same person I got the one above. It is made by a company that us in the yoyo community abbreviate to BBYY. Features a raw finish that can only be found on the few preproduction models that exist, the actual run is anodized yellow on one half and purple on the other. This yoyo is weird, and hated by many, because it has an "A sized bearing". People tend not to like these because they can be a bit snaggy and temperamental in the wrong hands. I happen to love it!

YoyoFactory DV888

This cylinder is wicked special to me, mostly because it was my very first metal yoyo! It has seen many many hours of hard play. The rims have been dinged up, so I sanded off the annodize and polished the rims. The threads in the halves of the yoyo have been stripped so they are currently held together with a bolt and nut. Truly a beater yoyo that tuns heads a meets and contests! It has so much character!

(look at the hub of the yoyo in this picture and then at the next. You can see how I replaced the axle with a bolt and nut!)

Auldey L3

Not really much to say. It's a cheap Asian yoyo that I got for free. Currently pending to a friend.

[no close picture :? , its the red and yellow one]

Caribou Lodge Yoyo Works Wooly Marmot

This yoyo is rare, one of a hundred in the world. Canadian company Caribou Lodge is well known in the yoyo world for their absolutely breathtaking anodizations. This specific one was received in a trade with my good friend Jim.

Saturn Precision Yoyos (SPYY) Punchline!

Currently my personal favorite and the one that sees the most play. SPYY, another Canadian company, is known for the amazing smoothness of all their yoyos. Their quality standards border on the ridiculous. Features a beadblasted surface, dual color splatter anodization, laser engraved cups and spiked hub for that "Top-Play"

SPYY Ronin

Probably the only angular yoyo I can stand to play with. Usually I much prefer the soft curvy shapes like the Punchline. This yoyo features an amazing acid wash anodize, beadblast, laser engravings (Brownie points if you can guess what it says!), and spiked hub. Sees a ton of play and is pretty rare speaking that they just came out in limited numbers not too long ago.

Yoyos I have previously owned

YoyoFactory 888 (2010)

YoyoFactory's most successful line of yoyos has easily been the 888 series. I'm not going to go much in depth, but it does have an awesome pinkish-purple color and "Hubstack" Technology, which are plastic hubs with bearings that let you hold the yoyo by the sides much like the spiked yoyos.

that last picture shows the yoyo with "Top Tips" installed!

OneDrop Project and General-Yo Mini Star (Purple heart edition)

During Breast Cancer Awareness Month I collected a ton of pink and purple yoyos and donned my pink string on all of them. Not a whole bunch to say on the Project (the true pink one), besides the fact that the hub is a replaceable nut in case it strips, and that the surface in the catch zone is grooved, which is really cool. The MiniStar (Purple Heart Edition) on the other hand, is incredibly rare, with only about a dozen being made in that colorway. I ended up giving it to a friend that would show more appreciation for the rarity than I would; I'm a player first, collector second.

YoyoJam Eneme

Designed by 2003 world champion Johnnie Delvalle. I found it to be kinda hollow and cheap feeling, unfortunately. Traded it for two sweet iPods!

SPYY Addcit

My first SPYY yoyo! I bought this thing for an unbelievable $40. Traded it for the Punchline up there :roll:

Caribou Lodge Yoyo Works Campfire

The blue one. First Caribou Lodge yoyo I owned. Didn't see a lot of use because I found it too light and too small. I ended up trading it for the Project up there :roll:

YoyoFactory Hectic

Also an "A bearing". This one didn't really work well with the small bearing so I traded it for the Wedgie up there :roll: .

Well I think that's pretty much it for yoyos worth mentioning! Feel free to call me crazy, insane, or what have you ;)
Last edited by yoyodude on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chaplin

Post by Chaplin »

Skateboards. Every time a friend breaks theirs or buys a new one, they give it to me. I used to have 21, but my mom gave them to charity and I'm back to only owning the one I use.
ShadowMew295

Post by ShadowMew295 »

I collect gems and stuff, video games, and... video game figures.
"Every adventure requires a first step. Trite, but true, even here."

~Cheshire Cat
Brian

Post by Brian »

I collect old glass bottles. I should post pics of some of the neat stuff I've got. You wouldn't believe most of it has been sitting at the bottom of a lake for over fifty years.
Zander

Post by Zander »

rubik's cubes. i have every one you could possibly imagine
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
yoyodude

Post by yoyodude »

Zander wrote:rubik's cubes. i have every one you could possibly imagine
Bet you don't have a Dino Cube. Ones modded from Rainbow Cubes obviously don't count.

You on TwistyPuzzles?
Bino

Post by Bino »

Video games, foreign money, any kind of valuable artifact or antique, and guitars... I have way too many guitars
Bino wrote:I don't have any tricks up my sleeve right now that don't involve roleplaying... :x
So...... *kisses sleet* BOOM! I WIN!
Vespier Leo

Post by Vespier Leo »

I collect Books, Walking canes, Antiques and my biggest collection Weapons! I have a vast collection of swords, knives, axes, and other weapons of all kinds. :D

Stranger things have happened, and do, with alarming regularity.

--Vespier R. Leo
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

jopencjusz wrote:What kind of deck you've got? I've got green and red combination ;)
I've got a few I use regularly: a red/white deck, red/black/artifacts, and a green/black one. There's also a Sliver deck, but no one lets me use that one. Not anymore. :twisted:
Weapons!
Then I think you might like my basement. We've got a couple cavalry sabers, a broadsword, a scimitar, a few of daggers, a kukri, and a bayonet. I would like to get an axe, though. :P
ShadowMew295

Post by ShadowMew295 »

Heh, heheh, heheheh, I collect shards of broken glass sometimes.
"Every adventure requires a first step. Trite, but true, even here."

~Cheshire Cat
Regular Bird

Post by Regular Bird »

Argh, I wish I collected stuff like all this.
Can't think of anything witty.
dA. / FA.
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

Vespier Leo wrote:my biggest collection Weapons! I have a vast collection of swords, knives, axes, and other weapons of all kinds. :D
Wow, it's something for me, I'm very interested in weapons, strategy, battles and everything which is connected with war and history ;)

Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

yoyodude wrote:[I stated typing this in the thread Flint started, only to notice that it had been moved once I hit preview]

Wohoo finally a thread I can really contribute towards! I collect yoyos (whoodathunk, amirite?).

Prepare your eyeholes for the chocolate-fire-tornado that is my post, it's gonna be wicked piture-heavy.

This was my case as of a couple weeks ago. It doesn't have all the yoyos I currently own, and some have been sold or traded.
Any of those Made in USA by any chance?
Esquire Fox

Post by Esquire Fox »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:Here is me and my brother's collection:
Hold up a second Flint, 80% of those are mine!
And all but one of the consoles.
You and your gamecube.
*snarls*
- Esquire Fox

What do you mean that's not what the signature is for?
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Esquire Fox wrote:
You and your gamecube.
*snarls*
Aww! Brotherly love at its best! :lol:

Lately I have been thinking of starting another collection. I think I am going to go with Dvd seasons of my favorite shows. I am a strange person... :?
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

Esquire Fox wrote:
You and your gamecube.
*snarls*
Yup. But I often pay half for reason to use the word our. So whatever. Should I pay no part?
yoyodude

Post by yoyodude »

Anthroguy101 wrote:
yoyodude wrote:[I stated typing this in the thread Flint started, only to notice that it had been moved once I hit preview]

Any of those Made in USA by any chance?
The Wedgie, DV888, Hectic, Project, Mini Star, and Eneme were made in the United States. The older 888 series was made in the US as well but production of all of them after 2010 was moved to China, much to my disappointment :P . That's actually one of the reasons I got rid of it.
Enty

Post by Enty »

I have 15 different kinds of hats from 8 different countries. :P
This is not a signature.
YingBlanc

Post by YingBlanc »

i guess you could say i collect special occasion 50p coins just got the 2012 Olympic Swimming 50p.
I'm a brony now, Bronies are cool - Doctor Whooves =3
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Vespier Leo wrote:I collect Books, Walking canes, Antiques and my biggest collection Weapons! I have a vast collection of swords, knives, axes, and other weapons of all kinds. :D
Pictures. Now. Please. I'll do anything. *desperate face*
FarmMan1812

Post by FarmMan1812 »

Do you have this one?
Anthroguy101

Not an Audiophile, Need Help

Post by Anthroguy101 »

yoyodude wrote:The Wedgie, DV888, Hectic, Project, Mini Star, and Eneme were made in the United States. The older 888 series was made in the US as well but production of all of them after 2010 was moved to China, much to my disappointment . That's actually one of the reasons I got rid of it.
Nice to know America still makes something other than food, bowling balls and scented candles.

I also collect audio equipment, most of which were very bad decisions. Sub-50 USD earbuds: Made to Break(tm)

The best things I've owned so far are the Sennheiser HD 280 Pros and CX 300 IIs.

I have a Sony stereo with subwoofer, again that's probably not a very good decision on my part.

Looking into the Audio Technica ATH-M50 among other things to replace the Senns. They just aren't powerful enough. If I had some serious coin, I'd check out the Sleek Audio SA7 (which will be proudly Made in USA and were featured in Wired) for buds, but alas, I cannot afford it.
yoyodude

Re: Not an Audiophile, Need Help

Post by yoyodude »

Anthroguy101 wrote:
yoyodude wrote:The Wedgie, DV888, Hectic, Project, Mini Star, and Eneme were made in the United States. The older 888 series was made in the US as well but production of all of them after 2010 was moved to China, much to my disappointment . That's actually one of the reasons I got rid of it.
Nice to know America still makes something other than food, bowling balls and scented candles.

Funnily enough, most high end yoyo manufacturers are based in the US.

Canada is a runner up with Caribou Lodge Yoyo Works and SPYY, which I consider to be the greatest two companies to grace this Earth. So it's not all syrup and hockey ;)
Senator_Sunburst

Post by Senator_Sunburst »

Pony time! I took 3 pictures of the top of the cabinets on my desk, where I keep my ponies. Also, my other toys, which consists of a few pokemon toys and Tails. I had a Cream doll, and a smaller Tails, but I moved them because they were blocking the ponies. You can also see other pony merchandise like the valentines candies, and the bubbles.

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Beer cans, x-mas ornaments, old vet books,
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
yoyodude

Post by yoyodude »

Went to the NorthEast Regional Yoyo Contest on Sunday, and got a bunch of new yoyos. Figured I'd put these pictures somewhere.

Got these at the contest:

Remember that pink one up in my previous post? This one is the second version of that yoyo: The Project 2 by OneDrop:

Another SPYY! Remember the green one called the Addict up there as well? This is technically the third version of that, The SPYY Addiction 2:

Also another SPYY! This one is one of SPYY's first yoyos, the Radian MK2:

Throw Duncan! You guys know Duncan, right? Chances are at least ONE of you had a Freehand Zero as a kid. This specific one has been modified, and the caps have been painted by yours truly ;) . Gotta be the best plastic I've played yet. I called it the Watermelon Freehand Zero:

This is another plastic one of you might have seen before: The YoyoJam Kickside! Probably the SECOND best plastic I've played.

So here's the whole family at the moment, spare some cheap-os that I don't really need to show. I also got a ton of string and a really cute knit yoyo Cozie to carry yoyos in so they don't scratch in your pocket! IN this picture it's on the BLue Kickside:

Zander

Post by Zander »

yoyodude wrote:
Bet you don't have a Dino Cube. Ones modded from Rainbow Cubes obviously don't count.

You on TwistyPuzzles?
No I don't. But vie been to the site, just not on it.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I'm trying to collect replicas of all of the Akatsuki rings from Naruto
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Retinq

Post by Retinq »

Tools and retro music.