Serious Firefox error

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Anthroguy101

Serious Firefox error

Post by Anthroguy101 »

Whenever I try to login to the forum using Firefox, it automatically logs me out five seconds later or when I click on something. I do not have this problem with Chrome. However, with turnitin.com, the school servers and Pandora (not letting me see my profile) not working properly on Chrome, I want to switch back to Firefox. What do I do?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: Serious Firefox error

Post by Sleet »

I don't know if it's Firefox, but sometimes when I load a page, the page is extremely wide. Sometimes refreshing fixes this.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

Sleet wrote:I don't know if it's Firefox, but sometimes when I load a page, the page is extremely wide. Sometimes refreshing fixes this.
I've tried that already. I've tried logging out of Chrome. Nothing's working, arrgh!
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

So this suddenly started happening recently? Like, way after we added the gallery? Try clearing your cookies related to this site?

Though in any case, Dissension knows the forum code better than I do now, so you might want to ask him about it. I was having a similar problem when we were updating the board, though with any browser at that time. Also, has Firefox updated recently?
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It hasn't updated in a while. Maybe the error will be fixed with the next update.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

rickgriffin wrote:So this suddenly started happening recently? Like, way after we added the gallery? Try clearing your cookies related to this site?

Though in any case, Dissension knows the forum code better than I do now, so you might want to ask him about it. I was having a similar problem when we were updating the board, though with any browser at that time. Also, has Firefox updated recently?
*Clears cookies* Oh, hey thanks Rick! *Gets back to using Firefox*
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Sleet wrote:I don't know if it's Firefox, but sometimes when I load a page, the page is extremely wide. Sometimes refreshing fixes this.
I think that is a CSS error in the source code when the page isn't properly loaded.
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

So it's all Dissension's fault and he should feel bad, then?

Well I cleared my cookies just in case.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Okay, I'm tracking this issue. I haven't experienced the login failure... When you experience any forum-related problem, please send me a PM that contains the browser you're using and a brief description of the issue. If you get an actual error code, screenshot that and include it as well.

During initial gallery installation (or any work on the forums' coding), the forums are set not to allow anyone to log in, but that should long since have stopped.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other