About myself (OdedZeituni)

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

OdedZeituni98

About myself (OdedZeituni)

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

I seems to always think negatively about myself, like I would never have a good life, or that I always seems to mess up things a lot...
people think otherwise but still I see myself as unworthy, I'm kind of fighting depression over the years. My mom died, and I feel like I'm not worthy of anything!
I know it's sad to hear this but that's how I feel... :(
Last edited by OdedZeituni98 on Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zesortinge

Re: A very serious talk about myself

Post by Zesortinge »

A lot of people have thought that train of thought, but are still doing their best. You don't need to be perfect. You just have to be there for anyone who wants you there. You are worthy of things. You are enough.
I have ideas and I occasionally put them down.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh my God you sound like me. I think that people like to talk behind my back and are annoyed by my presence and are constantly hoping I'll disappear so they don't have to deal with me even on this forum. Of course, it doesn't help that a few years ago, someone PMed me and said it was annoying and my posts didn't contribute anything and I was just driving people not to join the forum.
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

I hope I won't cause too much trouble in this forum
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Amazee Dayzee, if someone PMs you something like that around here, please let us know. That's completely unacceptable behavior.

And Oded, what you're experiencing is actually very common. A lot of people feel the same way about themselves. I've personally spoken to at least 3 people who feel the same way, and I've even felt it myself. You are not alone. I know that it can be very difficult to accept that you have worth, but I hope you will continue to try. There are many people who would be so truly happy to see you accept your own worth. Feel free to PM me if you ever need someone to talk to.
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

you guys are the friendliest! this is the best forum I ever visited, I enjoy talking with each and everyone of you.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

I had similar feelings years ago as a result of stress and friend issues. I didn't tell anyone about them because I didn't think I was worth it, and I didn't want to cause trouble. I wish I hadn't been afraid to do so, because during that time I felt uncertain and overwhelmed by everything. I've had friends who felt the same way at other points in their lives, even those that are older than me. It is common.

I've learned that I, you, and everyone is worthy of life, happiness, and love. People are far more accepting and willing to listen to you than you may think. Making your problems known to those you trust brings you closer to resolving those issues. If there's no such person in your life, there are lots of folks on the Internet and even this forum, including myself, who are ready to help.

Please take care! I hope you feel better soon.
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

if anyone knows human OOCs are accepted here, I would like to know.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Be happy to listen anytime you'd like on the PM channel, Oded. This is a good place here and, while folks get a little frisky at times, no one means any harm. It's just a bunch of folks ...much like yourself as you see … who like to talk about a very special comic strip. Regards.
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

the big question is... am I really belong to this forum? I don't seem to be
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sometimes I feel like that also and maybe even more-so considering I had to go away for 2 years and honestly I wonder if I will ever be able to post something weird without making people feel uncomfortable.
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

I look ugly right? (the profile is me by the way)
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

A lot of the question "Do I belong?" is personal.

I mean, you came here because you enjoy the Housepets! comic, much like I believe everyone else here did. That's one thing in favor of belonging here.

Then we get into the personal and/or more complicated bits, such as: "What are you looking to get out of being here?"; "Are you enjoying yourself here?"; "Are people understanding you?"; and many other smaller—but important—questions.

A week is a very, very short time on a forum. A single conversation on forums can span a month, give or take some weeks(or months) depending on how in depth the topic is. It's a slow medium, and if you need something faster one of the best ways to offset that need for more active engagement on a forum is to involve yourself in multiple sections, conversations, or games.

Another thing is, don't be afraid to ask questions, or pose ideas for consideration. Part of belonging is making yourself belong. It's why the phrase is "make yourself at home." No one feels they belong at first, no matter how inviting a place can try to be. There's a few things that you can't force, and being part of something is one of those, but it's also not something that can just be given.

The place I'd recommend you start is the first question I listed, and avoid vague answers like "To have a good time." Ask others why they joined or came back if you find you can't think of an answer yourself. You might find an answer that resonates with you, and some new friends from it.

As for your appearance, I can't say. Your profile image doesn't load for me.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
NHWestoN

Re: About myself (OdedZeituni)

Post by NHWestoN »

You're here because you're here, and that's more than good enough. This Forum is a fun, welcoming place and the mods run a pretty tight ship when it isn't. There's a certain amount of teasing - and some folks get a little intense at times - but it's all pretty laid back. Express an opinion. Offer an observation. Play a game or a role bit. Set up an Avatar (or not). Do as much or as little as you want, Oded. If you're here, everyone wants you to be here. Enjoy!

(Oh, and I didn't get your profile image, either … no big deal)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Ugly is a relative term. It is all in what you think. I think I'm plain but people tend not to like me because of my personality. I know a few forumers probably don't even if they won't say out loud. :?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, they're just silly. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh if you knew me, you wouldn't think it was.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

It's just sad and disgusting to think people would use a format like this one, which is supposed to be about fun and thoughtful comment, for mean-spirited slamming. Perhaps to call them silly was obtusely dismissive. At times, the exchanges do get a little sharp, but they shouldn't be personal or cutting. I hope you brought these hurtful words to the attention of the Moderators. Regards.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

aside from occasionally taking a joke too far, you're one of my favorite people here AD.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

Buster wrote:aside from occasionally taking a joke too far, you're one of my favorite people here AD.
Wow really?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I wasn't gonna post anymore in here because I don't want to hijack the topic, but I really did not know that. I thought for sure you were one of the people that were annoyed by me because it felt like you were always short with me.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

i admit i can go from calm to murderously angry quickly, but that's nothing to do with anyone here; my day job is a tech support call center, and that's been my most frequent employment for the last fifteen years despite my attempts to switch career paths. as much fun as solving puzzles all day is, it comes with a fair amount of stupid I have to endure, an alarming portion of which is actually from my co workers. add to that the fact that i've always had a short temper, and have left fist sized holes in a few walls over the years... yeah... i have issues.
I'f i've ever taken that out on you i'm sorry.

You, Rocky, Welsh, Roo, and CD are basically the reason I haven't moved on to a new forum yet, despite having largely gotten bored with the comic this one is built around. (Mickey would be on that list too if not for never being around...)
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I probably am just being paranoid over nothing and just being too sensitive. Of course, it doesn't help when you are diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder.
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

when it comes to dogs, I'm very sensitive.

I know it's silly but I have to admit, I'm jealous about people getting love from dogs...
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Same tbh. I have cats and seldom do they show any love to anyone. One reason I'd like a dog someday is because they seem much more compassionate.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Everything will get better eventually, Oded.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

As long as this thread's been dug up, I might as well add my two cents.
I don't usually stay on forums for very long. The reason I'm still here after a year and a half is that I've enjoyed talking to literally everyone I've interacted with. And I'm pretty sure by this point I've had at least some kind of interaction with nearly everyone who is active on here.

So if there is anyone who's feeling unappreciated or like they want to leave, keep in mind there's at least one person here who hopes you'll stay.
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Check out my musical ramblings, if you dare:

https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Vertigo Fox wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:14 pm As long as this thread's been dug up, I might as well add my two cents.
I don't usually stay on forums for very long. The reason I'm still here after a year and a half is that I've enjoyed talking to literally everyone I've interacted with. And I'm pretty sure by this point I've had at least some kind of interaction with nearly everyone who is active on here.

So if there is anyone who's feeling unappreciated or like they want to leave, keep in mind there's at least one person here who hopes you'll stay.
Yeah, ya have, Vert ... and we're all glad you're still with us! ;) ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If you just push it and you stick around, you will find that it is worth it. Being a member of this forum is rewarding.
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

...I feel like something came across weirdly there, but I can't figure out what.
Trying to say that I found this place rewarding because you guys are all here. I'm not planning to go anywhere.

Was meant to be words of encouragement that if anybody thinks they should leave, I hope they'll stay... if anybody still wanted that.

...apologies if I'm just misreading either of you, I'm tired and inadvertent miscommunication is kinda my thing :lol:
Long since made my peace with it.
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Check out my musical ramblings, if you dare:

https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

I now remember I watched a video about gary coleman and he says something about business, I watched that video before and even when I know what he is going to say, I skipped halfway through what he said in the end, right now it is bothering me even though I know everything he says.
now I want to know the first half of what he says even though I know.
when I think of a word or a title it gives me headache because of this.
Unless I come back to this video it gonna haunt me forever. everytime I wanna be happy the brain decided to turn it upside down
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Vertigo Fox wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:14 pm ...I feel like something came across weirdly there, but I can't figure out what.
Trying to say that I found this place rewarding because you guys are all here. I'm not planning to go anywhere.

Was meant to be words of encouragement that if anybody thinks they should leave, I hope they'll stay... if anybody still wanted that.

...apologies if I'm just misreading either of you, I'm tired and inadvertent miscommunication is kinda my thing :lol:
Long since made my peace with it.
Not really. My response was meant to be applauding but it's actually more ambiguous and opaque. `pologies.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Hope things get better, Oded. Love your 3D work, BTW! 👍
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I would like to think that since he is having fun in his animation class that everything is going better for him now.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:25 pm I would like to think that since he is having fun in his animation class that everything is going better for him now.
He seems to be quite delighted ... he deserves to be.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Indeed he does. He is making a LOT of great progress in a short time.
IsraeliDisneyFan

Post by IsraeliDisneyFan »

I'm also really enjoying learning Japanese, it's my passion!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Now, it's been a while - are you still doing animation and 3D? How's that coming?
IsraeliDisneyFan

Post by IsraeliDisneyFan »

it's doing good but I'm more focused on learning Japanese as of now
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

How far along have you gotten with it? I don't think I could ever learn another language. The thought just overwhelms me and I overwhelm easily.