What Are You Doing Today?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Beagle

What Are You Doing Today?

Post by Beagle »

You know, out of all the topics we have on this forum, we don't have a topic where we can talk about all the cool stuff we're doing through the days. I mean, there's the Joys and Sorrows (but it can get off-topic really easily) and Chat Thread (but we normally don't discuss stuff like that in there). Maybe this could be the place where we share all the exciting opportunities coming up in our lives or the stuff we'll be planning with our friends this weekend.

Okay, so for me, I just have two classes left to go and then I might be having job orientation later tonight. I have no idea about what to expect!
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: What Are You Doing Today?

Post by Sleet »

I'm taking my phone in to the store to hopefully get its battery replaced (or the entire phone), since it's leaking charge into waste heat.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Your 'today' is my 'tonight', so I'm gonna watch an old 80s comedy and get dinner.
Karl

Post by Karl »

I type something in WORD :)
I'm a bookworm!
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

I learned why you NEVER touch a lightbulb thats on
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Got up early, class all freakin day, came home and took a nap, work 8pm-1am, sleep. College sure is glamorous guys!
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz

Post by 0404 »

Otaku-Boy wrote:I learned why you NEVER touch a lightbulb thats on
poor boy,
so according to my Handy dandy note book...
I have to grab a gym bag from laundry room
buy a duck tape
go to takwondo practice
watch walking dead
get a ruler :check
learn ten step dance
and do English home work : check
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Otaku, I know the pains of touching a lightlbulb. It hurts. X(

Seth, what do you do for a job? I'm just curious?

Sleet, what's the word on the cell phone? Let me know if you've gotten a new number.

Job training was great! Knock on wood, I think I'll actually be able to keep this job! I have school tomorrow, and I will either use tomorrow night to write my papers or to go out with my best friend. Then I'll be doing paperwork at my job Wednesday, and if I don't see my friend tomorrow, I will see him then. Thursday is Thanksgiving, and I can only wait to see what sort of shift I will be working on Black Friday. :V
McFly

Post by McFly »

Not really doing anything other than homework. :P
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Beagle wrote:Sleet, what's the word on the cell phone? Let me know if you've gotten a new number.
My number's not going to change. I took it in and they said I just needed to reinstall everything but it seems to only kinda work...
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Beagle wrote:
Seth, what do you do for a job? I'm just curious?
I work in the university cafeterias. Tonight I was in the dishroom but over the course of a normal week I move around two or three different jobs within the caf.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
valerio

Post by valerio »

finished lunch break (boss interrupted me several times, caught up), bought plane tickets for Rocket city furmeet, wrote some update.
I iz happy :D
EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

Classes, projects and games (Hitman Absolution just came out so playing that thoroughly)

Pet Friendly, Marshall : S-7 P-7 E-7 C-4 I-5 A-7 L-5
Pet Friendly, Natalia : S-4 P-7 E-5 C-9 I-7 A-5 L-5
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

To sum my day up: Morning classes were okay, and then I get into physics.

Rant: The range of our last test was 40-90. And there's only 16 of us. I made a 56, the girl in the running for valedictorian made a 59. I'm so freaking tired of that class. She gave us a major project before Thanksgiving break. It's due December 7th, but still. The science teachers at my school haven't done much of anything in terms of helping students learn anything in science. I seriously wonder why I go to third period anymore; the lead teacher (my old Biology teacher and the only science teacher from high school who ever was able to teach me Biology, Chemistry, and Physics) is seven times better than my current physics teacher in the terms of teaching her students. I hate having to spend 90 minutes every day becoming confused and infuriated, only to spend two hours outside of the class every day getting help from someone else. I just feel like taking this course was a huge waste of time but I will be darned if I make less than a B. I will not give my physics teacher the satisfaction of running me to my breaking point.

Other than that, I have to work for five hours on Black Friday, with no extra pay. They called me in the middle of my fourth period class (I work in the library) to tell me. >_< Kiddies have also been screwing up the printer in the library, when they know they don't understand how the freaking thing works, but their spoiled butts are STILL wasting expensive printer ink.

Really all I want to do is get into my car in the next ten minutes and drive, but I have to take the smelly middle-school-infested school bus home, so I guess I'll still be having people get on my last nerve for the next hour and a half. Then I get to go home and work on papers, freaking horray!

.... I feel better now. XP
Karl

Post by Karl »

Gonna develop 2 negatives.
I'm a bookworm!
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

So, had some maths and Religion classes in the morning. Gonna be doing some filming for my short film pretty soon, and then to an LGBT thing going on in my local area. Hopefully gonna be a good day. :)
valerio

Post by valerio »

PIZZA for lunch break: Sausage, garlic and grana padano, nomnomnomnom
DingoVolf
Location: It was unwise to wake the 3-eyed cat, but we did it anyways, and now look at us. Whatever you do,

Post by DingoVolf »

Nice thread idea, but it feels like a community twitter, which I guess isn't a bad thing. :)
Work a bit this morning, meet the wife for lunch, go home and do some chores to get ready to visit mom in another state for xgiving. Really want to spend some free time and doodle, but Borderlands 2 keeps making me play it.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Had one class today (of course it was my 8:30 intro to philosophy class) Nothin like learnin about nietzche while you're half asleep!. I had to go to so I could touch base with my T.A. about my upcoming final project. Came back and slept after that. Oh and my roommate has all his stuff moved in now. Looking forward to getting to know him after break. other than that getting ready to crash at my parents house and eat a ton of food tomorrow.
Last edited by Seth on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz

Post by 0404 »

not today but I should visit parkour club again anytime soon
valerio

Post by valerio »

ordered 70 bags of pellet for my stove (over 1ton!).
Bought 3 15 kg bags of pet foodd
paid veterinarian
brought wallet to therapist for severe depression
Karl

Post by Karl »

Today I'm going to school where I'm going to have lessons from setting up lighting properly in atelier and then composition of a picture, where I'm going to manipulate traditional print with my drawing, and then make a copy in solarization technique.
I'm a bookworm!
valerio

Post by valerio »

today gonna buy groceries.
Ouch.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Busy coding on a vaguely worded project today :? Joy.
The upside is that once I make a decision on how to interpret the instructions, I can get to the actual coding part :D
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I survived five hours of Black Friday! They fed us Olive Garden for lunch; ME GUSTA! X3
And I got a silly hat from Areopostal with my gift card! And I found some other kick-butt deals on Amazon!

I'm also looking into some deals for a PS3. Does anyone know where I can buy one for cheaper than $199 at GameStop?

Now I'll be getting Subway tonight and writing my English paper so I can enjoy my weekend! I might be asked to work again tomorrow, but that doesn't hurt my feelings any. XD
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

Horrible day at work, those over demanding harridans, I am really starting to resent my job (though, considering what others go through every day, I know my "problems" are nothing to whine about...).

But after coming home I searched the web and came across a group of self-righteous conceited imbeciles which provided a barrel of laughs, especially when they say one thing only to completely and utterly obliterate those ideals when they say something else. That certainly cheered me up. :D

And now, its not long until I have to go bed, I hope I dream of something tonight, and preferably something pleasant or adventurous. *big fox yawn*
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

Beagle wrote:I'm also looking into some deals for a PS3. Does anyone know where I can buy one for cheaper than $199 at GameStop?
That's the lowest you'll find it, I've been looking around too. Playstation apparently won't let the price go any lower.

To do list:
1. Sleep in [check]
2. I dunno [hmm...]
Panda Panda Panda

Post by 0404 »

making a emergency Survival kit :D
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Punchy wrote:
Beagle wrote:I'm also looking into some deals for a PS3. Does anyone know where I can buy one for cheaper than $199 at GameStop?
That's the lowest you'll find it, I've been looking around too. Playstation apparently won't let the price go any lower.
*groans* Why must the 360 be cheaper, but have titles I really don't care to play?

I got a huge chunk of that paper written (like two hours ago). Yay, I can study physics soon....
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Beagle wrote:*groans* Why must the 360 be cheaper, but have titles I really don't care to play?
This is likely (part of) the reason why ;)

So... apparently the school system doesn't want me allocating a 101x335733 integer array... which happens to be necessary for my school project assigned by my school professor to be done on said school system. *eye twitch* I'm just gonna put this on hold 'till I can ask for more info. :roll:
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Beagle wrote:
Punchy wrote:
*groans* Why must the 360 be cheaper, but have titles I really don't care to play?

I got a huge chunk of that paper written (like two hours ago). Yay, I can study physics soon....
It's cheaper until you want Xbox live, then it's more expensive.

Anyway, I didn't do much today, just kinda relaxed and watched my dogs. I would like to go out and do stuff more, but I don't really have the money or friends to do so.
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
valerio

Post by valerio »

wash sheets
dry sheets
write some update
watch recorded TV shows
Karl

Post by Karl »

Today I'm finally going to take a good rest after a hard week!
I'm a bookworm!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

I have to start doing some work on the projects I have coming up at the end of the semester. I have a D&D game I occasionally grace with my presense later tonight. I'll be there most of the night and come home and crash. Then get up and slave away at my philosophy Homework all sunday (Sunday afternoon with Nietzche, while intellectually stimulating, is not my idea of a perfect sunday.) Yay end of the semester junk. :P
Last edited by Seth on Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

playing league of legends! \o/
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I worked a four hour shift today and I work another tomorrow morning. I am really, really, enjoying this job. I really hope they keep me after the holiday season is over.

I also completed my ENG 111 course! Now to finish other assignments!
(...It's going to feel really weird now that I've completed this course two months before my high school classes change semesters. :S )
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

Hopefully taking a shower. But I'm also going to see my sister in a cabaret show late on at night which i may decide to perform in myself next month.
Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"
valerio

Post by valerio »

bought a portable shower.
write some update
wash with sponge and sink for the last (hopefully) time.
Karl

Post by Karl »

Today I'm going to see a football match (soccer for those who live in US ;p ) on a stadium. Though I don't know how I will get there since our village community is not providing buses to town anymore.
I'm a bookworm!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Well i just woke up bright eyed and bushy-tailed at hte crack of 1:30 pm. I'm spending the rest of my sunday exiling myself to the library to write a short paper about Nietzche's Ubermensch for my intro to philosophy class. Not my idea of a particularly good time but I need to get a draft done by tomorrow so I can have my T.A. give it a once over and give me some feedback. I'm proably going to get back and just crash. I have to get up at 7:30 tomorrow to get to class. It sucks but hey it beats pulling an all-nighter.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz