THE OFFICIAL DREAM TOPIC!

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Therolyn

Re: THE OFFICIAL DREAM TOPIC!

Post by Therolyn »

I don't usually have dreams I easily remember but every now and then I have one that I remember after waking up quite well.

This morning I had one such dream.

I was inside a building which was white throughout but was mostly dark to begin with. I was at an old looking computer similar to that of an old Apple Macintosh, I think I was trying to do something on it but nothing seemed to change on the screen. A lady come up to me and passed me a tablet which I tried to politely refuse but she insists on giving it to me. So I start using the tablet but do little at all, then an argument breaks out, and I was told to leave by a stranger that comes but two others defend me and I'm allowed to stay.

The room begins the grow light due to natural sunlight beginning to stream through windows so I go to grab a bit to eat. There is a setup not to similar to a mall outside the room I started in thats similar in look to a mall except more spacious, mainly all white and contains mainly food, but lacks a food court or something similar. I look around, get something to eat as I notice that the room I started in was directly connected to this area, and that slowly more and more people trickle in. I head back to where I was to begin in and a open a random drawer in the chest of drawers that the computer was sitting on.

Inside are cards...I get the rush that these cards are extremely rare and I start getting excited,. I look more the that drawer and just find the package the cards came in and papers. I then open up one of the doors and find myself in a dark room like a shortage room. Theres boxes and rather poorly made toys around on shelves, I grab a box and look inside...theres a a big pile of the same rare cards in the bottom! I take the cards and walk out of the storage room.I notice to people behind a counter further down, and recognize them as the two that work at the local games store from where I live. I go to them and start talking to them and I present them the cards I found. Initially, they are excited but then one of them looks closely at one of the cards and seems concerns, he bends it seemingly unhappy about it and tears it. Then they tell me some of these cards might be fake . They go through the whole pile and it turns out all of the cards are fake!

Disappointed I head back to where to storage room is, one of the others following, I enter and notice another part of the storage room that is lighter, as the other person sifts through things in boxes in the dark end of the storage room. I enter the lighter area of the room to notice a worktable with a variety of tools, textas, paint, glue, and unpainted plaster figures on it, the shelves to my left house what looks to be boxes and paint cans. I'm drawn to a corner near a window where I see a variety of pieces for fursuits, tails, heads, etc. as a big pile of the top shelf in the corner. I hear voices from the other part of the storage room and still both of those that work at the local games store are going through the toys and boxes. One of them doesn't seem to impressed with the toys on the shelves and is talking with the other who seems not so concerned....

And it ends there
Werebilby For the Period of Easter - Please fellow Australians do not forget our little guy, the bilby
Deske

Post by Deske »

Does anyone ever have those nights where you dream and forget it, but when you wake up you know it was AWESOME.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

I just had a really interesting dream. I dreamed that, a few hundred years in our future, an astronomical anomaly wiped out human life; at the same time, it began an evolutionary process that led to animals advancing to our current state of technology with some interesting differences: First, they have not made advances in astronomy, I'm assuming because the anomoly, which resembles a nebula surrounding earth, prevents visibility outside of Earth's section of the solar system. This means they have not explored space the way we did. Second, they do not have fossil fuels - probably because we used them all up. Instead, they use the anomaly itself as a power source - or at least the part that is within their reach (on Earth). As it is, they are suffering from an energy crisis; the pockets of the anomaly that were found on earth have been depleted.

Desperate to find a solution to the crisis, the government, known as The Management, sends out a research team in search of remnants of the legendary race that preceded their known history (they have some evidence that we existed, but not much - hence our presence being more of a myth than a fact). The research team discovers and reactivates an artificial intelligence that we left behind, and manage to teach it their language. The artificial intelligence, designed as an observatory, shows them data about the anomaly, and they discover that there is a vast supply of the energy they use surrounding the Earth and moon.

Unfortunately that's where the dream ended. It would have been cool to see how it ended.

The dream before it seemed to be connected in a way - it was about a conspiracy of anarchists trying to find a solution to the energy crisis themselves and keep news of it from reaching the government, which would give them an advantage in usurping control.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I really don't remember much about the dream I had, only that Bob Ross (The Joy of Painting guy who died on the 4th of July in 1995) was in it and gave be a baby bird.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I had a nice dream last night. :) I was getting a fursuit made and I was at a furcon talking to other furries and it was lots of fun.
I hope that dream comes true one day. :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Douglas Collier

So, like the prequel to my dream where you showed up in a fursuit, then? :lol:
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

I hope so too Hlaoroo
I only other hand , literally had a dream with me giving myself a cold shoulder last night ^^"
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Have I told you all about my dream of the minions from Despicable Me, Scott Disick and Kourtney Kardashian and the Lion King?
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

I don't think you did :lol:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Douglas Collier wrote:So, like the prequel to my dream where you showed up in a fursuit, then? :lol:
Heh. Maybe!
Perhaps both our dreams will come true!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

JonnyNova

Post by JonnyNova »

I just had a dream where I moved to this strange town where everyone spoke in the third person and had to live alone, and at the end of the dream I found out they wanted to murder me to keep the town's population at 10 for some reason. That's not even the wierdest part though: The whole thing was narrated by JonTron.....so yeah
Last edited by JonnyNova on Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
*purrs loudly*

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

that is creepy , are you sure it was a dream ? :shock:
JonnyNova

Post by JonnyNova »

Serence Frostbite wrote:that is creepy , are you sure it was a dream ? :shock:
Well, it was more so wierd than creepy until the very end and honestly the whole JonTron thing was hilarious at times. I wish I could remember quotes from it.
*purrs loudly*

Douglas Collier

Last night I dreamed that Disney was making a movie where all the Disney characters and creations (drawn, computer animated, and live action) are mixed and jumbled, so that they all have different roles, aspects, and back stories - like an alternate universe. Some villains were good guys (the stepmother and stepsisters from Cinderella took on the role of the fairies from Sleeping Beauty), some of the heros were badguys (for example, Mulan might have been a power hungry warlord), and abilities were mixed around (for example, Aladdin might have had Elsa's snow powers). The worlds they existed in were mixed around too, and were connected (like in Kingdom Hearts).

Coolest preview for a movie I've ever had in a dream, bar none.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Doug, you have to try and pitch that to Disney. Without a doubt, it could be the most horrible, beautiful, jumbled up mess of genius animation they've ever put out.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Douglas Collier

In my dream they also partnered with Dream Works.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Dream Works in a dream , get it ? *nudge nudge*
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Wow. Disney and Dreamworks working together on an awesome movie like that! THIS ABSOLUTELY MUST HAPPEN! NO EXCUSES!

I had a really bizarre dream the other night. I was solving a murder mystery where someone had been killed by being hit in the head with a bell. It was a pretty run-of-the-mill murder mystery except that Jemima Puddleduck was my sidekick. 0.o
And yes, despite her I managed to find the killer. :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I had another bizarre dream last night. I put it down to being sick. :P

In this dream I was a mermaid that could fly by flapping my tail and all my family were very impressed. It took a lot of effort though and I could only fly while I was holding a boogie board.

So weird. :lol:
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

I've noticed how my dreams get more vivid and memorable whenever I feel ill. Like about a week ago, I wasn't feeling good and sorta had a fever, I had this nigmarish dream.

Warning: This dream may not be something everyone would wanna read.

I dreamt I was in the zombie apocalypse. Just to note, the zombies weren't like the ones in The Walking Dead where they're all decayed and stuff nooo, the ones in my dream were like a cross of 28 Days/Weeks Later and I Am Legend sort of zombies. There were only 5 of us, including me, in our survivor group, so clearly the odds weren't in our favor. I had an axe and swung it around like crazy.
Then the dream changed, I don't know where and how. I was then in an island. I don't remember much, but apparently there was a crazy murderer on the loose. The island was mostly abandoned, strangely enough, except for me and this other person, who turns out to be my friend(?). We got separated. It turns out the killer was in a pharmacy watching from the security cameras, muttering something with his scary sounding voice. Then the pharmacist behind him tried talking some sense to him, since he apparently took care of him and acted like a pseudo-parent to him. The killer didn't care and just... killed him. Then, my friend was there and saw what he did. He tried to run, but got caught. The killer then forced him to drink the blood of the dead pharmacist, for whatever reason. Somehow, I saw all that, even though I wasn't really "there".
And then I woke up.

I didn't exactly take the dream all that well. I was a little shaken up afterwards, and being sick did not help at all. But oh well.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Douglas Collier

Hlaoroo wrote:I had another bizarre dream last night. I put it down to being sick. :P

In this dream I was a mermaid that could fly by flapping my tail and all my family were very impressed. It took a lot of effort though and I could only fly while I was holding a boogie board.

So weird. :lol:
Mermaid or merman? :P
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Mermaid. Just like Ariel from the Disney movie. Which only made the dream stranger. :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RedFoxWizard

Post by RedFoxWizard »

I had this strangely nice dream with the other night where there was a giant red robot my friend and I were tasked with shutting down. Anyway, the turrets had two big plus and minus buttons (for some reason they put the power modifier on the outside of the robot...) and a tiny little red button to turn them off (who designed this thing? :P).
After that my friend and I climbed to the top and somehow the robot stopped, and my friend wanted to take the plane off of the robot. I told him he didn't know how to fly, so he agreed on using the helicopter instead. For some reason I was really sad to see him go and didn't go on the helicopter with him, so I hugged him before he left.
Then the dream cut to where that same friend was pulling me through a mall with me in a wagon while he was driving a motorbike. The mall was endless and scarcely populated.
The whole dream felt so real... The cool floor, the sounds, the hug ( :oops: ), everything.
Ice and fire magic? Does that result in a freezer-burn?
Douglas Collier

I had a dream about waterborne silverfish-like parasites - which controlled the minds of anyone they attached to - turning my special ops team against me. :shock: I had to figure out a cure while trying to avoid my comrades, who were actively trying to prevent me from finding a cure.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Its weird. When I was in Arizona, I was having dreams about Rhode Island (home). Now that I'm home (Rhode Island), I am having dreams about Arizona.
ShadowLightning

I had this really weird dream. Basically, I think mother nature got tired of humans. Every animal, every insect, started attacking us. Like, slugs and worms would dig out from under the ground and came toward us. At some point, me and a bunch of others got cornered and, for whatever reason, we started singing "Yellow Flicker Beat" to appease mother nature or something. And it worked, oddly enough.

Then the dream shifts to something else. I was riding a bus on my way to college, and I had a dog with blue fur (looked almost exactly like my OC Silver, but not anthropomorphized). And I was crying and cradling him, because apparently I had to give him away for whatever reason. I got off the bus and went to this desk. They were selling and putting up stuff for auction and I was assuming I was supposed to too. Then the lady said the auctions don't start till 7 at night, and it was still morning then. So I then spent the rest of the day like making the best out of the short time I had left with little Silver. And I remembered being so happy and crying a lot. I hadn't felt that emotional since I saw dream dad fight with the Scissors Man (see one of my previous dreams for more details).
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm trying to figure out why I am having dreams about ceiling fans now. I liked them when I was younger and now they are making a comeback in my dreams.
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

So... you know those, for lack of a better term, Inception-type dreams? Where you recognize you're in a dream state because something's off, but in attempting to 'wake up', merely transition to a different dream? Well, I managed last night to get about... 8 of those shifts in a row, and I'll give Inception credit there - after all that they really start to screw with your sense of reality within the dream. But it's interesting to recognize your, well I'll call them 'anchors' - the facts that when violated instantly trigger a 'hey, I'm probably in a dream' response.
"...kindness is its own reward. Paid in ice cream."
RP chars:
Redwall: Rhys Greenbrier
17th CF: Alasdair 'Alec' Ogilvy
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Last night I had a dream that I had to put one of my cats to sleep. I hope it wasn't foreshadowing.
Douglas Collier

I dreamed about Christmas last night (thank you, radio :roll: ). It was interesting though - it was a community Christmas, and everyone's presents were in a warehouse, stored on shelves according to last name.
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

Sometimes when i fall asleep on school, i dream about being in class listening attentively the teacher (what I'm supposed to do instead of sleeping). By that, I think that I'm awake and not sleeping. :?

Most dreams override you brain if you didn't know.
Last edited by tsMKG on Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
Douglas Collier

I just had a pretty intense and awesome dream about an alien invasion. At first the aliens tried to be covert, blending in with natural animals (crocodiles or snakes, I think). But eventually humans figured it out; at that point, the aliens had built up their forces and went full-on overlord, enslaving the human race using the threat of their superior death-inflicting technology to keep humans under control. Humans figured out that the aliens used a technology to communicate and occasionally be controlled telepathically by their commanding officer. The humans hatched a plan to use this to their advantage. They managed to get a hold of the telepathic technology and began using it to control the commanding officer. For months they were able to weaken the control of the aliens. But, because of our limited knowledge of the aliens, we were unprepared when the system switched to a different cycle we didn't know how to use (apparently the technology was based on light from the sun, and since the days were becoming shorter for winter, it switched to light from the moon). The plan fell apart fast, but as a last ditch effort, the humans destroyed the communication device in the main control chamber. In the following confusion, the humans were able to destroy the killing devices or use them against the aliens, and the aliens were quickly subdued.

I think it would make a pretty cool trilogy.
Douglas Collier

So, had an interesting dream last night. Here are the details:

- Was sent back in time (some age regression was involved, but kept grown-up mind) in an alternate universe where all people were were-animals. I became a werecorgi (started quadrupedal - would develop into anthro, followed by human; a lot of people didn't develop a human form or chose to remain in anthro form, and, rarely, some didn't develop beyond the quadrupedal stage and were semi-feral: couldn't talk and acted more animal-like).

- Parents lived as anthros; helped parents get together and they adopted me. They also adopted a semi-feral corgi they found as a brother/companion for me.

- Grew up; had a lot of stuff to relearn in this new universe

- Attended a Harry Potter style wizarding school

- Turned into a dragon while at a Quidditch match - learned I was also a were-dragon (very rare, elite group). We hadn't known this, so I didn't know anything about dragons.

- Was stuck in dragon form - needed to go on a journey to construct a magical item or else, first, I'd be stuck in dragon form permanently, and, second, I would become feral.

- Learned magical dragon abilities and drawbacks to being a dragon on the way.

*woke up*
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sounds like you really had an eventful and very full dream.
ShadowLightning

I had a really scary, but at the same time kinda funny dream just awhile ago.

Apparently, I was diagnosed with some kind of disease. I don't remember what, but it was apparently terminal and costs a lot of money to treat. I burst into tears upon hearing it and so did the doctor, who was a relative of mine. But I decided to keep it a secret from the rest of my family for the time being until the right time.

Next thing I knew, I was in a stadium of sorts. I was with the cast of the Walking Dead (?) and there were some military people who were going to attack us. So we set up some defenses and then they arrived. They started shooting everyone and lots of explosions and gunshots were happening. I didn't have anything other than some grenades and a stick of butter(?!). So I started throwing them around, yes, including the butter. Then there was this one lady who got inside the stadium with a huge gun and was about to shoot me. I tripped at the last minute and threw the stick of butter at her. It hit her face and it distracted her enough before Tyreese tackled her to the ground. I took the gun and got rid of all the others, but he got his leg badly wounded. After it was over, I took Tyreese, who was apparently my father now(?), back to our house so he can rest, but he says it's too late and he'll turn into a walker soon. I told my sister to pack our stuff cause we were gonna leave soon before zombies come by. She starts the car while I woke up my little sister and mom, who were resting. I go to our backyard to get some stuff but there was this guy who were taking it. I yelled at him "Heeey, that's ours!" But he was holding a pot of boiling water and yelled back "Oh yeah? You want it? Come here!" And started splashing boiling water at my direction before I ran off. When I went back to the living room, I saw a bunch of guys with our car, and my sister nowhere to be found. They started coming to my direction before I locked the door and took a golfclub and told them to leave. But they didn't, and then this guy started playing his bagpipes(?) to attract the other zombies while they started looting the place. Then I woke up.

I have... no words to express how I felt. :lol:
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

I had a kind of random one last night.

I was at a swimming pool, and I believe I was there due to a school trip or something because the me in the dream was aware that there was what registered to be a teacher watching us from the sidelines, and also in the pool was some classmates.

For some reason, I got in the pool fully clothed. Like, pants, t-shirt, jumper, shoes, everything!

I remember the other people in my dream being like "what the heck is he doing?" at one point.

So then I remember getting back out the pool and heading to the changing rooms to change into some swimming trunks...only to discover I hadn't brought any.

I think I was kinda headed back out to the pool again, and that's when the dream ended.
Douglas Collier

Last night I dreamed about a virtual reality version of D&D, except it had multiple groups that could compete against each other. Campaigns were listed by the "government" program and received by each group's DM. It was also PvP, so groups could attack each other or each other's home bases.
Douglas Collier

Last night I dreamed that I and a lot of other people were held hostage by a seriously unstable paranoid guy who we had to be careful not to freak out. We had to be careful how we moved and presented ourselves; we had to walk on eggshells around him. He had complete control of the household, threatening to kill anyone who he thought might be plotting against him. Eventually we were successful in killing the guy, but we all had PTSD afterward. It was awful.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

aw *hug douglas* at least it was just a dream.
supersonicfan169

Post by supersonicfan169 »

Last night I had a strange dream where I was dreaming inside my dream. The dream inside the dream started with me in a pickup basketball game a couple feet away from a swimming pool. I walked over to the side of the pool, and then Cerberus started influencing my dream. I fell into the swimming pool (which was the same one from a previous dream, a common theme across my dreams) and then heard muffled voices about me being asleep for 15 hours. The dream inside the dream ended, and then the dream that the real me was dreaming ended with me waking up in the shower in the dream. I then woke up in real life.

Don't try to overthink the dream-inside-a-dream thing; it'll make your head hurt :?
Those who say "Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars"...
have never played Kerbal Space Program.