The_Glee_House

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

DatChubbyFur

The_Glee_House

Post by DatChubbyFur »

Um...This is for Glee fans and for anyone who is interested in Glee as well.But please be aware that I myself am not really familiar with the characters!I really love their voices and they really inspire me.That is all.Please,no negative comments or trolls.Domo Arigato!
Attachments
Gleek Out!
Gleek Out!
imgres.jpg (15.72 KiB) Viewed 5194 times
HighFlight
DatChubbyFur

Re: The_Glee_House

Post by DatChubbyFur »

So...as far as I can see,there are not really any Gleeks yet.But I still have faith there are some of you out there.
HighFlight
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I don't really watch Glee, but I enjoy the music and tortured the forums with my Chris Colfer obsession for a while.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It always struck me as odd that you don't watch Glee, all that considered.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Does it count if I've read large swathes of the Wiki?

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That only serves to make it odder.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Liam

Post by Liam »

I never found the show very agreeable. The bullying goes to comical level to squeeze the last drop of drama out of it (I don't think even on the worst school you can do that stuff to someone wheelchair-bound without severe administrative action as consequence), and don't get me started on the camp gay character.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
DatChubbyFur

Post by DatChubbyFur »

not really trying to sound mean but actually,it's something like a 'free-thinker' show.They actually support things like homosexuality and lesbianism.Not to mention others who are bisexual.And on top of that,they show friends who care for each other.(Though Lea Michelle(Rachel Berry)was kinda annoying.But her voice never fails to amaze me.Not to mention the tragic loss of her fiancee,Cory Monteith(Finn Hudson.)R.I.P. Cory.
aside from that,it also shows the life of some people who are probably going through what they are in High School.They get bullied,teased but yet they are helpless.You would be shocked to find out that some are actually cruel enough to bully disabled students.Thus,the series shows that the Glee Club is a club that actually supports each other.(Putting aside some parts where they hated Rachel like f**k.)But even then,everyone banded together to help Artie.Also,it is a show that motivates others to come out of the closet and be proud of who you are.Kurt is a perfect example for that.(I'm gay too).But if you want to know what they actually felt like when the members of the Glee club actually got bulied,teased unconditionaly and also slushied,please listen to this.At the end of it all,you will always realize a personal lesson from each episode.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o6tEcM-qZo ... ogle&guid=

and for those who need a little motivation to think GOOD thoughts about those who keeps looking for faults with you,I would really like you all to listen to this.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zo2U-ejaIC ... =&hl=en-GB

~~PS:forgive me if what I said isn't related to this.I won't give reasons why.Gleek out Gleekers~ -L
HighFlight
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

One of the best thing that Glee did was increase the sail on Journey's "Don't stop beliving". The sad part was that Glee's version may have been the first version a younger audience may've heard.

I mean come on, this is alright I guess... but this is amazing. Don't get me wrong, I give everything a chance...but Glee's version felt weak compared to Journey's.

...that being said, a good show that's liked by the general audience that encourages people to be confident and all that jazz? That's definitely a good thing...and well, there are some really good songs. This is a pretty decent cover (in my oppinion), not to mention mixing it with Confessions wasn't a bad idea. If somebody told me they mixed Usher and Bon Jovi, I'd probably have never listened to it...but listening to it, I wish it was longer.

(just a shame Glee is always so cheesy...I mean, making Bon Jovi or Journey sound even more cheesy is quite a feat, but still...)
DatChubbyFur

Post by DatChubbyFur »

everyone has their own views on Glee.But whatever anyone may think about it,I'll still think of Glee as my motivation through my life.
-L
HighFlight
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Well, I never watched the show itself, and have only learned a tiny bit from some friends of mine who are total Gleeks. I like most of their covers, especially the "Don't Stop Believing" one, because I love to listen to acapella covers and show choir pieces.

But, I honestly think that most of the members here don't really like the show in general, especially after seeing the comments on one particular arc of this comic. Surprised me a bit reading their opinions then.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Could somebody tell me what makes their cover of 'Don't Stop Believing' so good? Don't take this as an insult or anything, please, I genuinely want to know what about the song makes it so appealing to a wider audience. Somebody in the youtube comments said it was marketed to kids with low attention spams. I guess it does feel a lot faster than the original song (some might say this is a good thing), but meh...what's your input?

And yeah, I'm pretty sure you're right Kuro, about a lot of people not really liking the show. All my mates at home didn't like Glee, but I kinda think most of their opinions were ill-educated.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Well, as I said, they cover and arrange songs, and these kinds of works tend to get some flak from die-hard enthusiasts of the originals. Another fine example of human nature at work ;p

Anyway, I like their rendition because it's the first one that I had listened to, and they have dynamics and emotion in their delivery. Also, if what I understand about the story is correct, the trials and tribulations the cast has to face before getting to showcase their talents in the story makes the song as a climax more memorable to the audience, something like High School Musical.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

44R0NM10 wrote:Somebody in the youtube comments said it was marketed to kids with low attention spams.
Never read YouTube comments. :P

Don't Stop Believin' is a good, marketable song. But being old makes many things very difficult to sell. Part of the reason for the success of the Glee version can be attributed to the quality of the original song added to the fact that it's "new."
DatChubbyFur

Post by DatChubbyFur »

Sleet's reply is Golden.
HighFlight
DatChubbyFur

Post by DatChubbyFur »

Cory Monteith is deeply missed.
HighFlight