RIP William Windom 1923-2012

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

GarrisonSkunk

RIP William Windom 1923-2012

Post by GarrisonSkunk »

Actor William Windom died...he was a character actor most known for his regular role as the Doctor (not that one) in "Murder, She Wrote" as well as guest spots in the original "Twilight Zone" ("Six Characters in Search of an Exit") and "Star Trek" ("The Doomsday Machine").

While sad, why is his death even semi-Housepets related? Well, back in the late 60s, he starred in and won an Emmy for portraying a cartoonist based on the life and works of James Thurber in the series "My World, and Welcome to It." The show was quite innovative for its time combining animation with the live action to illustrate the cartoonist's day to day musings and imagination. The show was way ahead of its time...and as such due to a lack of enough audience to understand the concept and high animation costs was of course canceled after one season.

The show isnt that well known today, but I invite people to seek the episodes out. While somewhat dated, (the show was made long before I came into this world), I think modern people could still enjoy it if they like a slightly sarcastic look at day to day life.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: RIP William Windom 1923-2012

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Note that it doesn't even have to be remotely Housepets related in this section.
Also, it was five characters, not six.
but still, any death is sad.
unrelated: Phyllis Diller also died.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets