Cats vs. Dogs

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Daggy

Re: Cats vs. Dogs

Post by Daggy »

Tiggy wrote:I like them both, but lately I have a really newfound love in corgis.

Adorable little within the automobile.
I WONDER WHY~

I prefer dogs. Cats will ignore me but a dog will come whenever you want it for the most part! I really want a dog.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

I don't know why people love Corgis so much. A friend of mine owns one and it is hateful and mean.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

I'd say that dog is not raised/trained properly.
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I prefer shepherds and Spitz myself as groups for dogs.For cats, I like the American Shorthair, Persian, Himalayan, and of course, the huge Main Coon.

Corgis are herding dogs, yes, so I do enjoy them. Only hound I really like is the Basenji.

But dogs are awesome, as are cats... my cats leave me offerings of food... I like to imagine them as my worshippers, offering sacrifices sometimes. Power trips are cool. 8-)
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Radio Blue Heart

The sad story of Lou the Corgi.

Lou was born into a puppy mill. For those who don't know, they are essentially dog prison camps where they try to breed dogs on an industrial scale in unsanitary, abysmal conditions where they live in filth, near-starvation and disease.

After the cops and animal control raided the mill, Lou and the other survivors were taken to the animal shelter.

Lou was then adopted by a woman who did not know how to raise dogs and spoiled him. One day she tried to stop him from doing something that she had let him do thousands of times before and he growled at her. So she sent him back to the shelter.

Then my friend adopted him. Being shell shocked from being born in a puppy mill and being sent to the shelter twice, his reaction to everything is anger. He hates everything and everyone except his owner.

I turns out the proper way to spell his name is "Lu". Because when they named him at the shelter, his proper name is "Lucifer".

Lou, the words angriest Corgi. Far more angry then King.
-Virgil
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Unfortunately, I have seen worse than that.... yeah, sometimes bad things happen to pets. At least there are caring people in the world who are willing to help our furry comrades. Why whether you like cats or dogs, the sad stories always get to you.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

One of my neighbors had an American Akita at one point, I loved that dog. I was told that they were vicious and would attack, but all she wanted to do was play. :D
My grandparents have an Australian Shepherd (I think thats what he is) very nice dog. Those two mentioned are the only dogs that I really loved, others I've met were annoying and dumb.
Panda Panda Panda
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

44R0NM10 wrote:I just realized I never posted here...

Well, I choose dogs, simply because most seem to really enjoy the attention you give to them. A cat usually doesn't look too bothered. I mean, they like being stroked, but they don't show it the same playful way most dogs do.
Yah, cats are like, "Feed me, pet me, take care of me. And in return, I will sleep a lot and ignore you.
Hey, its my job to link these things *waggles finger*
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

My cats are actually not anti-social in the slightest. The only times they don't beg for attention is when they get overloaded because my mom and both sisters try to hug them to death on a regular basis.

That's why I prefer them, honestly. They're more reserved than dogs, on average, but without feeling standoff-ish. With cats, they come to me on their own time, I give 'em some love, they purr, and then they either fall asleep on me or go about their business. I couldn't handle having to deal with a dog who doesn't understand the concept of personal space. I know that not all dogs are like that, but in my experience, that sort of personality makes up the majority of dogs, and I'd rather not risk it.

Except for a corgi. They're worth the risk. Because stubby legs, stubby tail, and overwhelming adorability.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

I like cats for their cutness and dogs for their friendlyness. If a cat were as friendly as a dog, I would prefer cats over dogs 100% of time.

Also, there are dogs I don't like the small ones, with corgis as the only exception.
so, I guess I would pick a dog.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus

Post by 0404 »

If someone can come up with mix breed of Dog and Cat, I'm seriously going to love that someone.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

texascat018 wrote:If someone can come up with mix breed of Dog and Cat, I'm seriously going to love that someone.
Considering they're of different families, it won't work.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!

Post by 0404 »

that's the point.
Last edited by 0404 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

I prefer dogs. Some dogs I don't like though. But, I would prefer having no pet to having a cat.
Radio Blue Heart

Just get a cat that thinks he is a dog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esZUnrTKetU

This cat is the feline equivalent of Joey.
-Virgil
Rook

Post by Rook »

Hee hee! That almost made me like cats more than dogs :P That was awesome :D
texascat018 wrote:But small dogs are so cute! They're great for petting. <3
The only small dogs I really dig are, not because of Housepets! ... Okay, because of Housepets! I really dig Corgi's. Other than that, I like 'em big... but mellow :)
Always love to live, and live to love others.

I ask a lot of questions... I know.

Rook STR- 9 PER- 3 END- 9 CHA- 7 INT- 3 AGI- 7 LUC- 4
Sergei STR- 7 PER- 4 END- 7 CHA- 4 INT- 8 AGI- 7 LUC- 5
zeldakeeper

Post by zeldakeeper »

Um...*gets ready for hate* I don't like dogs at all after a bad experiance with one. But cats...Well cats are so funny! I love how they think they're better than you XD When they do something stupid they act like it never happened. So cute :')
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it.
Radio Blue Heart

One bad experience can do that, but give them a chance. Some are very friendly.

I have been around dogs my whole life, including big dogs with reputations of being aggressive like Rottweilers, German Shepards, Dobermans, and others. But, the only time I have been seriously injured by a dog was, of all the possible breeds, a Golden Retriever. It bit me very badly and drew blood. After playing tug of war with a Rottweiler and fetch with German Shepard, I was not expecting this from a Golden Retriever.

So, you never know.
-Virgil
Liam

Post by Liam »

Cats are purrfect.

I'm a calm person, so I'm more in tune with them than dogs that you have to walk all around the block.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.

Post by 0404 »

Sleet wrote:
texascat018 wrote:If someone can come up with mix breed of Dog and Cat, I'm seriously going to love that someone.
Considering they're of different families, it won't work.
why not?!!??
Bolt2 :roll: :lol:
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

My spoiled little beagles sometimes make me prefer my cat, but I am definitely still a dog person.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
zeldakeeper

Post by zeldakeeper »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:One bad experience can do that, but give them a chance. Some are very friendly.

I have been around dogs my whole life, including big dogs with reputations of being aggressive like Rottweilers, German Shepards, Dobermans, and others. But, the only time I have been seriously injured by a dog was, of all the possible breeds, a Golden Retriever. It bit me very badly and drew blood. After playing tug of war with a Rottweiler and fetch with German Shepard, I was not expecting this from a Golden Retriever.

So, you never know.
It was a small dog that I had the experiance with actually ^^'. My family had fat German Sheperd called Max, thinking about it he probably was big enough to eat a small child XD.

Ugh on my paper round there's an EVIL Goldern Retriever. When ever anyone else comes up to it it's all happy but IT WANTS ME DEAD I SWEAR, IT WAS HIDING IN THE BUSHES IN THE GARDEN AND IT JUST BURST OUT AS SOON AS I OPENED THE GATE. EVIL EVILLL.

Oh I sound like MermaidMan.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it.
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

If I was in an environment where they would not be an inconvenience, I would take a dog if I had to choose.

I like my cat, but in general I would choose to live with more dogs that I meet than I do cats. I wouldn't want the kind of cat that you only meet every now and then when you give it food or somesuch.

Of course, if I was in a small apartment or some similar situation I'd probably take the cat because they're easier to work with in spaces like that.
Image Image
DanTwelve3

Post by DanTwelve3 »

Why not both?

Cats are cute and are awesome when they are playful and cuddly. Dogs are also cute and make great buddies.

I am of the opinion though that the more like a dog a cat is, the better the cat. Cats that are indifferent are almost like not having a pet at all :| .
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Definitely a dog person. I very rarely meet a dog I don't like. Cats are cool and all but sometimes they're just wastes of space.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
KogaShinigami
Location: Between here and there, but more there than here...

Post by KogaShinigami »

For me, its a toss up. I raised in a family that breed Chow Chows and that's what I grow up with, literally. with a big lion/bear like dogs that were just big teddy bears most of the time. But right now I have two cats the are actually very playful and love attention, as in they will MAKE you pet them if you're ignoring them.

I go with cats for right now, but this may change later. ^^
"Wearing a turtleneck is like being strangled by a really weak guy, all day. Wearing a backpack and a turtleneck is like a weak midget trying to bring you down."
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

I like Cats, but I am so allergic to them I had to go to a hospital once due to a severe asthma attack. So I choose Dogs, since they can't kill me by just being in the room, and because they are awesome and enjoy playing with you. Also I have a dog, might get another, who acts like a cat, she just needs to learn how to purr.
I like Pie!!!
Go ahead and send me a message, maybe we could talk about pie!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!

Post by 0404 »

Some scientists say that Purr cures mental ill to some degree and broken bones. They said Purr Also helps body immune system to work efficently.

And I think cats are also a bad I mean good dream catchers, I never had any of bad dream/nightmare when I slept with my cat.
Last edited by 0404 on Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

texascat018 wrote:And I think cats are also a bad dream catchers, I never had any of bad dream/nightmare when I slept with my cat.
Do you mean good dream catchers? Because a good dream catcher is what would prevent bad dreams.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

texascat018 wrote:Some scientists say that Purr cures mental ill to some degree and broken bones. They said Purr Also helps body immune system to work efficently.
What scientists say that?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!

Post by 0404 »

JeffCvt wrote:
texascat018 wrote:And I think cats are also a bad dream catchers, I never had any of bad dream/nightmare when I slept with my cat.
Do you mean good dream catchers? Because a good dream catcher is what would prevent bad dreams.
I mean good, Face palm on my self...
Sleet wrote:
texascat018 wrote:Some scientists say that Purr cures mental ill to some degree and broken bones. They said Purr Also helps body immune system to work efficently.
The book doesn't says who said it and it's only a theory.
Last edited by 0404 on Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Both is not allowable. Stop picking it. The furret can get away with it. You are not the furret. STOP IT.

And I go with dogs. I never have dogs stalking my bird feeders. My dog lets Morning Doves walk all around and on him. Cats on the other hand..
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Foxstar wrote:Both is not allowable. Stop picking it. The furret can get away with it. You are not the furret. STOP IT.
Uh... who are you talking to?
Sleet wrote:
Pseudoscientists.
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

Foxstar wrote:I never have dogs stalking my bird feeders.
Mine does, he watches for squirrels. My cats don't know what to do when they see a bird in front of them.
Panda Panda Panda
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

My friend apparently has had two cats for a month. I have to say, those things are cute. They, of course, have the downside of messing with electronics. And devastating my lungs.
Liam

Post by Liam »

Sleet wrote:
American scientists. :3

It's suspected to be conducive to bone growth.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
DanTwelve3

Post by DanTwelve3 »

Foxstar wrote:Both is not allowable. Stop picking it. The furret can get away with it. You are not the furret. STOP IT.
Seems the dog-or-cat choice is enforced with lasers. Unless I can find an infinite supply of burn ointment...

Dog, whichever one chooses me! A while back I paid a visit to the local humane society. Some of the dogs were much more excited to see me than others - what was really telling was that some of the dogs that didn't acknowledge my existence really seemed to like the friend I went there with.

And barn cats!

------------ :o
Yeah that's supposed to be a laser burning me

Post by 0404 »

Liam wrote: American scientists. :3

It's suspected to be conducive to bone growth.
that's what I was talking about!

DanTwelve3 wrote: And barn cats!