Best Dog Breed for you ?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Nedzib

Best Dog Breed for you ?

Post by Nedzib »

I love Cane Corso, best dog breed in the world !

Cane Corso Information : http://www.allaboutdogs.net/cane-corso/

What is your favorite Dog Breed ? And give us more information about it ?

This is my first post. Thank You
Saturn381

Re: Best Dog Breed for you ?

Post by Saturn381 »

I prefer big dogs. By this I mean dogs like a Newfoundland, Saint Bernard, Husky, and etc.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

I prefer big dogs. My family used to keep Boston Terriers, though. But I don't think I will ever keep any more of them. They tend to be stubborn and hyper active.

I my experience, big dogs that I have liked are German Shepherds, Boxers and Pit Bulls. I know those dogs have a bad reputation for aggression but socializing them to other people and other animals is the key. My cousin keeps two pit pulls and a boxer in the same house as two children and four cats. They never bite but they will climb on you if you sit down.

I have never owned a husky. Even though they are beautiful dogs. You need a lot of room for them to get the necessary exercise.

I can stand small dogs as long as they are not the noisy, snapping ones that think they are giants.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

I'm a cats person, but I have my favourite dog breeds. :) I mainly like big size dogs like Huskies and Shepherds, but there are some small ones too like Corgies and Pomeranians. :D
Tales

Post by Tales »

Cesco wrote:I'm a cats person, but I have my favourite dog breeds. :) I mainly like big size dogs like Huskies and Shepherds, but there are some small ones too like Corgies and Pomeranians. :D
I too like my big dogs. Also, do you like you Pomeranians with, or without the glowing eyes?
My FA account: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tales19/

The best forum game in existence:
FancyHat
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US...Would prefer Scotland.

Post by FancyHat »

Well I've had every dog from a bloodhound (Southern Gentleman seal of approaval) to chihuahuas..But preferably in my opinion, a pug or corgi is the dog for me..
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Tales wrote:Also, do you like you Pomeranians with, or without the glowing eyes?
I don't know of that feature of this breed. I like them just for their poofy look and small muzzle. :D :P
Radio Blue Heart

I have been around large dog breeds with reputations for being aggressive my whole life and only time I have ever been seriously injured by a dog, it was a Golden Retriever.
-Virgil
Tales

Post by Tales »

Cesco wrote:
Tales wrote:Also, do you like you Pomeranians with, or without the glowing eyes?
I don't know of that feature of this breed. I like them just for their poofy look and small muzzle. :D :P
Just to clarify, it was a joking reference to Tarot. She is a pomeranian. She had glowing eyes... It wasn't clear whether or not you thought I was serious about pomeranians having glowing eyes...
My FA account: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tales19/

The best forum game in existence:
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I like big and medium dogs. Anatolian Shepherds are cool, as are huskies, and German shepherds. and Tamaskans look pretty cool
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

I like dogs in the medium to large size range. Like the Boxer/German Sheperd mix that my dog is.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Whippet. Whippets are the best dogs, combining the chillness and low maintenance coat of a greyhound with a more convenient but still manageable size.

I appreciate the looks of hounds and herding dogs the most (big floppy ears are the best! ^w^ )
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Therolyn

Post by Therolyn »

I'm a fan of bigger dogs (usually working dogs), but they don't suit my lifestyle much.

I'm however not partial to smaller dogs in general. For example, most of my family (extended included) really like pugs, while myself being the only family member who doesn't like them.

I've considered getting a dog for some time and had talked with my sister about the idea. She believes that a corgi would be the best breed for me.
Werebilby For the Period of Easter - Please fellow Australians do not forget our little guy, the bilby
Douglas Collier

Therolyn wrote:I've considered getting a dog for some time and had talked with my sister about the idea. She believes that a corgi would be the best breed for me.
Just remember, we bark a lot! And shed. (Seriously, we do)
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Never met a dog I didn't love! But I've had Yorkies my entire life and I'm really attached to the breed.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Deske

Post by Deske »

I'm pretty sure I could handle a husky or a malamute, though for my current living arrangements I can't have a dog, but I'd have to get a warmer weather breed.
Radio Blue Heart

If I were to get a small dog, it would probably be a pug. They tend to be very even tempered.

But once again, I would like to impress the importance of socialization and training. Even with a dog breed with a reputation like the corgi.

This brings me to the story of my friend's dog, Lou the Corgi. There is a picture of Lou here on the forum somewhere. The thread was about our pets. The picture is of Lou attacking me for sitting down next to his master. I took the picture just as he was trying to tear my arm off.

But it is not Lou's fault. Lou was born in a puppy mill. One of those horrible kennels where they try to breed dogs on an industrial scale. They dogs are born into a hell of hunger and filth. After being born into such a place, Lou was understandably shell shocked. When the puppy mill was shut down he was taken to the local pound. It was made worse when his first owner spoiled him. She set no limits and let him do what ever he wanted. When he growled at her for trying to stop him from doing something she let him do many times before. He was sent back to the pound. Then my friend Will adopted him. He has done a marvelous job of rehabilitating Lou. He is still loud and territorial around strangers but he does what Will commands him too.

Apparently, from his paperwork, the proper rendering of his name should be "Lu" instead of "Lou" because his full name is actually Lucifer. Very fitting considering his behavior sometimes.

Even a corgi can be mean if it is not properly raised.
-Virgil
Douglas Collier

Radio Blue Heart wrote:Even with a dog breed with a reputation like the corgi.
I take acceptation to that. :)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I've had many dogs, mostly pound puppies, and loved them all. My dad had an older Afghan for three years. A good chap ... Gentle, dignified, needed a lot of grooming. Also had a border collie for eleven years, a sweet, beautiful guy given to our daughter as a puppy.
IsraeliDisneyFan

Post by IsraeliDisneyFan »

I would love to have a Shiba Inu dog because of my connection to Japan
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Two weeks ago, we brought a pair of Skipperkes from the shelter, both males and brothers from the same mother but different litters. Thus, one is older and just slightly larger than the younger. They came from a pretty gruesome hoarding situation. I'd kinda hoped to get another sheltie collie like Sophie but those are very hard to find.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really don't have a dog breed that is the best for me. All of them have their pros and cons bt I can work with any of them as long as they aren't aggressive. Currently I have a full blooded Pekingese and a Shichi (1/4 chihuahua and 3/4 shih tzu).
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

NHWestoN wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:52 pm Two weeks ago, we brought a pair of Skipperkes from the shelter, both males and brothers from the same mother but different litters. Thus, one is older and just slightly larger than the younger. They came from a pretty gruesome hoarding situation. I'd kinda hoped to get another sheltie collie like Sophie but those are very hard to find.
That's not a breed I'd heard of, looked them up, a very fine and distinctive looking Dog Weston. Excellent you have some new companions joining you both, sounds like you have given them a new shot at life.

I'd have to say Husky, obviously, the curly tails, fluffiness and colouration take some beating, I also love the wolf like ears :-), we have a number of Husky types that live in the locale and without fail they are friendly, easy going types that love a long walk (just like Mrs Deer).
Disproportionately Dappled
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

DDeer wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:02 pm I'd have to say Husky, obviously, the curly tails, fluffiness and colouration take some beating, I also love the wolf like ears :-), we have a number of Husky types that live in the locale and without fail they are friendly, easy going types that love a long walk (just like Mrs Deer).
I also like huskies for many of the same reasons you listed. The wolf-like appearance, the fur colouration, the fluffiness. They're so awesome. :mrgreen:
I also like them coz of the Balto movies by Universal. As a joke I call 'em "Balto dogs". :lol:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Never really thought about how much they look like wolves honestly until somebody pointed it out. Now I wanna see Natalie who is a wolf go after Fox because he is almost like a wolf. :mrgreen:
IsraeliDisneyFan

Post by IsraeliDisneyFan »

I really like Shiba Inus, mainly because I love Japan
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Still not seen Balto, need to get around to watching it some time, finally got Around to seeing Bambi recently (never saw it as a kid), a good film, read the book first, both have their merits. Love Shiba Inus, it's the curly tail again and amazing colouring again, just finished reading Doomsday with my dog, a Japanese Manga following the journeys of a girl and her Shiba Inu through a post apocalyptic world. Natalie chasing after Fox would make for an interesing HP! storyline, Foxhunt!
Disproportionately Dappled
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I feel its time for Fox to get someone to chase after him as he chased after Sasha. Even though I secretly want Bino and Natalie to get together if Natalie falls for Fox that would be good too.