• Advertisement

Reply to topic  [ 7222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 177, 178, 179, 180, 181
Discussion: Video Games 

Post Re: Discussion: Video Games
Buster Wrote:
its a movie tie-in game. with very very few exceptions (actually only one exception: Goldeneye), that makes it shovelware until proven otherwise.

GoldenEye was good for it’s time but quite frankly doesn’t hold up today by console FPS standards, nor did it hold up by the time the 2000s rolled around; the original Halo: Combat Evolved upstaged GoldenEye in nearly every way. The Mummy Demastered, developed by Shantae creators WayForward, is apparently solid, and definitely much better than the movie itself. As was The Lego Movie: The Game, mainly because it was made by Travelers Tales, the same folks that make the other Lego titles.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:33 am

I’d be much more interested if the SNES version was with it. I’m still getting to check out the others.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:48 am
Profile WWW
Game Master

Ash Greytree Wrote:
Buster Wrote:
its a movie tie-in game. with very very few exceptions (actually only one exception: Goldeneye), that makes it shovelware until proven otherwise.

GoldenEye was good for it’s time but quite frankly doesn’t hold up today by console FPS standards, nor did it hold up by the time the 2000s rolled around; the original Halo: Combat Evolved upstaged GoldenEye in nearly every way.

the fact hat it was the first console FPS that didn't suck is what gets it it's exception, i don't see any other movie adaptations achieving milestones for the industry. and comparing a retro game to what came after it is frequently an unfair comparison. halo was after the advent of dual analog controllers, and improvements in real time rendering, that didn't exist on the N64. which gives it advantages in both graphics and control that rare couldn't have done anything about.

Ash Greytree Wrote:
The Mummy Demastered, developed by Shantae creators WayForward, is apparently solid, and definitely much better than the movie itself. As was The Lego Movie: The Game, mainly because it was made by Travelers Tales, the same folks that make the other Lego titles.
you and i apparently have vastly different opinions on the lego games...

Characters

Last edited by Buster on Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:24 am

Hey if games that tie in to the release of specific movies can be released after all of this time then I have hope that eventually we will get a sequel to Super Mario RPG and see Geno and Mallow again.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:17 pm

SANS IS A MII COSTUME IN SMASH. HE COMES WITH MEGALOVANIA. I DON’T KNOW HOW TO REACT TO THIS.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?

Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:28 pm

Haven't really had much exposure to Undertale so someone is gonna have to help me. Megalovania is the music he comes with right?

Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:13 pm
Game Master

and of course it's the overused walking meme with the grating theme music instead of one of the actually INTERESTING characters.
why not, it's not like that game has more than one memorable character, a soundtrack with numerous much better tracks, oh, wait... IT DOES. :evil:

Characters

Last edited by Buster on Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:23 pm

I mean, I would rather have Sans as a costume than as an actual fighter. Udyne, Asgore, or Mettaton would make much better fighters.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?

Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:26 pm
Game Master

i'd rather dress my gunner up in green spandex and rubber petals than that waste of a character.
and unless they do another wave of bonus DLC fighters this is probably all that we'll get

Characters

Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:30 pm

Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:32 pm

I like the gun, at least. And of course they'd use the one character that the internet fawns over. I never got the Genocide ending of Undertale. Way too tedious. Maybe Fisk or Chara as a swordfighter skin could be cool.

Icon by ChaokoCartoons

Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:17 am
Profile WWW
Game Master

i like to end on a high note, so i always do the worst ending first. Kinda shot myself in the foot there. and he's much better as a heroic antagonist than as... whatever the heck the rest of the runs are supposed to be. i'd say comic relief but he's not actually funny, like ever, and there's no real tension to need a break from save for metaton's section and metaton himself does more than good enough of a job there to not need help.

Characters

Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:24 am

I mean, if the story Sakura told during the stream (and Toby later confirmed on Twitter) about him inviting Toby over to his house to play Smash is true, I highly doubt this is the last bit of Undertale/Deltarune we’re getting in Smash. Personally, I just want new arrangements of Asgore and Death by Glamour.

Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:25 am
Bringing Foxy Back

If there's a lot of connection, I could see an Undertale character making it in the next SSB, even if not in SSBU.

Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:31 pm
Profile WWW
Game Master

the 'next' SSB if there is one (The devs have tried to make the last three each the last one) won't be until the next console generation. you know how nintendo is.

Characters

Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:21 pm

Sure this one will be the last one. I will believe it when I see it.

On another note, part of me wants a Paper Mario game like the first two that had partners in it.

Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:42 pm

Been playing Adventures of Lolo/Egger Land lately. It's a great series of puzzlers and I highly recommend them if you have some time to kill solving unique shove puzzles.

Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:09 pm

Been playing a bit of Gears of War 5 with my brother. There's quite a bit of trial and error when it comes to certain challenges. What's neat is that there's much more incentive to explore different places than previous entries, this time better versions of weapons and components to improve your robot companion are hidden away.

Icon by ChaokoCartoons

Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:13 pm
Profile WWW

D-Rock Wrote:
Been playing a bit of Gears of War 5 with my brother. There's quite a bit of trial and error when it comes to certain challenges. What's neat is that there's much more incentive to explore different places than previous entries, this time better versions of weapons and components to improve your robot companion are hidden away.

Been seeing stuff about Gears 5, but I haven't played any of the previous games. Do you think it would be worth it to jump into the series with 5, or play a few of the previous games?

On a separate note, started playing rainbow six siege on my new pc.. turns out new and fancy hardware can't make up for a lack of skill. :/

Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:45 pm

While there is a "recap" movie in 5, definitely recommend the previous ones first.

Icon by ChaokoCartoons

Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:44 am
Profile WWW

TheSilverFox51 Wrote:
On a separate note, started playing rainbow six siege on my new pc.. turns out new and fancy hardware can't make up for a lack of skill. :/

Honestly I think the original Rainbow Six is better, but it doesn't matter to me that much since I'm not much of a shooter fan in general. I prefer to stick with JRPGs with alien cat people.

Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:52 pm

My brother an I just finished Gears of war 5.

You know, for a game series that has an incredibly visceral and gore-filled style, it does NOT hold back on the emotion.

Icon by ChaokoCartoons

Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:47 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 177, 178, 179, 180, 181