• Advertisement

Reply to topic  [ 7183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175 ... 180  Next
Discussion: Video Games 

Post Re: Discussion: Video Games
For Fire Emblem, I have never played a game from that series (yet), so no.

For Smash, HECK YEAH!!!

Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:07 pm

On Smash Bros, OH GOD YES.
On Fire Emblem, I’ll wait and see. I really liked Fates, so I’m hoping it’s like that.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?

Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:52 am

I haven't played a Fire Emblem game all the way through since Path of Radiance on the Gamecube, so I can't say I'm excited about the new game. It'll probably be good, but I can't seem to get into the games as much anymore. For Smash, though? I am sooooooooo hype. I need to save up some money so I can get one of the Switch bundles that will no doubt be a thing when it drops; if not, I'll just have to invade my friends' house and play with them on their Switch. :P

Edit: Also, I think a question we haven't actually seen in this thread yet is whether anyone is enjoying or wanting to play the newest Mario Party. I haven't heard anything about Mario Party since 4 and 5 on the Gamecube; general consensus seems to be that they basically stopped being good after that. I never played 6 and beyond, so I wouldn't know, but a lot of people are playing the new one on Youtube, and people seem to think it looks really good.

The more I watch, though, the more I'm feeling indifferent about it. Like, they added a ton of new characters: Goomba, Boo, Bowser Jr. and even Bowser (which is both awesome and terrible at the same time, imo), and the mini-games look interesting. However, the games--while interesting--don't look like the kind of games I generally liked in the Mario Party games, and the maps just look... bleh. Way too small, the loss of Bowser spaces takes away a lot of the sense of suspense and danger, and at least on the beach one that lots of people have been playing they force you to land on very specific spaces just to move around the map, which I don't like at all. I dunno. I think I'd rather just break out my N64 or GC and play one of the first 5 games.

Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:17 am

I've heard mostly great things about the newest Mario Party. Heard only bad things about the previous two games.

Honestly, my favorite minigames from the N64 games was Face Lift, Hot Rope Jump, and that one game where you outline a character with a jackhammer, don't remember what it was called.

Icon by ChaokoCartoons

Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:36 am
Profile WWW
Game Master

i really started to dislike the fire emblem games part way through the 2nd one I played because the needlessly cheap and punishing combination of their 'no mistakes allowed ever' save system and mid battle enemy spawn could be. unless you play through the campaign twice and write down where every spawn point is and what turn it triggers on the first time through, you basically need to be precognitive to avoid regular casualties.

Characters

Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:04 pm

Buster Wrote:
i really started to dislike the fire emblem games part way through the 2nd one I played because the needlessly cheap and punishing combination of their 'no mistakes allowed ever' save system and mid battle enemy spawn could be. unless you play through the campaign twice and write down where every spawn point is and what turn it triggers on the first time through, you basically need to be precognitive to avoid regular casualties.

In later games that only becomes a problem if you play on the hardest difficulty. On normal and below, your fallen units (baring those that die for story reasons) come back after the battle is over. Doesn’t make the healers any less difficult to level up, since the enemies always prioritize them, but at least it doesn’t get as bad as hard mode, where you are correct about needing precognitive powers to survive.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?

Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:04 pm

Buster Wrote:

Out of curiousity, what was your second one? Some fire emblem games are notably harder than others

Also, we okay talking about leaks here or the recent grinch link for smash allowed (that’s its name, don’t worry, he only stole Christmas not a slot for another character)

Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:38 pm
Game Master

I owned Fire Emblem (GBA), and Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones.

Characters

Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:27 pm

Buster Wrote:
I owned Fire Emblem (GBA), and Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones.

Yeah, those are HARSH compared to the recent games. I think Fates might be more up your alley, though be warned that in the Conquest route, you don’t have any options to grind unless you buy a DLC map.

Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:12 am

I never had any trouble with Sacred Stones because the first floor of the Tower of Valni was too easy to exploit for a ton of levels from relatively early in the game, but I can see how it'd be rough if you played it through without abusing that. The first game on the GBA could be absolutely brutal at times, though. Fortunately, I played it at a time in my life when I had no life, so I could afford to play through entire levels multiple times over to ensure I was prepared for reinforcements and whatnot. I could've just let certain characters die, but I always hated losing characters so I would just reset and try again if someone ever died. I think I beat Sacred Stones at least twice, and I beat both the Eliwood and Hector campaigns on both normal and hard modes in the first game. I loved it so much. Easily in my top 10 favorite games I've ever played.

Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:46 pm

So i been enjoying Maple Story 2 since it hit Steam this month and it got me thinking - this mightbe the best free MMO for players to play on for casual and social members of this place. I decided to make a guild on here for anyone that's interested. Eastern servers - Completely social guild and you don't even have to be on all day to have fun. very laid back. If you are ever interested, send me a PM in this game. We have chickens. (thanks to Advisor Damien for the guild icon)

Attachments:
MapleStoryGuild.png
MapleStoryGuild.png [ 242.07 KiB | Viewed 3744 times ]

Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:15 pm

... so that smash direct... anyone else not even sure how to feel about that 40 minutes shared with us?

Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:58 am

I know how I feel.
TABUU JUST PULLED A THANOS ON THE CAST!!! SUBSPACE BOSSES ARE BACK!!! A POTTED PLANT IS NOW A FIGHTER!!! I CAN’T TELL IF I’M MORE CONFUSED OR EXCITED!!!

Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:14 pm

Aaaa is an appropriate response... but right now screaming is not something I can do. There were 4 good additions to focus on I think, also could really enjoy guessing who the 5 dlc characters will be, I actually do have 4 guesses due to the music and stages thing at least suggesting each would represent a different series and have at least a few songs rather than just the one or two characters like duck hunt would bring with them

Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:23 pm
Bringing Foxy Back

There is going to be so much content in this game and I'm in awe. There will be so much replayability and I love it.

Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:25 pm
Profile WWW

I'm totally buying all of the smash content.

Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:42 pm

GameCobra Wrote:
I'm totally buying all of the smash content.

Same. I am going to buy all the things. Also, who do you hope the DLC fighters will be? I’m kinda hoping for Raiden, so we can have some revengence songs on the soundtrack.

Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:54 pm

Ken reveal: "This is cool, kinda figured, but neat nonetheless."
Incineroar: "Okay, that's neat, even if I didn't get into the Sun/Moon series."
Piranha Plant: I kid you not, this was my literal reaction.

All-in-all, the hype is only getting higher!

And that story mode looks promising! Kirby gets a lot of love from his daddy, doesn't he? :lol: I am a bit sad that trophies aren't coming back, but I actually enjoyed the sticker system in Subspace, so this new Spirits mode looks like it could be fun.

Icon by ChaokoCartoons

Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:10 pm
Profile WWW

Someone already made an Infinity War version of the new trailer. And it’s....... actually pretty good.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:31 am
Bringing Foxy Back

Even if I wasn't into Pokémon, which I totally am, I'd be super happy about Incineroar if for no other reason than that it's both a professional wrestler and a furry.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:24 pm
Profile WWW

Speaking of Pokemon, some type combinations I just don't get. Like basically anything that is Normal and has a different type. Why not just make them the full on secondary type. I was confused in generation II when Girafarig came out as a Normal/Psychic type. I do get it with Flying-types though who have no other typing being classified as Normal-types though because they are just "normal" birds. It especially annoys me seeing as Clefairy is now a pure Fairy type but its cousin Jigglypuff is still Normal and has a secondary Fairy-typing.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:40 am

Smash really gotta get here soon. lkjalkdsfjlkjesr

I need my Belmonts and Koopas and Ridleys and Pokemonz and violins and robots and robots that play Violins with pokemon named after Belmont.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:08 pm

I've beaten about half of the kingdom hearts series, 1, 2, Ventus's and Terra's story in birth by sleep, and dream drop distance, oh also fragmentary passage

Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:39 pm

I've beaten 1, 2, Sora's half of Chain of Memories, and 358/2 Days. Definitely getting three when it's released, though. :D

And maybe they'll be able to port the collections to Xbox?

Icon by ChaokoCartoons

Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:07 pm
Profile WWW
Game Master

honestly i'd be happy if the switch just got a proper metroid game and a proper starfox game. and no clunky motion aiming that constantly drifts out of alignment this time.

Characters

Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:34 pm

Let's see what Metroid Prime 4 has in store, then. And let's see if the original Metroid makes it to the NES library on the Switch. Or maybe it has, haven't been playing the Switch in a long while. Work has been draining.

Side note, I enjoyed Starlink: Battle for Atlas. Played as Fox the whole time. His pilot ability was just too fun. Though I did end up overleveling and wiping the floor with the final boss. Maybe I'll try the hard mode next.

Icon by ChaokoCartoons

Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:39 pm
Profile WWW
Game Master

D-Rock Wrote:
And let's see if the original Metroid makes it to the NES library on the Switch.
why? i already own the real thing, as well as have a copy built into zero mission.

it has not aged well.

also regarding starlink, can it be played as-is, or do you need online nonsense like accounts to ubi_____ services?

Characters

Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:41 pm

Ubisoft account is an optional thing. making one gives you mods for your ship, which act as equipment. I never did that. The whole game can be beaten with just the starter pack if your good enough. I got the physical version because I really wanted that Arwing. Just note that the Switch version has a Day 1 update, and a pretty big one at that. :( I don't have the greatest of connections, so it took way too long to update. Apparently the entire game didn't fit on the cartridge.

Also, nowhere did I see that to use the digital versions of the ship and weapons that come with the Switch starter pack, you have to disconnect from the ship mount and use the regular control mount.

Icon by ChaokoCartoons

Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:48 pm
Profile WWW

I think my favorite quote about the new Super Smash Bros game came from the SSB thread on Spacebattles.
“There's a reason WoL was memed as Kirby's slightly unusual Thursday.”
Because when you think about it, Galeem is nothing new to the pink puffball. He deals with something like this almost every game.

Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:33 am
Game Master

considering that's one of the seemingly only two kinds of 'Big Bads' HAL seem to know how to make, it really does not surprise me in the slightest.

Characters

Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:34 pm

Tried Dark souls remastered and it seems harder than skyrim

Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:28 pm

I hate Undertale's genocide route, not because it is cruel and involves killing dogs, but because the bosses are unfair *cough cough* Undyne, Sans. *cough cough*

Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:32 pm

Being evil takes effort. I couldn't go through the genocide route because of how dang tedious it is.

Icon by ChaokoCartoons

Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:44 pm
Profile WWW
Game Master

it's an interesting concept and has by far the most fun battles, i would have preferred if i could have face opponents who were actually trying on the other routes though. the rest of the game is still too easy.

Characters

Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:18 am

My favorite part of Undertale is the music. While Megalovania is the one that gets all the memes, I think songs like Bergentrückung, Finale, and Death by Glamour are much more entertaining to listen to. The “sequel” Deltarune has some amazing tracks too, with my top three being Chaos King, Vs Susie, and Field of Hopes and Dreams.

Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:24 am

D-Rock Wrote:
I've beaten 1, 2, Sora's half of Chain of Memories, and 358/2 Days. Definitely getting three when it's released, though. :D

More power to you for beating Chain of Memories. I've never been able to finish it. It's just such a bad combat system. I've beaten 1 and 2 at least three times. I'm even one of the top 1500 players on Union Cross.

Last edited by fenrirblack on Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:05 pm
Profile WWW
Game Master

you made it further than me. while i never took any issue with the story or game play, i got about twenty minutes into 1, got fed up with Disney's contributions to the cast and character aesthetics, and abandoned the series never to look back.

Characters

Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:10 am

Maybe now that some time has passed you can go back and try the game again to see if your feelings have changed?

Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:58 pm

Kingdom Hearts was my first exposure to Final Fantasy, really.

Icon by ChaokoCartoons

Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:57 pm
Profile WWW

Amazee Dayzee Wrote:
Maybe now that some time has passed you can go back and try the game again to see if your feelings have changed?

I don’t know, the first game has not aged well. I’d recommend Birth by Sleep instead. It has a relatively self contained story, and has some of my favorite gameplay in the whole series. Just do yourself a favor and look up how to meld the ability EXP walker. Trust me, it is worth the hassle.

Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175 ... 180  Next