Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Kyuunado

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by Kyuunado »

Because I never bought any and everyone else was basically immortal, especially with premium on the online servers.
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Oh yeah by the way for anyone that is in the US in this thread, Papa Johns are having an E-sports campaign of sorts where if you order through one of the portraits you get 50% off your order!
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

That's cool, thanks for letting us know!

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

Am I the only one who sees the benefit of the doubt with these consoles here?? /=I
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I give consoles the benefit of the doubt. Nothing I've seen makes me excited for the Xbox One but that doesn't mean the games won't. That's all yet to be seen.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Liam

Post by Liam »

Let's see if Ouya's release next month shakes things up in the console sector.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:Because I never bought any and everyone else was basically immortal, especially with premium on the online servers.
...Really? TF2 guns are all attainable through good luck when playing the game, and none of them are over-powered at all. I find myself constantly using the default weaponry. In any case, my ex' never spent a penny on the game and he had like 14 pages of weapons. I know I've not played the game for awhile, but I assume it's not changed since then.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

I remember Rick found and re-Tweety-ed a comment, and attached graphic, about how Playstation 4 is better than Xbox One because 4 is more than 1.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

44R0NM10 wrote:I know I've not played the game for awhile, but I assume it's not changed since then.
They got rid of the Fancy Fedora and a few other items in January. Can't find them, but I think you can uncrate them. They're Vintage now, if you do manage to uncrate them.

Refined Metal's value has dropped significantly, and an Unusual Team Captain goes for $400 now, instead of $1200.

They refined the drop system a little bit more, too.

But I haven't spent a penny on anything, I think I have two and a half pages of items in 40 hours of gameplay total. c: Not bad.
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Silly Zealot wrote:I remember Rick found and re-Tweety-ed a comment, and attached graphic, about how Playstation 4 is better than Xbox One because 4 is more than 1.
Well yeah. That's also why the Xbox 360 was better than the Playstation 3, and the Playstation 2 was better than the Gamecube and Xbox.

The Xbox 360 was actually the best console since the Atari days, with the Nintendo 64 bringing up second.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
TarkaTarquol

Post by TarkaTarquol »

Funny how the universe works that stuff out, eh? That's just hilarious, though. (360 better than PS3, though? Ehn... Jury's still out on that, at least in my mind)
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

I laugh at the Xbox One. And think about how confusing it'll be to future players? I can just see some kid trying to play Xbox One games on an old Xbox.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

44R0NM10 wrote: In any case, my ex' never spent a penny on the game and he had like 14 pages of weapons. I know I've not played the game for awhile, but I assume it's not changed since then.
"Free to play" chums only get to have several pages worth of space for items after they buy at least one item from the online store. How did your ex-boyfriend manage to get so much room without paying anything?
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

He most likely bought something on steam? As far as I know, that's how you get access to most of the features on steam and in their own games! (Dota 2, tf2 etc!)
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Tiggy wrote:He most likely bought something on steam? As far as I know, that's how you get access to most of the features on steam and in their own games! (Dota 2, tf2 etc!)
But he "didn't spend a penny" on it! I also downloaded the game from steam, and only got one page worth of space.
The game is awesomelly hilarious, though, which reminds me of this:
http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/785

Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Silly Zealot wrote:
Tiggy wrote:He most likely bought something on steam? As far as I know, that's how you get access to most of the features on steam and in their own games! (Dota 2, tf2 etc!)
But he "didn't spend a penny" on it! I also downloaded the game from steam, and only got one page worth of space.
The game is awesomelly hilarious, though, which reminds me of this:
http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/785
Doesn't mean he didn't buy another game and get tf2 stuff from it~
Liam

Post by Liam »

Tha Housefox wrote:I laugh at the Xbox One. And think about how confusing it'll be to future players? I can just see some kid trying to play Xbox One games on an old Xbox.
I see potential for fraud in this. Amoral vendors can claim to have delivered the right product if they offered an Xbox 1...
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

It couldn't be worse than the original scam of selling x-shaped boxes, boxes with an "X", and boxes filled with x-shaped fridge magnets and soup letters.

angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

This game looks good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRp3xxt7pt8
It's on sale on steam. I think I'll buy it on Monday since I can't go to the bank until then.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

angelusbr wrote:This game looks good
It's on sale on steam. I think I'll buy it on Monday since I can't go to the bank until then.
Incredible animation!

On an unrelated note, I want to join the Galactic Empire! Today!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7bmXywWus8

Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

I saw an ad for that saying it was coming to Steam and it looked amazing; that gameplay footage makes me want it more! I didn't know it was made by one person though! :shock:
Feel like you need a friend? I'm happy to talk anytime! :D

I'm on DeviantArt now!
Currently working on: "The Warriors" Book
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Ive played the Xbox version; It is amazing you really should get it. I mean its only 13.49 though Monday, that is a steal considering the Xbox version was 20 bucks and that was well worth it. Its so good I even bought the Steam version its very rare that a modern game is good enough for me to buy twice
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Dust is a cool game, and pretty funny

So, I have been playing a lot of Bioshock Infinite. It is a lot of fun! I have one issue though, the 2 weapon loadout. It just seems odd to me, but it does let me choose what I really like to use, so I guess its okay
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Mickey the Luxray

I think the 2-weapon loadout is essential to the feeling of awesome you get from playing the game. Since you don't carry a lot of weapons, they give you a lot more ammo for the ones you have. That means that you get to keep your favorite guns the entire game! That's what happened to me- Shotgun and Sniper Rifle was my loadout 95% of the possible time I had it the last time I played through. Only time I changed was at the end when my shotgun ran out of ammo, so I picked up a Hand Cannon instead. I managed to find more shotguns, though. So that went well for me.

If you do use the Shotgun often... NEVER, EVER EVER get the Cone Upgrade. It was by and far the WORST decision I made going through the last time. It made the Shotgun useless at even medium-close range- they don't tell you that while the cone gets wider, the amount of pellets shot (and therefore damage done) doesn't increase, so the damage dropoff is super steep.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Just to answer that 44ronm10, luck and time to play is never something I seem to have. I have the Brass Beast and the Tomislav but that's the best I got.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

You know one of the best things about Star Wars: The Old Republic?
Every time the general chat's conversation is getting irated, you can just caps lock and type "JAWA MOVIE PUNS, BEGIN!" and, as one, all the players will put their collective effort together to provide a leviathanic barrage of satirized movie titles the likes of "Tusken raider and the seven jawas." or "Dude, where is my jawa?"

I actually was playing the game the other day, and called my younger brother saying: "Hey, I want to show one of the greatest SWTOR traditions!" And then typed one or two jawa movie titles. The ensuing bombardment was the greatest one I've ever seen to this day.
We laughed our heads off with the ever increasing and fast paced stream of pun-ishment, and gave each other a complimentary high-five. Our laughter reached a cresendo when one of the newly appeared players wrote: "Of course, come to Coruscant for the first time and this thing is happening."

This story has a moral: We need something like that on the forums.

Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

I hope its not rude to interrupt the discussion for a brief question:

Does anybody here play Starcraft 2: Heart of the swarm?
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

Don't worry too much about interrupting discussions, Hukley. The best thing about a forum is that you can have multiple discussions at the same time! :) In answer to your question, unfortunately no. I keep thinking I'd probably like Starcraft but I have yet to get into it. *shrug*
Silly Zealot wrote:You know one of the best things about Star Wars: The Old Republic?
Every time the general chat's conversation is getting irated, you can just caps lock and type "JAWA MOVIE PUNS, BEGIN!" and, as one, all the players will put their collective effort together to provide a leviathanic barrage of satirized movie titles the likes of "Tusken raider and the seven jawas." or "Dude, where is my jawa?"

I actually was playing the game the other day, and called my younger brother saying: "Hey, I want to show one of the greatest SWTOR traditions!" And then typed one or two jawa movie titles. The ensuing bombardment was the greatest one I've ever seen to this day.
We laughed our heads off with the ever increasing and fast paced stream of pun-ishment, and gave each other a complimentary high-five. Our laughter reached a cresendo when one of the newly appeared players wrote: "Of course, come to Coruscant for the first time and this thing is happening."

This story has a moral: We need something like that on the forums.
That's awesome! I would've thought the fanboyish nature surrounding Star Wars would only cripple the multiplayer aspect of the MMORPG, but that's the best anger deterrent I've ever seen and put to the best possible use.

Discussions don't really get that heated here so it's not really necessary for that purpose (not to mention they used to yell BACON! whenever the conversation got slow and a little while ago the mods asked for people not to do that) but it'd be a hoot to have as a forum game. I'll make the topic now if it hasn't already been done.

Brb guyz...

EDIT: Back.

I'm on DeviantArt now!
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Hukley wrote:I hope its not rude to interrupt the discussion for a brief question:

I do. It's a fun game, although my skill levels is silver-gold.
Also, my main is as a zerg.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Full version of Touhou 13.5 is out. Trial version of Touhou 14 is also out.

That is all :3

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Smash brothers on 3DS is going to be revealed properly at E3, just so you know.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Nyaliva wrote:Discussions don't really get that heated here so it's not really necessary for that purpose (not to mention they used to yell BACON! whenever the conversation got slow and a little while ago the mods asked for people not to do that) but it'd be a hoot to have as a forum game.
Shivers me timbers! They randomly rant about bacon in SWTOR too! I think that even precedes the jawa puns (although it is not nearly as popular)!
Hukley wrote:I hope its not rude to interrupt the discussion for a brief question:

I saw the cutscenes on youtube (mea culpa). The ending was quite shocking: That character (you know the one) walking on the edge of a knife, with us waiting to see what would be their fate over seven years. And now, with much anticipation, struggle, and a decisive and sudden blow, they're gone!
It will leave a great hollow in the hearts (pun intended) of many fans.
Last edited by Silly Zealot on Mon May 27, 2013 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Mickey the Luxray wrote:I think the 2-weapon loadout is essential to the feeling of awesome you get from playing the game
I disagree with that. Here's the thing, in the first game, you carried a lot of weapons, in the second game, you had a lot of different weapons to choose from. I don't like the way this one changes it up, change is good, I like the new powers you get, those are awesome. Here, you have two weapons and that is all. I absolutely hate it, and it removed the other kinds of ammo, that's annoying to me, it would have been nice, the story, characters are interesting, and the setting is really nice. The actual combat is dumbed down, and I do not like that.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Scaling back a wee bit, does anyone play any shooting games on Wii? If you do PM me and I will add you. Feel like making a HP gaming group or a "clan" if people still call it that.
Mickey the Luxray

The Grey Wolverine wrote:The actual combat is dumbed down, and I do not like that.
If the combat was like Syndicate's... I'd be so happy. Syndicate has my favorite combat system. TF2 is close behind, despite it being a war-themed hat simulator.
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

angelusbr wrote:

I do. It's a fun game, although my skill levels is silver-gold.
Also, my main is as a zerg.
My Race is Terran. I used to be a decent platin-player but since I don't play too much anymore, I found myself in the gold-league.

If you like, we could play a game sometime :)
Silly Zealot wrote: I saw the cutscenes on youtube (mea culpa). The ending was quite shocking: That character (you know the one) walking on the edge of a knife, with us waiting to see what would be their fate over seven years. And now, with much anticipation struggle, and decisive and sudden blow, they're gone!
It will leave a great hollow in the hearts (pun intended) of many fans.
Well, I'm quite satisfied with the ending and looking forward to an epic third expansion :D
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:Smash brothers on 3DS is going to be revealed properly at E3, just so you know.
I'm not sure how I feel about a portable SSB. I may just get the Wii U version and call it a day.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I can't think of any new characters they could add in that would be decent. It's only Nintendo characters with one or two special guests, or lots of pokemon, starfox and fire emblem characters.

Definatly worth getting though.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Sleet wrote:
Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:Smash brothers on 3DS is going to be revealed properly at E3, just so you know.
I'm not sure how I feel about a portable SSB. I may just get the Wii U version and call it a day.
I don't want a Wii-U because of the cost, although may get a 3DS if it goes down cheap enough. I still think the 3DS looks painful to play for long periods of time with the 3D and the sharp edges, but I played so much Brawl...it'd be worth it.
Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

I've honestly never had a problem with the sharpness of the corners on my 3DS and I've got above average sized hands. I would purport that having smaller hands might be more likely to be hurt by the corners but considering the 3DS is aimed at kids, that theory goes out the window...unless having small hands for an adult but large hands for a kid are just in the exact right place to get stabbed. *shrug*

Still, you could get the 3DS XL. It's bigger and the corners look less sharp. Also I don't know that anyone would use the 3D for very long so don't think too hard about it when making your decision.

I'm on DeviantArt now!