Reply to topic  [ 5987 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 150  Next
Discussion: Video Games 

Post Re: Discussion: Video Games
Anyone that likes speed running video games and especially Mario 64 should know that Siglemic just got the world record for 120 stars finishing in 1:44:52 (Previous Record was 1:45:38, for comparison). Getting his goal of getting a 1:44 time; which is pretty close to perfect in that game for a non Tool Assisted Speed Run. Speculation is that a perfect human time with current route is in the low 1:44's or very high 1:43's that's how good that run was.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:02 pm
Bringing Foxy Back

That's pretty awesome! I have a friend who likes speed running games like that but he's not nearly that good.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:23 pm
Profile WWW

I could never speed run a game, I like taking my time to enjoy it. I see high playtimes as sort of a badge of honor.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:46 am

Dubiousity wrote:
I could never speed run a game, I like taking my time to enjoy it. I see high playtimes as sort of a badge of honor.

The thing is when you speedrun a game you end up getting a very high over all playtime anyway since you need to practice playing and beating the game again and again and again to get a really low speed run time; and depending on the game you might end up playing it for a few hours every day for months on end.

Also to plug a Charity Event Team Sp00ky/Speed Runs Live Kings of Poverty Charity Stream For September 2nd and 3rd Team Sp00ky (best known for their Fighting Game Streams) and Speed Runs Live (Known for a bunch of people streaming speed run practice and world records on just about any game) are teaming up to raise money for RAINN. Normally I make these their own topic but I feel like they don't get enough attention so I'm putting it in here.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:49 am
Bringing Foxy Back

You typically don't speedrun a game until after you've played through it normally.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:00 pm
Profile WWW

I've never actually watched them do a speedrun stream, but I've watched the tournaments they handle all the time.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:33 pm

Whelp seeing as this is a gaming forum i might as well anounce that the next Skyrim DLC is out on Tuesday for xbox live (hehe) for 400msp :)

Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:06 am

Sleet wrote:
You typically don't speedrun a game until after you've played through it normally.

I'm aware.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't want to take my time on playthroughs after the first.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:22 am
Bringing Foxy Back

I can see the fun in it. I had a blast having a speed run race with a group of friends in Luigi's Mansion.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:14 am
Profile WWW

I love Luigi's mansion! I make it a habit to try and beat it in one night on Halloween, however I usually have to visit family or Halloween is on a school night.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:35 pm
Bringing Foxy Back

I'm pretty excited for the sequel.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:41 pm
Profile WWW

Black Mesa (Improved version of half life 1) is green light!
And It's free. Wanderer, you should give it a try

Last edited bytexascat018 on empty void of time

Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:10 pm

IceKitsune wrote:
Anyone that likes speed running video games and especially Mario 64 should know that Siglemic just got the world record for 120 stars finishing in 1:44:52 (Previous Record was 1:45:38, for comparison). Getting his goal of getting a 1:44 time; which is pretty close to perfect in that game for a non Tool Assisted Speed Run. Speculation is that a perfect human time with current route is in the low 1:44's or very high 1:43's that's how good that run was.

Oh man watching those runs is intense, once it gets down to the end. I watched him fail a few runs that would have had times around that a few weeks back.

There was also the Cosmowright guy that set his world record a few times for Wind Waker. After he set the latest record, he said he wouldn't be playing as much since he would be unlikely to improve it much past that until someone finds a new glitch that allows a lesser time without requiring perfection.

Definitely fun stuff to watch

Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:30 pm

Daggy wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:

Oh man watching those runs is intense, once it gets down to the end. I watched him fail a few runs that would have had times around that a few weeks back.

There was also the Cosmowright guy that set his world record a few times for Wind Waker. After he set the latest record, he said he wouldn't be playing as much since he would be unlikely to improve it much past that until someone finds a new glitch that allows a lesser time without requiring perfection.

Definitely fun stuff to watch

Oh yeah some how I forgot about Cosmos improvement of Windwaker (Japanese with Tingle Tuner: 4:58:55), and I watched basically all of it. (I think I caught it little bit after the first temple or something) Same with Werster's improvement of Pokemon Yellow (2:02 in game time/2:04:06 Real Time) which I watched from end of Mt. Moon on. Those are both great runs and I completely agree Speed Runs are so much fun to watch.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:05 am

texascat018 wrote:
Black Mesa (Improved version of half life 1) is green light!
And It's free. Wanderer, you should give it a try

Everyone needs to play through Half Life. and I mean even the last set of levels that are, mediocre at best.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:08 am

The Marathon just raised their goal of 10,000 dollars! Thanks to everyone who may have donated.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:27 am

I really like this game.

The game is great, and everything looks amazing. I suggest gw2 to anyone that likes a good MMO :P

Daggy wrote:
Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW

Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:52 am

So the Singularity multiplayer servers are basically dead, can't say I'm surprised really.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:33 pm

Guild Wars 2, I will have to say is alright, but it sure is not the best thing ever for me. Still so many bugs and so many noticeable unbalances. However, the scenery in the game is good. I just wish there was more customization for battling like in the first game. ^^;

(Aqua's drawing of Flint!)

Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:17 am

anyone want portal2 75% off coupon?

Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:16 pm

So, I just got Okami for the Wii. I'm not a really big gamer, but I'm excited over this.

I've seen a play through of it, but haven't actually played it myself. Has anyone here actually played it before?

JeffCvt is a copyright of jeffcvt inc. and not to be reproduced without the express written consent of CBS and jeff cvt.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:57 pm
Mr. Sunshine

JeffCvt wrote:
So, I just got Okami for the Wii. I'm not a really big gamer, but I'm excited over this.

I've seen a play through of it, but haven't actually played it myself. Has anyone here actually played it before?

I played the PS2 version a long time ago. It was so breathtaking and fun, and now I kinda want to play it again. cslkjahfa

Oh well. Be happy you have ittttt.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:20 pm
Profile WWW
Bringing Foxy Back

I've played it. It's gorgeous. The art and music are amazing and the characters are great. The gameplay is also really, really good for a Zelda clone. It's good enough that you don't even care that it's not super-original.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:23 pm
Profile WWW

Its a ton of fun, and I wish that Okami Den was on the Wii, I don't own a DS people!

Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:08 pm

I keep forgetting that's on my mental list of DS games to get eventually. I just finished Super Mario 3D Land 100% (I tell yah, that game sucks the SOUL out of you!) and now I'm playing Ocarina of Time.

I'm on DeviantArt now!
Currently working on: "The Warriors" Book

Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:54 am

Got it for my Wii too. I still can't believe i didn't beat it yet due to my time constraints. Maybe someday :(

Marvel Vs. Capcom Origins is looking awesome. <3

Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:08 am

anyone remember putt putt, or am I just odd?

Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:07 pm

Don't remind me of putt putt.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:37 pm

I remember seeing ads for Putt Putt games every time I played Freddie Fish or Pajama Sam, but I never played a Putt Putt game itself (aside from a super short demo that came with one of my other games).

Man. Now there's some nostalgia. I feel like playing through the Pajama Sam games again.

| It's an INSANITY thing; you wouldn't understand. |

Ponies.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:14 pm

I used to have blues clues video game, and the objective of game was to collect all the newspaper; I was never able to.
now that I think of it I really ought to finish that off, there is so much videogames that I was never able to beat when I was young. I'm doing nostalgia videogame run this weekend.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:32 pm

my mother found someone with a perfectly good SNES and bought it for $25 along with Earthworm Jim, Earthworm Jim 2, and King of the Monsters.

King of the Monsters brought back so many good wrestling memories ;_;

EarthWorm Jim? Played it on Genesis, but not SNES. Still pretty cool though, but the game's graphics are not as good. still, it's nonetheless fun to play.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:32 pm

my friends and I are planning to play whole lists of earth worm Jim someday. What is SENS?
from what I heard, Spyro is also big nostalgia for everyone out there, but not me I never played it before.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:44 pm

Putt Putt Joins the Parade and Putt Putts Balloon-o-Rama were a big part of my childhood.
ImageImageImageImage
Among many others. The Learning Company was actually my favorite gaming company for a long time. XP

Jump Start games, Treasure Mathstorm, Scooter's Magic Castle, Number Munch, Math Blaster, Organ Trail (Actually hated that one when I grew up), Pretty much every Super Solver game. Spellbound helped me pass my spelling tests. ^^
Gahh, I kinda miss the old computer games. So simple yet so fun! It's great to have memories of them. Hehe.

Last edited by FlintTheSquirrel on Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:17 am

SNES = Super Nintendo!

Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:20 am

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:
The Learning Company was actually my favorite gaming company for a long time. XP

Same! Between Operation Neptune, Amazon Trail, the Reader Rabbit games, and Mission: T.H.I.N.K., The Learning Company practically owned my childhood game time for a good while. XD

| It's an INSANITY thing; you wouldn't understand. |

Ponies.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:40 am

I should have nostalgia, instead it only reminds me that I played all those educational games back then. Thus it induces rage.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:35 am

KJOokami wrote:
The Reader Rabbit games, and Mission: T.H.I.N.K.
Ohh Mission T.H.I.N.K. was so much fun. ^^ I also have some memories of Reading Rabbit, but I always have a hard time distinquishing him from the Jump Start games. Hehe.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:22 am
Former Mod of the Aura

you guys played educational games as a kid? Fair enough, my cousin did the same.

I lived in Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Tekken and in the later years (I still call it me being a kid) Dynasty Warriors and Kingdom Hearts. I was born in he PlayStation era, and honestly I'm glad I got the PlayStation over N64. I own both now, and a couple of the best games for N64 (Turok Seeds of Evil, F-zero, Diddy Kong Racing and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time (This game was much, much better on the Gamecube simply due to the controller in my oppinion)).

PF - Brill

Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:31 am
Profile WWW
Bringing Foxy Back

Did The Incredible Machine count as educational? I adored that game.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:02 am
Profile WWW

Ohh boo. Growing up with education games was great. ^^ But off of the computer, I grew up near the end of the Console Wars Era. Had an NES, SNES, and Genesis.

Sleet: I don't think so based on these pictures. It looks like a puzzle game more so than teaching you anything.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 5987 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 150  Next