Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

fenrirblack

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by fenrirblack »

You have to roll with the Final Fantasy Characters. I mean I didn't know who any of them are or what games they're from. I know Cloud is from 7? Either way I just get through the parts with them then move on since they really don't have a major role anyway. It's like Dream Drop Distance, I never played TWEWY and had no clue who anyone was but I went with it because it was only for one world. And they made it interesting. Just knowing that they are from TWEWY made it special in a way.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

DID YOU JUST INSULT KINGDOM HEARTS ONE? BURN THEM AT THE STAKE! AND BIRTH BY SLEEP IS NOT A REPLACEMENT!
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Hawkfang42 wrote:DID YOU JUST INSULT KINGDOM HEARTS ONE? BURN THEM AT THE STAKE! AND BIRTH BY SLEEP IS NOT A REPLACEMENT!
Dude. Calm down. If Buster doesn’t like Disney for whatever reason, that’s her right. And if I think Birth by Sleep is better than 1, that’s my right.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Yeah, calm down. And it's not rare for the first entry to not hold over time. The first one is usually the roughest in terms of mechanics.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I will admit in recent years Disney has been kind of meh for me but then again I don't tend to watch a lot of cartoons anymore. I do have to say I'm a bit annoyed at what they did to "Xiaolin Chronicles" and I have seen some new Pokemon screenshots from it and the art style is too different for me.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Still better than Chain of Memories. Honestly, better than Re:Coded too.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

Since KH is the topic of the hour, I figured I'd let ya'll know that the YouTube channel PlayFrame is doing an in depth let's play series of all the games in story order. So he's done KH1, CoM, and is now about halfway through KH2.

If anyone's interested here's the playlist.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Hawkfang42 wrote:BURN THEM AT THE STAKE!
expressing a desire to have no further interaction with someone over a significant enough difference of opinion, i can understand. however expressing a desire to see someone harmed is excessive.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

I think that was supposed to be hyperbolic.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah it was probably meant to be a joke. I don't think he really wishes you harm. I'm sure you made jokes like that in the past also.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Y'all, when someone thinks that a comment directed at them is going a bit too far, that is usually not the time to try to explain the "joke". Regardless of whether it was meant to be a joke, that doesn't mean it can't be taking things too far as well.

As a note to Hawkfang, when you're new to a community, people don't know your intentions. Being loud and overkill may be really funny among your friends, but until we get to know you a little better, it's hard to tell if you're joking or being serious.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

As someone who has frequently had this problem I want to say that the all caps was overkill but at the same time obviously it was intended as a joke. Honestly the safe thing to do would to assume something like that is a joke (whether you're sure or not) for your own sake and so not to take it personally. Again the all caps was a bit much, if it was just normal caps then it would be easier to assume it was a joke. Like it's pointed out to me (more than once) emoji's help ;)

Also I want people's opinions on something, who wants Pridelands to be a world in KHIII?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

We have an environment we try to nurture.

Anyway, I'd be okay with a Pridelands world. If it made it in, you think it'll follow to the second Lion King movie? It'd likely require time to be weird, though. Maybe original story? Doubt that, honestly, as least not until the second visit, if there's a second visit. What I liked about Pridelands in KH2 was the absolutely broken way to grind after you beat the stories in that level. :lol:

I just didn't like that Drive forms were unable to be used. :x
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I'm not expecting it to be in there but fingers crossed.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I will admit in recent years Disney has been kind of meh for me but then again I don't tend to watch a lot of cartoons anymore. I do have to say I'm a bit annoyed at what they did to "Xiaolin Chronicles" and I have seen some new Pokemon screenshots from it and the art style is too different for me.
Out of curiousity, you seen that ducktales reboot? Love the updates to Webby and the triplets to make them more tolerable, and the writing on its own really makes it no surprise that they have people from the gravity falls team working on it.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Not really but honestly I preferred "Darkwing Duck". ;)

Also I think that when its their own properties, Disney is fine. When its another property, their version is too different from what the series original was.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Not really but honestly I preferred "Darkwing Duck". ;)

Also I think that when its their own properties, Disney is fine. When its another property, their version is too different from what the series original was.
Think there are some nice nods to the darkwing Duck series in ducktales... and some rumors they will try to remake it in the future on top of that. I get what you’re saying though as I don’t even get the point of the movie remakes even though my little sister keeps falling for them.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I think Kingdom Hearts 1 is still cool. It felt more RPGish than the other Kingdom Hearts. The newer ones are alot more anime =P

Also, i miss Donald being a real magician who could nuke an entire field of Heartless :(
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

It’s almost here.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Legotron123 wrote:It’s almost here.
Really as much as I’ll be happy when it’s out, it’s gonna be almost brutal waiting for Christmas before I can even think about playing it.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote:
Really as much as I’ll be happy when it’s out, it’s gonna be almost brutal waiting for Christmas before I can even think about playing it.
Aww, we're in the same boat. I have to wait for Christmas too. Mine arrives tomorrow then gets stuck under the tree. It's going to be painful on Twitter seeing everyone in the world post about it. The saddest part is that I don't really care about Smash that much but seeing everyone so hyped up it's hard not to fall into the mob mentality. I'm a first class racer but a terrible fighter.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:
Aww, we're in the same boat. I have to wait for Christmas too. Mine arrives tomorrow then gets stuck under the tree. It's going to be painful on Twitter seeing everyone in the world post about it. The saddest part is that I don't really care about Smash that much but seeing everyone so hyped up it's hard not to fall into the mob mentality. I'm a first class racer but a terrible fighter.
So captain falcon or sonic your main then?
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Bowser is my main. I'm excited about Incineroar so much that he's on my phone case right now. I never use Falcon and rarely use Sonic. I go for someone with a sword like Link or a heavy hitter. In the Wii U version I used Charizard a lot or Mii Sword Fighter.

Bowser is my main in tennis too. Mario Kart I go for Link. I have a type.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:Bowser is my main. I'm excited about Incineroar so much that he's on my phone case right now. I never use Falcon and rarely use Sonic. I go for someone with a sword like Link or a heavy hitter. In the Wii U version I used Charizard a lot or Mii Sword Fighter.

Ah a fellow furry whose happy about fighter #69. You happy the swordfighter will be a legit character in this game?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

We have Smash preordered from Amazon, so it should be delivered soon. Though the problem is, we never got a second set of joy con controllers. I'll be honest, sort of wished that they were sold in singles and in more varieties to mix and match favorite colors without spending a fortune.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

fenrirblack wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:Bowser is my main. I'm excited about Incineroar so much that he's on my phone case right now. I never use Falcon and rarely use Sonic. I go for someone with a sword like Link or a heavy hitter. In the Wii U version I used Charizard a lot or Mii Sword Fighter.

Ah a fellow furry whose happy about fighter #69. You happy the swordfighter will be a legit character in this game?
I was so happy to see Incineroar but the best parts were the reactions online. Everything from positive "My boy's in Smash" to "What they chose him instead of Decidueye!" I have nothing personal against Decidueye but he really is too close to Greninja to be in the game. Incineroar just made sense.
Yeah, it's nice to see it's getting more recognition.
D-Rock wrote:We have Smash preordered from Amazon, so it should be delivered soon. Though the problem is, we never got a second set of joy con controllers. I'll be honest, sort of wished that they were sold in singles and in more varieties to mix and match favorite colors without spending a fortune.
I understand the struggle. I want to get the pink and green ones so to convince my sister to play but they are so expensive. I have five. Gray, One red and blue, and the Zelda themed one from Hori.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

JOKER FROM PERSONA 5 IS THE FIRST DLC CHARACTER.

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Dang it! Lego beat me to it! This bodes well for the DLC though
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

He hasn't had a Nintendo release yet. I think. I don't think Persona Q2 is out yet, is it?

Still, I guess that's cool. I'd be much more excited if I played Persona 5. Now if it was Makoto or Yu, then I'd be ecstatic.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

That's really exciting or it would be if I cared about Persona or had any knowledge of it other than it exists. In other news Crash Team Racing is coming! That's something to be excited about.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:That's really exciting or it would be if I cared about Persona or had any knowledge of it other than it exists. In other news Crash Team Racing is coming! That's something to be excited about.
I should probably bring up, as you don’t care that much about fighters, I could care less about racers. All I really care about in Mario kart is that the blue shell ended up in smash
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I would like Smash more if I was better at it. I can press random buttons and jump around (thank you platforming games) but all the small technical skills like using the shield, catching the edge of the platform, flips, grabs, and combos are beyond me.
I want to try and get better which is also why I order Pokken DX for Christmas. I played the original and it was bad (I was terrible) so I gave up. Plus you can only play Mario Kart 8 so many times before every single track becomes redundant. I’m so glad both Sonic and Crash racing are coming.

*checks Twitter* it has begun.... :shock:
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

... you know Fen, while I would prefer Spyro, I think Crash has a better chance just due to whose more popular in Japan. You be hype if he gets in, as he’s honestly a strong contender for a spot just considering how much competition he was for Nintendo when the PlayStation first appeared
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I’m sure everyone’s seen it already, but that Kingdom Hearts 3 opening...there are no words.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

speaking of the Kingdom Hearts Three opening.
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Well I’m absolutely livid. Somehow my SSBU save got deleted, so now I have to do everything ALL OVER AGAIN. I’d unlocked all the fighters, practically beaten World of Light, and now it’s all gone.
EDIT: never mind. I was just on the wrong account.

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

aaand your posts have just gone from sounding like Omega's Japanese voiceover in my head to abridged freeza.

eenyhoo, any word on prime 4 yet? i haven't heard anything myself but i'm hoping i just missed an announcement...
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Man, Inkling is tough to play as. I'm gonna keep practicing. Hopefully it'll be rewarding!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Anyone want to challenge me in Smash Ultimate as I got some time to kill before the 7 day writing crunch that will begin December 20th? Switch code is in the Signature.
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I got a SNES classic today. I’m sad to say that I fell victim to the “they’re not be restocked” frenzy. I never really thought about getting one until the urge to play super Mario world overcame me. Playing it with my sister (30 yr old) is so sad. She is so bad at it even though be both grew up playing it.