Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

IceKitsune

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by IceKitsune »

If it didn't glitch out that is about all I can think that I missed, I must have forgotten one that was only 3 stars or something. It doesn't matter anyway it was on casual and I'll just do it again when I'm practicing for a 100% run of it, which I'm gonna do after I'm satisfied with my Any%.
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

IceKitsune wrote:If it didn't glitch out that is about all I can think that I missed, I must have forgotten one that was only 3 stars or something. It doesn't matter anyway it was on casual and I'll just do it again when I'm practicing for a 100% run of it, which I'm gonna do after I'm satisfied with my Any%.
Ewwww, why would you play on the lowest difficulty? Play on Hardcore!
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Right now I'm playing Dust on normal difficulty and I'm only about 25% done. I'm at a really tricky part right now and I'm struggling pretty bad lol. I'm not too good at games like that :/
Life is Music, and Music is Life
------------------
My songs: http://www.soundcloud.com/onevirtue

Check out my FA page too!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Dubiousity wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:If it didn't glitch out that is about all I can think that I missed, I must have forgotten one that was only 3 stars or something. It doesn't matter anyway it was on casual and I'll just do it again when I'm practicing for a 100% run of it, which I'm gonna do after I'm satisfied with my Any%.
Ewwww, why would you play on the lowest difficulty? Play on Hardcore!
To find every thing and not get controller throwing angry at the game that's why.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Clearly, IceKitsune and I have the same temperament. x3

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Back when i use to rent games, i played everygame on easy so i could beat it before the rental period.

Buying the game? I at least play on normal X3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Dissension wrote:Clearly, IceKitsune and I have the same temperament. x3
I believe you mean temperature :P *shot*
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

When I was younger I was never angered by videogames, but as I saw more and more friends throwing controllers in anger I picked up that bad habit. Luckily I only get angry once I lose a game 5 or 6 times in a row.
I like Pie!!!
Go ahead and send me a message, maybe we could talk about pie!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I rarely get angry at games but I was playing Kingdom Hearts 2 for the first time yesterday and Twilight Town had me rather frustrated.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
The Grey Wolverine

The only times I get frustrated at games is when systems in those games don't wok well, or they are just useless, like Crysis 2, as much as I hate it, there are only a few things that make me rage at it, and one is Nanovision, because in the dark areas there is no light and Nanovision does a couple things I can't stand, 1. It barely seems to illuminate and 2. It drains your suits power sort of quickly. And it really annoys me because in the first game you had Night Vision for when it got dark, and it used its own power.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Guild wars 2 is the prettiest game I have ever seen in my entire life holy crap, worth buying just for the scenerY!
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

I used to get frustrated pretty easily. I know that I've broken one controller in my time, but that was mostly thanks to trying to get trophies in SSB:M by completing Adventure Mode on Hard or Very Hard over and over and over again. I was a bit masochistic in that endeavor, I think. :0

Nowadays, I don't really play games often enough to get frustrated with them; I tend to get bored with a game before I get frustrated with it.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

The thing is while I still get angry and frustrated at every type of game, I get angrier much quicker when it comes to fighting game then anything else. When I lose in something like Dust it takes me quite a few times (like say 15 or 20 deaths in a row) to actually get angry enough to throw the controller (and usually I just end up walking away, before I do anyway) but say I lose like one or two matches in a fighting game online; Im ready to toss the controller into the TV. (especially when I know I would have won if I had not made just one stupid mistake) Its not like this happens in competitive games in general its just fighting games, FPS's, puzzle games, RTS, ect. none of them ever get me that mad that fast against people online.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Only time i was frustrated with a game was Killer Instinct for the SNES on 8 star mode. Riptor was too much to handle.
exranio

Post by exranio »

I play everything on hard mode!
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Even Fire Emblem?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
The Grey Wolverine

I always beat a game on normal at least once, than I go to the highest difficulty
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

I love a challenge; I'm the only person I know who has beaten Dead Space 2 on hardcore.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

In your neighbourhood i presume =P

Otherwise, you unlocked the Handcannon!

I wish i could beat everything on hard mode, but the SNES era was the era i proudly say i played as many games on hard mode as i could, including street fighter 2. That being said though, i also stopped playing Hardcore mode when i started realizing that on hard mode, it's pretty much a license for some CPUs to cheat. I'm looking at you, Mortal Kombat 2 Liu Kang :|
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

GameCobra wrote:In your neighbourhood i presume =P

Otherwise, you unlocked the Handcannon!

I wish i could beat everything on hard mode, but the SNES era was the era i proudly say i played as many games on hard mode as i could, including street fighter 2. That being said though, i also stopped playing Hardcore mode when i started realizing that on hard mode, it's pretty much a license for some CPUs to cheat. I'm looking at you, Mortal Kombat 2 Liu Kang :|
I mean out of every person I know, irl or online. I know that other people have beaten it, I'm just the only one in my circle of friends that has.

RootsofOrigin

Post by RootsofOrigin »

Dubiousity wrote:I'm the only person I know who has beaten Dead Space 2 on hardcore.
So what, am I invisible? :cry:
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

Sleet wrote:Even Fire Emblem?
Just the thought of playing that on hard mode gives me pain. I am a perfectionist, so I have to get as many characters as I can, and I do not let any of them die unless the story forces me to sacrifice one.
I like Pie!!!
Go ahead and send me a message, maybe we could talk about pie!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Well after beating a game once or twice I play on the hardest level all the time after that. Like for example with Doom every new WAD I play I play on Ultra Violence since I'm really good at Doom. 99% of the time Nightmare mode is basically all but impossible to play on almost all WADs, especially new ones. So I don't play on that. So its not like I always play on easy mode I just do it for the practice basically.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Zukio wrote:
Sleet wrote:Even Fire Emblem?
Just the thought of playing that on hard mode gives me pain. I am a perfectionist, so I have to get as many characters as I can, and I do not let any of them die unless the story forces me to sacrifice one.
That's exactly how I am.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

I've played through FE6 on both difficulties with every character except Hector. On that mode, I got stuck on chapter 27x or something like that and still haven't gone back to try to beat it. And I've beaten Path of Radiance on Hard mode as well.

As for Sacred Stones? That game is a joke either way. As soon as you unlock the Tower of Valni, you're pretty much invincible for the rest of the game. It's like the Arena in FE6, except you're about 1000% less likely to actually die. I still loved playing through the game the first couple times, but as far as difficulty is concerned, it was a pretty massive oversight on the developers' part.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

I like strategy games the most as well as indepth role playing games like Mass Effect, Dragon Age and Knights of the Old Republic. Also Fallout and Elder Scrolls are rather good too but lack content as well as your ability to control the world (Skyrim the most, since you should have been able to raise your own rebellion, I think. And what was Yes Man's betrayal all about? That just makes all the efforts the player has gone to to create an independant nation completely void.)
Strategy games I have played include Command and Conquer, Hearts of Iron, Black and White (2), Europa (3) and Tropico (4) as well as many more.
Anyone know of any new games that might be of interest?
The Grey Wolverine

Dishonored looks pretty good actually, plus you can teleport places like a boss
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I've been waiting for Dishonoured for years, since I first read the article in the Official Xbox 360 Magascene years ago. Really, really looking forward to it.
The Grey Wolverine

I just hope they give us the freedom they seem to claim to give, and I want to b able to stop time and shoot people with flintlock pistols.
RootsofOrigin

Post by RootsofOrigin »

Some smart*** pulled a fast one on the Zelda community and Operation: Moonfall
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

RootsofOrigin wrote:
Dubiousity wrote:I'm the only person I know who has beaten Dead Space 2 on hardcore.
So what, am I invisible? :cry:
No you're not invisible, but at the same time you're not someone I know nor are you a friend of mine.

On the subject of Dishonored, they probably will give you a lot of freedom but don't expect to just destroy anything and everything with an array of unstoppable powers; There will be counterplay to the things you can do in that game.
The Grey Wolverine

Oh, I understand that, I have seen the powers and they look balanced, I'm just saying, that that would be cool, but I don't expect that to actually be there, but it would be nice. Anyone else getting Borderlands 2 on 360?
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:Oh, I understand that, I have seen the powers and they look balanced, I'm just saying, that that would be cool, but I don't expect that to actually be there, but it would be nice. Anyone else getting Borderlands 2 on 360?
I'm attempting to.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:Oh, I understand that, I have seen the powers and they look balanced, I'm just saying, that that would be cool, but I don't expect that to actually be there, but it would be nice. Anyone else getting Borderlands 2 on 360?
Already preordered it on steam because they were running a nice discount as well as a free upgrade to the premium thing.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Now that the NDA was lifted in Planetside 2, i can safely say ~

Running people over with a Tank and sneaking around bases as a Infintrator unit has never felt so satisfying. It's also very fun flying in this game. driving around the ground with groups of 15 tanks and guarding busses of troops is awesome <3. Feels like a real G.I.Joe game.

Can't wait until this game hits live.
exranio

Post by exranio »

Ladies and gentlemen. Behold shooters I can actually care about

GUNZ

and the still in closed beta sequel gunz2
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Before we started paying for online games, we use to play Gunz all the time. We still love the game,too =)
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Anyone that likes speed running video games and especially Mario 64 should know that Siglemic just got the world record for 120 stars finishing in 1:44:52 (Previous Record was 1:45:38, for comparison). Getting his goal of getting a 1:44 time; which is pretty close to perfect in that game for a non Tool Assisted Speed Run. Speculation is that a perfect human time with current route is in the low 1:44's or very high 1:43's that's how good that run was.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That's pretty awesome! I have a friend who likes speed running games like that but he's not nearly that good.
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

I could never speed run a game, I like taking my time to enjoy it. I see high playtimes as sort of a badge of honor.